S-H-E-R-locked [ a sherlock fanclub! ]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: S-H-E-R-locked [ a sherlock fanclub! ]

Postby Graysen » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:51 am

Hey! :D *steps in and out of shadow* I'd be said friend. And yesh, said friend commands you to read it! >U
But um... I am also a BBC Sherlock fan and Sherlock fan in general, patiently awaiting the third season... And I suppose I'll step in with answering the question posted earlier.

Who is your favorite character and why?
Jim/James Moriarty acted by Andrew Scott all the way. I could rant about him quite a lot, and even more after just watching an episode of the BBC kind featuring him. I just... I love villains to start - as states my signature - and Moriarty is different than your typical kind. He's unpredictable, and intelligent in so many ways. He's funny, too, though he's not usually trying to be humorous. While seeming to have no problems being bold at times, at others he knows exactly how to act, how to wear a disguise and live it. His voice is all around interesting to listen to, though we don't get enough of it - a mere 13 minutes total of recorded of it all together - and he just looks good in a suit. And here's what always gets me; Andrew Scott is able to wear Moriarty's darkness in his eyes. You'll see photos of Andrew Scott just for a special occasion in the public, and he's basically got the same sort of suit on, same everything. Except he doesn't read as evil. Nothing about him is threatening. Compare a picture of that and when he's playing Moriarty, and the juxtaposition is stunning. Andrew does a fantastic job of what he does - along with all the rest of the cast, of course. But I digress. Moriarty is just one of the most unique villains I've ever had the pleasure to watch and come across. His whole "stealing the Crown jewels" bit gets me every time. ((I also refuse to believe that he's dead. Hopefully he'll make a brief appearance in the upcoming episodes.))
Image Image
About Graysen:
{ Loves red pandas and Gallifreyan stuffs. }
{ Sorted and content Ravenpuff. }
{ Proud and musical Hoot Owl. }
{ Nerdfighter and collecter of words. }

{ I'm now posting art here and here. }
{ Tumblr and Twitter. }

Image Image
Image Image
{ So much depends upon }
{ a red wheel barrow }
{ glazed with rain water. }
{ ... And upon a blue sky cut }
{ by the branches of the trees above. }
{ So much depends upon }
{ this observer of the universe. }

Image Image
Graysen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain' » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 pm

@tide
    we must be twins.
    seriously.
    the way that you worded that was amazing by the way cx

@greysen
    according to wikipedia, gatiss tweeted about his suicide being faked or something like that.
    i hope so

moriartys love for fairy tales [and accent] were the two things that really sucked me into loving his character. the fact that he is so, well, childish adds to the mix too i suppose. his reactions to certain situations remind me of myself .. but only to a small degree.

pat pat crab crab
tumblr
captain'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Who » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 pm

I like the new bbc Sherlock and the old Bbc Sherlock Holmes but no one likes the old
ImageImage
Lady Who

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aimless~worrier » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 am

My Dog just had Puppies and I named one of them Lestrade XD
My Best friends on CS are:
SoundAndVision
Benthesheep24 (my friend!)
Send them gifts! :D
aimless~worrier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby videlicet » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 pm

An active Sherlock fanclub, finally! <3 Now I can finally spew all my Sherlockian fan-ness somewhere where I won't be greeted with either a blank stare, or a wary retreat. xD I've read all the original Sherlock Holmes novels and stories (at least twice each -I highly recommend them; they're phenomenal), and, whilst I haven't gotten around to watching some of the older film incarnations, I definitely plan to in the near future.

Who is your favourite character and why?
I'd have to say my favourite character would be Sherlock Holmes, for a whole host of reasons. I find the depth of his character to be simply astounding, and the way he subtly evolves through the series is magnificently done. His relationship with John is so beautifully portrayed as well; I take my hat off (or would, if I were wearing one) to both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. I loved watching him slowly accept John into his life; a relationship measured by hesitant smiles and glances, many harsh words, and a few kind ones. I see Sherlock Holmes not as the cold, calculating machine that many seem to, but as a human, one who has locked himself away from the world, denying himself the things that make him part of a race he thinks he is above. And, watching him shed that mask (Benedict Cumberbatch even looks less sharp in the second series; more well-fed and more human) with John's help, seeing him begin to open up, and, in the end, realize what truly matters to him -watching him place the lives of other human beings before his own- was, well, amazing. To say the least.
As Irene Adler put it, "...you're damaged, delusional and believe in a higher power -in your case it's yourself." And, what character is more interesting (to me, at least) than one who has been gifted with incredible intellectual capacity, but who happens to be a little bit 'broken', as well? Because, to me, BBC Sherlock isn't a "crime show". It is about the relationship between two extraordinary men, John Watson and Sherlock Holmes, who ultimately saved each other, with an equal focus on crime-fighting, of course. :p Also, his interactions with Moriarty (another absolutely astounding character) are so interesting. Watching him parry with a man just as (maybe, in some ways, even more) intelligent than he, is like watching two masters at chess. Their dynamic is absolutely electrifying.
Aaaand, I'm going to cut this short before it turns into a thousand-word essay. :s
To sum it up as simply as possible, as John Watson is fond of saying, Sherlock Holmes is simply "fantastic".
(Sorry, this probably wasn't very coherent... it's 2:19 in the morning, and I'm exhausted. XD)
on semi-permanent hiatus
(unable to fill any art requests as my tablet is very broken, apologies!)
ImageImage
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
meanwhile the world goes on. / meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes, / over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers. --wild geese, by mary oliver

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
hey, viz here! eternally busy, stressed university student. lover of books, space, autumn, mint chocolate, cats. gay.
my previous username was vizàviz

tracks » deviantart » loc » rp with me
videlicet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tide. » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 am

Oswin wrote:
tide. wrote:I can't watch any other Sherlock show / movie now without feeling like their version of the characters, especially Sherlock and Moriarty, are completely inferior.

