[東方] Touhou Project Fan Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

[東方] Touhou Project Fan Club

Postby Kinoko » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:27 am

All Touhou images here are (c) Team Shanghai Alice. I do not own any images. ^^^Touhou fan art image by shinia @ pixiv^^^ Reimu >> Marisa >> Sanae

I see that Chicken Smoothie doesn't have a Touhou club yet... so I just decided to make a quick one. -cough--cough-

I am a fan of Touhou myself, and I already know a lot about it.

I can't really explain what Touhou is any better than this wiki, so if you have no clue what it is then this is a great place to start reading about it (if you are interested, I am not encouraging you to get into this):
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

ImageWhat is Touhou? Just some info if you probably heard of Touhou, or something... In my own words, Touhou Project is a PC game created all by this one Japanese guy by the name of ZUN. He is a sole member of his own doujin called "Team Shanghai Alice" (上海アリス幻樂団.) These Touhou games are really, really popular in Japan. The games are bullet-shooting games, which the player goes through stages and bosses who shoot bullets at you, while you try to shoot back and dodge all of the bullets. (like this) Because Touhou music is really popular among doujin groups in Japan, many fans compose arrangements based off of ZUN's original music for the games. And one more important thing--- there are over 100 Touhou characters, and almost everyone (basically every Touhou character that appears in the games) are female. Yes, quite overwhelming to get to learn all of them when you are beginning to like Touhou.

One general, frequently asked question is "Is Touhou an Anime?" No, Touhou is not an anime. Although, many fans have made their own fan-made Touhou animations and considered them to be episodes of a Touhou anime.

Have you ever seen any of these really popular youtube videos?... then you have just listened to Touhou remixes.
McRoll ; Marisa stole the precious thing ; Overdrive ; Night of Nights ; Bad Apple!!
Last edited by Kinoko on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:32 am, edited 15 times in total.
Kinoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [東方] Touhou Project Fan Club

Postby Kinoko » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 am

Touhou Project is not officially in "public" in any other county other than Japan. Most fans outside of Japan find out about Touhou by going online and just happens to bump into it and then get into it. Probably the only place where you can see Touhou fans and events are at anime conventions.

This club is for anyone to join, even if you are a fan or not. I do not expect a lot of people on Chicken Smoothie to be huge fans of Touhou. Besides, a large percentage of Touhou fans are guys (that doesn't mean that Touhou isn't for girls.)

So if you want to join, there is no form or anything. Just say so in your comment.

ImageMembers:

1. Kinoko [admin] [moderator]
2. BlazikenOwns [moderator]
3. FranceIt
4. gaara_zetsu
5. Xweetara
6.gh0st chick
7. Unity J. Wesker
8. D.ixie
9. Jizabel (Ephona)
10. Kareu~chan
11. RibbonPop
12. -Necrofantasia-
13. fairyjess6
14. fefe4ever
15. Ookami Ko
16. Darksunespeon
17. Hungarian Wind Mage
18. Riku_Kaida

***If you changed your Chickensmoothie username, tell me your old username so I can update your new name here.****

ImageSister Fan Clubs:
1. Vocaloid and Utau Fan Club
Last edited by Kinoko on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:30 am, edited 11 times in total.

絵に描いたとしても
時と共に何かが色褪せてしまうでしょう
永遠はいつでも
形のない儚い幻影
君と共に 僕の元に

Kinoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuchifrito » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:50 am

WAZZAP I'M MOMIJI AND I APPROVE OF THIS CLUB.
kuchifrito

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kinoko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:29 am

BlazikenOwns wrote:WAZZAP I'M MOMIJI AND I APPROVE OF THIS CLUB.

edit: YOU ARE MODZ NOW

絵に描いたとしても
時と共に何かが色褪せてしまうでしょう
永遠はいつでも
形のない儚い幻影
君と共に 僕の元に

Kinoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FranceIt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 am

I LOVE YOU MAN.

