Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat May 05, 2018 11:03 am

@Mikuru Senpai congrats on the new character! I love the roses on their sweater
@moonlight_girl oh my goodness, all that art is stunning! Good luck with the new species!
@Lyonix oh wow! That character is stunning! I'd want to give them either a name that has something to do with moths or with air
@geotalon lovely kintaurs! The pterodactyl one is rly unique
@creeps; nice art! Creepsly's design is super neat too, with the forest and bat markings
@Kat that guy is nuts! His design is crazy and I've never seen something quite like that
@Castiel those baphomets are terrifyingly cool, they look like something strait out of a Greek myth
@

Oof, I got bitten by an art bug and have just been churning out a silly amount of art
Some teenies of my Rise cats
ImageImageImageImage
Smol Lily and smol Shyshie
ImageImage
And speaking of Shyshie, I also drew her an her mother a couple of times
ImageImage
A neat header for my Brr warren
And last but hardly the least, new characters
Well sorta, Coora is a brand new character from the Gaurdians of Ga'Hoole ARPG lines+desingn by LovetheHolly
She's a young orphaned barn owl who's just arrived at the Great Tree
But this character isn't exactly new. It's the Ocean Princess, but I decided I wanted her to be a selkie and therefore have an alternate form.
By me and I'm actually super proud of how it turned out.

If you have guardians what are they for you? What qualifies a character as a guardian in your head worlds?
Well Ribothain is the gaurdian of the kelp forests of the northern oceans. He's big and doesn't talk. And Ossi Pri, while she really isn't, it's part of her mythos that she guides the souls of people who died/drowned in foreign oceans home so they can say goodbye one last time. So I guess gaurdians in my world care for or watch over a certain land or area. They're also immortal, wise, and generally can't interfere in the plans of "mortals" unless under specific circumstances.
If you had to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?
I....I seriously don't think I could do that. A lot of my characters are books characters and I'm really deeply emotionally attached to them. Even if I sold them I wouldn't be able to let them go

If you could bring one of your characters to life who would it be and why?
I feel like I've answered this before, but it'd either be Shyshie or Lionel. Shyshie because she loves to read and we could read books together for hours on end. Lionel because he's a good listener and gives good advice and I could use someone who listened to me.
Do you have any particular artists you want to get art from? If so who is it and who would you want them to draw?
Oooh, Sanivisu, HeiRei, SunlitSecrets, Sixbane,
I'd particularly like Sanivisu to draw Ossi and/or Shyshie
what got you into characters ?
Well, being on Cs really got me into it, but for a long time I've been into writing, which obviously involves characters
who was your first character ?
Mmm, Nickia, she was a self-insertion into a certain fandom
do you have a fursona / mascot ? why or why not
No, I've just never been comfortable with making one character resemble me too much. An old character, Galaxy star, was an attempt at that but it never worked out.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mikuru Senpai » Sun May 06, 2018 11:34 pm

@creepy; - Congrats on the new art!! I also like your new character!
    @Kat - Congrats on the new character! I'm not a big fan of red colorschemes but this one looks pretty cool! Also goof luck selling!
    @tuna fish - Good luck selling your charas and getting commissions!
    @Castiel - Okay like the characters you've got - besides the canine - are not my cup of tea but they look SO COOL! Like honestly! Congrats! Ouh and I also love the colorscheme of the canine one! And also congrats on the art! Your angel is so cute!
    @GreenRose - They look amazing! Good luck selling!
    @tennisbutt - Good luck selling your characters! They look so cute!
    @Takumi - Good luck getting some art!!
    @TheSongOfTheStars - Aaah your art looks so cute!!! And I really like your owl!
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    If the Ads rule is altered should the requirement to post on others be altered? If so how would you have it altered?
    (I hope I understood this question right wgwjgajdsds ;v;)
    So in my opinion, ads should still be posted here, I don't think we need a new thread or something. But it also should be requiered to answer to at least 3 people at least. Actually it's pretty unfriendly to just post your ads and leave. We are a community. We should talk to each other and about our characters/etc. Without any conversation and ideas we could also close this thread and just make another one just for ads and that's it. Not talking, no answers, just ads. What's the point of this? Like I'm sure people are more likely to look ad your ads if you actually try to keep a conversation or answer some question instead of just leaving your ad and that's it. So people should post answers or we just could make up a new thread and close this one seriously. Guys. Participate.
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    Okay enough of this rant stuff! <3
    I've got new art <33
    I've got this adorable piece of Juliette <3
    by kimisu-with-candy

And this really adorable icon of Zeke hnnng <3
    by Jellie-Tea

Aaand this cute piece of Gendo!!
    by candymintandcoffee

And now a bunch of art I've got from Puddlez!
    In order: Cedric; Amadeus; Dillan; Juliette; Alani; Evening
Last edited by Mikuru Senpai on Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Give up trying to
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

________-____
___Deviantart__________Twitch
_______
___Anime | Paranormal | League

________-____
___

make me give up."
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

Mikuru Senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger-bytes » Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 am

If you have guardians what are they for you? What qualifies a character as a guardian in your head worlds?
Guardians in my world are designed to protect the world of Darcia itself from any foreign entities that may potentially harm the well-being of the characters living on the world or the world as a whole. In addition to protecting they also upkeep the world and make sure that everything is in order. Guardians are chosen by the gods for showing true potential to serve a greater purpose (I know that's vague oops). Not everyone qualifies as a guardian, obviously but guardians are typically characters that have stuck out to the gods during their moral lives.

@moonlight_girl- I love Sillythewolf art ;o; She has such a beautiful and clean style and I just love it aah ;v; Also that banner is beautiful! You did such an awesome job!
@Lyonix- Can I just say I love your icon?? SO beautiful! Also that character is so cool! I love it's colors ;v;
@Solanum- You own a character named Icarus too?? I wonder how they would get along with my Icarus x3 Also awesome sona! That sadbloo art is beyond beautiful!
@geotalon- Beautiful Kins as always!
@tennisbutt-That fumi is beautiful!

Got some new characters! ;v;
ImageImage
The margay is by Sadbloom on DA and the neon critter is by GOD-LIKES-ME on DA!

Fun fact: I actually owned Wire (The right one) before, but sold him. So I'm very happy to have him back ;v;

I also got this gorgeous piece of art of my baby Icarus! (Pardon the watermark)
By Redwolf4844 on DA

On the topic of Guardians I have a question for you all!
Code: Select all
[b]For those with a character world: Do you have angels? What role/purpose do they serve for your worlds?[/b]
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Mon May 07, 2018 8:16 pm

I mean, I both do and don't have a character world, so I don't quite know how I'm going to answer this but I'll see whether this makes any sense in my brain or not haha. I want to create a character world... it would be easier...

For those with a character world: Do you have angels? What role/purpose do they serve for your worlds?
I currently have two angel characters, technically speaking anyway for one of them. I don't know if they really do have a purpose... I mean, they have one that they believe but whether it's true or not, who knows. They are powerful beings, and therefore believe that they're there to watch over the less powerful beings that exist, but they could just be super entitled so?
Miles definitely believes he's a protector and tries to do his job? The other, less so... But he is fallen so... Fair enough right?

@Maya - Love the new art! It has such a nice airy feel to it, framed by the wings like that~
Also haha idk how they'd get on, my Icarus can be a little bit of a handfull, but I think it'd be fine c:
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within
You’ll never know what hit you

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 pm

wowie! i haven’t posted on here in awhile, but this weekend i’ve been busy in the character department! i’ve gotten three new ones!!

first up is this guy:
    design/ref by aliensphynx on da
    i think i want to turn him into a great dane, but i’m not sure ovo.
    in the same trade, i also got ryan! i’m not sure what to do with him tbh, i’m a little bit on the fence about him :/

and finally, this guy! i’ve been eying him for awhile, and the previous owner was finally willing to sell him c:
    by corginator

i have a little backstory him in mind for him, but i’m excited to own this dude!!

i’ve also gotten a fair amount of art recently, which is great
    by Cuddlewuffle on cs
    I got these of multiple character color ins, but i’ll only show one :p

by Alexdream12 on da

and this piece of a beagle pup dude that i’ve had for awhile but haven’t given a lot of love (:c) by Blysse

@maya congrats on the new characters! the margay (?) is really pretty!
    @mikuru wow, all that art you got is gorgeous! esp those ones by puddlez
    @tennisbutt good luck selling your characters! there are some pretty kids in there owo
    [b2@castiel[/b] whoa, those new characters you got are rad!
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am

Hey guys, Its been a while since I've posted here. Some of you might remember me as Stonefly?
But I recently got back into my character collecting and what not so I thought why not get back into posting and talking with other Character collectors/creators and what not.

I have nothing new to post about since I have nothing new to share.

@HP Fan - I really all three of your new characters, although the first one I might have to drool over a bit lol. I could totally see him being a great Dane
@MayaDaBanana - oh my goodness, that art piece is amazing! such a beautiful character as well c: Also that neon boy is to die for.
@Tennisbutt - Well then, Lorenzo has stolen my heart. I really wish I could afford him :c Hopefully he finds himself a good home!
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stoatkiss » Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 am

(replies first so I don't forget them!)
@ HP Fan: I love that wind up toy lion! I'm really loving all the unique lion characters I've been seeing lately, and he sure is one of them! The icon by Blysse is also just to die for!
@ Mikuru Senpai: That art of Juliette is so precious! I absolutely love the colouring, and the slightly hazy effect ties the whole piece together! Cedric is ... just an absolute dream, as well
@ TheSongOfTheStars: Those tiny Rise icons are so cute! I especially love the expression in the butterfly one <33 And I love owl characters, so I have to love Coora of course! congrats on her!

I really want to get more involved in the CAAA's CS thread; as such I'm mainly active on Discord (oops). I didn't even realize there was a new thread made, so that tells you how often I check it ........

At any rate, I'd love to show off a new character! I designed her over the weekend, and I'm really pleased with how she came out: Meet Nora!
Click for a larger size!

I'm really starting to love characters with two forms or colourways (changing colour based on time of day, season, mood etc) and I couldn't resist designing my own! The biggest struggle was making the palettes look similar enough without making them look like filtered versions of each other. I hope you all love her as much as I do!
Rhea/Max
it/they/she/he
adult

formerly Ejecta

TH
xxxxx

stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaerou » Tue May 08, 2018 12:44 pm

I'm so happy!! I finally got the piece of Lee from an artist I really, really love. He looks so good in their style and I'm freaking out, haha. The original image has been resized to not take up the whole thread. Please excuse the watermark.
      By dotpapercrowndot on DA

And now, new characters! I've been getting a lot of new babes lately and I really love them all but it'd be really difficult to show all of them since the majority aren't developed and I'm currently undergoing their process, so I won't be showing too many yet. But I wanted to show Deo + Basil!
      By sindriian on Instagram

I drew a small sketch of Basil (on the right) for fun a few days ago. I need to draw one of Deo now...
      Linking because of size

@tuna fish - I wish I had some extra points leftover! I would love to commission you, your style is super cute!
      @Castiel - What cool characters! The baphomets are super neat!! Also, Abriel is so cute and he looks so innocent, I want to hug him, haha.. <3
      @GreenRose - Pretty adopts! I've always loved mermaid adopts and these ladies are quite the beauty.
      @tennisbutt - Good luck selling! I wish I had enough points/USD to offer on Dune. He's adorable.
      @TheSongOfTheStars - All of that artwork that you drew is very impressive! I wish that I had that amount of motivation to get me to draw. I literally haven't drawn in 3 months RIP... also! I really like Coora! You don't see a lot of owl characters and she's quite the cutie!
      @Mikuru Senpai - All of that art makes me so happy and smiley *u* I love that piece of Juliette especially, she looks so small and precious!
      @MayaDaBanana - dANG, I love that design by God-Likes-Me, their designs and concepts are so so cool! Congrats on that critter and the sadbloom design, they're both super cool! Also that piece of Icarus is beautiful! And he's a beautiful boy too :)
      @HP Fan - What a cutie! He's so cute ;o; I'd love to see him as a Great Dane, that'd be super cool. Also that broken wind up toy lion is adorable! I think the concept is super clever too and he's adorable.
      @shrillkrill - Cute character! I love seeing others design their characters, it always makes my heart melt for some reason. Nora's super cute and the design is really nice! ^^
kaerou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DEADPlNE » Tue May 08, 2018 3:57 pm

unfortunately, I'm narrowing my characters by a tremendous amount due to time and money needs. if you could help in any form, please do. CLICK

( Fragileshedinja ) got this kid a while back to be friends with my other goo

@cheeschi - thats some hq art ! nice !

I no longer play chickensmoothie as actively as before,
so messages will be slow.

