Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Character Awa

Postby OrangeSocks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 am

Wow, it's been a while since I posted!

Two short ads!
-I have commisions open on DA here
-I'm looking to trade a few characters that I can't connect with

Okay! Here we go.

New Characters <3
Miriam, design and art by Hetiru on DA

Paloma, art and design by XenoBaby on DA

Molly, art and design by Cerulean Wake

Glory, my demon hunter :3 Art and design by AIienDays on DA

New art

With some help from the CAAA discord, I finally figured out Laurissa's
personality and backstory and drew some art of her! (by me)

I drew my kalon Ellery!

This adorable RPG icon by JUNlP3R on DA

Oh! A friend and I also made a little challenge for each other! We each wrote a description of a character we owned and exchanged them. We then had to draw what we thought the character looked like based on the description. It was really fun seeing how we each interpreted things!

(Left) Here's my character that I wrote a description of (a humanized version of my Kalon Ellery) (Art by me)

And here's how she imagined him based on my description! (She's not online so I can't credit her)

I highly suggest doing this wih a friend, it is really fun!
Also, if anyone would want to do something like this with me, I would totally be up for it!!

Replies
@leo valdez. -- I love the new art! The first one is so sweet, I love the chest floof <3
@Silver Pandorica -- Good luck selling/trading/etc those two!
The one on the left's design is really pretty, and so much detail in the hair!
@Solloby -- Snowflake is adorable! Her design is simple yet very effective.
@QueenNyra -- God, I adore your art, it's so pretty?? And that piece by cuteSatan, just WOW
@pinebones -- Good luck with the icons, they are so cute!

Orange - She/Her - kalons
    ------------------------------
    Nervous bean doing her best.
    Happy to chat! Lover of D&D,
    Star Trek, drawing, & cats!
OrangeSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dear starboy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

Username: stickFlicks
Most recently obtained character: n/a
Favorite character that you own: my kitty girl Ink (in my icon) <:
How many characters do you own?: aside from Ink....? ,,,,like one voodoo queen ghost design + her many identical henchmen//SHOT
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": nah, it takes me a while to get attached - but I do wish to change this!!
membership form
Sebastian - he/him - taken
dear starboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:12 pm

stickFlicks wrote:Username: stickFlicks
Most recently obtained character: n/a
Favorite character that you own: my kitty girl Ink (in my icon) <:
How many characters do you own?: aside from Ink....? ,,,,like one voodoo queen ghost design + her many identical henchmen//SHOT
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": nah, it takes me a while to get attached - but I do wish to change this!!
membership form

Accepted. Welcome to the club!
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:21 pm

@Solloby Oh my word! I love the glowy dragons! They're so pretty! And the bunnies are so cute, I want to cuddle them. They almost look like floppy beanie babies
@TurboCatZ I love the sabertooth tiger (?), the blue glow works really well with the white/gray of their design, I'll bet they're a ton of fun to draw!
@GIGABITE All of those characters are beautiful, but I like Matilda the best, her soft design and the flower crown make her just look like a really pretty character
@kyum- my,my that's a lot of characters! I particularly like the third one down, the girl with the amber eyes, she's absolutely gorgeous, and that last art piece is fantastic!
@SleepWalked (the blue theme also works pretty well with your username) I. LOVE. THAT DRAGON! I adore blue, glowy pieces and that one takes the cake! That island girl is a cutie too! Love her little "ears"
@alliurre Wowie that's a lot of art! I love the little page dolls and the blinky headshots!
@Chimericect Congrats on Briarleap and Wolfkit! They're such pretty designs!
@pinebones You got the coyote! (I tried to offer on him, but didn't have anything that interested the seller) Congrats, I know they've got a good home
@QueenNyra WOW your art is stinking gorgeous!
@leo valdez. N'aww, all your characters are so sweet!
@OrangeSocks Love the deer girl and the rabbit. And your challenge idea sounds very interesting, maybe I'll do it someday, if I ever make friends.
@stickFlicks Welcome!

I'm super excited to have won a cat and applied a concept that I've been wanting to use for a long time!
This is Hollowmoon, a sort of loner warrior who lives in Songlcan territory and sometimes works with Songclan.
By Placebo, Rise owned by Dia
And this is Thunder, a buddy for Hawthorne, he's a little fluff ball.
Lines+design by Lieutenant Sparks
Drew them a couple of times and found it really relaxing actually
And yeah, I think that's it as far as characters go for me. ^-^, hope everyone's doing good.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:27 pm

unfortunately i haven't gotten many characters lately </3 i'm hoping to get back into steadily getting characters soon.

@stickFlicks - welcome! <3
@orangesocks - oh holy heck !! your new characters are downright gorgeous,, the first character has me in heart eyes ,, so pretty! congrats on them!
@leo valdez - all the new art is so cute and sweet, i love it <3 what great artists and characters!
@solloby - congrats on the new characters! their colors are so lush! you have such an amazing taste for colors and palettes, and always have lovely characters!

i just got this darling in a contest, his name is morrisey and he's lovely <3

i'm extremely proud of the backstory i've created for him, and if you're interested you can read it here!

aside from him, i also got this sweet little kalon baby

(right one)

and i can't wait to get his growth done and develop him more!

lastly, i got this weirdo who i can't help but love,,

i haven't figured out a name yet, but i'm sure i'll figure it out soon! <3
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dear starboy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:38 pm

so I've decided to try a lil something in order to either a.) get more characters or b.) start building up funds in order to get more characters

I'm an animation student, see. I make small animations with semi-detailed stick figures - basically, extremely simplified drawings of the characters with some definitive traits (hair, tail, wings, etc.) Recently I've been working on fight scene animations, but seeing as I only have one official character so far, I'm having a little trouble making the scene go anywhere.

SO! For a once-in-a-lifetime chance, I'm offering up ONE commission/trade/etc slot for a fight scene animation! It's kind of like an OTA? In the sense that I have no "autobuy" price on this, lmao. You can offer pets/C$*, characters/custom designs**, art, and other things for the slot. I'll choose by around 9:30 PM PST - so about two hours from now. DM me your offers, either on here or on Discord (I'm " stickFlicks#5318 "). I have an animation example on Discord, so feel free to ask about that ^-^

*After you explain to me the rarities/values bc I have no idea about any of this lmao
**Humanoid only, please!

IF I AM TO CHOOSE YOUR OFFER: I'm going to need refs of the characters you want in the fight scene (max three), and from there I will begin the process. I will simplify their designs down into my style, send you the refs for the simplified designs, and once you give the OK, I'm gonna need a script of what you want to happen in the animation. Preferably, there shouldn't be A LOT of dialogue, but I'm going to need at the very least an idea of what you want to happen. (You're free to give me free range if you can't think of anything!)
I will be adding background music to the fight, so if there's audio you want me to use in specific, feel free to send it over!
Sebastian - he/him - taken
dear starboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SleepWalked » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Hey !! It's me again C;
    First of all, I still got some characters for sale here, and this guy for $10, and this Ellemarine SB $5!

Also got art!
    By: Aphot-c on CS

Aaaanddd,, here's my second Ellemarine guest adopt!
    this one is a free raffle! I hope you guys would be down to join!

@sixx. AA I'm not rlly a big fan of Viscets,, but That Dude IS SUCHa BBEby
    @TheSongOfTheStars BunNiesssss AAA,,,
    OrangeSocks Miriam is SuchA BBy !!
    @leo valdez Trepe makes me happy ;w;; I'm happy ;;
▶Discord & Toyhouse: @Caphanelle || Newbie Giveaways || Art Shop
SleepWalked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:56 am

@SleepWalked Ah the arts lovely qvq/ I love the colors+features on that first character there, the halo's super neat especially
@stickFlicks Good luck with the animation offers~ I have nothing to offer/no time for art or designs on top of what im already doing but I hope you get lots of great offers/something to interest you~
@sixx. Congrats on the new viscet! I love his accessories ahh, im expecting an ru of my own rather soon; also OH NO THAT KALON i designed them SO LOng ago theyre so old -single tear- im glad he's still being loved though lol
@TheSongOfTheStars Congrats hollowmoon! they've got a lovely design qvq/ I especially like the face markings
@OrangeSocks Congrats on all the new kids, I love the colors on that first one! ouch on trying to redraw them LOL but theyre lovely anyway, I love molly too- she's super cute qvq/

OK LONG POST SORRY IN ADVANCE

I got lots of new characters from doing art trades and just in general;and abunch of stuff to ramble about.

1. Songrem stuff!
My species songrems is having a spring festival soon! Feel free to mark if you're interested. Will have loads of games and designs to adopt!
Theres also an easy freebie adopt up

2.New characters
I have bunch of new charas to show off- though im gonna try to just show my favorites/ones im more sure on what i'm doing with them qvq/ I'm working on a total revamp of my Toyhouse to try and get something for everyones pages and make sure everyones moved to my page format since some were left behind (Cause I kept going in alphabetical order- then forgetting who was and wasn't done and going back and forth and really... basically getting nowhere) so i moved ALL my characters to a wip folder and im slowly moving them out, which is working well as a motivator for me cause i've gotten 65 done in the past 2-3 days or so
(Some totally written from scratch or rewritten, some just re-formatted so not all are new pages)
BUT ANYWAY progress

I got this boy, Morgan, who I'm happy to own, as he's actually the brother of another character of mine, Araquiel
(his previous owner and I developed them together) so I was happy to give him a home, he fits right in with my characters and is certainly a joy to write for.
Morgan is a demon looked down upon by his kind for feeling sympathy and adoration towards humankind. He goes against his demon brethren, helping humankind and even defending them from their malicious intents. He is rather cold and distant towards others, preferring to remain secretive in his intents and goals around others. He can be temperamental when provoked- or someone he cares for is placed in dangerous situations, a remnant of his demon blood that he loathes greatly and the largest flaw he finds in himself. His change in heart from the demon general he used to be seems to be tied to the death of his sister, a former demon who was killed in battle, before being reincarnated by the gods and brought to a higher purpose, reborn as the being of memory.

By Chikyruu

I also bought this pretty (albieght legless) boy as well! this is Logan
A rather eccentric fashion model, Logan is the definition of 'full of himself'. He's incredibly vain, generally selfish, and bold. To the point he's downright lovable because he's so exaggerate and unbelievable. As long as you don't take him too seriously- he'll always prove to be entertaining company at least. He lost his leg in a photoshoot accident- and he tries his best to cover up this impairment as it has become his central insecurity.

By reiitan

This guy, who I'm actually using as a revamp/redux of a new character (since his old design was bleehh, i designed it like 9+ years ago), This is Ancil
Ancil is the son of Marchosias and (presumably) his mate Ezses, and his only true descendant. Despite his father being heralded as the dark god and father to demons- Ancil is a benevolent god who's pursuits lie in the mind and seeking knowledge and understanding of the world around him. His father and the goddess Serafina have an eternal quarrel, but Ancil looks up to the creator goddess and finds her and her creations marvelous. He is quite prim and proper, and likes things by the book (what book? Who knows, just along the lines of reason and etiquette). He can speak most man-made languages, and is quite fond of culture such as plays, art, and music. Being very focused in history, wordplay, and reason, he can become extremely flustered when presented with high emotion or conflict situations. He'd much rather share in a discussion than any sort of fight or distress. He doesn't cope well under pressure and can become easily anxious when put on the spot in any situation.

By aquazircon

I also got this boy, Angus
(he is still a wip! Stuff on his page is from previous owner and may-or-may-not change
By monsterite

And this kid! Who has no name yet (i'd be fully open for suggestions)
By enigmaticinsomniac

And last I'll show for now- these two pretty tiger-kitties, I haven't decided on names for them yet but I want to develop them together
By cinnabutt
By Sheppi.

I have a bunch of other characters but not enough space lol so i'll save them for later.

3. Art
I've doodled some of my new characters as well!
I drew this one of Logan
byme
This one of another character I got- Ahlai (may change name) since he didn't have a proper ref
by me
I drew this one of Mistral

And got some art in art trades too, id show more but limited space
This one of the still tbh kid that solloby made for me
By rxsepunk

and lastly- cant have a post without Myra & Ronny of course- though this time I didn't draw them, my girlfriend did
By mrboodle

4. Questions

do any of your characters have jobs? what do they do for a living?
A lot of my characters have jobs! so long as they're in a setting in which they'd need jobs of course. Obviously demons and gods and such don't lol but others do. Mistral is a military scout, Julian is a tailor, Jaime is a reporter, Laryth is a mechanic and so forth, I can go on and on

do you have any "villain" characters? characters that go beyond being a mildly antagonistic into full on villain territory? how do they make life difficult for everyone else?
I do! Since I developed my own character world based around a pantheon of gods- there are 'evil' gods who manipulate the veritable armies of darkness- Primarily led by the main villain/antagonist, Asmodeus- who is viewed as the most powerful and evil of the gods. Other antagonists include his children- all of which are viewed as evil as well, Ashera,Diamanda, Grissom, Sephiran, and Virion.
Marchosias is also viewed as an evil god, though he is actually benevolent and generally means well.
They pose- obviously the largest evil threat in my character world; though there are also more minor or 'human' evil characters too- most often influenced by the will of the evil gods in some way.

do you have any characters based on tropes or that closely follow tropes, or directly parody a specific trope?
Hummm not really, at least-not intentionally. I kinda just write them and if they fit into a trope then -shrug-

do you have any "joke" characters? if so, how did they come into fruition?
UHHH I doooo, though i wouldn't say any are really active/being used at all right now.

do you have any fan characters that later turned into their own original thing? what were they originally based on? how different or similar are they now?
Oh definitely, Serafina is the main one. She was originally (10+ years ago) a pokemon trainer fancharacter! since they she's had a total story redux/been removed from that universe and has become the creator goddess of my world of characters (Since she was the original character to get me interested/inspired to make one at all). She's changed a lot appearance-wise, and her personality has become more complex and mature as I got better at writing characters, but for the most part she's the same. (Same hair+eye color, same general personality, same family,ect)

Do you have an achieved dream? How did you obtain it, how long did it take you to obtain it and what do you love about it? Show us the design too of course!
Yes I have a few! Ba'al, Jo, and Robin were all characters I adored from a distance -I never thought i'd have a chance at any of them so when I did I was pleasantly surprised and jumped on the opportunity ! i'm more than happy to call them mine

Have you ever gotten art from a dream artist before? Show us the art work!
Ah yeah-I don't really have any artists i'd consider 'dream' artists- but I have lots of art from one artist I really adore (Cause i hassle them whenever their commissions are open LOL)
x x x x x
all by chitchatcafe/kwindom

ANnnd ill contribute some questions too!

Code: Select all
[b]Do you have any characters with sentimental value to you? How are they important to you? Are they tied to a good memory, or do they just relate to you in some deep way?[/b]
[b]Do you have any characters who are parents? How does becoming a parent change them? Do they stay mostly the same?[/b]
[b]Do you have any characters who are shapeshifters of any sort? Is it a magical trait-natural to their kind, or a curse of sorts?[/b]
[b]Do you have any characters who serve as the 'protagonist' of your world or story? If you had to choose one (or a few) who would be the 'main character'?[/b]
[b]And how about that character's main antagonist? Are they 'evil', or just an enemy to the protagonist?[/b]
[b]Do you have any art you've received that really 'clicks' with a character? Encapsulates them so perfectly you love the character more because of it?[/b]
Last edited by Sixbane on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AbandonedRain » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 am

(removed the message that was here, as per most request however I can't find a way to actual delete the post, just edit it.)
Last edited by AbandonedRain on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
AbandonedRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:43 am

Do you have any characters with sentimental value to you? How are they important to you? Are they tied to a good memory, or do they just relate to you in some deep way?
So i have a fair list of sentimental characters and I love this question Six. Very deep.
ImageLuna Tuski - As my fursona its a no duh shes sentimental. She is my first sona though she has changed forms a bit and just makes me happy because she is me in a weird round about way of sonas.
ImageImperial - She represents what was a very tough time in my life for me and the fact I'm still here and kicking.
ImageAphrodite - And Aphrodite is what came after that tough time.
ImageFable - And this babe here makes me feel my pride in my old insect collection and the wonder of just sitting down and watching the tiny bits of nature.
Art by ancarie-bluewolf for all the above.
ImageThlaynlé - This guy is particularly special right now as he is roughly based on a knicknack my grandma gave me before she died. There is no way ill ever let this guy go. He is a nature spirit because one of the best things about going to grandmas was walking her land and looking for mushrooms and the land was always very important to her.
Thlaynle art by me.

Do you have any characters who are shapeshifters of any sort? Is it a magical trait-natural to their kind, or a curse of sorts?
All of my birdfolk are shapeshifters as its part of their species. It is a magical trait natural to their kind.
Luna Tsuki Can shift between dragon and kitsuneko (kitsune+nekomata hybrid). This is also a magical natural trait.
Rumple I need to work on him and yes he was originally based on Rumple from Ever After? Which I have watched some of but I still plan to write him his own story where he stole from the wrong witch and was cursed to become a crocodilian monster.

Do you have any characters who serve as the 'protagonist' of your world or story? If you had to choose one (or a few) who would be the 'main character'?
Everyone!

And how about that character's main antagonist? Are they 'evil', or just an enemy to the protagonist?
Zaroff He is sorta an antagonist. I'm not sure I would call him evil. He is more neutral or if we want to use the RIFTs alignment system hes probably between Anarchist and Miscreant. Ultimately he is power hungry and greedy. He isnt one to hurt you for the sake of doing so but if hurting you gets him what he wants then oh well.

Do you have any art you've received that really 'clicks' with a character? Encapsulates them so perfectly you love the character more because of it?
Ive been thinking man I need to get Essence some art, shes one of the few characters I own that I designed. And im browsing TH and I happen upon one of the very few, possibly only other, mothbirdfolk and I message them saying hey we are both mothfolk owners and what not and they mention drawing art of the two together. I didnt actually expect it to happen but it did lol.
By wanderways of TH
And OMG I LOVE IT. It really makes me want to develop Essence and so far all i got is that shes nocturnal lol. But thats one bit more then I had.

@Six I seriously love that tiger she is so cute and we know cats are the bomb. I also adore the fact you own an Amphiptere! Your winged serpent. You don't see those around.
@SleepWalked I love halos on characters, its just awesome and your canine has a really cool designed one.
@stickFlicks I don't really know you but you are quite social and I would like to welcome you to the character community.
I would post more but I think i have guests now so toodles.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me