snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• multifandom •❄• open & accepting

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• multifandom •❄• open & accepting

Postby bigwig. » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:06 pm

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍

┏────────────────────────────────────┓
┗────────────────────────────────────┛

Cold.
    The first thing you think, as your senses return to you, is that it's bitterly cold. Even if that's normal where you're from, the cold here bites at you as though it loathes your very presence. Surprisingly, you find that you're on the outskirts of a town. Outside of it, there seems to be only frigid forest as far as the eye can see. Snow has fallen heavily over the landscape, and continues to fall as you trek through the streets. Lights are on everywhere - the streetlights are still lit, and every window casts a welcoming glow over the snow outside. The town looks as if it should be full of life, but somehow it is as empty as can be. The only others here are just as lost and confused as you are.

From looking at signs, you can deduce that this town is called 'Snowbrooke'...but what is this place, and why is it so empty? How did it get here? How did you get here? And, perhaps more importantly, how do you get home?

Wait...do you really want to go home? This place is pretty nice, after all. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay here in Snowbrooke for a while...
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 '𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄...❞
Last edited by bigwig. on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• rules

Postby bigwig. » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:45 pm

┏───────────────────────────────────┓
┗───────────────────────────────────┛
    i ) please post all character forms on the discussion thread to be accepted before you start posting here on the main thread.
    ii ) characters from any fandom are allowed, as are ocs. though, if you are going to use a non-fandom character, just be sure you give a thorough description of any powers/abilities they may have.
    iii ) 3-4 sentences per character wherever possible; writer's block is understandable but no one-liners please.
    iv ) please remain polite and respectful towards other roleplayers and allow everyone a chance to be included.
    v ) there is no limit to how many characters you can have at once, so long as you can maintain reasonable post lengths for all of them.
    vi ) please disable signatures on the main thread.
    vii ) please clear any major plot twists/events with me beforehand!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• setting

Postby bigwig. » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:04 pm

𝐢. 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄

Snowbrooke is the cozy-looking little village everyone has appeared on the outskirts of. It appears to have modern technology, but is devoid of computers, phones, or anything that could be used to contact the outside world. Everything works - lights, water, appliances, etc. - but it seems to have no native residents. The streets are lined with unoccupied buildings - mainly numerous shops, restaurants, and townhouses.

Snowbrooke is a strange, distorted, and dangerous place. The town is a trap - it lures you in with its the promise of respite from the cold, but once it has you, it will not let you go easily. The longer you stay, the less you want to leave. If you don't keep your wits about you, you'll start to lose memories - little things at first, then more and more until you forget all about your home, your past, or even who you are. You'll lose track of time - what feels like a one day could be weeks. Eventually, Snowbrooke will have eaten away everything - your free will, your memory, and even your identity. You'll walk through the streets like a zombie, until eventually...well, let's just say there's a reason there aren't any living residents of Snowbrooke.
    It is also difficult to keep track of time in Snowbrooke; because it is permanently winter, the days are very short and the sun seldom rises very high in the sky before sinking below the distant mountains yet again. Those who are strong of will may be able to stay here for months without disappearing while others may only have a week or two.

The town is plagued by strange, ghostly occurrences - many of which you may witness for yourself. Perhaps you'll see an animal which was once there disappear into thin air, a shadow cast by nothing, an object moving on its own, or a monstrous figure moving through the haze of the snow.

𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓

Snowbrooke is surrounded by dense woodland in all directions. It and the town seem to be locked in a permanent state of winter. Many animals inhabit the forest - rabbits, deer, ermine, ptarmigan, owls, ravens, foxes, wolves, and bears are among the creatures you might see in the forest. Shadowy and monstrous figures can also sometimes be glimpsed among the trees - but there's no telling what most of them might be. The soul-sucking curse of Snowbrooke might not take effect out here, but surviving in the woods is incredibly difficult. With deadly cold, little food, and wild animals (or worse) lurking around every corner, the risks weigh heavy.

𝐢𝐢𝐢. ???

No other locations have been discovered yet. Who knows what may be found outside the mysterious town of Snowbrooke?
Last edited by bigwig. on Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• characters

Postby bigwig. » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:11 pm

neo // male // 27 // the matrix // bigwig.
    will graham // male // 34 // hannibal // bigwig.

diluc ragnvindr // male // 22 // genshin impact // molotov

percival // male // 16 // 4 knights of the apocalypse // Ploegy

raquel // female // unknown // code vein // InfectedHau

zuri // female // 24 // n/a // General Chaos

ling yao // male // 18 // fullmetal alchemist // Queen of flames

richard castle // male // 40 // castle // Anne Gable

achlys dade // female // 17 // my hero academia (oc) // ∂αмє υмвяα
Last edited by bigwig. on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 am, edited 8 times in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• status

Postby bigwig. » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:13 pm

┏─────────────────────┓

this thread is...
OPEN !

post all forms on the discussion thread!

┗────────────────────┛
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝟷 i • ➹ i

Postby bigwig. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm

𝟷 ── 𝙽𝙴𝙾
    𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙸 male human the matrix tags: --

Wide snowflakes drifted through the air, swiftly but buoyantly, carried by the harsh wind that sliced through the space between the trees. Amber lights glowed over the white canvas of the snow which was already built up on the ground, over paths through which no footprints weaved. The only sound was the howling of the wind, at least until its monotony was pierced by a sudden, sharp gasp. Frigid air raced into Neo's lungs as he inhaled sharply, as though he'd just surfaced from nearly drowning. When he exhaled, a cloud of vapor danced from his lips, which were already flushed cherry-red from the cold. Cold. Cold was not something he tolerated extraordinarily well. Having lived most of his life in a temperature-regulated pod full of warm fluid which took care of all his bodily functions for him, his body had never truly had to deal with cold. Any extreme temperatures he may have felt inside the Matrix were merely an illusion, posing no real threat to him. He was already shivering. Desperate, he pulled his arms across his chest, trying to pull his clothes even closer to himself. Why the hell was it so cold, anyway? Looking around, he was barely able to take in what he saw. Pitch white everywhere, bathed in golden lights, a black sky above weeping flurries of snowflakes down to the snow-crusted ground. It was freezing. It was snowing? He had to be back inside, then - but how had that happened? He didn't remember going back into the Matrix, or the Construct for that matter. However, it was impossible for him to be outside. This certainly wasn't anywhere inside the ship, and it couldn't have been on the surface; from what he'd been told, the surface of Earth was a barren wasteland uninhabitable for human life. There was no reason for there to be streetlights and buildings where there were no people.

So, he had to be back in the Matrix. But how could that have happened without him knowing about it? He tried to search his dazed mind for his most recent memory, but as soon as he tried to recollect...something strange happened. Remembering felt like trying to listen to a conversation from another room, everything distorted and inaccessible. It was as if his own memories were an ocean inside which he was floundering, unsure of which direction was even up. The wind seemed to snarl at him, billowing hard all of a sudden, bare twigs scraping together in the boughs of the trees to create a sound like whispering voices layering over one another. But then clarity came; from the sea of indistinguishable thoughts one arose above all others, letting everything else fall into place around itself. It was the last thing he remembered. He'd been on the Neb - laying in bed, actually, hovering in that void between sleep and waking consciousness. He must have fallen asleep at some point, then; but, if he'd been jacked in, someone would've had to move his body without waking him. It felt unlikely, but he supposed it could be possible. Was he simply still dreaming? No, no - dreams didn't feel like this. This was too vivid to be merely a product of his own imagination. The wind and the rustling of the trees quieted down now, as though cowed by his remembering. He couldn't stand here all day (or night?) wondering, though. He had to do something. At the very least, he had to get inside. Even if this wasn't real, the cold could still kill him. The snow crunched beneath his boots and he sank down a few inches. The snow was still fresh, apparently. He kept following what he assumed was a footpath, but it was also covered in snow and there were no footprints to be seen. The roads were empty as well, not even any cars parked next to the sidewalk. That was strange, even for the Matrix.

A phone. He needed to find a phone. Then maybe he could get out of here. It wasn't a guarantee, but it was his best chance.

── 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
    𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙸 male human hannibal tags: --

Will was awake. Awake, but not really aware. His eyes were following the snowflakes as they raced towards the ground, but he was not reacting. It was cold, yes, but he almost didn't feel it. Not because he was wearing a coat and a heavy flannel shirt; it was still cold despite the way he was dressed. It just...didn't feel real. It seemed like a dream. Had he once again lost connection with reality, drifted into a strange place between what was true and what was false? He had been there before, and there were ways in which this felt similar to those experiences. Yet, there were also ways in which it was quite different. Had he sleepwalked all the way into town, then? No...he was dressed. If he'd been sleepwalking, he wouldn't have bothered to put on clothes and shoes while he wasn't conscious. He remembered...no, he didn't; his memories were like a shattered mirror, countless fragments each reflecting only a part of the whole picture. As if on cue, something howled - the wind, or an animal? It was low and guttural and seemed to be coming from every direction at once. Will shook his head, but the sound didn't go away, and the strange fogginess didn't leave either. How had he gotten here? He'd been back at home, letting his dogs outside, when a strange sound had alerted him - similar to the one howling around him now, but clearer, higher-pitched, more like a pained wail. It had almost sounded like a dog. Feeling wary but concerned, he'd stepped off the porch and headed towards the sound. It had faltered and then rose again, sounding even more piercing this time, and somehow closer. Will had picked up his pace and run toward it now, past the dogs milling about in the snow.

Then...he had gotten lost. But he hadn't even gone that far. The world had just...seemed to change. It was like he had stepped from his waking life into a dream, where everything was ephemeral and impermanent and not quite the way it was supposed to be. And somehow...he'd come out the other side...here. Where was here? It was a town, sure, but not one he recognized. And, on top of that, something was...wrong. Gravely wrong. At first, he didn't realize why, but it didn't take long for him to deduce what was at the core of it: this place was completely empty. It was nighttime, sure, but even then... There were no cars. Not any driving, not any inert. There were no people. There was no noise - save for the wind whistling and yowling. Will was on the outskirts of town, from what it looked like, but even then it was still eerily silent. He took a few steps through the snow, very familiar with the way it felt to step through fresh snow. It often snowed back home in Virginia. Back home...yeah, back home. He couldn't have been anywhere near his home. He didn't know why, but he was sure it wasn't there. Soon he was able to see shop fronts, bright lights still glowing behind the windows. Signs were on, as if someone should have been there, but nobody was. Again, it felt...unreal. But Will's delusions, the times when he had fallen through the barrier that separated his imagination from reality, they were often violent and visceral. This was frightening in a more abstract sort of way, a lingering emptiness that made one feel inconsequential, almost nonexistent. Everything in his mind was telling him this was wrong, that he should be afraid, that he should try to leave as soon as possible even if it was dangerous to be out in the wilderness alone. Then something seemed to wash over him, a calming feeling like the warm yellow glow of the streetlights. The wind softened, the snowflakes fell slower, as if trying to placate him.

He wasn't in danger. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Opening his eyes again, he saw the empty streets and his brain rejected the calm that had overcome him. No, he was in danger. The wind kicked up as if in protest, and Will heard a bird - a crow or a raven - take off somewhere nearby with an angry yawp.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: snowbrooke's curse v2.0 •❄• multifandom •❄• open & accep

Postby General Chaos » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:21 pm

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
Z U R I
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
[Female] [Halfbreed||Snow Leopard] [Loc ; Snowbrooke] [About] [Tags ; open]