IT MADE ME SAD WHEN I SEARCH TOUHOU ON THIS SITE AND GOT ONLY TEN RESPONSES... D:
So, can I joins? :'D

Also, want to be sister clubs with my Vocaloid one? Vocaloid and Touhou seem to crossover with each other.. a lot....
Oh, one slight crossover (well, just miku singing a song with Touhou characters).
IT'S DEPRESSING
A wild FoxIt France has appeared!
Awesome Clubs Yo -- DeviantArt -- Blog --Youtube -- FanFiction -- Hetalia Site
ImageImageImageImageImage
┐(`・ω・´)┌ (・∀・)つ⑩
FranceIt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kinoko » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 am

FranceIt wrote:I LOVE YOU MAN.

IT MADE ME SAD WHEN I SEARCH TOUHOU ON THIS SITE AND GOT ONLY TEN RESPONSES... D:
So, can I joins? :'D

Also, want to be sister clubs with my Vocaloid one? Vocaloid and Touhou seem to crossover with each other.. a lot....
Oh, one slight crossover (well, just miku singing a song with Touhou characters).
IT'S DEPRESSING

I LOVE YOU TOO

I KNOW, I SEARCH UP TOUHOU HERE ON CS AND NOTHING REALLY BIG COMES UP

Yeah, you can join, or course!~

I know, Vocaloid crosses over with Touhou often, especially Gumi and Bad Apple!! Sure, a sister club with the Vocaloid club. Touhou needs to get out into Chicken Smoothie~

絵に描いたとしても
時と共に何かが色褪せてしまうでしょう
永遠はいつでも
形のない儚い幻影
君と共に 僕の元に

Kinoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kinoko » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 am

bump.

And one other note...

I am hoping more people would know about Touhou. I see some on Chicken Smoothie people talk about and say that they really love the music.

What's funny is on those RP boards when people apply a character in, the character is really a Touhou character, and they don't know that. Heheh, I've seen people use Flandre and Sakuya and make their own completely different bio for them for the RP. Not that I am against it or anything...

絵に描いたとしても
時と共に何かが色褪せてしまうでしょう
永遠はいつでも
形のない儚い幻影
君と共に 僕の元に

Kinoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FranceIt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:25 am

Okay, I'll put that we are sister clubs on the first post in a second~. :'D

I KNOOW, IT MADE ME SAADD.
Since I thought, ever since I got on this one Vocaloid forum, where half the people were obsessed with Touhou, I thought it was really popular... I guess it's not as popular as I thought... or at least not with the younger generations that most people are here....
What am I saying? I'm only 15, I sound old already...

Really? I don't usually look around on the role plays here (too many romance rp's for me Dx ).
But I have seen in other places the same things happening...
┐(`・ω・´)┌ (・∀・)つ⑩
FranceIt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kinoko » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 am

FranceIt wrote:Okay, I'll put that we are sister clubs on the first post in a second~. :'D

I KNOOW, IT MADE ME SAADD.
Since I thought, ever since I got on this one Vocaloid forum, where half the people were obsessed with Touhou, I thought it was really popular... I guess it's not as popular as I thought... or at least not with the younger generations that most people are here....
What am I saying? I'm only 15, I sound old already...

Really? I don't usually look around on the role plays here (too many romance rp's for me Dx ).
But I have seen in other places the same things happening...

FFFF yyyeaah,,

Touhou is really popular among guys, and a lot of guys like Vocaloid as well. You know, people who are fans of female characters.

Touhou is, in a way, for older people. I've went to a convention and I was probably the youngest fan there (I am a year younger than you.) Other guys over there were like, in their 20s and this other guy who loved Touhou was 38.

絵に描いたとしても
時と共に何かが色褪せてしまうでしょう
永遠はいつでも
形のない儚い幻影
君と共に 僕の元に

Kinoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FranceIt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Hm, I guess you're right. And the male population here is... sort of lacking...

I wonder why... @_@
And... that's... interesting? xD
It might become creepy though when the older (male) peoples try to cosplay someone like Suika or Suwako...
I hope I see Touhou peeps at Kumoricon (local convention I'm going to)... If there's a Reimu, I may have the urge to say something about her armpits...

EDIT: So, I went to Kumoricon yesterday. Only Touhou cosplayer was middle aged guy, who was rather large, cosplaying as Suwako.. xD
I got their picture~. I'm happy though, she's my favorite character..
Last edited by FranceIt on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
┐(`・ω・´)┌ (・∀・)つ⑩
FranceIt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me