lock this thread

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Autistic Club ∞

Postby Dysautonomia » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:42 am

Thank you so much! Ahh yes, Steven Universe is one of my favorite fandoms ever. Such a wonderful show, it makes me so happy. <3
▐▌

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
♡.﹀﹀.♡

Brandi she/they
i make no apologies
for how i choose to
repair what you
....broke....

✊🏻✊🏼✊🏾✊🏿
#BlackLivesMatter

ੈ✩‧₊˚

dms open
⤻✔pings

my trade center
collections/adopts
auction thread
wishlist givers inc

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
Dysautonomia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basil! » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:13 pm

hi!! im realy happy that a thread like this exists! my name is basil and i was officially diagnosed this year. genshin impact is one of my main special interests and i tend to go on long rants about its lore LOL. my other main special interest is vocaloid (at least i think. ive been listening to vocaloid for uh... 5 years now???? wow LOL and i still litsen to many of the same songs and i listen to vocaloid every single day so i think it does qualify as a speical interest. *stares at my genshin impact pins the zhongli keychain i have right next to me the venti and zhongli plushies near me and the postcard i have and the genshin art prints the gfenshin wallpaper on my phone and ocmpuiter and my genshin mousepad and minifigures oh my*) i also like omori (maybe you can tell fgrom my name and pfp haha), anime, pokemon, and psychology!
そらのサカナ / sky fish is one of my favorite vocaloid songs !! im listening to it rn because ive been realy overwhelmed by some stuff happening. idk if it sjust me but ill listen to the same song on loop (usually while rocking back and forth which imdoing now too hbaha) when im overwhelmed and it helps me a lot. i find this song to be the perfect level of calming adn quiet but not boring. i want something that has a steady sound and a nice rhythm that i can follow. it shouldnt be too empty or quiet bc then its not filling my head ifthat makes sense but i also dont want it to be too loud when im trying to calm down. i think this song is perfect and i also really like the lyrics theyre wistful but peacefuk. i believe the creator of this song wrote this as what he imagined death felt like. he made this song when he was 14 or 15; he was extremely talented. his name is powapowap or shiinamota and he is my favorite vocaloid producer, he has a lot of songs that comfort me. most of them have a sad and wistful but kind of hopeful vibe. they do have some realy dark topics though so be careful if you are going to check it out. anyway here is the song, this one doesnt have anything triggering i think but it does kind of hint at death like i said:
https://youtu.be/t2i4DhGIpFA
im also learning japanese! been studying it for over three years now. im still not that good tho haha.
i also have adhd. im lucky to know a lot of neurodivergent people in real life. one of my friends has adhd and he is realy into sonic, he keeps telliong me the lore and its honestly interesting LOL. another friend is really good at music, his special interests are i think music and trains. my little brother is probably also autistic and hes really young. at the moment he loves cars and balls/balloons LOL.
anyway. as you can see i go on a lot of rants. its nice to meet you all !!!

x
x
───(あなたを愛している)

basil l they/he
hi! my name is basil! I like anime,
art, and science. I probably will
not be replying to pms at this time, sorry!

flight rising / my writing / wetlands

basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzzzy » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:29 am

@basil!
The way you describe the music you like sounds beautiful!

He/Him - Adult - Queer - Disabled - Autistic

<3 animals, games, toys, plushies, 90s/00s nostalgia, books, furry, arts/crafts, cartoons

PMs always open :]

Fizzzzy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SAW's_World » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Hello! I'm SAW. I'm usually more of a lurker, but everyone here seems super nice and accepting, so I figure I'd give actually interacting a try (awkward laugh). I have recently recognized that I am very likely autistic (my therapist agrees) and realizing how much it really does impact every aspect of my life. My special interests include dragons, art (I love to try any medium I can get my hands on), the Tomb Raider video games, among others. My main form of stimming is music and dancing to said music. I am currently trying to explore other more physical stimms as I have a lot of difficulties with anxiety when I am in situations in which my senses are overwhelmed and for whatever reason I can't listen to music at that time. Currently loving the puzzle ring that I got at a Ren Faire. It's low key, super aesthetic, and so much fun to solve and unsolve!

On another note, I have yet to be officially diagnosed as I am super hesitant with psychologists. If anyone is willing to share, I'd love to hear about your thoughts on the pros and cons of being officially diagnosed. I am an adult that currently works from home, so beyond the confirmation for myself, I'm not sure how helpful it would be?
Image SAW's World Image

I Love Dragons! | Commissions Open | Signature Credit
SAW's_World

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morphogeneticsorrow » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:15 am

Hello guys, I'm Theta and I was diagnosed with Autism in 2022, after a lifelong struggle of trying to get diagnosed. It's nice to be here and to meet you all

ImageImageImageImage
morphogeneticsorrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basil! » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:18 am

@CrowsKeep thank you!! speaking of music, here's a song that a producer I like (pinocchioP) released recently! (I don't think there are any content warnings applicable to it)
https://youtu.be/yiqEEL7ac6M
i really like the take they took on hatsune miku as this instrument/robot used in different songs. i love that its in an interview style and talks about what hatsune miku means to the producer. genuinely think this ones really cool if anyone wants to check it out!
@SAW hi! i was officially diagnosed recently after suspecting for a few years. for me, the main pros are access to support in school/college and jobs. I also find it a lot easier to explain to others why i do certain things now that i have my official diagnosis. people are going to be disrespectful and mean either way but i find having a name to my behavior makes people at least leave me alone. That being said, I don't disclose that I'm autistic to most people in my everyday life, because I can mask well enough for surface-level interactions. I mostly only say it when necessary (having a meltdown or something along the line) or to my friends and people I trust. i think getting an official diagnosis or not depends on what youre looking to get out of being diagnosed. I haven't experienced any downsides to it yet, but i'm still rather young so i haven't had a proper fulltime job. however, i think that medical records aren't disclosed to employers without your permission in the US (take this with a grain of salt though because im not totally sure). i do think the downsides to having a diagnosis are sometimes overemphasized. getting my diagnosis was a huge relief for me and there are definitely support networks and people out there that can help you if you decide to go through with it. i also havent experienced any kind of discrimination because of my diagnosis that i hadnt already faced for being "weird", "rude", "offputting" or whatever. getting a diagnosis can definitely be hard though. if you realy dont want it on your record, it might be possible for you to go through testing and then request your doctor to not put the result on your chart or something along those lines. good luck with whatever you decide!
on an unrelated note, what kind of music do you listen to? any favorite songs?

x
x
───(あなたを愛している)

basil l they/he
hi! my name is basil! I like anime,
art, and science. I probably will
not be replying to pms at this time, sorry!

flight rising / my writing / wetlands

basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Edge » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:23 am

Hey! This is SAW. Sorry for the name change. I was recently able to recover my old account, so the new one I made has been deactivated.

@basil! Thank you for sharing your experience! Yeah, I definitely think being able to officially tell people to explain some of my actions would be very useful. I know being able to acknowledge that to myself has helped a lot when I feel guilty for having a hard time.

On the music note, I listen to a lot of older rock music (Whitesnake, Van Halen, Dio, etc.), German rock (especially Eisbrecher and Megaherz), and 50s music. Lately, however, I have been obsessed with that Capybara song going around on social media. It hits that happy dance spot perfectly!

☾ Edge | She/Her | Obsessed with Dragons ☽
-----------------------------------------------
Wishlist | Trades
©
Edge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Autism Club ∞

Postby DizzyGlitchez » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:10 am

I've actually taken a look at this club a few times before, but I never bothered to make an intro. Might as well do it now!

I'm Dizzy! I was diagnosed with Asperger's as a toddler, but I only found out a few years ago when my mom told me. I'm aware Asperger's is a bit of a controversial term, so nowadays, I just call myself autistic.
I think the only special interest I really have at the moment is Warrior Cats, cause it's the only thing I've been super interested in for more than a couple months - I just call my other interests hyperfixations, because they come and go pretty quickly. Right now, I'm really hyperfixated on My Little Pony... as you can see by my avatar.
DizzyGlitchez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzzzy » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:15 pm

Welcome @DizzyGlitchez! I also love warriors, and a couple of Erin hunters other Series! I like that they are all set in the same universe. I have an Erin Hunter book collection 💖

He/Him - Adult - Queer - Disabled - Autistic

<3 animals, games, toys, plushies, 90s/00s nostalgia, books, furry, arts/crafts, cartoons

PMs always open :]

Fizzzzy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duckshuffler » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:01 am

haihai!!!! my name is rooks, aka the silliest creature that ever roamed the interwebs!!!
ive been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder for like 10 years at this point? i dont know i may be pretty off, my memory is fuzzy
i am an agender neogirl, and xeno/neogenders play a pretty large role in my overall identity!! im also otherkin, mainly fictkin
a few of my current interests are club penguin, splatoon (spin ever since the first game came out!!!), cats, old internet stuff, pokemon, and pizza tower! i love all my interests dearly
a few of my main stims involve me biting stuff, makin lil cat noises, and repeating phrases/noises i think sound funny -- one of the most common ones being a yippee :]]]
i kinda suck at the whole introduction thing but i still hope i can find some cool people here!!

Image rooks + noize Image she/they/it/he + neoprns Image

ImageImageImage

🎨 – official material
duckshuffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me