I'm willing to trade my pets for art and /
or characters, in large offers. Just send me a mess-
age. I'm more than willing to clear them out.
DEADPlNE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 pm

@cheeschi Ah the arts lovely qvq/ congrats on it; And i love the colors on the second kid too
@shrillkrill Woncerful work~the design is lovely, I havent been toooo into canines lately but the colors are super interesting (and i do love borzois)
@Red Hood Ah yeah I remember seeing you around under the old name! Welcome back~ it'll be nice to see you around again
@ HP Fan Congrats on the new kids! I love the lil wind up toy aesthetic on the lion
@ MayaDaBanana Congrats on the new charas! I love the purples against those lil blue flowers on the kitto character, the arts super lovely too- I especially love the expresion + colorwork on that sky
@ Mikuru Senpai The one of juliette is precious! I love how they approached the eyes/hair, I love that first chara drawn by Puddlez too- simple, but very unique and stands out well
@pinebones thE NEW KID is so neon i like it haha, though idk if its a species/im not familiar with it if it is

For those with a character world: Do you have angels? What role/purpose do they serve for your worlds?
Ohyes, I love angels/angel characters. Im too lazy to type out the details- but I can copy+paste what I've already got!

Much of the world is inhabited by spirits, these are- souls with 'life' and sentience. There are many kinds of spirits. Everything living has a spirit- but not every spirit is living. An individual has a spirit within them, while living- and once they pass away their spirit is freed from their mortal bodies. However- not all spirits are the souls of the dead. They are creatures easily created by deities of the world to act as servants as well. "Spirit" is simply a term for any 'conscious' soul.

There is a huge spectrum of spirits, but Angels lean towards the 'good' extreme, while demons are at the 'bad' extreme Spirits may or may not have a physical form, even 'dead' spirits can take physical form-they just might not be able to keep it for an extended period of time. Some spirits (Such as angels and demons) are only able to keep physical form when in their realm (the celestial plane/ the void) and can't easily effect mortals/living creatures. Neither an angel or demon can be truly 'alive'. they may be forced into a mortal form- but this is rare and most often a mistake somehow. They can manifest temporary physical forms, though. Even if a 'mortal' worships the goddess or Marchosias- they cannot be a demon or angel as they still have a true physical form. However- their habits in life can lead them to being an angel or demon in the afterlife depending on which god they swear their loyalty to.

Angels within my character world are not the same as they are in our world. Within my world, an "Angel" is simply a name for a spirit who chooses to serve the goddess and her circle of 'pure' deities. Any spirit can choose to become an angel, and serve the goddess. They are not 'flawless', they are individuals and some may be more loyal and more devoted than others. The most 'good' angels tend to be the ones directly created by Serafina herself. The actions of someone on earth do not necessarily determine if they are an angel or not once they die- but they can choose, after death, to become one. Angels are 'human' in sin- they can make mistakes and can choose to turn their back on their goddess at any time. Angels are given their thick,feathery bird-like wings, as a blessing by their goddess to show their alignment (Wings, that match hers). The head of the 'angels' are Archangels.

If you had to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?
I'd never do that but definitely i'd keep Myra because she's my child

what got you into characters ?
Ummm nothing really, when I was younger I wanted to be a writer so i'd write characters...eventually I just ended up wandering youtube and finding the characters people were drawing and kinda explored it here and there; I wouldn't say it was any one particular thing,i've always liked drawing and writing

who was your first character ?
Her name was Kokari, she was a shapeshifter, I don't remember much now but I haven't thought of her in years

Myra was chosen for featured character on the art fight discord today- which means she got abouttt 40 new art pieces? I obviously won't show them all but I wanted to show my favorite! I quite love the pose+coloring
She's well on her way to 500 pieces (448, right now)
By Silverponteo
While i'm at it, I did draw this one of her and Ronny
For me and my gf's 1 year anniversary; It was also Myras 400th art piece (that was only like a week and a half ago so she's spiked right up there LOL)
By me

I haven't done toooo much art lately (just...so busy) but i drew this one of my kal Being
By me

I also got this one of Kaekiko that I enjoy- he's suchagood noodle
By sonion

And i've gotten a few new charas as of late
By Rofeal

By chickolates

ANd lasst ive been trying to do teenies for all my charas for the development challenge, ive been backed up but have made some progress
By me
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me