Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Secret Santa!

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:35 am

I wanted to pop in and advertise a group roleplay that me and a few friends are participating in! It's discord based, and as of now the roleplay itself is a bit inactive. I'm hoping to recruit some new people to spice up the plot, so here's the premise and the invite link if anyone's interested:

Click for invite link
    You participate in this roleplay as an anthro character who, for whatever reason, has stumbled upon a mysterious lake. At first, the place appears as an oasis, luring your character in to investigate, but things aren't so perfect once the fog lifts. Others have stumbled across the lake on the same night, and after suspicions start to arise, it becomes impossible to leave. Those who hike off only go through a maze of twists and turns that lead them back to the same place. The only way for your character to escape is to reveal a deep personal truth to everyone present at the lake. Sometimes the lake is more demanding than others, and your character might not be released until every detail is elaborated on in ugly detail.

The roleplay has already started, but it's pretty easy to introduce characters, at least in my opinion! We're not very far along in the main plot, and characters are getting to know each other right now.
    _____
    Not gonna do too many replies this time around, sorry y'all. I'd love to do more but my tired brain is feeling so fried ):

@cleo_starry, That's so nice for trashguts to do a speedpaint of your character! The result is definitely an amazing piece too; I think the style really fits with Cacti's minimalist design.
    @Sixbane, I can relate to being absent from the thread for a while, but it's definitely good to see you back around! I also see you're hosting an art raffle, which is unbelievably generous, but then again you are one of the most generous people I know when it comes to gift art. I've always thought you were so admirable for sharing your art with so many people when you could just as easily be paid for all the work you do. I hope you take time for yourself though, because your happiness matters just as much as the happiness you give to others. <33
    @Killawolf17, I hope you manage to sell some of the characters you've lost connection with! It's unfortunate that you haven't been able to use or enjoy them recently, but at least you can give them better homes now. Hopefully you'll be able to put more attention on your favorite characters after you sell some!

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mavryk Company » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 am

@POCKETKNIFE: I don't do too many RPs on this site, but man, that's one A++ idea for one!! I hope a ton of people join in, it sounds really interesting!
@cleo_starry: Cacti is super cute!! Congrats on the new art!!
@Sixbane: Selkie might possibly be the cutest thing I've ever seen?? And I love Askari's design! also gotta check out that raffle OTL, ive had it bookmarked forever
@Lyonix: That art tho!! Nice!!

It's been like 30 years since I lasted posted on here, so I've got a ton of art and some new chars, but I'm only gonna post my two new favs cause there's seriously,, a lot.

First up is Mavryk!

It finally dawned on me that I didn't really have a "main" character? Fursona? A char I could dump all my love and motivation into. So I designed this boy! He's a striped hyena and man, I just love him so much! (art by the awesome kosmic-kit!)

And then I've got my boy Knox, who's a collab between my sis and I! She wanted to surprise me, but had a really tough time getting passed the lineart stage. So she made the lineart for his ref, and I designed him!
Drew a little chibi of him too ;u;

Aaand they've got little cave painting chibi things that I doodled!
ImageImage

I also don't know if this is allowed, if its not please PM me and I'll edit it ASAP! So I really love ilya's designs, if anyone is looking to sell any, I'd be happy to try and work something out! I've got some CS stuff, DA points, and USD!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Questions:

Which gender of character do you own more of?
Male, for sure! Dunno why, but I have a much harder time connecting with female chars. ^.^'

What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see?
I love love love designs with a ton of white on 'em, so those have a default spot in my heart. There's not too much I really hate, but I'm not a big fan of the color orange, so designs with those colors tend to be harder for me to connect with.

Favorite memory you have relating to your characters?
I think that's gotta be right after I made Mav tbh. I scrapped an earlier design of him before I finished up the design he has now, and wasn't sure if I was gonna like it in the long run. Turns out, I love him! All the positive comments from my friends and sister really helped me feel like I finally had my perfect char. ;u;

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
I'd just be better at it. I'm absolutely terrible at posting their new art, or just the characters themselves on Toyhouse.

What is the most you'd ever spend for a character?
I can't say for sure, but I think my max budget would be around $75? You just never know, so I could def end up spending more, who knows!

What do you look for in adopts?
A design that says "if you don't buy this now you're gonna regret it forever", which...happens a lot more than it should OTL. If I feel like I'm gonna regret it when I wake up the next day, I'll try to snag em!

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
Depends on the character, for sure. I like having some kind of lineart, like physical traits that I want down first? Then I pick a color palette and go nuts. Most of the time, they end up looking 100% different then what I imagined at first! When they're all done, then I start developing personalities and stuff.

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
For me, it's probably Mavryk. He's named after something in a game I play that my sister and friend made, but we never did anything with it. It was the name of my DA (Mavryk Company), so I decided "wth, i'll name him after it".
For other characters, my friend has one named Clockie, which I think is adorable! I also just love the name Jasper, so bonus points to any chars named that!

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
I have Dunkin the orca!

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?
I don't really have any dream chars that aren't mine I don't think? There's a ton of designs I really really love, but I don't really count them as dream chars.

actually there is one. i don't remember who owns him, but his name is jasper and he's a really cute pup

Do your characters share common colors/themes or do you have a varied mix
A ton of my characters have the color white on them, even my video game characters OTL

Show off the last art piece you received
Knox's Ref!

Do you have any current specific character goals? If so what are they?
To get. Better. At. It. Like developing them, actually making profiles for them, likes, dislikes, stuff like that.
Last edited by Mavryk Company on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
➸ adult
toyhouse
zendaru's twin
info:
[b/t/s charas]
av + tags | ➸ trades open
Mavryk Company

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 am

h e l l o
everyone

I haven't really received much of any art as of late, but I have drawn some of my own ;;
ImageImageImage

@Mavryk Company. dang. I love those little 'cave doodles.' They're fricken adorable.
@cleo_starry, oh mannnn. I love trash guts -que dramaitic sobbing- I'm jealous you have art by them and it's so beautiful
@Sixbane, Tilly, Selkie and that Pirate son are <3 <3
@Lyonix, I love that art so much ahh !! <33
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 am

Advertisements:
- I currently have characters for sale or trade! Feel free to message me if you are interested in any of them. -

- I have a contest going on right now as well. Offering a UR Tess Horse(re-released) and more to the top winner. Over 500 rare pets as prizes. Everyone gets a participation prize! Design a character and/or draw my current characters. -

Questions!
who is your favorite of my (trashguts) characters? :3c
It is between Forg, Sammy, and Yett. I love how Forg is drawn and how nutty a frog he is. I like Sammy's and Yett's designs though. <33

do i, weegeestar5, own any characters that you really like? any dreamies? :3c
48...pages... I like Neutron, Maldai, and Copper, in that order. <3333 I don't exactly have dreamies though. ;^;

Do I, sixbane, have any dream characters/favorites?
Selkie is a major dreamie for me and has been for a long time.
Sinbad is also a major dreamie, but not nearly as much as Selkie.
LaMont is a dreamie.
Edward Jones is a minor dreamie of mine.
Xoboon is a dreamie for sure.
Yaochuan is probably a high favorite.
Rowdy is super cool. I love the idea of having monkey characters, but I've never been able to come up with a good idea for them.
Mortimer looks so evil, I love it.
Really like Vauingld.
Kano I like. He is extremely cute.
I like Laguna
Malcolm is super cool. Love his tattoos.

-and gonna answer my own questions.-
Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
but don't completely feel like it is..you?

I have a couple characters like this. I used to have 6 sonas until I recently downgraded 5 of them to just characters. Now I have a couple others I'd like to promote but don't feel they are actually me...Wiley and Aven. I used to have Riku, Tama, Ichijirushii, Kallen, and Satoshi.

Male...definitely male. I own about 5 females and one character that is actually both...all the rest are males. I have no idea why.

I love anything unique, but I don't neccessarily connect with them even if they are. I don't like seeing bright colors or super simple designs.

Creating my sona and/or winning a bid for a really nice character I got. I was panicked that I wouldn't get him, but then I did!

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
I would give myself more time, energy, and ideas to create their stories and art.

What is the most youd ever spend for a character?
I probably wouldn't spend more than $20, and that'd be for somethign I really want and can't let go of..but I'm very stingy.

Code: Select all
Do I, Keyoto-TheFox, have any [url=https://toyhou.se/Keyoto-TheFox/characters/folder:all]characters[/url] you love/want/or are a dreamie for you? Or, just who is your favorite?

I got art of my boy Haru the other day! Art is by Solminol on DA.
I get art so slowly....

@Mavryk Company - I love those cave painting pieces so so much, seriously.
@cleo_starry - Congrats on that beautiful gift art!!
@Sixbane - All those wonderful characters and art. Congrats!!
@Killawolf17 - Good luck selling!!

DEVIANTARTARTFIGHTTOYHOUSE
FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

▪ DISCORD: artworkiskey ▪
ImageImageImage

My UMA: Rafficorns!

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 am

Hey guys, long time no see!! I'm here mostly for answering questions, but I have a bit to show off as well, so sorry for the long post!

Ooooo let's see!! Some favorites of mine are Jo, Myra (ofc lol), Selkie, Day Dawn and Dusk, Laguna, Aevum, Gabriel, Waffle, and https://toyhou.se/200366.10-. And you do own a couple of dreamies!! Edward Jones, Neculai, Cassiel, and Ender!! <3

Hmmmm.. No dreamies, but I've always adored Grey, Mabel, Phobos, and Sweep!!

Oh gosh, definitely Altiss!! It was a hard decision but as soon as I saw that lovely I fell in love!!

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
but don't completely feel like it is..you?

Oh yes!! I have Lithium, Mila, Sekaani, and Lizzy! I love them all but they just aren't quite.. me ;;

Oof let's see.. Out of my currently active ocs, I own 16 females and 17 males, so it's actually pretty close, unless you count my Kalons and my inactive characters and in that case it's definitely male by far.

What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character?

I love personalities with some wiggle room and some contradictions, but they still work! Like, shy and introverted but very loud and wild around certain people kind of thing. I dislike perfect world situations, or a nice clean cut personality with no rough edges/faults.

Personality wise, I love to see flaws! It drives me crazy to see characters out there that are just perfect, with no flaws and everything is just how they want it to be, I like seeing things a little messy! Design wise, I love spots, they're my weakness haha. And I personally struggle to connect with designs with no back design, I feel like that's what makes or breaks a design, and if it's just a solid color with maybe like a gradient or something, I just can't connect ;;

Hmmmm.. I couldn't choose a favorite, so here are a couple!!

1. When I achieved my dream character, Noodles, my current sona!!
2. Late night spurts of motivation and spending the entire night fleshing out a character. It's such a fantastic feeling honestly, and I always enjoy every second of those nights <3

Definitely how I organize them. I'm awful at organization and I feel so bad, because I lose track of characters sometimes and it's just a mess ;;

If it were the right character, I'd go up to $100 tops, and only if it was a major major dreamie. Generally I stick to $20 or under.

Again, I love spots!! Those always draw me in! I also love to see something unique!! Something different from a gray husky with green eyes. I like to see things that really stray away from the norm, kind of like my Tobi!!

Do I, Keyoto-TheFox, have any characters you love/want/or are a dreamie for you? Or, just who is your favorite?

Ooooo I really adore Lyharia!! I also really want this precious kiddo, holy wow o; https://toyhou.se/1345873.tbn#4906256. And Ashten is definitely a dreamie, and so is Haru!!! I would follow both of those children off a cliff haha.

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?

I start with traits, like "oooo this one will have horns and a long skinny tail" or "hmm this one gets some nice floppy ears!" From there I choose a color palette and then a gender, and between those 3 things, the design just kinda falls into place!

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)

Oh boy, I've seen so many good ones out there!! I really love the name Noodles, as well as the name Winnipeg c;

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?

OooOOOooo I have a lot of unique characters!! Sadly no mice, but here we go lmao. I have Lizzy, my ball python x blue jay x canine girlie!! I also have Carter, Gino, Winnie, Nullius, Delilah, and of course Tobi!!

Do you have a mascot/sona? Show them off!

I have 3!! Noodles, Barb, and Delilah!

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?

I have loads! I have a sta.sh with a few of them, but there are too many for me to keep track of. I generally just stalk quietly, but if I see one ufs I definitely go for it!! Here's my sta.sh of them c;

https://sta.sh/2swyc1n47fj

I feel like they're generally pretty varied but I do really like browns and like I said, spots are my weakness lmao

How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc

Tbh I can't get into them. They don't feel unique to me and I don't really understand the appeal, but to each their own I guess!

Show off the last art piece you received

Ohhhh boy probably this one!

by iuno

Yes!! I have quite a few haha

1. To own a kintaur!! I've wanted once since I knew what they were but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet ;;
2. Cut down to a manageable number of ocs and develop them before buying more!
3. Achieve some of my more major dreamies!!

//phew that was a lot of questions.

I'm going to quickly advertise character sales!! I need USD pretty badly, but I'll accept just about anything for these guys, I just need to rehome them ;;
I'll sell outside of my sales folder as well, but only USD for those ones oop

https://sta.sh/21dwh2nzp8j4

Aaaaand I'm exhausted so here are a few replies!!

@Keyoto-TheFox - Good luck selling, and with your contest!! Haru looks so precious in that art!
@whisky - I love your art so much oh my wow!!
@Mavryk Company - Ooooo congrats on all the new characters, I know how you feel there haha
@P0CKETKNIFE - Ooooo that sounds really interesting, I'll probably check that out!! Sounds really fun, I'd love to join the party haha.

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby Kat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:18 am

Long post ahead. Very sorry. ;;

I haven't been here in a while. Just a bit of an update, and answering some questions.

Fist of all, I got this new character by Shrimpv.
He's a moody little emo doggo named Sol. Is his life miserable? Nope. Does he act like it anyway? Yep.

I also got lots of new art.
These are by (in order): Ushuaya, roccdog, and SavagelySmall
Image Image Image

All four of these ones are by Cry_Like_A_Wolf.

And these ones are by LordHisuke, TyrannosaurusWreck, and Myself
Image Image Image

And now onto some questions are replies and such.

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona but don't completely feel like it is..you?
Not really. I kind of wish that Novi could be my fursona because I feel most connected to him out of all of my characters, but I don't feel comfortable doing that for multiple reasons.

I own more male characters than I do female characters. I don't really know why.

As far as personality goes, I don't like the typical mary-sue stuff. Overly perfect and powerful. I like some flaws in a character. I like when a character is a bit rough around the edges and perhaps a bit melancholy. As far as design goes, I really don't like pastels (though primarily because I am a bit color blind and cannot see very light colors), and overly "soft" designs. I mean, I like cute and fluffy things, but they don't really inspire me and therefore I'm not overly drawn to them. I like darker colors (probably because they are easiest for me to see) with splashes of brighter colors. If it's an animal, I like it to have hair. Mostly because I like drawing hair. haha

When I got Novi. I've never had a more happy character-related moment than that.

I wish that I could afford to buy more artwork for them. There are so many lovely artists out there who I wish I could commission, but I'm a starving artist myself and therefore have to be careful about spending.

What is the most you'd ever spend for a character?
It very much depends on the character. The most that I've spent on a character was for Novi, but I had been wanting him for quite some time before I actually had the opportunity to buy him. I wouldn't just spend that much on a random character who I fell for on a whim. The most that I'll spend on a regular character is around 25 USD, and that's honestly pushing it a bit.

Darker colors. Something unique. Must have hair. ;P

I don't really design many character, but I think of personality first, physical features second, colors third, and accessories fourth.

No mice, but I do have a rat! That not my most unique, though. I have some real weirdos.
Aberrant
Archie
Juggly the Clown
To name just a few...

Do you have a mascot/sona? Show them off!
Arcade is my current fursona.

Kind of both, to be honest. Most of my animal characters run along the same vein, but I have a lot of other very unique characters, as well. I do have a certain "taste" in characters, though.

How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc
Not my thing, but to each their own.

I want Novi to reach 200 art pieces.

Screamer. Omg. 10/10. ;;

No dreamies, but you have some really cute characters.

Yoni c;

Do I, Keyoto-TheFox, have any characters you love/want/or are a dreamie for you? Or, just who is your favorite?
Love this one.

I want to join in, if it's not too late.
Code: Select all
Do I, Kat, have any [url=https://toyhou.se/ArcadeKat/characters]characters[/url] that you like? Or might even consider a dreamie?