Same here. XD I watched about ten minutes of Game of Shadows before I gave up on it, and the whole time I was just waiting for the Iron Man preview to end and Benedict to step out of the shadows and start the real Sherlock movie.

I do enjoy reading the original Doyle books, though. I won't deny that I do picture Martin, Benedict and the others when I read about their respective characters, but I still like reading them.

Ugh, don't even get me started on Game of Shadows.
    I was just like... Moriarty? This was the best they could do? And I love Robert Downy Jr. as Sherlock, but... No. He just doesn't compare to Benedict Cumberbatch. They're both phenomenal actors, of course, but Benedict Cumberbatch in my opinion just seems to be the best for the role.

Viszla7 wrote:An active Sherlock fanclub, finally! <3 Now I can finally spew all my Sherlockian fan-ness somewhere where I won't be greeted with either a blank stare, or a wary retreat. xD I've read all the original Sherlock Holmes novels and stories (at least twice each -I highly recommend them; they're phenomenal), and, whilst I haven't gotten around to watching some of the older film incarnations, I definitely plan to in the near future.

Who is your favourite character and why?
I'd have to say my favourite character would be Sherlock Holmes, for a whole host of reasons. I find the depth of his character to be simply astounding, and the way he subtly evolves through the series is magnificently done. His relationship with John is so beautifully portrayed as well; I take my hat off (or would, if I were wearing one) to both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. I loved watching him slowly accept John into his life; a relationship measured by hesitant smiles and glances, many harsh words, and a few kind ones. I see Sherlock Holmes not as the cold, calculating machine that many seem to, but as a human, one who has locked himself away from the world, denying himself the things that make him part of a race he thinks he is above. And, watching him shed that mask (Benedict Cumberbatch even looks less sharp in the second series; more well-fed and more human) with John's help, seeing him begin to open up, and, in the end, realize what truly matters to him -watching him place the lives of other human beings before his own- was, well, amazing. To say the least.
As Irene Adler put it, "...you're damaged, delusional and believe in a higher power -in your case it's yourself." And, what character is more interesting (to me, at least) than one who has been gifted with incredible intellectual capacity, but who happens to be a little bit 'broken', as well? Because, to me, BBC Sherlock isn't a "crime show". It is about the relationship between two extraordinary men, John Watson and Sherlock Holmes, who ultimately saved each other, with an equal focus on crime-fighting, of course. :p Also, his interactions with Moriarty (another absolutely astounding character) are so interesting. Watching him parry with a man just as (maybe, in some ways, even more) intelligent than he, is like watching two masters at chess. Their dynamic is absolutely electrifying.
Aaaand, I'm going to cut this short before it turns into a thousand-word essay. :s
To sum it up as simply as possible, as John Watson is fond of saying, Sherlock Holmes is simply "fantastic".
(Sorry, this probably wasn't very coherent... it's 2:19 in the morning, and I'm exhausted. XD)

this
    it's everything I love
    <3 xD
    Really, though, the way you put that is exactly how I feel. [ though Sherlock is still just a close second to Moriarty. x3 ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

"Cas. I know you're in there. I know you can hear me. Cas, it's me. We're family. We need you. I need you."

|| my tumblr ||
tide.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SherlockianLove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:42 am

Who is your favorite character and why?

Mrs. Hudson. Sherlock is smart. John is a good man. Moriarty is so evil its sexy. But Mrs. Hudson kicks butt. She probably could kill a man if she wasn't so awesomely nice.
I AM LEAVING CS
Seeing as I will not be online as often, I am quitting. Instead of creating a thread to give pets away I will randomly select a user to my pets and items. Goodbye friends.
SherlockianLove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boxcarr » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am

We were watching Reichenbach Falls yesterday. For the 6th time. D':
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SherlockianLove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 am

Bronwyn wrote:We were watching Reichenbach Falls yesterday. For the 6th time. D':

Ugg. I could barely watch it once. For days I watched clips of it on youtube, getting ready for the real thing but when I watched it I cried and felt as if my heart was ripped out.
I AM LEAVING CS
Seeing as I will not be online as often, I am quitting. Instead of creating a thread to give pets away I will randomly select a user to my pets and items. Goodbye friends.
SherlockianLove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Absent from CS » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 am

SherlockianLove wrote:Who is your favorite character and why?

Mrs. Hudson. Sherlock is smart. John is a good man. Moriarty is so evil its sexy. But Mrs. Hudson kicks butt. She probably could kill a man if she wasn't so awesomely nice.

I was literally seconds away from amending the lack of Mrs Hudson in this discussion. Rock on, Notcher-Housekeeper!
Only someone with nerves of steel and the resolve of a supposedly much superior person could stuff a phone down her front while being roughed up by American CIA nincompoops and keep up the frightened old lady act the entire time.
"It was in the pocket of your second-best dressing gown, you clod."
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking up ways to kill people: psychopaths... and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better. -- Rick Castle
Except I'm a high-functioning sociopath. You know?

Absent from CS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me