~ Furry Nation v2 (A Furry Club) - (Closed)~New Thread Open!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Should we Bring Back Topic of The Day? (TOTD)

Yes
98%
No
2%
Other Suggestion (PM Me)
No votes

Total votes : 46

Re: ~ Furry Nation v2 (A Furry Club) - Always Accepting!

Postby windows98 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 am

How do you feel about multiple fursonas? Have you ever had multiple fursonas at one time? Do any take precedence over any other? Does the idea of having multiple fursonas make you uncomfortable, if so, why? Do you think this practice has to do with indecisiveness or does it have more to do with not being able to express one's self with only one character?

I have kind of what you could call a second fursona, although he isn't really a true fursona. I consider him my (My fursona's) brother. He is kind of my "dark side" in a way. The reason he and my true fursona Aishling aren't the same entity is because he isn't really me. I made him as sort of a way to express my dark, cruel, morbid side as a kind of way to seperate myself from that. My dark side isn't actually who I am but more so who I could be without proper self control. I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain...
I don't really mind people who have multiple fursonas that much but then again they are rather rare. It really depends on the person whether its of indecisiveness or inability to express yourself with just a single fursona but I think the latter is more common.

ImageImageImage
windows98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rant » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:11 am

Aishling_chan wrote:I have kind of what you could call a second fursona, although he isn't really a true fursona. I consider him my (My fursona's) brother. He is kind of my "dark side" in a way. The reason he and my true fursona Aishling aren't the same entity is because he isn't really me. I made him as sort of a way to express my dark, cruel, morbid side as a kind of way to seperate myself from that. My dark side isn't actually who I am but more so who I could be without proper self control. I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain...

I found this very very interesting. I'm sort of a literature junkie, and I'm really into Shakespeare at the moment. One of the things he does with his characters that's very noticeable in all of his plays is use them to create a sense of duality. A foil character is a character created to bring out traits in a protagonist or another character. For instance, in my least favorite play (ever), Romeo and Juliet, you have Tybalt, who is severe, serious and rather uptight, and in contrast you have Mercutio who makes jokes, plays in fountains and even says, as he is dying mind you "you shall find me a grave man." This of course is just classic character work at it's best, in my humble opinion.
In a more contemporary novel, called The Stand, by Stephen King, you have who is considered the main character by a ton of people, Stu Redman. It's thought that most of the other characters do nothing but reflect Stu's inner turmoil. I wouldn't get into that, because there's literally a slew of characters in the novel, but yeah. You can look up more on foil characters if you want, I'd hate to bore you with an essay on the practice.
Perhaps this sibling of your fursona is something like a foil character?

________

Tutorials
Toony fursuit making tutorials - http://www.matrices.net
Step by step photos of fursuits - http://fursuit.tanidareal.com/
Clockwork Creature’s resin casting tutorial - http://qarrezel.deviantart.com/gallery/7080403
Nicodemus’ Fursuit Pages - http://www.nicodemus.org/fursuit/
Last edited by Rant on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby e.mbr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:37 am

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: ~EmberKitti~
Preferred Name: EK or Ember
Fursona: EK or Ember [The dotted lines aren't her design they are just deviding]
How long Have you Been in the Fandom: About a year or so
Your Favorite thing About it?: Costumes and you can be yourself w/o judgement
Other: Nada
e.mbr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 am

~EmberKitti~ wrote:I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: ~EmberKitti~
Preferred Name: EK or Ember
Fursona: EK or Ember [The dotted lines aren't her design they are just deviding]
How long Have you Been in the Fandom: About a year or so
Your Favorite thing About it?: Costumes and you can be yourself w/o judgement
Other: Nada

Welcome to the Club Ember! It's a Pleasure to see you.
Also thank you Rant, just checking the links out then I'll be uploading it. :'3
Pet Spotlight

Click to start a Trade with Me

[ My Fursona || Furry Nation v.4 ]
★☆ I am a holibomber! ☆★

- - - - -

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

signature coded by me || all graphics © respected artists
Sanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptiveLegacy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:10 am

How do you feel about multiple fursonas? Have you ever had multiple fursonas at one time? Do any take precedence over any other? Does the idea of having multiple fursonas make you uncomfortable, if so, why? Do you think this practice has to do with indecisiveness or does it have more to do with not being able to express one's self with only one character?