@beau-tiful: That little pixel by iuno is precious. Best of luck with your sales!
@Keyoto-TheFox: Best of luck with your contest and sales! Very cute art of Haru, as well.
@whisky: Oh my. I adore your art style! That icon is amazing. ;;
@Mavryk Company: I love your hyena boy. Hyenas deserve more love. Knox is also precious.
@cleo_starry: Lovely art!
Last edited by Kat on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:17 pm

whew long time no post! have been inactive with the characters, seems like every time i order art the artist disappears -v-
got into a car crash 2 fridays ago and have been messing around with the character world again due to my back being in pain like all the time now anyyywaaay

Do you have any characters that you almost want to make a mascot/sona but don't completely feel like it is..you?
yees, i bubbles and magic. i love them to death, especially bubbles but cant see them as my sonas. maybe mascot? i just feel like im well known (or used to be anyway lol) for bubbles.
by far males and no gender, only have 2 female characters.
making bubbles! he is the only character ive created and kept, manatees are my favorite animals.
fleshing them out and getting more art, a lot of who they are is in my head and i dont ever write it down. and as of late i have become lazy with getting art.
creativity!! and unusual species, im not really into canines and felines. i do have soft spot tho for regal looking big cats.
oh b o y firstly
bubbles, a quad manatee. (art by skelefrog @ da)
agatha, a squirrel monkey. (art by limecrumble @ da)
teddy, a zebra. (art by jypg @ da)
crew, a crow. (art by lyresandharps @ da)
valhalla, a orca/jelly (art by cassdoodles @ da)
currently have no dream characters! but at one point teddy was a dream character and asked the person who owned them if theyd ever sell and they ended up gifting them to me!

kat amazing art!! its so cool to see novi still around! also i really love the style of the icon with character that has the alien plugs!
key haru is absolutely cute as heck and the style of the art really goes well with their design.
whisky they style of your art def reminds me of someone else, im def in love with your soft style. keep up the amazing work! digging that icon as well

well i thought id be able to do more replies but my back is acking now uggh
before i go i would like to say looking for art! offering pets and possible points (wont be able to buy points till friday)
i really really love pixels and icons. if anyone has comms open id love to see examples and your prices!

the only new thing for me character related is i snagged this guy, like i said im not into canines but this one called out to me.
meet apollo!
art by turbocatZ @ TH, design by megaheadbomb @ da
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:04 am

NOW ALSO ACCEPTING DA POINTS
PRICES NOW FULLY NEGOTIABLE
I'M LEAVING THE WORLD OF CHARACTER ADOPTIONS FOREVER

Now is your chance to get some amazing high quality designs with loads of art for fairly cheap. I am leaving the world of characters for good and want to rehome all my babies before I go so that I know they will be cared for and loved!
Designs by Smooshkin, umbrans, Coyotesoot, and more!
Most come with additional art (many have 10+ extra pieces) not all pieces are uploaded so don't be afraid to ask if the one you are interested in has additional art!

USD/DA point offers only please!
Contact me via DeviantART (Jericho-x)
If you do not have DA please msg me on CS for additional contact methods (discord, furaffinity, etc.)

CLICK ANY OF THE IMAGES BELOW TO SEE THE CHARACTERS AVALIABLE!
THERE ARE DOZENS OF DESIGNS UP FOR SALE!
A few highlights:

(art by sesemiroh, kique7, and smooshkin)

@bvrd - I hope you heal quickly!
@Kat - Loving the markings on that emo boy, especially the litle sun
@beau-tiful - Wish I could help with the USD you need but I have no need for characters anymore ;-;
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lirrie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Questions!
it.

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona but don't completely feel like it is..you?

My oc Gingerpelt :3

Female

I love to see naturals and I hate seeing fully green ocs

Winning venus

Id give myself more time to draw them

$300

I am looking for harpg / darpg usable characters. I can offer art or others characters. I am also looking for humans. I might take customs as well. pm me please
ImageMy Da /Crystalines Sangie's SantuaryImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 9 gifts.

Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GirlyChick1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:00 am

buying already made characters have lots of points
love
wolf
cat
red panda
fox
racoon
dog
(Aussies,German Shepard, Husky)
(send me links :) )

GirlyChick1