✎ CS Book Club ✐

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ✎ CS Book Club ✐

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 am

Is anybody going to Realm Makers/anybody hear who has heard of it?
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:43 am

I just looked it up and it seems pretty cool! Its not really my kind of thing but I was suuuper surprised to see Brent Weeks is a featured speaker? I never got any sort of religious themes or vibes from him or his books (but then again I only read like...1/3 of his books before I put it down because it was too dark even for me yikes). But that's pretty cool. Terry Brooks I'm a lot less surprised about lol. I hope you have a good time if you're going!

Speaking of convention type things I'm debating buying a ticket to Dragoncon...solely so I can meet Brandon Sanderson lmao. There are some other cool writers/voice actors/etc going as well but I've been wanting to meet Brandon for years hnggg
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 pm

pizza hat <-- do not remove this!
Username: Koolkatkoolkat123
Pronouns: She
Your favorite book and/or author: Fire Bringer by David Clement Davis, he is my favourite male author and Maria V Snyder is my favourite female author
Why is this your favorite?: Fire Bringer - Its beautifully written, the characters are engaging and its just a really good book.
What genres do you like? My go to every time is medieval fantasy such as game of thrones. I love fantasy. I like books about animals but only if they try to be realistic, some fantasy thrown in is fine, so it feels like I can learn a bit more about an animal's behaviour when reading it, books like Watership Down, The Sight and Fire Bringer. I'm also sort of into books about the supernatural world but they have to be real gems, my absolute favourite series for this is Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
Fun fact about you: My favourite thing to do in my spare time is sing, provided no one else is in the house.
Anything else?:
Currently rereading Harry Potter for maybe the hundredth time, I lose count. You just forget how good these books are (and it makes you wonder how we managed to get such poor writing for the Crimes of Grindlewald film). I've just started the sixth book.
Last edited by koolkatkoolkat123 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xBunx » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:09 pm

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:Is anybody going to Realm Makers/anybody hear who has heard of it?

what is it?
xBunx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:32 am

welcome koolkat! c:

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:18 am

So as I said above I'm rereading Harry Potter but I'm not sure what I want to read after that, I have a bunch on my kindle but I'm a fast reader so I've already reread the ones I want to. Any recommendations? The less known the better since I read a lot
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 am

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:So as I said above I'm rereading Harry Potter but I'm not sure what I want to read after that, I have a bunch on my kindle but I'm a fast reader so I've already reread the ones I want to. Any recommendations? The less known the better since I read a lot

Since you say you like fantasy, have you tried Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson? The Riyria Revelations by Michael Sullivan is supposed to be a fun, fast paced fantasy, and the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima has been on my radar recently.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:55 pm

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:So as I said above I'm rereading Harry Potter but I'm not sure what I want to read after that, I have a bunch on my kindle but I'm a fast reader so I've already reread the ones I want to. Any recommendations? The less known the better since I read a lot

hmmm I thought the inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini was pretty good; there's 4 books (eragon, eldest, brisingr, inheritance) and it's a fantasty series^^
Paolini also apparently came out/is coming out with another book? "The Fork, The Witch, and The Worm" is the title; I have yet to read it though. Have any of you guys heard of it?
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xBunx » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:59 pm

DEFINITELY RECOMMENDING the Young Elites Series by Marie Lu!!

The series in order is:
-Young Elites
-Rose Society
-Midnight Star

I think you'll enjoy it!
xBunx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:55 pm

I have read most of the Inheritance Cycle, still haven't started Inheritance though, I really need to be in the right mood for those books

I didn't know Paolini had another book, just looked it up. Returning to Alagaesia would be interesting but the price is putting me off, I'll wait and see if it gets reduced.

I'll definitely give The Young Elites a go.

koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me