✎ CS Book Club ✐

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ✎ CS Book Club ✐

Postby wayhaught » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 am

there's always the library c: i never buy books anymore unless i get a gift card to b&n or something

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silveriver » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:38 am

Heyy I'd love to join!

pizza hat <-- do not remove this!
Username: silveriver
Pronouns: she/her
Your favorite book and/or author: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Why is this your favorite?: My favorite always switches around, so part of it is just that this is a recent read I really liked. It's high fantasy which is up my alley, the world is beautifully described (I took a reading break at one point to draw what he was describing cause I wanted to look at it and my brain doesn't really do images that well. It was so fun). It's also the sort of book that does time jumps and makes you think and keep track of a bunch of different threads. Absolutely beautiful.
What genres do you like? Mainly fantasy and historical fiction (including folklore and the like. Love those). Definitely open to reading across the board but I tend to stay away from contemporary and YA books till the hype has died down a bit and then decide if I actually want to read them.
Fun fact about you: Just getting back into reading after a several year long slump and I'm excited to see all the recommendations
Anything else?: I just found out the Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski is being turned into a netflix series so now I'm panicking and excited and definitely want to reread them before I see too much of the promo material for the adaptation
~Reduce~Reuse~Recycle~
~Lyrics credit to Nightwish
~Image credit to raiinbow-love on Tumblr
silveriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:50 am

welcome! our theme this month is fantasy, so feel free to discuss as you wish!

all about me
trade me
join the discord

wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:13 am

Welcome!! I really want to read Lies of Locke Lamora. Its been on my radar for...years now, lol. I think the thing putting me off was the 4th book never coming out but I heard its being released this year? Not sure if that's true or not.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:15 am

wayhaught wrote:there's always the library c: i never buy books anymore unless i get a gift card to b&n or something

My library is pretty awful and never gets any new books and if it does get new ones it never gets them in order
For example, when I first tried the warriors series they had Into the Wild, Fire and Ice and A Dangerous Path
Its why I can barely remember what happens in Forest of Secrets but I remember everything about A Dangerous Path

And I've read Rising Storm more than the others because that was the only book I could buy from WH Smith lol

This was when I was quite young so I didn't order online
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:03 am

there might be a way for you to order things to be delivered to your library from other libraries in the areas. it is free of course! you should see if you have that

all about me
trade me
join the discord

wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:39 am

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:I have read most of the Inheritance Cycle, still haven't started Inheritance though, I really need to be in the right mood for those books

I didn't know Paolini had another book, just looked it up. Returning to Alagaesia would be interesting but the price is putting me off, I'll wait and see if it gets reduced.

I'll definitely give The Young Elites a go.

yeah, it kinda kills me : /
although i'm not sure how valid this is; I heard Walmart had it for $10?
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silveriver » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Pyjaks wrote:Welcome!! I really want to read Lies of Locke Lamora. Its been on my radar for...years now, lol. I think the thing putting me off was the 4th book never coming out but I heard its being released this year? Not sure if that's true or not.

So far I've only read the first book and I still definitely want to read the second but given some things I've heard about the third I might just leave the series after the second book anyways. The first book was beautiful so I'd definitely recommend checking it out but it makes sense that you might want the series complete first. :)
~Reduce~Reuse~Recycle~
~Lyrics credit to Nightwish
~Image credit to raiinbow-love on Tumblr
silveriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:27 am

silveriver wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:Welcome!! I really want to read Lies of Locke Lamora. Its been on my radar for...years now, lol. I think the thing putting me off was the 4th book never coming out but I heard its being released this year? Not sure if that's true or not.

So far I've only read the first book and I still definitely want to read the second but given some things I've heard about the third I might just leave the series after the second book anyways. The first book was beautiful so I'd definitely recommend checking it out but it makes sense that you might want the series complete first. :)

Yeahhh I've heard some similarly negative things about book 3, unfortunately, which is also part of what is deterring me from starting the series. Ultimately though I really like heist stories so I feel like I'll get to it eventually, hopefully this year!!

On the topic of fantasy stories- Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon is 1.99 on Kindle today. I've been wanting to read it since it released earlier this year but I couldn't justify paying $20+ so I snatched it up immediately. Its a biggggg boi, my Kindle estimates it'll take me 18 hours to finish it (but I have no idea how accurate that is lmao)
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:30 am

wait, really? :o i almost bought the hardcover version of priory yesterday from b&n but it was $32 and i though that was absolutely ridiculous!! this is so good to hear, i will definitely be buying that!

all about me
trade me
join the discord

wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery