Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby mattrag » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:31 am

Mercy just feels a bit over-saturated as of right now. However, I can agree with most of the changes she's getting anyway; the rez not resetting is a good move in my opinion. I've seen a lot of Mercys ulting just so they can rez their team even when they're not in a team fight or anything.

I wholly agree with Katzuvo! She, by far, outweighs the other healers by way too much. Not saying that this is a problem, as she (should be) is focused on mostly healing and not doing much damage, but her kit is over-detailed and is kinda OP most of the time. Since Tracer is pretty much the squishiest hero in the game, I can't tell you how many times I've been targeted and murdered by an ulting Mercy. :,) As a short to mid-range dps, you'd think that I could take her out pretty quick, but 93% of the time I somehow end up dead.

Same goes for when I play D.Va; now that she can fire her fusion cannons while flying (which I love love loVE by the way) dealing damage to a Mercy, ulting or not, is pretty easy. But honestly?? D.Va has this eNORMOUS headshot hitbox in her mech, and if I'm at about 200-300 health in that thing, valk Mercy can pop me out of it pretty quick.

╔═════════════════════╗
✦ [matt] [he/him] [adult] ✦
mattrag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duhl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 am

Ya, when I play dva I usually target the mercy down hard :0
its quite easy. unless she has like pure protection. Then i just send my ult in the air when she
valks lmao

---

Anyways, good news and bad news!
Mercy's update isnt confirmed to be like it is on PTR
but,,, also her update isnt coming soon.
I agree that mercy needs to be nerf'd,
she stalls way to much. But also the nerf on
ptr is way too much. Hopefully the
Blizzard team fixes it to be fair :)
Theres alot of glitches on ptr right now.
Like genji can ult and start slashing even though his
animation isnt done.
duhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harbinger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:49 am

i'm really concerned about how lucio doesn't get a speed boost after disconnecting from walls anymore, on the ptr. blizzard won't answer people directly when they ask if it's intentional or just a bug. i really hope it's the latter... lucio is LITERALLY designed around mobility and with the nerf to his aura range a few months ago, it became more important than ever for him to be able to maneuver around maps efficiently and quickly. i thought all of his changes ended up balancing out really nicely; i think he's in a very good place right now and i don't think he needs any changes. chaining wall jumps to really pick up speed was hard to do on console, but also really satisfying to pull off and incredibly helpful when it comes to getting back to points, especially when it's approaching overtime... anyway. no need to get too sad until blizzard clarifies whether or not it's an intentional change, but i'm still worried about it. :"> i know mercy is the bigger deal here, but i'm a lucio main so i can't help it haha.

but yeah, i really hope they adjust mercy some more before putting any changes through. i feel like blizzard is making a lot of drastic changes back and forth; and imo it might be better to make small adjustments instead, to try to gradually work towards the hero they and the community want.

i've played quite a bit of d.va since her changes and honestly i don't mind them? people say she's not nearly as tanky anymore and while i agree to some extent, some people say they've seen more baby d.va than normal d.va, but i really haven't noticed any increase in my time out of the mech? maybe i play too cautiously with her.
x
harb ✦ they/them

howdy! i'm harb c:
i think you're cool

adult ✦ est ✦
harbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bromance » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 pm

rhythm wrote:
    i'm really concerned about how lucio doesn't get a speed boost after disconnecting from walls anymore, on the ptr. blizzard won't answer people directly when they ask if it's intentional or just a bug. i really hope it's the latter... lucio is LITERALLY designed around mobility and with the nerf to his aura range a few months ago, it became more important than ever for him to be able to maneuver around maps efficiently and quickly. i thought all of his changes ended up balancing out really nicely; i think he's in a very good place right now and i don't think he needs any changes. chaining wall jumps to really pick up speed was hard to do on console, but also really satisfying to pull off and incredibly helpful when it comes to getting back to points, especially when it's approaching overtime... anyway. no need to get too sad until blizzard clarifies whether or not it's an intentional change, but i'm still worried about it. :"> i know mercy is the bigger deal here, but i'm a lucio main so i can't help it haha.

but yeah, i really hope they adjust mercy some more before putting any changes through. i feel like blizzard is making a lot of drastic changes back and forth; and imo it might be better to make small adjustments instead, to try to gradually work towards the hero they and the community want.

i've played quite a bit of d.va since her changes and honestly i don't mind them? people say she's not nearly as tanky anymore and while i agree to some extent, some people say they've seen more baby d.va than normal d.va, but i really haven't noticed any increase in my time out of the mech? maybe i play too cautiously with her.

lucios is confirmed a bug and honestly if they nerf'd him u wouldnt catch me on ovw anymore lol bc all the charries are becoming overworked/ chars that dont need nerfs and are balanced / chars that are getting buffed, like mei shes balanced and they plan to buff her.
bromance

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:50 am

Ah no if they buff Mei I'm out lmao

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mattrag » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:17 am

Mei actually might need that buff, I used to play her a lot anddd

honestly even though she can zone phenomenally, her crowd control sucks pretty bad. It's actually pretty difficult to play the objective with her as well; I mean, she can stall pretty well, but she's inefficient when it comes down to helping out the team. Her kit doesn't really do its job too well and her abilities are too easy to counter.
╔═════════════════════╗
✦ [matt] [he/him] [adult] ✦
mattrag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:27 am

I have to disagree there. I've played Mei quite a bit and she can do fairly well in most scenerios. She also has the advantage of being ranged as well as close combat, what with her ice spikes. A well timed cryo / wall and you can escape any plausible danger.

Freezing opponents is already high in damage. She can completely unmech a Dva just by freezing and one good Headshot. I'm not sure where her buff would need to lie?

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harbinger » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:13 pm

thank goodness re:lucio bug

i’m not sure about mei either. for the most part i think she’s in an okay spot, but there are many many heroes who can relatively easily escape her ult. so the only buff i could maybe see her getting would be something like her ult freezing people a little faster or having a slightly larger radius? i’d favor the former, though, as the radius can already cover points nearly entirely as is. on the other hand, the same can be said for several other heroes. hanzo’s dragons on their own, for instance, can usually be easily sidestepped. so i don’t know. i’d be open to giving changes a chance, but i’m not really hoping for them.

i’ve finally gotten over feeling obligated to play healer in qp (mostly because i got tired of mystery heroes), so i’ve been playing a lot of sombra and mccree. i think i’m doing really well with them! my accuracy with mccree keeps getting better and i’m starting to chain headshots more often, and i got a potg with sombra :D and in two other games i enabled someone else to get potg with emp lol—one orisa play and one d.va bomb, both of which were triple kills.
x
harb ✦ they/them

howdy! i'm harb c:
i think you're cool

adult ✦ est ✦
harbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups