Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- SECRET SANTA

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- CHAR CHALLENG

Postby CSMintCat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Design by Kuu (vaporeaon on DA,) base lines and species by Pandora, revamp/transfer by me.
Just casually sharing this bc I worked on it for way too long but I'm p okay with how it turned out aa.
They're up for offers, btw.

@Kat:
    Omf those pieces by Wlyrout are adorable.
@Kessler:
    Aksadljhfksdjhf Bolu is so????
    Aaaa all of their little accessories make my heart melt.

What's the best way that you connect with a design/character?
By drawing them, writing stories about them, roleplaying, etc?

Sometimes I draw them but honestly I mostly just think of silly little HCs involving them/my other charas and.
Somehow, magically, I connect with them pfft.

Do any of your feral characters have a human version of themselves? What do they look like?
Aa most of my feral characters have human versions, actually, but I don't really ever make formal human references of them.
Have this v old thing of my Kia Matvey as a child, though.

What is your opinion on impulse buys? Do ever happen to actually really like and develop a character that you have impulse bought or do you end up never getting attached to them?
Sometimes they turn out nice and you get attached and come up with a nice character and it's great but.
Personally, the only times I've ever impulse bought anything ended up badly and now I'm stuck with these two.
They're great but I don't really have any ideas for them.
(If anyone wants to buy 'em off me, pls hmu.)
Last edited by CSMintCat on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:08 pm

@SnooshiSushi, That's a really nice piece of art!
@Kat, Omg, I love that art! It's also nice to see Novi around here again ^^
@NulliusNominus, Those kitties are beautiful! Also, congrats on being a GA!
@Ballie., Ahh, I love all that art and your charrie is precious! I love seeing cute snake characters x3

How many unnamed characters do you have? What's the longest time it's taken for you to name a character?
Quite a few. I'm super picky when it comes to naming my characters so it can take a while to make up my mind. I think I still have characters from two or more years ago that I've yet to find the perfect name for.

What's the most you've spent to buy a character? A piece of art?
Papyrus cost around $45 dollars I believe, though I spent an extra $5 to get some bonus art of him. As for piece of art, I paid around $40-45 I think for a custom MLP for Zenobiaa. Sadly I never received it, which I was super bummed about because the WIPs looked so good. The most I spent on art that I did receive was somewhere around 20 or 30 dollars on a custom necklace of the same character (you can see it here). I loved that thing so much but eventually I had to stop wearing it because the paint was rubbing off.

do you currently own any characters you'd consider Impulse buys?
Ahaha...yeah. A lot of them probably are ^^;

Who is the character that means the most or has the most sentimental value the you, excluding sona(s)! Any specific reason?
Probably Fun Dip. Even though she's basically just a silly feel-good character, she's by far the one I've spoiled and RPed the most over the years. JBDs were a really big part of my life at one point and she was my first, so there's always going to be something extra special about her.

Do you like custom characters? Why/why not?
Sort of. The problem I have with customs is that I don't typically have ideas for them. I usually come to a character idea from a specific design, so doing it the other way around can be hard (and usually if I do come up with my own design idea, I'll have already jumped the gun and made it myself).

Who is your (current) favourite character?
That's honestly such a tough question because it changes just about ever day haha. I'm really enjoying ordering art of Casey and Wasabi right now though.

Which character has the most art? How much do they have? (What is your favourite piece of them?)
Fun Dip has 150 pieces on her toyhouse, probably even more in my files. As for favorite art piece, it's kind of old but I still really like this one by notifyneelix!

Do you find yourself drawn to particular species more than others?
I'm especially drawn to weird hybrids/creatures that don't exist in real life (or aren't commonly seen).
ImageImage.......
deviantART

"Our long bygone burdens,
mere echoes of the spring,
but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
If dreams can't come true,
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mikuru Senpai » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:34 pm

@IrishRascal: Ah that character is really adorable - and so is the art!
    @Kessler: Congrats on the new characters! I like how colorful the second one is c:
    @ballie.: Congrats on the cute art! ;o;
    @NulliusNominis: Woah congrats! I really like the second feline on the batch!
    @Kat: Congrats on the cute art! <3
    @SnooshiSushi: That piece looks really cute!
    @CSMintCat: Good luck with that!
    ----
    Eeep guys I got a new character!
    Say hello to Shredder; the paper snail!
    by leebee
    ----
    And I also got some really cool art!
    First of this little pixel of Danger!
    by daemonenstuff

And second this cool piece of my Pokemon -Trainer Oc Melody!
    by aruowlsart

And last but not least some cute art of my Pand Inu Dōngjì
    by hoffnungsstern

"Give up trying to
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

________-____
___Deviantart__________Twitch
_______
___Anime | Paranormal | League

________-____
___

make me give up."
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

Mikuru Senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:44 pm

doing some market research for characters and designs c:

Code: Select all
Do you prefer auctions or flatsales? Why?

Do you prefer designs that are based off something, ie. animals, tv shows, etc?

Just advertising my rp horse show! prizes to be won etc, click the link below c: end date is going to be extended, ignore the date on the front post.

@ NulliusNominis // oo lucky, I loved those designs!
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jijing » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Working on some drawing c; and maybe doing some character requests and sketches too~
https://join.me/881-268-275

xx─ ♡ ── ♡ ── ♡ ─── 𝘤𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵
┌──────────────┐

she/her . adult . chinese 🇨🇳 . est -5
"lover of all things literature, pink,

plush, and feline" formerly -Kyoya Senpai-

└──────────────┘

───── ( 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦
linktree

toyhouse

discord
𝘉𝘐𝘎 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛 𝘚𝘒𝘠
Jijing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Flatsales. There's a fixed rate that you can count on, and if you get it, you get it. You can't be usurped. So I guess it boils down to security and finality.

I love animals that have the patterns of other animals, especially when they aren't even related. My character Orca is a coyote with the orca Whale colors and marks.
Last edited by Scottish9 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IdolDream » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 pm

@-Kyoya Senpai-, If my computer will let me, I'd love to join that join me! I don't get the chance as much as I'd like these days! ;o ; Maybe I'll try my phone haha

@Mikuru Senpai,that paper snail is literally so cute and I personally think it's super creative. What a cutie! ;o ; That art is so goooood too!

@CSMintCat,I love that Kia's eyes and their big fluffy ears! You did really well on it!

@SnooshiSushi, Ahhh, that lineless piece looks so good! I think it's super freaking cute, those eyes ;o ; ♡

@Kat, Oh my gosh, that art is so cute! I really like the bottom one best, I love the character too! ♡ They're all so cute!

@ NulliusNominis, AH! I am so jealous of some of those babes, holy wowza! They are gorgeous! Also, good luck on that adopt there! I love those colors! ;o ;

@DragonLoverHere, I really hope you get the commissions you're looking for! ♡ Wishing you the best of luck! ;o ;

@Ballie., AHH, what a gorgeous Kia! I'd totally snap them up in a heartbeat if I could! Good luck on selling! Also, that art is so cute, as well as the character! I don't see a lot of snake characters, so he's really refreshing to see!

@Kessler, oh. My. Dear. Wowza! That fluffball there, Bolu, is literally the cutest thing I've ever seen! Totally jealous! Such a cutie! ;o ;

@IrishRascal, That is such a cute kitty! I really like how simple but pretty his design is! And that art is wonderful!

I was trying to make a species, but I'm not very good at designing I think, even if I really like it haha. n.n"
    I don't know, I made a character out of the species, however, so either way, I made this handsome little guy. I'm pretty content with him and how he came out! Looking to get some art of him, so if you're interested, please PM me! ♡ (I have a non shaded version and hex codes if needed!)

I don't have a name for him yet though, any suggestions would be great! ;o ;

Also, these two are up for sale/trade! Really only looking for USD, CS pets, art, or other characters!
    Sorry for having to link them, images are a bit big and I didn't want my post to be too long!

Mm, it depends on the design/adopt for me! Flatsales are great because you don't have to worry about being outbid or anything like that, and can just buy it. But auctions can be great too because you can have more options when it comes to how much you pay and if you get outbid/can't put in anymore money, it's easy enough to just step away from it. I guess?

I think that, for me at least, it depends on the design. Designs based off of animals are fine by me, but I don't like things based off of things like animes, cartoons, shows, etc. just because I feel like those aren't really mine to base anything off of, you know? n.n"
xxxxxxx──────────────────────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxHello! My name is IdolDream, you can call me Idol
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a pretty chill and laid back person, so please do feel
xxxxxxxxxxxfree to message me about anything! Friendships, art,
xxxxxxxxxxx whatever you'd like. ^ ^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxStatus:
xxxxxxxxxxxShort story, medically I'm messed up, so please be
xxxxxxxxxxxpatient with me for now while I figure things out ♡
xxxxxxx ────────────────────────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DeviantArtArt ShopToyhou.se
xxxxxx ────────────♡Precious People♡───────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGladisgoddess
IdolDream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 pm

@IdolDream. May I suggest the name Ranoka? It's a part of the Malagasy word for lava.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nines » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:40 pm

@idoldream I love this character? Don't say you're bad at designing since at least imo, you're pretty amazing
@mikura senpai ahhhh, all that art is so gorgeous!

sooo, I need like 1200 pts to get a character I really want and I was considering selling some art? I have 0 idea what to charge though so it would be semi-pay what you want within reason.

I just got a new art program that actually has decent pen pressure so my style has been able to become more detailed as a result.

Unfortunately, this awkward wip is the best example I have at the moment, I haven't gotten much of a chance to play around with my new style much. The finished result would ideally have some more soft shading, there's some on the body that I didn't catch in the screen shot. Please pm me if interested!
Nines

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:40 pm

**long post ahead!!**

advertisement ;;
i have characters up for sale/trade here! i'd prefer points and art, maybe CS things, and maybe trades.

new art ;;
i got a lot of art of hawk!!

by cookie_lover

by z3p0pig on dA

by deertoys on dA

arual got art too ;v;
also by z3p0pig

boar got some as well :'D
by ravenseas on dA

by thekitsuneprince

my bby orph <3
by z3p0pig

by cresom on dA

by nuggetseb

got some ship art of nikki and tevi!
by jaiin on dA

gates was spoiled too!!
by me!

by laurens;

by z3p0pig

shiloh got a lot of art too!
by cookie_lover

by boo-ghosty on dA

by ghoulistic on dA

by acrz on dA

also got a pixel of smol borb bud tiki by cookie_lover

questions ;;
[b]do i, hawky, have any dream/liked [url=http://sta.sh/2gbdmxstza1]characters[/url]?[/b]

always curious lmao
also!!
[b]how do my [url=http://hawkpaws.deviantart.com/journal/commission-prices-621179719]commission prices[/url] look? anything i need to change?[/b]

i've been struggling with pricing my commissions and i don't know if these are good or not hh
i spend maybe 2 1/2 hours on a fullbody if its complex?
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me