Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Secret Santa!

Postby Rexodus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 am

Hey there!

It's been a loooong time since I've been on Chicken Smoothie since I'm constantly on DeviantART!
Popping on here to try and get back into the habit of being online here as well, especially with all the time I have on my hands nowadays!

@QueenNyra: Those art pieces are adorable, like, your art is just so pretty! I really need to get into Kalons.
@DoubleInfiniti: Good luck on the sales!
@GIGABITE: Oh my goodness mango is adorable!
@fiji: I love number 3 in that batch! Good luck selling!

So firstly, I have a requests journal open on DeviantART!
The requests journal can be found here!
Just send your references/character collections onto the journal of if you don't have a DA account, note me!
They won't be first-come, first-served, but I will chose one a day to draw! There's no limit on how many you can have, just depends on what I feel up to drawing! So if you want the possibility of waking up to a free piece of art by yours truly, then go ahead and reply to the journal or note me!

I am also a guest artist for the species of Vulmyre's over on DeviantART, and I'm hosting a free raffle for them!
Click to be taken to the raffle!
Art and design by myself, Rexodus!

I also made a Makoatl based off of my cat Lilly who passed away a few weeks ago.
I wanted to make a character that I could immortalize her in a way? Idk, but I love her to bits and I am so proud of the piece.
Art and design by myself, Rexodus.

And I've been drawing some old characters recently, my favourite piece being of my Merlyn! Some of you may recognise him, he's my little child who I've owned for years ;w;
Art and desgin by myself, Rexodus.
Rexodus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 am

Long post ahead sorry QAQ /

**Help a man pay his family bills** : )

[size=120]My Commissions are Open!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got some new refs of some old kids recently + Some New Kids : )

Here's my new old kid : )
Art/design by Ghosttiee

This is Aiden, younger brother to my other character Yoshi. They're half brothers I guess, same father different mother.
Basically he's an information broker and he met his brother gambling for information (and he lost). Now the two live together in Yoshi's bookstore (it's an apartment over his bookstore). He really likes flaming cheetos and milk.
He's always wearing a fedora though (Not shown on the ref)

And then I got this kid who I'm very excited about
Not sure on names right now or anything specific but I really wanted to show them off
By Enigmatic-Insomniac on DA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Rexodus - Welcome back to CS lol !! Thanks for the request it's very kind of you!! Sorry to hear about Lily but she looks great as a mako : )
@fiji & statuettic - Welcome to the club : )
@Queen Nyra - All your art/chars are so pretty QuQ / Those Kalon requests are beautiful though AAAAA I need art from you QuQ
@DoubleInfiniti - Good luck clearing out !! Feels good to get rid of kids you're not using after awhile
@GIGABITE - Welcome back !! - Mango is such a pretty kid aaaa <3
@Lieutenant Sparks - Sparks and Macaroon look like such great kids ??? <3
@Weegeestar5 - Thanks for your compliment !! I love my sona a lot too with the new coloration ! QUQ Also, I know I told you yesterday but I love that piece of your warrior cats you did together

Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs and Art

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aortic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 am

LONG POST! QVQ

QUESTIONS
    --
    do i, weegeestar5, own any characters that you really like? any dreamies? :3c
    Oh man, you have quite a few kids I love! Denali, Cloudpelt, Jared, Cain and Calidi are just a few of them!

who is your favorite of my (trashguts) characters? :3c
    AA I can't pick just one but Backlash, Anita (half-orc yes please??), Coal, Eoghan, Skunkbreath and Spiderbite are just perfect! :,>

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
    but don't completely feel like it is..you?

Yes! I connect with Roman and his design on a personal level but there's something that's missing for him to become a sona.
    [Art by me; Design by Wqlf]

Which gender of character do you own more of?
    I own way more male characters. 83% of my characters are male or male-identifying, 14% are female or female-identifying and roughly 3% are non-binary.

What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character?
    I don't really think I have a favorite personality? I enjoy a wide variety of personalities but one I click with the most are friendly and slightly air-headed characters, just happy and carefree.
    My least favorite is definitely a character that seeks out to remain miserable and sad, just a stagnant sad personality? I don't mind angst but melodramatic sadness in a personality is not my thing.

What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see?
    Love seeing soft, pinky browns!!
    Don't like mint green or clashing christmas colors :,>

Favorite memory you have relating to your characters?
    The friends I've made while collecting and developing characters! I've made a lot of my current friends through characters :>

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
    I'd like to be more speedy with my writing for them but that's probably it.

What is the most you'd ever spend for a character?
    It really depends on the character, I don't have a set amount decided? If I like a character and I have the money to spare, I'll buy them regardless of price.

What do you look for in adopts?
    I love semi-natural designs, browns/greys/blues or red/black palettes, loooove seeing cow adopts!

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
    I usually start with a plot or concept, then work on a personality and after a couple test sketches they're designed and colored! I currently have a character concept in progress actually!

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
    I really like Wolfgang as a name.

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
    I have quite a few cows/cattle! They're one of my favorite animals so I'm collecting a lot of them! No mice characters here haha
    Azael and Vatican are two of them!
    ImageImage
    [Art/Designs by me]

Do you have a mascot/sona? Show them off!
    Yep! That'd be my fursona, Wybe!

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?
    I have a few dream characters but they're all in loving forever homes. I'm not a fan of badgering others for characters just because they're dreams so I enjoy watching the love they're being shown <3

Do your characters share common colors/themes or do you have a varied mix
    I think I'll have groups of characters that'll each share a common color or theme, but I feel like I have a nice mix.

b]How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc[/b]
    Considering I have a few PokeFusions, warriors and such, I'm totally chill with Fan OCs. Sometimes the world has so much lore or an interesting concept and you can't help but want to build characters in that! I'm especially a fan of BnHA and Pokefusions/Warriors ocs right now aa

Show off the last art piece you received
    Jaime got a pixel of his Pokemon form!!
    [Art by weegeestar5]

Do you have any current specific character goals? If so what are they?
    I do! I'd love to have a basic personality, info and background for each of my characters as well as an icon of each of them.

Do I, Ittam, own any characters that you really like? Do you have any dreamies?
    Omg the second I saw Cooki, I'm in love. But you have so many gorgeous kids aa Quies, Yuudai, Volk, Voshkie, Cheebchop, Umbra and Sirius! I'm going to have to draw some of them one day haha

ARTS!!
    --
    Sharing more TH icons qvq
    Indra - Muiress - Kelsey
    BaBa - Jarno - Damir
    ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImage

And I doodled Jericho, Sigmund and Laurel! qvq
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImage
    [All art by me]

Lemonlotte also designed me a gorgeous horse character! His name is Dyson and he's part of my Horse Police Force!
    [Art/Design by Lemonlotte]

REPLIES!
    @TheBigBlueBear -- AA GOOD LUCK SELLING COLE!! You have so many cute kids for sale AgGH the temptation is real aa The Ferret, Deer, Saber and the pups in the 30s are just gorgeous! You did an amazing job aaa QAQ You got some Enigmatic kids!! I love that second bub and their colors!
    @Rexodus -- A gorgeous adopt !! I love those fiery colors so much ;v;/ I'm sorry for your loss though, she makes an adorable mako and I'm sure she was just perfection in cat form <3 Merlyn is gorgeous as well oh gosh <3
    @QueenNyra -- Eden and Nyra are so great! QvQ Gorgeous kal commissions oh my goshhh, your art is stunning!! ;U;
    @DoubleInfiniti -- Good luck selling!
    @GIGABITE -- Mango's colors are heaven wow, such a lovely character!! QvQ
    @fiji -- Good luck selling!! Those are some amazing designs wow aa
    @Lieutenant Sparks -- Sparks and Macaroon are so cute omg
Last edited by aortic on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DEADPlNE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:05 pm

SELLING / TRADING CHARACTERS
I'm also trading all my items / pets for art !

That new fursona got a pixel piece from me ! I'm also expecting a ton of art for him, I think, so I'm super excited.

DEADPlNE

treeiights . amazing characters as always. I specifically love the evil cow looking dude. such a cool and badass concept. Also, I love all your tags. The last character has my heart, though. Amazing style and design.
-TheBigBlueBear- . Good luck with your sale ! The third guy on the link is very pretty.

I would like to host my own Secret Santa this year, hopefully near thanksgiving. I would like st least two people who wouldnt mind helping me ! If you could help, please send me a message. No form or tryout ! Or, if youre interested in joining, shoot me a message as well.

I no longer play chickensmoothie as actively as before,
so messages will be slow.

I'm willing to trade my pets for art and /
or characters, in large offers. Just send me a mess-
age. I'm more than willing to clear them out.
DEADPlNE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadedDreams » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 am

Username: FadedDreams
Most recently obtained character: Art/Design by hinaichu on DA
Favorite character that you own: Currebtly this girl, everything by me
How many characters do you own?: About 20
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": A bit...
membership form
DARKNESS♦ - ♦
- - in
• • • •
░█░█░
█░█░█
─────────────────────
─────THE──────┐

I trade FR for CS, looking mostly
for items, and old store pets.

Hey guys you can call me Fade, and
the pronoun you decide to use does
not matter to me. I am pretty open
to trades and to am currently
hoarding natural macaws!

FR -Admire Butterscotch - ©

───────────────┘
| ⋯ cannot ⋯ |
EXTINGUISH
•THE LIGHT •
█░█░█░█░█░
░█░█░█░█░█

•••••••••••••
OF ♦♦♦ ONE

candle
candle
candle

FadedDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 am

FadedDreams wrote:Username: FadedDreams
Most recently obtained character: Art/Design by hinaichu on DA
Favorite character that you own: Currebtly this girl, everything by me
How many characters do you own?: About 20
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": A bit...
membership form

Accepted. Welcome.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lyonix » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:04 pm

@FadedDreams - Welcome!
@DEADPlNE - Good luck selling!
@treeiights - I adore your cow charries! Ive always wanted one but sadly I cant see myself using the ;n; Also beautiful artwork!
@Rexodus - Its unique seeing a feline Mako! Sorry to hear about your baby passing, She came out adorable in that piece!

{- So as far as new artwork goes I dont have a whole lot to show since last time, however I do have this amazing piece of Khaleesi! -}

By Minskujuu

{- I also got this new babe here, I am debating on having a little contest over on DA to see if he can get revamped into a dragon of sorts? -}

By LunarAdopts + Lostbellchime

{- And lastly this baby I got from LostGosling! -}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Killawolf17 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:08 pm

@Rexodus welcome back to CS! Those designs are incredible oml. I absolutely love your style and the fluid look of your poses. I aspire to be that good one day :lol: practice makes perfect I guess!
@DEADPlNE that pixel art looks so cool!! I've never been able to form a pixel art style myself, so I'm always envious of others that do it so well. The character's design also looks really neat!
@Lyonix I absolutely adore that piece of Khaleesi! Their design looks so detailed and incredibly well done. I think that middle cutie would look fantastic as a dragon. If I could draw dragons well, I'd be SO interested in entering, but I think I should really practice before trying to take something like that on.
@treeiights could you make me like... ten of those incredible cows? They look stunning! Their designs all seem so thought out and beautiful. I've had a big obsession with cool cow characters lately, so seeing those made my day.

So ah, I felt like this would be a fitting place to put this :') you can find a full thread about it here.

For my mental health, I'm getting rid of all characters here and here if you're interested. Anything in the Easy folder is free atm.

I really just want them gone :') the poor things. I never ever use them and have only kept them this long because I get far too attached to things and have an obsession with hoarding characters, especially free ones.
Last edited by Killawolf17 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Killawolf17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:24 pm

@Killawolf17 Im sorry you haven't been feeling the best! Good luck with rehoming characters, I hope they're able to find a good place qvq/
@Lyonix That arts gorgeous! I love the colors on that new design too (tho drawin em would kill me LOL) I like the feathers/those lil oranges on the design by lostgosling too
@FadedDreams Welcome to the club! Your characters are super cute, I adore that vivid blue on your new character
@DEADPlNE That pixel piece is lovely! Its always nice to have art to look forward to, too.
@treeiights aLL the lovely art, i'll never get sick of your style haha, I love dyson's colors too
@-TheBigBlueBear- Best of luck with sales ! Im not interested in kintaurs but I hope you're able to make what you need
@Rexodus Welcome back! I'd post on the journal but i already have art im buggin you with so i'll leave it be haha. Good luck with the raffle as well! Im not looking to get into more species but i love the colors

It has been... a lOng while since I posted here haha, sorry in advance on long-as-heck post

Raffling a whole lot of free art!
Ends in a few days.

I have characters for trade/sale/offers here (ill look at offers even if they have a set price)

For the heck of it ill throw my hat in the ring since the question's going around, mine
Code: Select all
[b]Do I, sixbane, have any dream [url=https://toyhou.se/Sixbane/characters]characters[/url]/favorites?[/b]

(Tbh, im cutting down on charas so i may or may not be using this to judge if theres any I might be able to rehome too)

Questions
do i, weegeestar5, own any characters that you really like? any dreamies? :3c
I wouldn't say dreamies but I really like Dani, Amber, & Cecil!

who is your favorite of my (trashguts) characters? :3c
My favorites are probably Sylvia & i kinda really dig Party popper

I don't think so myself? Ive been pretty happy with my characters/sonas as of late, (I have one main general-use sona, then a secondary persona and fur-sona) All of which are used for different purposes/different aspects of myself.

Which gender of character do you own more of?
I'm not honestly sure/dont feel like looking into it too much lol but last time I'd checked it was pretty near even

What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character?
Thats hard to say specifically since there are so many and a lot of variables , but I tend to connect well to strong/tough women and struggle more with super-feminine guys (not to say I dont have them, I just have trouble writing them)

What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see?
I love high fantasy, angel and demon themes!
I don't like greens and yellows most of the time though

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
I dont know? I guess that I wish I could let them go or feel less bad for letting them go when the time comes I dont connect to them, i get so sentimental and don't want to rehome them even if im not using them much cause what if i DO end up wanting to use them. Ive slowly gotten a lot better about this over time though.

What is the most you'd ever spend for a character?
Depends on the character, Right now the most expensive character I own cost 100$, but I only spent that much because I got a bonus, and he was absolutely PERFECT for a super important role in my character world.

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
I like to start with two wildly different concepts and merge them together just to see what happens! Like a doctor and a racoon, nothing similar about them but just see where it ends up

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
I'm not really sure? I like a lot of names.

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
I have loads of unique-species characters!
winged snake, bat, kestral, racoon, monkey, mouse,walking shark, octopus, cow, owls, gecko ect

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?
I don't think so right now? Theres a few floating around I like but none im absolutely dying to have, most of the dream characters ive had I actually own now cause usually i'll sulk about til I can snatch them up for sale (maybe I just have a good luck streak with em lol)

Do your characters share common colors/themes or do you have a varied mix
I have a pretty large variety of characters!

How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc
I dont mind if people have fandom ocs! Generally I prefer to avoid them (though I do have pokemon ocs and ponies), I use them kinda in my own version/ not in the canon context cause I prefer to do my own writing and worldbuilding, but theyre fun to draw for me !

Show off the last art piece you received
The last I received was this one of Asmodeus from Smartyk

Do you have any current specific character goals? If so what are they?
To get all my characters with their basic info on their page and move them to my new toyhouse format!

Do I, Ittam, own any characters that you really like? Do you have any dreamies?
No dreamies, but I do love Ida and Voyage!

I've mostly been working on reformatting My toyhouse and trying to get everyone updated to the new page format/ put in all the info i've gotten scattered about in my files (and organize them into something legible lol)

I've also written a lot of stories with my characters (that you can read via my toyhouse library if you want to) and writing info has consumed my life lol

I have plenty of new stuff since my last stop-by so ill try and keep it to my favorites

I got this guy, who I love-Askari. He's a pirate, son of a very aggressive pirate king who really wishes he could just drop off the radar and forget this pirate business, but his family name is a known one and he lives for adventure which doesn't make it easy for him
By Anima of toyhouse

I got this kid- who ive adored for a long while Selkie, Im still bouncing around ideas for her story-wise and concepts for her and her partner (whos owned by my gf) but im slowly getting there
By c-chimera

I made a new character, Alex(alexandria) who is the new loVE of my life, she's the daughter of me & my gfs main characters Myra & Ronny and ive drawn her a lOt already and plan on drawing her more
By me

Another character i've got/am quite excited for is Tilly! Though im still working on where she'll go in my character world since I just got her.
By c-chimera

I also bought this kid (who still needs a name!) He's simple but super cute. Still pending a story/personality
By Holuna

And last but not least on the new character front, I've got Heskel
He's a former police detective turned vampire, now out to take out his clan's head to reverse his curse and stop his clanmates from killing or harming more people
By melixion of deviantart

I got this lovely art piece of my fashion fishy Laguna!
By Tacowi

I've done some drawing my characters! I have mostly been focusing on commission work lately but I've done some stuff. mostly alex but you know

All art below is by me!

Bartholomew

Alex (aka best little nugget), Mostly stuff with her family!

Laguna!
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:15 am

@sixbane all the characters in your post look reaaalllyyy cute!

haha, I just got giftart a few days ago, of my boi cacti. I will link to the speedpaint of the art. it's by @trashguts

haha yes my baby shattr who I adopted from Mr cibbles the hero here on CS
Which gender of character do you own more of? aah I think females
What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character? I like shy beans and very cute derps. I don't like hate-everything and super-perfect characters though.
What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see? I love seeing snake characters and fluffy stuff. I don't like exessive rainbow and neon though..RIP my brother lol
Favorite memory you have relating to your characters? when I was at a kiddie play centre with my brother and we were designing are characters fleet (my baby), iron (his OC), ash (another of mine) and their worlds. LOL I am getting flashbacks now...
If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be? I would keep track of the amount better
What is the most youd ever spend for a character? aaaaah all my rares and chickendollars, all my unwanted characters, my horrible art (I can't make good art sorry), and maximum 50 pounds real money
What do you look for in adopts? Cute stuff really, I don't need fancy line edits