Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Tears Practice by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tears Practice

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I know it's an odd thing to say, but I was really in the mood to practice drawing tears online today, XD!

I haven't ever truly been able to master drawing tears digitally - until now, that is, since I think these turned out pretty good! c: I did a bunch of different emotions and skintones to test stuff even further as well c:
Yeah, I’m aware that there are no defined head shapes or anything, and that the whole dripping-off effect doesn’t quite work correctly here because of it - I just had to have some color behind the bottom drops so I could, uh, see it, y’know? XD

Not much else to say here tbh, XD! Uh... the timer's a bit off since my dog yanked my headphones cord for the second time now, and I had to mess with them for a good 5 minutes to get the connection to work again (aaaand now they've messed up AGAIN. Sorry, I'm ticked :1).
Have a great day, everyone and anyone who happens to see this! <3
Last edited by Swirlshine on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tears Practice

Postby JK341 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:09 pm

oh whew i thought this was some kind of sad vent for a minute! You are definitely doing a really great job at drawing emotions, friend! I also relate about the whole dog issue as well, mine likes to paw at me while im drawing sometimes. xD
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm

J-and-K341 wrote:oh whew i thought this was some kind of sad vent for a minute! You are definitely doing a really great job at drawing emotions, friend! I also relate about the whole dog issue as well, mine likes to paw at me while im drawing sometimes. xD

Oh yeah, sorry - don’t worry, I’m perfectly fine, just wanted to try some emotions, XD! And om, thanks so much! That means a ton - I’m always trying to improve, hehe! <3
And oh whew, I’m not alone, XD - mine paws at me if she wants attention or to go outside, and her paw got stuck in my headphones cord for just a sec. Funnnnnnnn, XD

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:21 am

This is such a unique idea! I love it!!! ;-;

*studies each and every face and wonders how the heck Swirl is such a master of expressions and art and life*

Howwww did you make the tears look so reaaalll and perfect?!!! I WANNA KNOW YOUR SECREETTTTT!!! XD Ah man, I just love how you draw faces. It's so fun and SPECIAL. It screams your art style and I just LOVE that!! <33333 Finding an art style is hard and you totally conquered that and have figured out how to make a huge variety of expressions in your style which is something I struggle with. So, I admire you a lottttt!! <333

Also, I'm sorry about your headphonessss. DX Whenever my headphones break, it's such a pain and kind of a heartache, haha. </33
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me