Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Flashlighters ~ Free Adoptable Species [Open for Posting] by Rabbitheart

Based on Click to view
Artist Rabbitheart [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Flashlighters ~ Free Adoptable Species [Open for Posting]

Postby Rabbitheart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:55 am

Welcome!

Adopt A Flashie! || Flashy Fanclub || Nursery || Archives ||

[insert species banner here]

Welcome to my very first adoptable species called Flashlighters, or Flashies for short. The amazing Kittu helped me to make this species a reality! Now, I bring them to you!
So what are Flashlighters you ask?

About Flashlighters

Flashlighters are a cute, cuddly species of animal that used to be wild, but are now often found as pets. Flashies are the size of a red panda, in fact, they resemble red pandas in the face, body and tail. In addition to their red panda likeness, they appear to have traits that are reminiscent of a certain species of squirrels that have tufted ears, they also have noses that look like they came from a species of bat, and skin flaps similar to a sugar glider's. At the end of a Flashlighter's tail they have the head of large fully functional flashlight, no one knows how these came to be there, but no one really objects to it being there. These flashlight tails of theirs can turn off and on at the Flashlighter's own will, by thought alone.

This is a very versatile species, they are capable of walking on their back legs, swim, glide through the air like a sugar glider, honestly, they can do just about anything!
Flashies are known for collecting miniature flashlights and using them as accessories. They use clip on keychain mini flashlights as earrings, non-clip-on keychain mini flashlights as necklaces, and they also sometimes put charms on their tails.
Dietarily, this species is omnivorous, but mainly they stay away from most meats except for fish.

Flashlighter births are very strange to say the least, when the baby is born, they look like a small flashlight, within a few days, the "cap" at the bottom seems to disappear and baby comes out and absorbs the flashlight into their tail, leaving the head sticking out because the flashlight won't go in any farther. As the child grows, so does the flashlight.

Staff

Owner
Rabbitheart

Artists
Kittu
Rabbitheart

Guest & Ghost Artists
rycia (guest)
Emris (ghost)
labradoodle. (guest)
Spottedsong (ghost)

Moderators
Crimsoned

Archivist
sarapkm

Fun Facts!

-Our mascot's name is Flash!
-Flashlighters mate for life! Divorces are extremely rare!
-The bulbs in their flashlights never have to be changed!
-Flashies are only able to have 2 babies max in a single breeding
-Flashlighters come in all colors! But their body color is limited to 7 colors.
-Flashies can have edits such as hair, different colored lights, and possibly other edits as well! Only time will tell
-Originally, the species concept included the idea that their eyes could act like car headlights and beams of lights would come out of them and they'd be able to turn this feature on and off just like their tail, but I decided to shelve this idea. I may or may not implement it, we'll see what you the fans thing. X3
Last edited by Rabbitheart on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 am, edited 15 times in total.
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Regulations

Postby Rabbitheart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:56 am

General Rules

-Please be respectful to everyone
-Do not ask to be an artist, there will be artist competitions held when more or new artists are needed
-Do not steal this species!
-Do not steal someone's Flashlighter
-If you are not an artist for the species, do not make your own!
-Do not whine or complain about not winning or question the results of a contest
-Do not give special edits your Flashlighter without permission (hair, horns, fur edits, color change to their light, etc.)
-Do not sell or trade your Flashlighter
-If you gift your Flashlighter to someone, please inform our archivist so that they can update the archive
-You may own a maximum of 6 Flashlighters
-These are a free-to-adopt species, so do not try to bribe me into letting you win
-Art theft is strictly prohibited, obviously, so if I catch you stealing anything about this species, I will report you for art theft and put you on a blacklist
-Please remember that everyone on the Flashy staff, including myself, have a life and cannot spend our time exclusively making Flashlighters, so please respect that and be patient with us.
-Flashlighters CAN NOT be your fursona or the mate to your fursona
-Do not spam the thread, asking questions or expressing your interest in the species is fine, but please don't post anything off-topic or completely unrelated to the species

Breeding/Mating Rules
-When breeding is made available, Flashy couples will only be able to breed 3-4 times (still deciding)
-When the babies are born, the owner(s) of the parents can either split the babies between them, put them up for adoption, or gift them to another user (please inform the artist who made the babies so they know what's going on and who owns the baby/babies)
-Please avoid mating your Flashlighters together just to breed them as Flashlighters mate for life, so any pairing you make is permanent
-Only under extenuating circumstances can a divorce be granted
-Flashlighters can have whatever sexuality you want them to have and they can have children no matter what gender their mate is
-Flashlighters cannot be bred to another character of another species

Warnings/Banned List

None! Let's keep it that way! :3
Last edited by Rabbitheart on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contests

Postby Rabbitheart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 am

[info here later]
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Rabbitheart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Show Your Support!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2652911][img]http://i.imgur.com/v6KiJe8.png[/img][/url]

made by T r i n i t y

Affiliates

Interested in being affiliated with us? Just send Rabbitheart a PM and be sure to include a sticker/stamp with a link to your species!

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Rabbitheart on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flashlighters ~ Free Adoptable Species [Under Constructi

Postby rat.png » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 am

You think. >w>

Anyways!
Oh my gosh, it's adorable. ;u; *all the hype rn.*
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

⎾rat | he/it | adult | lgbt| th!! | BLM
_-idk how to make fancy signatures
-and at this point im too afraid to ask⏌
rat.png

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 am

Haha, yeah. I think. X3 This is my first time making an adoptable species, so I have no idea how many posts for this topic I should reserve. X3

And thank you! ♥ I'm so happy to see that there is interest in these cuties! ♥
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T r i n i t y . » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 am

o.O Mark these are so cute!
will there be an artist comp when its done?
Last edited by T r i n i t y . on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
W I P
You may call me Nicole, patches, or just Trinity.
Sorry if I am slow with adoptables, trades, or commissions. I'm going to be very
busy for a little while so I can only get on to check up for a little bit each day.

ImageImageImageImage
T r i n i t y .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rat.png » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 am

cx
Wishing you luck~

Anytime. <3 Anything that has to do with red pandas or are similar to red pandas are guaranteed to catch my attention. >w>
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

⎾rat | he/it | adult | lgbt| th!! | BLM
_-idk how to make fancy signatures
-and at this point im too afraid to ask⏌
rat.png

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 am

@Trinity ~ Yes! There will likely be an artist comp when I'm done filling in the blanks. X3

@Love Bites ~ Thank you! ♥ I really appreciate it!

I appreciate everyone's interest! I was half afraid that there wouldn't be that much in the way of interest. X3
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me