Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Afghan Hound by PumpkinP

Artist PumpkinP [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Afghan Hound

Postby PumpkinP » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 am

This is my second digital drawing so so far I'm quite happy with it :)

Hello everyone :) This is also my first attempt at realism so I'm sorry if there are any errors. This is an Afghan Hound (as I'm sure you can tell.) I've drawn this because I'm obsessed with hounds. I have a Whippet puppy ,Friday, and I was cuddling with him when it came to mind to draw an Afghan. And yes the timer is partly true, take off about ten minutes because Friday wouldn't stop whining at me so I couldn't resist giving him a cuddle and some treats XP.

EDIT: Intermediate?! Thank you! I'm speechless...O.O
Last edited by PumpkinP on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,
Just like a Pumpkin glow,

Hey I'm PumpkinP, feel free to call my Pumpkin, or even Pumpkin Pie. Since I've always known I've lived with cats but I never knew that when my cat Leo died I could be so sad. Now I have Pumpkin, a rescue cat, who lit me up like a candle. I also live with my puppy Friday (who Pumpkin isn't so keen on) and my mum. I live in England and hope one day to be a writer and work for cats protection part time. Feel free to PM me I don't bite :)

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Afghan Hound WIP

Postby PumpkinP » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Added the background, the eyes base, the fur base and the long fur. Now all I need to do is the short fur and the eye though I might leave the short fur as it is, I'm not sure...
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

Hey I'm PumpkinP, feel free to call my Pumpkin, or even Pumpkin Pie. Since I've always known I've lived with cats but I never knew that when my cat Leo died I could be so sad. Now I have Pumpkin, a rescue cat, who lit me up like a candle. I also live with my puppy Friday (who Pumpkin isn't so keen on) and my mum. I live in England and hope one day to be a writer and work for cats protection part time. Feel free to PM me I don't bite :)

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayleaf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:11 am

This is really good! It could be in Intermediate, or even Advanced if you add a really could background.
Bayleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PumpkinP » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:42 am

Thanks, but my art isn't that good :) I might actually I just can't decide what to do for the background.
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PumpkinP » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:33 am

Thank you so much for moving this into Intermediate! I was browsing through Intermediate and saw this and I was like 'Hmm that looks like my drawing...Wait a minute....' Thanks so much mods.
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PumpkinP » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 am

Finished :)
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Afghan Hound

Postby Hammingham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:19 am

I love afghan hounds! They are my all time favorite dog, next to the bichon frise because I own one :)
xxxxImage
xxxxHome is behind, the world ahead,
xxxxand there are many paths to tread
xxxxthrough shadows
xxxxto the edge of night,
xxxxuntil the stars are all alight.
Hammingham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PumpkinP » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 am

I love Afghans too, though I don't own one.
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PumpkinP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:47 am

11 likes? You guys are amazing :D
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PumpkinP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:22 pm

16?! Wow...Just....Wow...
She is my candle,
Lighting me up,

ImageImageImage

PumpkinP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me