~ Furry Nation v2 (A Furry Club) - (Closed)~New Thread Open!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Should we Bring Back Topic of The Day? (TOTD)

Yes
98%
No
2%
Other Suggestion (PM Me)
No votes

Total votes : 46

Re: ~ Furry Nation v2 (A Furry Club) - Always Accepting!

Postby Sanity » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 am

On changing Fursonas:
    - - -
    I'm not going to lie I've changed my fursona many times in the past. I've only been using Aiyanna for
    about maybe 2 weeks now? I changed my fursona because I wanted a better reflection of myself.
    My other sona's have been males - I identify as more on the male side yes, but I do not look it.
    I choose her because I felt she would represent me more as a person. I made her to.
    I do not hate my ex fursonas such as Cailin, Ashkii, Milton, Raven, Sanity, Zoon, Saba and many
    more I can't remember the names of. I only own Milton now (and my sona now Aiyanna) I gave them to
    people who have since kept and used them more so then I would now.

Quad vs. Anthro:
    - - -
    Like you I am more of an Anthro person but as of yet other then my form and my Mate's form of my
    fursona as Anthro I do not have anthro pictures of her yet. Why would I choose both? Because the
    art is fascinating for both of them and it gives you a wider range of artists to choose from.

Animal Species:
    - - -
    I have since a VERY young age admired Deer/Caribou/Elk/Reindeer (and so forth) and this is
    why I choose a Deer as part of her species. I'm also since the time I was 11 admired Foxes
    They are beautiful in every way like the Deer (Cervines). I added Dragon in her to give her
    more of a reason to bare Antlers at all time as well as to give her more Originality.
    But if you asked my Mate she would tell you I have a addiction to things having to do with
    Foxes Deer/Caribou/Elk/Reindeer.

Naming Your Sona/Giving it a Back Story:
    - - -
    Interesting enough my fursona right now is named after my Great Grandmother. It's a Native
    American name meaning "Ever-Blooming" my Great Grandmother wasn't the best I'll admit
    but I have been told I have a Blooming Personality, and basing my fursona off of myself
    (I'm also Native American mostly) I decided upon Aiyanna being best fitted for her.
    I was also told by my Grandmother that my Great Grandmother loved me until she passed away,
    I was very Young but my Great Grandma adored me supposedly (I do not remember this - I was about 3
    when she had a Heart Attack and Died but she lived 97 Years).

Upon the topic of Background/History I have one for Aiyanna's Feral/Quad Form do to the fact
    that I have been roleplaying to better grasp and develop her personality more while still basing it off
    of myself. It's hard to do, and you really have to force yourself to find what bad things they do.

Sparkle Dogs and Originality:
    - - -
    I wouldn't consider my fursona a "SparkleDog" as she does not have crazy amounts of blues and greens,
    purples and pinks and so forth, but I consider her Original and more so do to the colours used Natural.
    I have in the past had purple and green fursonas such as Sanity, Raven, Saba, and Zoon but about
    two of them where actually over-sparkled/done.
Pet Spotlight

Click to start a Trade with Me

[ My Fursona || Furry Nation v.4 ]
★☆ I am a holibomber! ☆★

- - - - -

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

signature coded by me || all graphics © respected artists
Sanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyTrigger » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 am

Changing Fursonas:

I have never changed my fursona. I don't believe I need to. I've based it on what felt natural to me.

Quad vs Anthro:

I really only like my fursona drawn in feral form, but I do enjoy looking at both quad and anthro forms as well.

Animal Species:

The reason I chose a snow leopard is because I've always been very closely affiliated with felines of all sorts and especially big cats. It feels natural to associate myself with a snow leopard, but I don't feel as naturally affiliated with house cats or other species of big cats as I do snow leopard.

Naming your Fursona/Giving your fursona a backstory:

I named my fursona just to not give out my real name on the internet. My fursona has the same history as me and everything like that.

Sparkledogs and Originality:

I didn't go give my fursona anything that I didn't have on myself at some point. I have had red tips and bangs, My ears are pierced twice, and I wear glasses. There isn't anything that I would change. The reason the colors are inverted on my fursona is because it's something that I've always been called. Inverted or 'black sheep'...

I'm not sure what you mean by a Sparkledog so I can't answer that question...

The only thing I used to design my fursona is things about me.
SaltyTrigger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptiveLegacy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 am

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username:
carrie911
Preferred Name:
Carrie
Fursona: Gator & Jaula
How long Have you Been in the Fandom:
Hmmm, probably 1-2 years c:
Your Favorite thing About it?:
I love fursona's and connecting with animals <3
Other:
Nope c:
--------------------------

hello! i'm currently in graduate school so sometimes
I get swarmed with work and cannot access cs as
much as I can! feel free to drop a pm if you want
to chat or have any questions, and if I haven't
responded please don't mind sending
me a reminder ✉ !!

myo's : open!
kalon site

signature art by _silentsiren_
CaptiveLegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanity » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 am

carrie911 wrote:
- - - - - -
Username:
carrie911
Preferred Name:
Carrie
Fursona: Gator & Jaula
How long Have you Been in the Fandom:
Hmmm, probably 1-2 years c:
Your Favorite thing About it?:
I love fursona's and connecting with animals <3
Other:
Nope c:

It's a Pleasure to see you Here Carrie!
Pet Spotlight

★☆ I am a holibomber! ☆★

- - - - -

Image Image Image Image

Sanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptiveLegacy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 am

Glad to be apart of the group!! c:

------------------------------------

On changing Fursonas:

It depends. I don't mind people changing fursona's and testing them out every few months or so. But, when someone is changing their fursona every week for a long time, then it starts to bother me. I do understand though that sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out the right fursona, but I don't think you need to do it 20+ times. Just take your time and think about if you want to change your fursona, think on the design and species long and hard before making a decision. It took me a good half a year to finally decide on a design I liked for a new fursona, since my old one did not fit me anymore with the changes that happened to my life. Now Gator has been my main fursona for a good year now. I have only ever changed fursona's once, the reason being is because of what had happened to my life during that time. It really did change me and how I viewed the word, which then made my last fursona not fit me as well.
I have had 2 other secondary fursonas/trail fursona's, but they are now just characters since they did not meet what I needed. Jaula is now a full on secondary fursona. I know some don't like the idea of two fursona's, I know I didn't particular care for it at first, but it has grown on me.

Quad vs. Anthro:

I really don't mind. Quad or Anthro, its your choice. I have nothing against either. For me, I prefer quad, though I do have Gator drawn as a centaur, since I like the shift in forms.

Animal Species:

Horses. My favorite animal of all time, I just can't get enough of them. I've had horses be apart of my life forever, so that's why I picked the horse. I also like alligators, so that's where the alligator tooth necklace came from, and why I gave her the name Gator. The antlers were added since I like deer, and I like small mutations. The roan color is my favorite color of horse coats, so that was added in as well.
For Jaula, he is a species created by me full. He is from a different realm too. Though, he mostly resembles a fox, bird, and horse all together. I like random mixes and unique species. He may not look to different then a normal winged wolf, but its his history and species bio that makes him really stand out.

Naming Your Sona/Giving it a Back Story:

It was simple. I just thought of a name and came up with Gator. Stuck with it ever since, and never looked back on it.

Gator doesn't have a story, since I never made one. I might someday when I stop being lazy.

Now Jaula, he is going to have a book made for him, written by me. Probably over 60,000+ words. I already have the book cover made as well.

Sparkle Dogs and Originality:

I really don't mind sparkle dogs, as long as they aren't overly blinding. And for originality, I think both of my fursona's are original. I think every fursona has something original about them.

hello! i'm currently in graduate school so sometimes
I get swarmed with work and cannot access cs as
much as I can! feel free to drop a pm if you want
to chat or have any questions, and if I haven't
responded please don't mind sending
me a reminder ✉ !!

myo's : open!
kalon site

signature art by _silentsiren_
CaptiveLegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rant » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 pm

RELEVANT FURRY THREADS ON CS
Fursuit thread which is a furry hangout but mostly serves for fursuit discussion: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=354953
The Fursona Guide v2 has quite a bit about fursonas and discussion of the aforementioned: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=102941

________

Today's Topic of the Day: How do you feel about multiple fursonas? Have you ever had multiple fursonas at one time? Do any take precedence over any other? Does the idea of having multiple fursonas make you uncomfortable, if so, why? Do you think this practice has to do with indecisiveness or does it have more to do with not being able to express one's self with only one character?

Video of the Day: Drummer fox plays the drums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xb_bcGDj5k

Song of the day:
Renard-Trauma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QX8wwnQ3nY
Rant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grimgrinning_ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:23 am

- - - - - -
Username: shakkuri
Preferred Name: Shakkuri, Tazza, Kiire, Hiccup, or any other nickname or variation you can think of c:
Fursona: Below, I don't have her picture on dA yet
How long Have you Been in the Fandom: I've been really in it for about a year
Your Favorite thing About it?: Everyone is so open to other furries and it seems like everyone I meet who even likes furries is just as hyper and random as I am!
Other: Kiire:
Kiire.png
Kiire.png (40.41 KiB) Viewed 20 times
Image Image

grimgrinning_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wazaiyata » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 am

shakkuri wrote:I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: shakkuri
Preferred Name: Shakkuri, Tazza, Kiire, Hiccup, or any other nickname or variation you can think of c:
Fursona: Below, I don't have her picture on dA yet
How long Have you Been in the Fandom: I've been really in it for about a year
Your Favorite thing About it?: Everyone is so open to other furries and it seems like everyone I meet who even likes furries is just as hyper and random as I am!
Other: Kiire:
Kiire.png

Welcome 'Kuri! (is that nick name okay? x3)
You have a wonderful fursona<3
We all greet you with open arms and hope you'll have a lovely time here! care to join our discussion of the day? ^w^ Rant posted it above you
Wazaiyata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyTrigger » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:06 am

How do you feel about multiple fursonas? Have you ever had multiple fursonas at one time? Do any take precedence over any other? Does the idea of having multiple fursonas make you uncomfortable, if so, why? Do you think this practice has to do with indecisiveness or does it have more to do with not being able to express one's self with only one character?

I'm not a big fan of people having multiple fursonas at a time. I've never had more than one,ever. It doesn't make me uncomfortable to see people with multiple fursonas other than the fact that I don't know how they can associate themselves with two different beings at the same time. So It doesn't make me uncomfortable... rather it confuses me. I think this practice can come from either being indecisive OR from not being able to identify with only one being. I'm just not sure on whether or not it's a good thing to have several characters that are all little pieces of you instead of one character that completely describes all of you.
SaltyTrigger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:22 am

- - - - -
While me and some of my Local Fur friends where talking during a Join.Me session hosted
by one of them, we thought of funny things or fursonas would do, mine being holding
up a sign saying she wanted to be a Popufur. So of course I took the idea and made it
real, I really like how this turned out and have decided to turn it into a T-Shirt
when I have the chance to. I did this somewhere between 11pm and 1am last night.
Pet Spotlight

★☆ I am a holibomber! ☆★

- - - - -

Image Image Image Image

Sanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist