The Artist Army

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Artist Army

Postby lady gaga » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Shoe. wrote:Hi all :)

Looking for comments on this (no crit please!)
https://sta.sh/2vcq1jz6j3t

Pls feed my ego no one else will

I'm digging the long nose and pointy ears. Its a really cool style i've never seen before!
π˜πŽπ” 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 π‡πŽππ„
ham βˆ™ she/her βˆ™ scorpio βˆ™ wanda deserves happiness Β©
lady gaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KogasBabyGirl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Mythic wrote:Recently finished the image in the attachments. It's a pain in the butt to upload it just to post it here so sorry guys.

Ugggh Your realism Skills Please give them to me! *runs away with skills*

Shoe. wrote:Hi all :)

Looking for comments on this (no crit please!)
https://sta.sh/2vcq1jz6j3t

Pls feed my ego no one else will

I have to agree I love the long nose. Really not a style Ive seen before. Can we discuss a possible trade?

Can someone Help me. I had a person request Floppy ears on my YCH which are the death on me

╒═══════════════════╕
If you need anyone to talk to feel free
to message me. Im here to listen!
C$ shop | ArtFight | My Ocs | Rares 4 Art
β•˜β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•›
KogasBabyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hansoliod » Fri May 08, 2020 9:04 am

Hey guys, anyone here that's gotten in/ graduated art school? I'm on a gap year right now but I hope to go to art school for next year, any advice for a wanna be concept artist?
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
I have an Art Gallery!
Hey, I go by as Hansoliod. I like advanced/semi-lit
rp, more specifically with people/humanoids. I'm
starting to be more active on this community again

DeviantArt | Cooking Thread > Adults Only | Β©
x
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”˜
x
x
..Image
...Image
............BLM
hansoliod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimuulap » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:16 am

hansoliod wrote:Hey guys, anyone here that's gotten in/ graduated art school? I'm on a gap year right now but I hope to go to art school for next year, any advice for a wanna be concept artist?

Hi! I currently study animation at a college in Canada. It depends on what your final goal is and what your work ethic is like.

If you feel that you definitely need someone to set deadlines for you and have a strict schedule for you, art school is a good option. Art Centre (in Pasadena, California) is one of the schools I know that focus primarily on concept art! So if you're dead set on going into concept art, then I would suggest Art Centre. Most alumni branch off into game concept art, feature visual development, etc. If you're still unsure and would like some exposure to other subfields in animation or gaming (e.g. animation, rigging, storyboarding), then I would suggest any other animation or game design school. Most programs are pretty similar. However at the end of the day (at least in animation), employers don't care too much which school you went to. I think one of the biggest takeaways from animation school (so far) was the connections I made, and not so much what I actually learned. Of course, I learned a lot, but the connections are much more valuable (that's how you get most of your jobs in this industry, through people you know).

If money is an issue (which is totally valid, because that's one of the reasons I'm not attending any of the art schools in the states), I would suggest taking online courses from schoolism or cgma. I'm currently taking one (Art of Color and Light by Marco Bucci on CGMA) and I learned so much more from this course than what I learned in painting class at school. The way my school works is that first and second years are when you learn every aspect of animation (life drawing, animation, layout, storyboarding, painting, rigging, etc.), so while some of the courses (like story) were super helpful, some courses weren't as helpful, including painting class unfortunately haha. In addition, these online courses are taught by industry professionals (most living somewhere in California) and it's much cheaper compared to school tuition. Once you've developed the skills you need, then you can go on to make a portfolio. Once you've made a portfolio, I would really encourage going to conventions like CTN Expo or Light Box Expo, because that's where you can talk to other artists and form connections. Once you have a portfolio, you can also keep an eye out for internships being offered at various big studios, and apply to them!

Mewtripled does a good job at explaining other options if you can't afford art school (because in reality, you don't need to go to art school if you want to break into the industry. There's lots of people who have degrees in engineering or something unrelated, and they ended up in the entertainment industry. However, if you want to work in the US and you're not a citizen, then having a degree (doesn't matter what degree, doesn't have to be related to art) will help a lot with getting a work visa.

Of course, all this depends on your work ethic (do you need someone to guide you or are you diligent enough to study by yourself) and your end goal. But I hope this helped! Best of luck!
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
M I N - ζ—»

// visual development / animation //
commission info (closed)
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
- art shop -
- youtube -
- twitter -
- ocs - | Β©
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
xxxxx
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
nimuulap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeydont » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:22 am

hansoliod wrote:Hey guys, anyone here that's gotten in/ graduated art school? I'm on a gap year right now but I hope to go to art school for next year, any advice for a wanna be concept artist?

i graduated from art school in 2018 with a bfa in comic art! i'd be willing to answer specific questions if you have any, feel free to shoot me a pm :) otherwise, paluumin made some excellent points above!

πŸ“ david // he/they // adult
πŸ“ art shop
πŸ“ icon art
πŸ“ sig art @ me

honeydont

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:26 am

any tips for working with deadlines?

I havent drawn a lot this year unfortunately, but I've been trying to get back into it. My friend and I are entering an art contest, and I started yesterday, but it's due at the end of the month.

I'm doing it digitally, and I'm used to working traditionally but what I'm going for looks 1000x better digital.

I'm scared it wont be done in time ;-;
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–—π–Šπ–†π–˜π–šπ–—π–Š"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"π–Žπ–˜ π–˜π–Žπ–‘π–›π–Šπ–— 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–Œπ–”π–‘π–‰."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimuulap » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:06 am

credimus wrote:any tips for working with deadlines?

I havent drawn a lot this year unfortunately, but I've been trying to get back into it. My friend and I are entering an art contest, and I started yesterday, but it's due at the end of the month.

I'm doing it digitally, and I'm used to working traditionally but what I'm going for looks 1000x better digital.

I'm scared it wont be done in time ;-;

I think I learned to work with deadlines through school haha, we were given agendas in elementary school and our teachers supervised us as we wrote down our homework. For me, keeping an agenda and physically writing things down reduces stress (because I know what needs to be done) and allows me to plan ahead of time.

The first step (for me) is to create a list of goals I would like to accomplish in a month or by the end of a break (e.g. summer break, winter break, etc.). Once that's done, I mark down all the deadlines. Then I estimate how much time the said task would take. If it's your first time drawing in a while, I would also list all the steps and how long each step takes (e.g. research, thumbnails, sketches, line art, render, etc.). Then, pick certain days to dedicate x amount of hours (e.g. 2 hours every saturday for online class homework). You can do that with all of your tasks (assuming you have other things going on besides the contest) and then the next step is just to follow through with what you wrote down. And once you finish something, you get to cross it off your list (one of the most satisfying feelings for me haha).

Hope that helps and good luck!
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
M I N - ζ—»

// visual development / animation //
commission info (closed)
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
- art shop -
- youtube -
- twitter -
- ocs - | Β©
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
xxxxx
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
nimuulap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:32 am

@paluumin - thank you! I dont have a lot of other stuf to do, but I try to make time for my hobbies, which is quite a few, some requiring hours of practice each day. (Instruments)

I think until it's over I'll try to work on it a couple hours each day, or assign myself smth to complete each day. Today I can just do the rough draft (I already gathered references and drew a some thumbnails while at work!) And tmrw I can lay down the base colors and make sure everything looks in place before I begin working in more color and details.

Your advice helps, thank you!

"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–—π–Šπ–†π–˜π–šπ–—π–Š"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"π–Žπ–˜ π–˜π–Žπ–‘π–›π–Šπ–— 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–Œπ–”π–‘π–‰."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hansoliod » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:10 am

Hey everyone I'm working on a portfolio rn,, looking for comments on presentation and content. I'm on a gap year and in the process of updating it actually- so a lot of it is a wip

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

- I've enabled comments so please be nice :>
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
I have an Art Gallery!
Hey, I go by as Hansoliod. I like advanced/semi-lit
rp, more specifically with people/humanoids. I'm
starting to be more active on this community again

DeviantArt | Cooking Thread > Adults Only | Β©
x
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”˜
x
x
..Image
...Image
............BLM
hansoliod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeydont » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:31 am

hansoliod wrote:Hey everyone I'm working on a portfolio rn,, looking for comments on presentation and content. I'm on a gap year and in the process of updating it actually- so a lot of it is a wip

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

- I've enabled comments so please be nice :>

it's a great start! i left some comments within the presentation for you :)

πŸ“ david // he/they // adult
πŸ“ art shop
πŸ“ icon art
πŸ“ sig art @ me

honeydont

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me