Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Art Contest Entry #5: Nassati by gardog

Artist gardog [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Art Contest Entry #5: Nassati

Postby gardog » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 am

This is my 5th entry for AutumnMutt's Art Contest.

(If anyone's wondering why I skipped #4, I didn't. I just did it in a different program. You can find it on their contest page.)

Well, I drew Athena, so, I definitely had to try drawing Nassati! This time I didn't even attempt to draw a lion body (which is why Athena ended up looking like a young lion, I can't draw adult lion bodies for the life of me XD); instead, I did a headshot and then put his symbol on the background, which is the same color as his body. Then I also put a fish in his mouth, because his bio says he likes fish :)

Part of my style is usually giving things fur like you see above, so that part was so satisfying~ <3

By the way, I referenced Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia for some of it (like the nose and mouth shape) because I was trying to make him look more realistic at first, but, as you can see, I went back to his original design somewhat. So, I hope you don't mind the differences between the original and this one :)

Hope you like it~!

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets