Furry Nation v.4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Furry Nation v.4

Postby ĸιттιe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:58 am

goodness, this seems pretty dead haha. I would love to make some fur friends on here! <3 if any of you guys are active, maybe we can revive the thread? I know there's a pretty active fursuit thread, but I don't really think it's meant for just regular conversations...?
ĸιттιe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby misfitroo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: misfitroo
Preferred Name: spencer
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Otie!
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: since 2012
Furaffinity?: misfitroo
Toyhou.se?: misfitroo
Favorite Color?: purple
Favorite Animal?: otter
spencer/enby/neurodivergent

Pet's name: Mocha
misfitroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitsuwn » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:53 am

- - - - - -
Username:
Juuzou

Preferred Name:
Juuzou or Aurora

Fursona:
Aurora

How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?:
I've pretty much been a furry my whole life, but I found out that there was a community of people doing the same things at 10 or 11.

Furaffinity?:
xAuroraFox
(Not incredibly active there.)

Toyhou.se?:
Juuzou

Favorite Color?:
Pastel pink!

Favorite Animal?:
All kinds of foxes. ^^

Other:
Thank you! c: Maybe someone here could be friends with me or something? ^^
kitsuwn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby briny » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:50 am

Juuzou wrote:
Thank you! c: Maybe someone here could be friends with me or something? ^^

I'm always down to make a friend!^^
briny or Shadows | it/that/none | 24yo | neurodivergent
briny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Soft Sand wrote:
    Hello! I'm relatively new to the fandom, so I can't fully fill out the form since my fursona and FA and such are still a WIP. I hope it's okay to post here regardless; let me know if I need to do anything else.

I just wanted to pop in and ask: to any fellow trans/nonbinary furries, do you feel that your gender identity is part of why you're a furry? I think that's the case for me, and I've been told it's common but haven't actually met someone who feels the same.

Of course there's other reasons for me as well (simply loving animals~) but I feel like having a fursona and a suit in particular could also help relieve my dysphoria. After all:
    - character I can customize however I want - pride flag colors anyone?
    - suit hides face (even for a mini partial) and body shape (well, that would work best with a 3/4 or full, but maybe someday..)
    - being anonymous (at least relatively) helps me be more confident with regards to stating my pronouns
    - anthro animals don't need to have any inherently "gendered" traits, so hopefully strangers would treat me more neutrally when in costume
    - furry community overall is much more diverse and accepting than the general population, so I don't have to be afraid if/when I go to a furmeet or convention, not to mention online communities like this thread!

So... anyone else?

Hello!
I can say personally, my involvement in the Furry fandom has nothing at all with me being trans. The closest thing I could relate to that is.. my fursona is a cis-male. Suiting has never helped my own dysphoria personally, and since I am someone who likes to be able to talk while suiting, most people automatically know that I’m afab just by my voice. Sometimes I find that it actually makes it worse because it makes me hate my voice more than I do on most days.
But! I’ve never heard that that’s a common thing, so perhaps that’s why I don’t relate to the experience. It’s nice to know that it can help a lot of people, especially since, of course, it’s such a crippling thing.
Welcome to the community
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitsuwn » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Soft Sand wrote:
    Hello! I'm relatively new to the fandom, so I can't fully fill out the form since my fursona and FA and such are still a WIP. I hope it's okay to post here regardless; let me know if I need to do anything else.

I just wanted to pop in and ask: to any fellow trans/nonbinary furries, do you feel that your gender identity is part of why you're a furry? I think that's the case for me, and I've been told it's common but haven't actually met someone who feels the same.

Of course there's other reasons for me as well (simply loving animals~) but I feel like having a fursona and a suit in particular could also help relieve my dysphoria. After all:
    - suit hides face (even for a mini partial) and body shape (well, that would work best with a 3/4 or full, but maybe someday..)
    - being anonymous (at least relatively) helps me be more confident with regards to stating my pronouns
    - anthro animals don't need to have any inherently "gendered" traits, so hopefully strangers would treat me more neutrally when in costume
    - furry community overall is much more diverse and accepting than the general population, so I don't have to be afraid if/when I go to a furmeet or convention, not to mention online communities like this thread!

So... anyone else?

I'm not trans, but I am pretty self conscious about my appearance. I also have crippling social anxiety, always worrying what people are thinking about me. I don't have a fursuit (yet), but I can imagine feeling more confident in one because no one can see what you really look like. You pretty much have complete control of your appearance when commissioning a suit, and if you want your suit to be more androgynous, you can get something like that! I hope this was helpful somehow... ^^
kitsuwn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -------------- » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:15 am

- - - - - -
Username: BayoDino
Preferred Name: Bayo
Fursona(s)/Main Character: BayoDino
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: since 2017. I thought I'm only who likes to be an animal.
Furaffinity?: I do not have it.
Toyhou.se?: https://toyhou.se/BayoDino
Favorite Color?: Every cold colors ^^
Favorite Animal?: Griifins and birds mostly.
Other:
--------------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:12 am

Soft Sand wrote:

So... anyone else?

I'm agender, and while I know bring trans didn't cause me to be a furry (I've been a furry for longer than I knew my gender) it certainly helped me figure out my gender via genders of fursona I relate to most! Also definitely the face-covered costume thing :)
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unicornsmoothie05 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:00 am

- - - - - -
Username: Unicornsmoothie05
Preferred Name:Unicorn or Blue
Fursona(s)/Main Character:Blue the Timberwolf
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: About a year and a half now.
Furaffinity?:Im not sure what this is
Toyhou.se?:Or this.. XD^
Favorite Color?: Purple
Favorite Animal?: Wolf
Other: I'm kinda still new to this game and this is the first club I'm joining so I'm sorry if I seem confused.. lol
Hewwo!
I hope you're having an amazing day! :D

Unicornsmoothie05

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby murdock+ » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:06 am

- - - - - -
Username: murdock+
Preferred Name: murdock or blaire
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Julith
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: not long since 2016. didn't exactly find out about it i just like animals.
Furaffinity?: none
Toyhou.se?: rottfield
Favorite Color?: yellow
Favorite Animal?: pika
Other: I just got my fursona recently.
FURVILLA: A VIRTUAL PET SITE
Register today by clicking on the link!
murdock+

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery