❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Plant ❀ Lovers

Postby frostykitty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:36 am

wenom wrote:
    @frostykitty
      I'm afraid I know nothing about snake plants, but I'll try help if I can. How often do you water it? Where is it planted? What are the light levels it receives throughout the day? What type of soil is it in? Does it have enough drainage?

Well, it's beside a window and gets as much light almost as if it were outside, I havent recently wwatered it but my mom has every week, it used to go like a year without water and it was okay though :lol: . It seemed like once I watered it more it started to dry out, but the other one was fine. I'm going to have to ask about the soil, but it is a pot with the holes on the bottom with a tray underneath, so good drainage i'd say.
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandoned-account123 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 am

@wenom
Thanks!
back to liquidate for flight rising.
abandoned-account123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 pm

frostykitty wrote:
wenom wrote:
    @frostykitty
      I'm afraid I know nothing about snake plants, but I'll try help if I can. How often do you water it? Where is it planted? What are the light levels it receives throughout the day? What type of soil is it in? Does it have enough drainage?

Well, it's beside a window and gets as much light almost as if it were outside, I havent recently wwatered it but my mom has every week, it used to go like a year without water and it was okay though :lol: . It seemed like once I watered it more it started to dry out, but the other one was fine. I'm going to have to ask about the soil, but it is a pot with the holes on the bottom with a tray underneath, so good drainage i'd say.

Hm. That is a strange one, eh? Perhaps there is soil in the middle which is still wet? And maybe the roots are a little waterlogged? Other than that I can't really think of anything because it sounds like you've been treating it right to me. Maybe someone else has some input?
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hapalopus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:17 am

Plants are the best, and I'm so happy to see that there is a club for it omg!

Username: Hostile Popcorn
Nickname: None yet :P
Favourite plants: Dog-rose, rugosa rose, burnet rose (I'm a sucker for wild roses). Also sundew and bladderworts :3

Sadly, the only plants I own are a cactus of unknown species, some kind of aloe, and three kalanchoes (two yellow, one pink). They're beautiful and I love them a lot, but I would just really love to have more!

One of the main reasons I came to this club, though, is to seek help. I went to the US for ten days and told my mom to take care of my plants while I was gone. She just put them outside to let nature take care of it for her. The cactus was happy with it, and one of the kalanchoes seemed kinda neutral. The aloe plant and the second kalanchoe became a bit waterlogged, and the alow got too much sun, but I managed to get them back on track, and they're healthy again now.
The last kalanchoe, though, is close to death now, it seems. When I went on holiday it was doing fine (though not great), but when I came back home, every single leaf except one had withered, and all of the stems were so rotten that I had to cut them off. It's alive now, but it's a very sad sight. Do you know of any way to help it get healthy again?

| INFP-T | 4w5 | phlegmatic |
| yak dæmon | asatru | pan lesbian |
| ben 10 fictionkind | bison therian | gnollkind |
| genderfluid | xenogender | he/she |

photo taken by me
hapalopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:12 am

@ Popcorn - Welcome! I don't know about how to help, there's a problem I have with my Snake Plant right now if you didn't see by the context. Sundews are pretty :D
(Also the chicken what breeeed? -your sig- )
@ Wenom - do you think it could possibly be age? It's 12-20 years old, I mean so yeah... Wordbarf
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hapalopus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

@Frostykitty
I don't know much about snake plants. Have you tried looking at caresheets? [link]. I've never really thought about my chickens' breed, but they appear to be a red star cross of some sort. So technically not a true breed, but a mix of other breeds to maximize egg laying :)

photo taken by me
hapalopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:16 pm

@Hostile Popcorn
      Welcome! My recommendation would be to let it dry out again - if it got too much water - and then get it some water with some fertilizer or food to help to get enough energy to grow back it's leaves and start afresh. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do after a certain point but I wish you the best of luck!
    @frostykitty
      I'm not sure if you've tried it get but perhaps try get some fertilizer/food into it's roots - I know it sounds like generic advice, but it might work and it's worth a try - also definitely read through the care sheet that Hostile Popcorn linked to because they're very useful.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hapalopus » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:52 am

@wenom
Thank you. I've moved it to a spot with more sunlight and haven't watered it even though it's watering day :)

Am I the only one who feels like plants have different personalities? One of my klanchoes drinks like a camel while the other hasn't been watered in two weeks! I've switched their places around to see if it has anything to do with that (one is, like, two feet closer to the window), but so far, there's been no change.
Last edited by hapalopus on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

photo taken by me
hapalopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:02 am

@Hostile Popcorn; I am totally with you! My morning glories are like camels and seem to be "shy" . They really only open random flower blossoms when they feel like it xD . On the other hand, my Petunias open huge blossoms almost everyday. Though, sometimes they randomly dry up.

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..Plantasia

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:54 am

:0 Nah I definitely agree; I always personify my plants. My cacti are all different, one of them is a lil angry baby who always gets his way {I named him gimli} and then there's a big tall one with a lot less spikes and that Legolas and he's very proud but can get grumpy. I also have a little succulent called Harold who is very sweet and soft. nwn

I love my plants, they're the best. {of course I'm biased}
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items