Zuri cupped her hands around her mouth, giving a gentle blow. She felt her warm breath wrap around her fingers and run down her wrists, giving her a moment of warmth before snapping back to reality. Don't get her wrong, she loves the cold and everything involved with cold. This cold however, this cold was different. Zuri had never felt a cold like this before. It penatrated even the thickest of skin, and felt like small needles dancing across her muscles. With a small shiver she shoved her hands in her pockets and let her eyes wander. She had stumbled into such a cute little town, but she hadn't noticed anyone besides herself since she arrived a few hours ago. This was a bit odd to Zuri, because lights were on and she could see smoke coming out of chimneys. Everything was working, but the town was deserted. The fresh snow squealed beneath her feet as she walked, passing windows of abandoned houses. A small cabin came into view, standing alone at the edge of town. Now shivering, Zuri moved towards it all while looking for any sign of life.
    The cabin creaked as she stepped up onto the small balcony, almost beckoning her inside. She held her breath as she knocked, praying someone...anyone would open the door. Minutes passed, and the sigh the escaped Zuri formed a small cloud in the cold air. She leaned slightly to the left, peeking inside a frosted window into the cozy cabin. The warm glow of a fireplace finally pushed Zuri into action. She swung the door open quietly and stepped inside, immediately hit by the warmth of the fire. She almost sprinted towards it, collapsing on the floor Infront of it and taking in every bit of heat she could. Normally, she would hate fire and do everything she could to avoid it. But there was something about this place, something about this snow ... It was too cold for her. She glanced outside with furrowed brows, pondering this as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

- 1 hour later -

Zuri slowly woke, stretching out on the rug that laid beneath her. The fire had burnt out, and the cold of outside had seeped it's way into the cabin. She got up and made her way to the front window, looking outside once more hoping to see any sign of people. She felt like she was going insane, in a town without people. She shook off the thought and proceeded to go outside. There had to be people, she just had to find them. With a determined huff she shoved her hands back into her pockets and made her way back into the heart of the town. She was going to find people ... She had to.
General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:03 am

Raquel||Female||Revenant||Code Vein||Tagged: Open
    Raquel hated the cold. As far as she could remember, she always had. She couldn't feel it anymore, but she still didn't like it, which implied that she'd hated it even when she was human. There was no need for her to draw her blood veil tighter around her sparsely-clothed upper body, but she did so anyways. She had a different veil for when she went into colder climates, but she didn't have it on her at the moment. Again, not that it mattered, but it made her feel better. The placebo effect was strong, even to the undead. Wait, why didn't she have it? If she knew she was coming here, wouldn't she have prepared ahead of time? And where exactly was 'here' anyways?

With a soft click Raquel unhooked her rebreather, watching her breath form small clouds in the frozen air. The air was clean, cleaner even than in Home Base. The revenant took a deep breath, savoring her first taste of miasma-free air. Was it her first? She remembered walking out of the Gaol, with Louis and the others behind her, but after that things got fuzzy. Which was par for the course, she was used to gaps in her memory at this point. She'd probably had to regenerate a few times was all. Besides, she got to take her first breath outside again, so it wasn't all bad. Honestly, this whole place was a breath of fresh air. It was a town, but one that had apparently been spared the Great Collapse. Everything was intact, there wasn't a Thorn of Judgement in sight, even the streetlights were on. It was a far cry from the bombed-out ruins she spent most of her time in, and if she had any memory from before the Collapse she might have felt nostalgic. Of course, any memories she had of that time had been lost to the ages and to multiple deaths, so all she felt now was a sense of calm. This was nice. This was safe.

The Revanant set off into town, suddenly remembering how much she hated walking through snow. Thankfully it wasn't high enough to crest the tops of her boots, but it still slowed her down, which was exactly the sort of thing she preferred to avoid. If she wanted to move slow she'd have worn a heavier blood veil and lugged around one of those massive swords Yakumo liked.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ diluc. 001. ]

Postby molotov » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 am

𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐂 ──────────────────── 𓅓 ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxxxxxxxxxx [ male ] xxx xxx [ human ] xxx xxx [ genshin impact ] xxx xxx [ tags: open ]
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    diluc was rarely thwarted by the elements, no matter what mother nature decided to throw at him, he could brace just about anything - or so he thought. oddly, waking up in a desolate forest blanketed in snow, he found himself taken aback by the bitter bite of the winter air, something about the harsh cold immediately arising a feeling that his presence wasn’t desirable here, the feeling was mutual, he hardly wanted to be here himself, alas, fate had other plans. for a moment, he could only assume he had found himself in dragonspine, lost somewhere in the vast, treacherous snow-capped mountain. it was the closest deduction he could come across for waking up in the formidable cold, how or why he had found himself in the southeastern part of mondstadt was an entirely different conundrum, and yet, upon further observation, more questions than answers blossomed to the forefront of his mind. this wasn’t dragonspine, something about this place was vastly different, far worse. the problems didn’t end there, as he found himself unable to recall the circumstances leading up to this moment, his brain was foggy, a side effect of his time lying in the snow no doubt. had he been kidnapped, left for dead? was this a means to take mondstadts only competent defender away, and attack the city of freedom after he had been disposed of. without him, was he expected to let the fate of his city to fall in the hands of the knights of favonius? their utter incompetence would surely fail in such a feat. he needed to get back as soon as possible - but first thing was first, shelter was imperative for his survival.

the nobleman’s jaw tightened, a shiver running through his body as he lifted himself to his feet, snow crunching with every movement. observing the foreign land, he scanned the snowy floor for evidence; no footsteps traced the ground, the snow that blanketed the landscape was undisturbed, the land all too keen on keeping his arrival to this place a secret. his body felt numb from the cold, he was surprised hypothermia hadn’t taken him by now, just how long had he been lying out in this weather? enough to cover the tracks of possible captors taking their leave. he doubt even the aid of his vision could sustain a proper fire in this cold, shelter was the only viable option. almost on cue, the soft glow of distant lights caught his gaze, and who was he to deny it? it was that or freeze to death, he needed to regain his bearings and get a grasp of where he was. he had questions and this town was the closest thing to an answer, once the weather subsided he could get a better grasp of what he needed to do in order to return to mondstadt swiftly and effectively. he neared with caution, the unfamiliarity keeping the vigilante on guard, he kept his hand lowered at his side, ready to summon his claymore at any given moment if a threat chose to present itself. the wind picked up, whirling through the trees and howling like the eerie cry of a banshee, if not for the sickly breeze, diluc realized the whole place would’ve been deathly silent, the town itself was completely deserted and yet the glow of lights would’ve stated otherwise, as if an entire bustling town had left in a hurry, it was a surreal thought. diluc forced himself to let out a steady breath, a lazy cloud of vapor rising from his lips, outwardly composed, despite the feeling of unease that creeped up his spine like a serpent. something was gravely amiss here, diluc slowed his pace, his eyes narrowed as he examined the vacant set of buildings, he didn’t have a choice in the matter, he could only continue and approach with vigilance.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 pm

[Ling Yao - male - human-based homunculus - tags: open]
As he opened his eyes and saw the snowflakes falling to his face, he felt excited. He has from a warm place, so seeing this much snow made his brains go overdrive with curiousness, but the reality hit him soon as he fall to the wet, cold, and white snow pile. He looked up to the sky and touched the snow under his bare hands 'oi Greed? Are you there? oooiii?!' he thought speaking with the homunculus he shared his body with ' oh great...so now you're silent when you don't need to be...Greed...are you still alive? did the cold kill you?' he kept southing in his mind 'shut up...I can't die, you know that you idiot of a prince...' the mannish voice inside his head answered.

He turned his head to look at the snow-covered forest next to him, seeing some lights showing between the trees a little bit distance 'hmm...am I imagining things... or is there a building there?' he thought getting up to sit blinking his eyes as he took some of the melted snow out of his face 'by the way Greed, any idea where we are?' he made a question for his homunculus side 'no...I don't know...I don't care either...' the voice answered again. He lifted his shoulders 'you always have so much help' he thought to himself as he stood up. almost falling back down when his feet sink into the snow.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me