Rainbow Paint Wolf Fanclub V.2 [Updates - Pg 186]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Rainbow Paint Wolf Fanclub V.2

Postby Lepid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:14 am

Just to be fair in all of this, and it's really none of my business but it's something I have taken notice of is there's over 1,000 rpws guys. That's way more than what most species even gets to! You guys should feel honored and special that you are part in a species that made so many. It's given plenty of you a ton of characters.

And just because there's no more species doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Yeah, Plumerians closed down but people still post on the fan club showing off art or seeking relationships. If these guys do close down, maybe Raven could make them tradable for other rpws only to maybe help keep this place alive. These guys have had a really nice run and while I was not in it much, I had friends who were on staff and I got to hear a ton of nice things about these guys!

Anyways that's just my 2 cents. Have a good day. ^^

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 am

DoubleInfiniti wrote:Just to be fair in all of this, and it's really none of my business but it's something I have taken notice of is there's over 1,000 rpws guys. That's way more than what most species even gets to! You guys should feel honored and special that you are part in a species that made so many. It's given plenty of you a ton of characters.

And just because there's no more species doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Yeah, Plumerians closed down but people still post on the fan club showing off art or seeking relationships. If these guys do close down, maybe Raven could make them tradable for other rpws only to maybe help keep this place alive. These guys have had a really nice run and while I was not in it much, I had friends who were on staff and I got to hear a ton of nice things about these guys!

Anyways that's just my 2 cents. Have a good day. ^^

^w^;;

I hope my response to this doesn't come off rude at all,I don't mean to be,but

personally I'm not worried about it closing because I "won't be able to get anymore characters"
I'm sure some of us have that worry
I mean yes,I'm sad I won't get anymore but that's not the main issue in my book

I'm worried because for me,this species is the one of the few places I can make designs and people actually take interest in them,and I don't feel ashamed just because I made an adopt.And the fact that this is the one place I'm not scared to share an opinion or ask for help.This was the first place that I really felt like I was welcomed into and I sure have a whole lot of fun designing these guys,and I really don't want to lose one of the only places where I feel comfortable and welcome,becuase for me,I don't have a lot of places like that on CS.

I'm so sorry I made this whole post kinda about my person preferences to it,I just really can't think of how to word how other people would feel as a general,I didn't want to say something and it sound like I was assuming and upset anyone ^^

Also you do have a fair point,we do have quite a large sum of RPWs and I for one am super proud we got this far,and even if they do stop we can all at least be happy that we did such great things with the species,and the community doesn't have to stop just because no more adopts are made c:

either way,im working on my little batch of month inspired wolves after i finish a breeding,would anyone like to watch?
https://join.me/257-609-690
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarizedVertigo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:02 am

Code: Select all
Hey guys, my two cents..
Please, we all love the species, or else we wouldn't be sitting here, reading this. But can i just note? Its good not to have so much content and for it to go so so fast that we cant read, or even post and get replies? Not to mention the [i]species isnt freaking dying, school for most people has just started back up, calm yourselves.[/i] It was Uncalled for to even bring that up, and most of all alot of people i know in the species are still super interested in working with the wolves they [i][b]HAVE[/b][/i] and thats all i need. Alot of people talking all at once is super overwhelming, and can even get people skipped over?
I don't want to be rude, but, starting up the nervous panic was really [b]really uncalled for.[/b] You could have just exited, esp. if you're just keeping your wolves and stuff? just could have went "Hey guys, i'm getting a few more wolves and thats it for me" instead of actually shoving the entire species, and the owner, WHO IS SUPER STRESSED, under the bus.
Please realize these people do designs out of their [i] good will, and might i add for[b] free[/b]?[/i] And honestly, i'm super thankful for that? I dont like giant groups cause then it gets so chaotic.

Please lets just all enjoy what we have, maybe even take this chance to start developing wolves together so we don't have to worry about "oh i need more wolves, i need more, more more."
This species is my favorite group, and i wouldn't be where i am today without it, please for alot of us its the same?
Don't take it away cause you cant get enough wolves, enjoy the ones you have, and even start ships for more, its alot of fun.

On a better note!! I have all my wovles open for rps, and i want to doodle a bit, so pm me wolfers and i'll see if i can get some doodles for some of you??
the title of the pm has to be: RPW art doodles
feel free to do multiple wolves! And stuff for friends too!
PolarizedVertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 am

@Everyone
I agree with PolarizedVertigo, freaking out isn't going to help. what we need to do is help the species by showing are support and maybe try to help and support the artist. yes school and personally life can be stressful but if we help even in little ways like suggesting themes, helping them to remember things or suggest new color pallets it could help.. I mean if I had a art table and I practiced my drawing skills more I'd love to be a guest artist or something.
I mean it took me a long time to gain the confidence to not only join this fan club but also try out and win my first rpw. and yes the idea of this closing down dose scare me a lil cause i just got mates for 2 of my rpw's , I've participated in my first two events, 3 customs i still need done an items to add to my Rpw's and I'm hopping for my first nursery batch soon but I know stressing wont help anyone.
But yes i agree we need guest artist who will make more adopts for others and maybe some non-owner FcFS's to bring in new ppl to the community. So if a artist wants to leave that's fine and they will be missed but we all need to try and work to not only keep RPW's alive but bring them back.

On a litter note I'm thinking of putting my two boys Ink and Kain together as mates. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:58 am

Code: Select all
@Shadow.Flame - I adore your art, and am sad to see you go.  I hope to still see you 'round the fanclub.  Your breedings for me are stupendous, and are some of my favorite designs.  Thank you so much for everything you've done for me - I truly appreciate it.  I wish you good luck on your future endeavors.  :)

@GasW0lf - those pixels are amazing!  :D  Great work!

@☁Lady Raincloud☁ - your new wolves are gorgeous!  I love them all!  :D

@Snowseph - I love your new RPWs!  They're all so lovely.  ;)  (The art is hilarious, BTW.)

@PolarizedVertigo - love the new wolves.  (Look at those tails tho - they be stylin'.)

@wolf;; and .forever. - Woah. Seriously - congrats on all of those wolves!  Wow, there are so many...

@wolphee - aw, those RWBY-inspired RPWs are absolutely lovely!

@shooting star, - congrats on winning your first RPW!  Welcome to the community!  ;)  Good luck finding someone to help you with that custom of yours.

@everyone freaking out about RPWs "dying off" - C'mon, y'all.  Let's be mature about this.  Honestly, I don't want this species to die out, and I honestly don't see what all y'all are talkin' about.  To me, the species isn't dying out - it's just slowed down a bit due to time constraints.  Heck, I'm in college and am dealing with family stuff, so I have less time for stuff online myself!  I totally understand why the mods wouldn't have as much time to devote to being online - everyone's either in school, dealing with family stuff, or working...or all of the above.  [url=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f6/8f/3d/f68f3d2caf60ac7ca23c4e93bb2b7d39.gif]So seriously, calm the heck down.  #Zack and Cody reference #RIP me[/url]  So, honestly, what I'm trying to get at here is...I adore this species.  I've been involved with several other species here on CS that I've merely lost interest in or have died out - most of the time the latter is true.  RPWs has been a safe place for me to come to, so that I can design my own customs and pour my heart out into every adoption form I put up.  I adore my characters, my sweet little wolfies - and I will never stop feeling appreciative for all this community has done for me.  If this truly dies out and is not just a scare going around, as I believe this to be only a scare and not an actual "dying-out" phase, then I'll accept that and move on.  I'll cash in the customs I haven't yet and be on my merry way, all the wiser and better for having been involved in such a great community of uplifting individuals who have helped me in more ways than they will ever understand.  I've made friendships in this community when I didn't think anyone was there for me - I found companionship with users whom I never thought would really understand me.  And for that, I am grateful, and will always be grateful - I promise you that.  So, while I sincerely hope RPWs doesn't die out, if it does, then I will accept it and move onward, fleshing out the wolves I have now and enjoying them as much as I do now.
@Raven - I do beg of you - if you need help, I'm here.  I've been a part of this community since 2014, and I don't want to see it go down the tubes.  If you're struggling, I'm here to help as much as I can.  I am in school and have family constraints, but I am wiling to help out in any way you need me to.

Now, for my own news! :)

I have finally named my Howloween Secret Santa wolf, designed by Dinitrix! Meet Agatha - though she prefers to go by Aggie - who was named after the late Debbie Reynolds as Aggie Cromwell from "Halloweentown," a film series I adored as a child. When I first looked at her, she reminded me of the movies, but I really couldn't figure out what I wanted to name her. After some consideration, I think the name Aggie fits her very well, and also is a tribute to an actress I loved who will be deeply missed.

Next up we have my marble babe, Marvela! I collect marbles, so winning this cutie was great! I may be using a few of my items on her in the future; I don't know as of yet. But just look at those gorgeous eyes, OMW.

Now for my sweetheart Moshe! Moshe is my newest little sea-bab, and he's just the cutest thing EVER. Designed by rockpelt, this boy means so much to me...more than I can put into words. Thank you so much for the baby, rockpelt - he's perfect. Moshe was named for his affiliation with water and the similarity of his name to the Japanese term "mochi," a food often thought of as cute or adorable.

Lastly, I've got my Christmas 2016 Secret Santa wolf, Melody Natalia Toile! Thanks to snugglebunnyk for the gorgeous design! I'm thinking of having her go into something with fashion; still debating what I want to do with her as a character. She's absolutely beautiful - I adore her so much! :D She may end up having a relationship with Circus once he gets a bit older...more than likely they'll end up dating.
booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 pm

This is not what I wanted to wake up to.
And I had a driving test today. :') (i passed it's cool)

Anyway, whilst I know that this isn't a 100% 'RPWs are closing down' sort of thing, it really hurts? Like, I remember being hired as an artist in one of Bal's streams long ago, and then getting fired for 'abusing my power', and then getting rehired again, and I wouldn't change that for the world. But one of the reasons I stick around RPWs is for my job; I love designing, and I love breeding other people's RPWs along with my own. It's the only reason I'm on CS, really. I'm not going to get on my knees and beg for a dead species to stay open if it really is pointless, but not being able to create litters and adopts (even though I haven't created frequent adopts with Year 12 killing me) means that my time on CS is pointless. And to be honest, I'd rather have a species with a very inactive community and few adopts being put out than having the entire species shut down. I know my complaining probably isn't helping right now, and like people have said, panicking isn't good either, but I'm genuinely scared that I won't be able to do the things I enjoy anymore.

@Raven - I totally agree with people that GAs are a good idea, and an artist comp would be better. Also, as cruel as this sounds, kicking out anyone who isn't active so new artists can come in would make sense, as I know that there are multiple 'artists' who don't do anything. like me rip

I'd include something more on topic but I have nothing to share. :')
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Hey, friends! I just wanted to quickly post something in regards to the latest topic brought up.

There is no denying that there hasn't been a whole lot of RPWs being created. However, as some users mentioned, a lot of the staff have been dealing with schoolwork and issues in real life. I cannot speak for the entire staff, but I can say that I myself have been struggling a lot with school and dealing with a heck ton of anxiety lately. While I will not disclose any specific information, I can say that my buddy Nodell has been struggling lately as well. Raven has been super dedicated to her schoolwork and her family as well.

My point is: lay off. Just like what PolarizedVertigo said, this was extremely uncalled for. Raven is stressed out. I'm stressed out. The staff are panicking. Everyone is panicking, just based on the posts. Please, end this discussion here... for everyone's sake. A staff member will give an update within the next couple days or sooner.
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifekind » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:36 pm

I wasn't trying to insinuate that anyone was being lazy or not pulling their weight, and I certainly wasn't trying to imply that RPWs should shut down - all I said was that I feel as if I have grown out of RPWs and won't be in the community after the litters I'm waiting for have been made, I've found someone to make my last two customs and my last contest has ended. I really do feel like my words have been twisted to make it out like I said things that I didn't, because I wasn't at all trying to imply that people leave RPWs, that the species should shut down or that overall place. It's almost heartbreaking to hear how much people can twist your words to get their own agenda across.
      I, as with most people who've said their part, have agreed that we need more staff. Guest artists, artists, nursery artists - we could even consider going for specialty custom artists. Offering spots to people already in the community first could be really helpful, as we've got some pretty talented and/or active designers around that could really help out around here; Polarized Verigo and Booklover are two that come to mind. If there aren't enough active people there, just remember that CS has thousands of users! Out of thousands, I'm sure there is more than enough people wanting to be artists for a species. The community is becoming more and more inactive, so I think we could easily do a non-owner event like Plumerians did a while back, where only those with a certain amount of wolves can enter etc. If Raven really can't be juggling her daughter and IRL life and RPWs, I completely understand if she wants to go ahead and step down in her role as an owner or pass it along to someone else. Kalons did it and they're thriving - why can't we? I also think some more special adopts with special traits never before seen in RPWs so far could be really cool, or maybe a MYO RPW competition. There are so many ways we can make this work out and stop the issues at hand - I wouldn't be apart of the community while they went on, but I would 100% support the idea of saving a species that was very important for me in terms of designing and writing development, albeit from quite a bit further away,
      But sweeping it under the rug and just acting like the community members can't speak out about the issues you're ignoring is counterproductive and quite frankly stupid, if you ask me. If there is a problem and it takes a single loud person to make ten other people talking then yes, there is more of an issue than we thought, because it shows that more people than just me have been wanting to say something but felt out of place or scared. That's not community. That's fear. When the elitism in a place gets to the point where those lesser than staff or people with "high ranks" don't feel as if they can speak up about issues, you don't really have a community. The key part of the word "community" is the second - unity. When people feel segregated to that extent, there's no community. It's just a bunch of people pretending and going along with "what always happens". And I'm not going to be apart of that.
      And with that, I most likely won't be posting on the fanclub for a while. I've caused enough trouble to last quite a bit, have I not?
adult he/it bisexual
knifekind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nodell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Snow said to drop the issue. I"D It's been brought to the staff's attention, now it just needs to be dropped. There isn't really any reason to drag things out? It's not that people can't still talk about it, it just doesn't need to be in the fanclub anymore. If anyone has anything else to say related to this, feel free to message me and I'd be more than willing to hear you out and talk with other staff about what you had to say. And I'd like to stress the point that the admins do listen, there isn't need to worry about your voice not counting, it does. You just have to be willing to come to one of us first. ;o;

Other posts are still 100% fine on the fan club, but just drop the whole subject. It's getting a little spammy and burying on-topic posts.
Nodell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .forever. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 am

/very confused on everything that is happening tbh but i still love it here/
@booklover - congrats on the new rpws!!!

okay so i thought i should probably have announced that Dottie and Lapis are now mates! /offically/

and so are Dexter and Qaspiel but they already had two kids oops I'll probably post art of the fam later??
Last edited by .forever. on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
looking for bunny, deer, or butterfly wolf trades !!
.forever.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me