I'm fine with multiple fursona's, as long as its not over 2-3. Some people may need to have multiple fursona's to explain themselves. Right now, I have two fursona's. Before, I kinda did, but it was more of a trial fursona to see if I would switch, which only lasts for a few weeks to test it out then I decided to stick with my fursona Gator. My main fursona, Gator, is more like me. Though Jaula, secondary fursona, represents that part of me that just can't get fit into Gator. I've tried before, I just can't combine the two. I think it depends, on either be indecisiveness or can't be expressed fully by one fursona. Some people just can't decide on fursona's, so they go with both. Others, just can't seem to fit themselves into one fursona, so they go with two. Like me, I just can't fit my personality in with Gator, so it is shared by Jaula. Recently, I have changed as a person, yet still fit Gator who in turn fits me. Though I am different. Its hard to explain, though ive been having changes in my life, and also changes in my personality. So then I made Jaula, who then fixed that missing part.
--------------------------

hello! i'm currently in graduate school so sometimes
I get swarmed with work and cannot access cs as
much as I can! feel free to drop a pm if you want
to chat or have any questions, and if I haven't
responded please don't mind sending
me a reminder ✉ !!

myo's : open!
kalon site

--------------------------
signature art by _silentsiren_
CaptiveLegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiesen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am

I was a memember last time so xD

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: Smoke-the-Wolf
Preferred Name: Smoke
Fursona: Smoke
How long Have you Been in the Fandom: I actually was a furry before i knew about it when my mom mentioned them i went to search them because i knew she had to be wrong about it all being sexual themes.
Your Favorite thing About it?: All the great people here <3
Other: Thank you !

If you support/make AI art, I will block you on sight. Thanks.
Smoke - She/They - Adult - Taken
Art by Fewtish on DA
Kiesen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grimgrinning_ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 am

Today's Topic of the Day: How do you feel about multiple fursonas? Have you ever had multiple fursonas at one time? Do any take precedence over any other? Does the idea of having multiple fursonas make you uncomfortable, if so, why? Do you think this practice has to do with indecisiveness or does it have more to do with not being able to express one's self with only one character?

I had 2 sonas for the longest time, simply because I have a cheerful and girly side that I mainly show, and then a darker, more morbid side that I don't display often, and I couldn't seem to find a sona that showcased both well until my last one, Tazza, who was mostly grey and white with neon leopard spots. That's when I stopped using my demon dog character Sheytan as a fursona.
I think multiple fursonas can be good, especially for people who tend to have different personalities at times and can't seem to accurately portray them all in one character, but I think more than 2 or occasionally 3 is too much. Characters yes, but not all for fursonas.
Image Image

grimgrinning_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rant » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Topic of the Day: It's easy to ask people about their fursona because it's something that's both extensive and interesting. Today I want to know about how you feel about your fursona's personality. Is it an exact parallel to your own? Or is it reworked and changed a little bit? Do you not have enough introspection to portray yourself, so you've changed it a bit because of that?

Video of the Day: EZ wolf music video shot during Eurofurence 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aDBjgx76A#!

Song of the Day: Niion-Toy Piano remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3UJ71RxdEk
Rant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby e.mbr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:22 am

Rant wrote:Topic of the Day: It's easy to ask people about their fursona because it's something that's both extensive and interesting. Today I want to know about how you feel about your fursona's personality. Is it an exact parallel to your own? Or is it reworked and changed a little bit? Do you not have enough introspection to portray yourself, so you've changed it a bit because of that?

Video of the Day: EZ wolf music video shot during Eurofurence 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aDBjgx76A#!

Song of the Day: Niion-Toy Piano remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3UJ71RxdEk

My fursona's personality is the "true Me" version of myself in which i AM my self and NOT the mask I put on at home and school
e.mbr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grimgrinning_ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 am

Rant wrote:Topic of the Day: It's easy to ask people about their fursona because it's something that's both extensive and interesting. Today I want to know about how you feel about your fursona's personality. Is it an exact parallel to your own? Or is it reworked and changed a little bit? Do you not have enough introspection to portray yourself, so you've changed it a bit because of that?

I kept my fursona's personality similar. She's just as hyper and loud, but she's not as self-concious as I am. She's not as afraid to take risks, either.
Image Image

grimgrinning_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me