Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: design - myo event '21 - open

Postby yugureyoake » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:33 pm

Username + ID#: yugureyoake 433996
Kalon Name: Rabbit
Standard Design: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4600461
Edit List:
[s] hair, shine, teeth
[c] fur, tail
[r] body shine, halo
Proof of claim: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4597909&start=100#p135491900
Prompt Response: "How did they meet their bestie/friend/love?"
Rabbit is considered the messenger of a Goddess by the name of Chang'e. Ever since the Goddess' exile to the moon, she desired a way to reach out to the world she so desired to return to, and thus hosted an exquisite banquet. Rabbit, a being born of the energy surrounding the moon, followed the scent of food to this banquet and was the first to meet Chang'e. One of their first talks was of her name- she did not have a name, nor had much thought of it. Chang'e called her a "little rabbit", as that is what she mistook the young Kalon for, so from that point on she took that as a term of endearment. Since it is quite lonely on the moon, Chang'e and Rabbit spend most of their time together before she has to take trips off to scout the world below.

(i hope this is okay!! this is the first prompt for the pile)
yugureyoake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverfew » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:31 am

Username + ID#: feverfew #426135
Kalon Name: Elaine
Standard Design: X
Final Design: X
Edit List:
Standard | Hair, Custom Tail Shine
Common | Longer fur, Custom Tail
Uncommon | Custom Ears
Prompt Response: Are they afraid of death?
No. With death, only your earthly body leaves. You live on in other ways, in the objects you leave behind, in your children, in the memories and stories your loved ones will tell for years to come. Think of death like a tree. Once a tree is felled, in it you can see everything that happened in its lifespan in those inner rings, see how many years they lived. Those who are creative may reuse that tree in valuable objects that use what earth has given them. This can be a table, a sculpture, etc. That tree forever now resides as various forms but it does not change the fact that it was at one time, a tree.
Last edited by feverfew on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey y'all | she/her | adult | vet assistant
feverfew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:34 am

Username + ID#: MeepMorpLazuli | 832949
Kalon Name: Galaga
Standard Design: Standard
Final Design: Rare
Edit List:
[s] hair, shine
[c] custom tail
[un] custom ears, custom tongue, custom inner eye shapes
[r] halo, horns on head, bigger paws, shine on body, shaped eyes
Proof of claim: N/A
Prompt Response:
Name: Galaga
Background: Galaga has always been fascinated with space. Maybe it was destiny with how they look, maybe it was just a coincidence. Whatever the reasoning behind it, Galaga has spent a majority of their life studying every little thing they can about the worlds beyond their own. One day, they hope to venture out there to see it first-paw for themselves. Would they meet other life out there? Surely their world wasn't the only one with intelligent life.

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

design - myo event '21 - open

Postby gojo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Username + ID#: cure | 412507
    Standard Design: standard
    Final Design: uncommon
    Edit List:
    [nr] scelra, whiskers
    [s] teeth, hair, shine
    [c] backmane, tail, fur
    [uc] ears
    If unclaimed: i'd like it back ^^
    *by submitting this design to the “pile” i acknowledge and agree that it will be awarded fcfs, if claimed by another user, for the purposes of this event. no takebacksies uwu*
gojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

WIP Approvals wrote:@SilhouetteStation - Approved.

New Approvals wrote:@Tjebb - You need to add the extra eyes to the face ref. ^^

@Spottedpuppi - The claws on the back leg are considered excessive and need to be trimmed down a bit. Tail is not an uncommon edit, did you mean ears? You also need to add tongue to your edit list. You are also missing a toe on each of the paws. Kalon's have 4 toes plus the dewtoe.

@feverfew - Your standard form is missing the eye refs.

@MeepMorpLazuli - You are missing the sclera edit (which is a non rarity edit). Your kal does not have shaped eyes (rare edit). The big paw edit (rare edit) should only affect the paws and not the entire limb. If you want the limb to be bigger you'll need to add a weight edit to them, which then you would have to express that edit in the tummy area as well. Your Kals legs are also longer then standard with no edit mentioned. The minimum word limit of 100 has not been reached, you currently sit at 86.

@cure - Approved for the pile.

Claims wrote:@ShadowWolfess - Your claim has been processed.

@yugureyoake - Approved!
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:44 pm

MeepMorpLazuli wrote:Username + ID#: MeepMorpLazuli | 832949
Kalon Name: Galaga
Standard Design: Standard
Final Design: Rare
Edit List:
[s] hair, shine, colour sclera
[c] custom tail
[un] custom ears, custom tongue, custom inner eye shapes
[r] halo, horns on head, shine on body
Proof of claim: N/A
Prompt Response:
Name: Galaga
Background: Galaga has always been fascinated with space. Maybe it was destiny with how they look, maybe it was just a coincidence. Whatever the reasoning behind it, Galaga has spent a majority of their life studying every little thing they can about the worlds beyond their own. One day, they hope to venture out there to see it first-paw for themselves. Would they meet other life out there? Surely their world wasn't the only one with intelligent life. Whether they go to space alone or with a friend would be told by the future, hopefully the near future rather than distant.

My bad- i didn't realize the bigger paws meant only the paws, and mistook the shaped eyes as shaped irises. I've changed the eyes back to having just shaped pupils, and made the legs/paws the original lines again. I've also added to the prompt to meet the 100 word minimum!

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:48 pm

Spottedpuppi wrote:Username + ID#: Spottedpuppi 629149
Kalon Name: Raze
Standard Design:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5e14d1.png
Final Design:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 02a0fe.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 2eecc7.png backmane clear vers
Edit List:
[s] hair, shine, claws, teeth
[c] backmane, longer fur, custom tail
[u] shorter fur, ears, pupils, tongue
[r] extra limbs, horns, body shine, extra ears, extra tail, colorful blood, rev munchkinism
[nr] screla color
Proof of claim: n/a
Prompt Response:
(prompt: "are they afraid of death?")
"Am I afraid of death?" The sleek black and white kalon throws her head back in silent laughter, before quickly pulling it right again and licking her teeth. "Why would I fear myself?"

Though her words may not be the full truth, Raze has always embraced death. She's taken it as part of her identity, even. After a few unfortunate childhood events, she was no longer fazed by such a thing. For a while in her youth, she grew paranoid that she brought death to those she cared about. Of course, this wasn't true, but those thoughts had wormed their way deep into her brain. After much contemplation and her own near-death experience, she began to embrace it. Death wasn't scary. She had looked it in the eyes and won. And, as one does, after defeating it, she took it's name.

fixed.
Last edited by craig? on Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:37 am

Username + ID#: Sunnystreets + 823430
Design being claimed: no. 13
Do you agree to have the first prompt completed within 48 hours?: [failure to post your prompt within 48 hours constitutes forfeiting the design] I do!
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverfew » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 am

feverfew wrote:Username + ID#: feverfew #426135
Kalon Name: Elaine
Standard Design: X
Final Design: X
Edit List:
Standard | Hair, Custom Tail Shine
Common | Longer fur, Custom Tail
Uncommon | Custom Ears
Prompt Response: Are they afraid of death?
No. With death, only your earthly body leaves. You live on in other ways, in the objects you leave behind, in your children, in the memories and stories your loved ones will tell for years to come. Think of death like a tree. Once a tree is felled, in it you can see everything that happened in its lifespan in those inner rings, see how many years they lived. Those who are creative may reuse that tree in valuable objects that use what earth has given them. This can be a table, a sculpture, etc. That tree forever now resides as various forms but it does not change the fact that it was at one time, a tree.

Fixed, my apologies
Last edited by feverfew on Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey y'all | she/her | adult | vet assistant
feverfew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plague-doctor » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:54 am

Username + ID#: plague-doctor 1011201
Kalon Name: Dr. "Doc" Doctor
Standard Design: Without Accessories / With Accessories
Final Design: Without Accessories / With Accessories
Edit List:
[s] Hair, shine, teeth
[u] Pupils
[r] Glow
[nr] Sclera color
Proof of claim: n/a
Prompt Response: His heart may be in the right place metaphorically speaking, but after all the self-experimentation he's done over the years he's not too sure where it went. "Well it's gotta be in here somewhere, don't think I'd be alive otherwise!" In addition to his heart, multiple other essential organs, and his supposed medical license, this kal would probably lose his head too if it wasn't surgically attached to the rest of his mismatched body.

Despite being a bit scatter-brained, this kal is a lot smarter than he lets on. He may be reckless, forgetful, and have no actual training or experience as a proper doctor, but he's never lost a patient, even if he might misplace an organ or limb or two! His continued existence is a medical marvel itself: afflicted with a strange and deadly disease, most medical professionals regarded him as a lost cause, but he decided to take his life into his own paws and has managed to outlive all expectations!

Still afraid of inflicting his condition on others and a little self conscious, it's rare to see him outside of his protective uniform, though for some reason he still refuses to wear shoes (drawing shoes for a kalon was a personal nightmare!) Still, he's got his energy back and is using his second lease on life to help other hopeless cases like himself! In his free time Doc likes hoarding scented candles, potpourri, gardening, and sewing. He hopes to one day be a real doctor but until then he'll just be Doc.
(Sorry for the block of text, I hope this guy is okay but if not I'll do my best to fix him up! Thank you so much for your time!)
plague-doctor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me