above the clouds | multifandom rp | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: above the clouds | multifandom rp | o&a

Postby multicurious » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:03 pm

ZERVILIRIH
    ─────────────────────── ──────────────────────
    [ fandom. istaria ] [ tagged. xiao xingchen | mentioned: n/a ] [ location. hingfil chain ]

─────Reklar was not going to fall easily.

─────Slowly, the weariness tugging at Zervilirih’s body began to wear off. She grew faster and more determined, until eventually she was able to unfurl her wings and give them a massive heave. Rising into the sky until she was confident the wind could carry her, letting it guide her gently along the current. Floating islands rose up all around her, letting her marvel at their sheer size. They were not unheard of in Istaria, but floating islands of this magnitude would possibly be beyond even a Fiend’s dreams. She couldn’t help thinking of Akhanis, and how the bitter old Fiend’s eyes would bug upon seeing this place.

─────Just as Zervilirih was prepared to search for the others in a different area, she heard a voice. Human in nature. While she couldn’t make out what was said, she was able to spot the lone figure below, wandering away in a straight line. She descended, doing her best to land softly behind them. Whether or not she was successful may be decided by the cloud of dust being stirred up by her wings, or the birds chattering at her in irritation as they abandoned their perches. The dragon watched them go before she returned her attention to the stranger, head tilted in curiosity. Zervilirih didn’t pretend to totally understand the ways of the naka’duskael in Istaria, but this man’s appearance was very different compared to the humans she faced everyday.

─────“Greetings, naka,” She finally spoke, inclining her head in a polite nod as she knew humans to do. “You are the first I’ve seen since awakening. I assume you are also not here of your own volition?”
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aegis [ 002 ]

Postby Ploegy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:51 am

Mythra / Pyra!!
      xxxfemale five-hundred+ years old xenoblade chronicles 2 location: hingfil chain tagged: lucemon
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Walking in silence for a few moment, Mythra slowly became agitated that she was finding nothing. There were no others and no path that clearly led her forward. It was a predicament she hated to find herself in and one that wouldn't have occurred if she were in Alrest. Sure, her knowledge was outdated, but she had come to learn each titan rather quickly during her adventure with Rex and the others. Learning this place would take time, but her time was far too valuable. Again the thought of her companions being trapped in the Land of Morytha crossed her mind and put a scowl upon her lips. Curling her hands into fists, she let out a sharp growl of frustration. As quickly as such came, Pyra came to calm her other half.

Mythra, calm yourself, came the soothing voice of the fire aegis. Despite the way she spoke, Mythra couldn't find herself to settle so easily. Such behavior was something the other personality had become quite used to dealing with though. While usually she would let it run its course, she couldn't afford to let it happen here when they were on their own, especially now that she could sense a presence nearby. You need to get it together. Someone is approaching. These last words acted as a warning for the blonde and were able to quickly able to draw her from the negative thoughts and back to her current reality.

Turning slightly, Mythra's eyes began searching the area with the utmost speed. Had Pyra lied to her? She couldn't pick out in nearby figure on the ground approaching them. That was when the figure in the sky finally caught the corner of her eye and instantly they shot to it. Locking on to the other, the aegis' brown eyes narrowed. Studying the figure, there was very little she could make out at first, but this other oddly reminded her of the artificial blades that had been created in mass quantity back in Mor Ardian. Despite the similarities, it was still clear to Mythra that there was no need for immediate action to be taken. The wings of this other were the defining feature that set them apart or at least at a distance they were. They were far larger than the ones the blades had and far more in numbers as well. Plus they were white unlike the ones the blades usually had. For now she could relax a little, though she had no plans of immediately acting friendly towards this other.

It was only a moment longer before she heard the other call out to her. The words that came from its mouth felt strange to her, only because she wasn't sure she could call herself a hero. Others around her might say differently of her, but she certainly didn't feel the part. She caused far too much destruction to consider herself fitting of the role, yet she supposed she did take on the job of a hero, though she'd argue Rex was more so the hero than she was. Before she could yell out her answer though, the other was already approaching, allowing her to get a better look at them. Admittedly, now that she could see them up close, she could dismiss the thought of them being an artificial blade entirely. It was clear that they were of flesh unlike the blades, but she certainly hadn't seen a being much like them. Even among the blades she had met, there wasn't one that looked like this and here was no species of life on Alrest that was quite like it either. She supposed that was to be expected of the multiverse, whatever that might even be.

Dismissing her thoughts, Mythra allowed herself to focused. Lucemon was clearly friendly. The smile and cheerful tone were enough to hint at that. In a way it reminded the aegis of Rex. He too would probably be acting in such a manner if he were to be here. She couldn't say she liked being greeted by such though. While she may have grown fond of her driver, she would never openly admit it. Pushing the thought of him aside, the blade's face remained neutral as she placed a hand on her hip and prepared herself to speak. "I suppose you could call me a hero," she finally replied, keeping her voice rather blunt. "But yes, I was pulled here like you, if that is what you're asking, and I cannot say I'm too thrilled about it." Unlike her previous words, these ones hinted at clear annoyance. This was accompanied with her brows creasing and a slight wrinkle of her nose as well.

As her annoyance became apparent, the thought crossed her mind that this other was looking for others to team up with like the voice before had suggested. How unlucky for her that she had been found. Sure, she had somewhat been looking herself for others, but she couldn't say she actually wanted to find someone, let alone some cheerful, child-like being. Making friends wasn't something she planned on doing. It was only then that Pyra's voice finally cut in again, You should ask if they saw a path forward. If they were in the sky maybe they could guide us in the right direction, even if you don't want to work with someone else.

Pyra did have a point and as much as she hated admitting that she was right, Mythra knew she had to take her advice. "Let me cut straight to the chase," the blonde began. "Did you see some path towards the island in the center of this place? I want to get there as quickly as possible and get this whole ordeal taken care of so I can get back home."
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Xiao Xingchen [2]

Postby Zaperrex » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:57 am

Xiao Xingchen | Male | Mo Dao Zu Shi | Hingfil Chain | Tags: Zervilirih
    The flapping of massive wings overhead had Xiao Xingchen drawing his sword long before whatever it was descended. His brows furrowed, not just at the sign of a potential threat, but from the sinking feeling that he might be rather far from home after all. He spun around as the beast landed behind him, waiting for an attack that did not come. Instead, he heard a feminine voice, speaking with courtesy.

Some kind of yao? After a beat, he lowered his sword. He was still wary, but he also knew that it was best not to offend such creatures without reason.

He bowed, hands clasped in front of him. "Greetings, miss." He really wasn't sure what to address this creature as—aside from being winged and huge, he didn't even know what she looked like—but hopefully, she would be amused rather than offended if he'd missed his mark. "Indeed, I woke up here not too long ago, after having gone to sleep somewhere else entirely. Do you happen to know anything about where we are?"
Last edited by Zaperrex on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zaperrex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timoria » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:31 pm

🌓Lucemon || Agender || Digimon || Tag:Mythra/Pyra🌗

As the digimon descended, it was able to get a better look at the woman in front of it. She was quite sharp, her eyes locked onto the digimon quickly. Lucemon could almost feel itself being scanned. Of course, the angel was doing the same. Upon closer inspection, she definitely had an aura of strength about her. Lucemon was sure she wasn’t a digimon and she looked human enough but no human as far as the angel knew had that much natural strength. She was giving the boy quite the piercing look over as well. It couldn’t tell if she was just being cautious or already disliked the digimon. Either way, the answer would come soon enough as she replied.

A bit surprised by the rather blunt tone, the edge of Lucemon’s smile twitched as it attempted to keep up the act. “Hehe, yeah, I want to get home too.”The angel chuckled awkwardly and quickly made up a response, choosing not to directly address her tone. It had expected since no one would have known of it before, the respect it would usually receive would not be so easily given. Still, hearing just how blunt and obviously annoyed she was threw Lucemon off a little. Thankfully her annoyance seemed to be aimed more so at their current predicament rather than at Lucemon itself. Thinking it over, whoever had done this had basically kidnapped them. The green and gold woman had good reason to be upset, especially since she probably wouldn’t have much to gain from this like the scheming angel did.

Just as Lucemon started to question their kidnapper’s intentions the woman asked it about a path toward the center island. Well, she was quick to the point. Lucemon put a hand over its mouth, making a show of mulling the question over. Truthfully, it was trying to recall exactly what it had seen on the way over. “Hmmm, well unless you can fly, and far, I don’t think it’s gonna be that easy.” Lucemon replied truthfully, this country, or whatever it was, seemed a bit too big to simply fly toward the center. The angel could definitely sense the supposed dark lord but the feeling seemed relatively distant. Not to mention, even if it was confident, flying in blindly probably wasn’t a great idea. Suddenly, Lucemon remembered spotting something, “Ah! I did see something interesting on my way over. There’s a little clearing over that way,” Lucemon pointed towards the south, “It kind of looked important! Maybe we could head over there?” It didn’t hurt to look, that clearing was the only other thing that caught the angel’s eye.

Lucemon looked at the woman expectantly, an innocent smile still on its face. ‘We’ was the key word here. If she agreed it would definitely be a good sign. A strong asset was always welcome. While Lucemon regained its strength she could be an amazing bodyguard. Could this day possibly get any better? The angel couldn’t help but be excited for the future ahead.
Timoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Egg With Legs » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Urist & Glymstock Gurdmann - Both Male - Warhammer - Hingfil Chain - Tags: Reagan Corus

Urist groggily woke in the relative comfort of his hammock with a yawn, stretching as much as the cramped space would allow him. Rolling out of the hammock, he stumbled over to his rig’s charging station, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. He couldn’t remember the last time that he had slept for that long, and was regretting the dull wits and strange dreams it brought about. Something about a woman, and some Chaos twisted lord who had taken her lands? He’d heard stories of Arkanauts going a bit mad during long stays in the skies, but he doubted that a month in the skies tracking a Purple Sun could cause such. Especially when said dream was so banal compared to some of the things he’d heard.

Arriving before the glass tube containing his Aether-Rig, he pulled down on lever next to the glass’s steel housing, sending the glass receding into the ceiling. Putting on the suit was practiced routine; suit, boots, gloves (check seals), chestplate & ingot-harness, all with a speed and efficiency that belied his sleepiness. Finishing by securing his helm, he made his way to the door to the main deck, twisting the lock open and pushing it wide...

To be met by a forest of verdant trees.

He took a moment to stare at the baffling sight, turning left and right to double check what he was seeing. Now wide awake, he scrambled as fast as he could to the Deb Nar's wheel. He felt like he should've been more surprised that Glym was asleep at the wheel, but at this moment he was too concerned with their current predicament. Quickly he rushed over to his brother and shook him, Glym waking with started grunt.

"Wha-" whatever response was on Glym's lips died as he took stock of where their ship was. He exchanged a brief glance with his brother, before giving a nod, before pulling the rip cord of his Aether-Endrin, causing it to sputter to life and lifting him into the air. With a twist of his heels, he shot up into the air, trailing smoke behind him as he beheld the area around him. Meanwhile, Urist scrambled among the struts of the frigate, instruments in hand as he scanned each of the skyships Endrins for leaks.

Meanwhile, if a certain Lancer traveled towards the plume of smoke, and the humanoid creating it as it dips back below the trees, she would find a small trail of broken trees, ending in the Deb Nar, resting relatively undamaged on a bed of smashed trunks

(oh god why are starters so hard)
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:17 am

ZERVILIRIH
    [ fandom. istaria ] [ tagged. xiao xingchen | mentioned: n/a ] [ location. hingfil chain ]

─────Zervilirih was surprised to see cloth covering the eyes of this man, signifying his blindness. With the way he moved and anticipated, she would have never guessed it. He must be an impressive warrior indeed, proven by the fact the goddess deigned to bring him here. He had a very calm, if cautious, and respectful demeanor. That kind of behavior would go a long way with the dragons back home, especially among the elders in Chiconis. “I have a similar story.” Zervilirih remarked grimly, thinking back on the battle with the traitorous general. She briefly wondered if the Gifted managed to turn the tide in her absence.

─────At his query, Zervilirih gave another look to their surroundings and shook her head with a contemplative hum. “I fear not,” She replied. “This place is like nowhere I’ve visited before. Small floating islands are not unheard of in my world, but none quite as high as these… or as large.” Looking back at the stranger, she was suddenly struck by the thought that he must be thinking of her along the same lines. When introducing herself to naka-duskael--humans in particular--it was common for her to inform them of her Helian loyalties, if only to assure them she wouldn’t eat them outright. But she had a feeling such an introduction wouldn’t have quite the same effect here.

─────“My name is Zervilirih, of Istaria.” She decided to say, figuring that telling him where she was from was as good as anything else she could do.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:25 am

Reagan Corus||Female||Lancer||Hingfil Chain||Tagged: Urist and Glymstock
    A puff of smoke caught Reagan's eyes, at the same time her sensors pinged an energy signature. It wasn't one she recognized, but it was the best lead she'd had since waking up. Following the signature led to a wide swath of destroyed forest, and the strangest ship she'd ever seen resting in the middle of it. It was roughly the size of an interplanetary runabout, but she'd never seen a runabout that was open-topped. It struck her as a uniquely short-sighted design flaw, there was no way to get such a craft out into space, and what was the point of something that could only fly in-atmosphere? A pair of small propellers mounted rearward of the vessel seemed to be its sole means of propulsion, but they didn't look like they'd be strong enough to even get it off the ground, much less move it through the sky. The final mystery lay in the trio of bulbous attatchments that were suspended above the craft, bedecked with vents and pipes leading into the central cabin. She couldn't fathom their purpose, or why they were mounted in such a strange manner. Quite frankly, the only thing that wasn't a mystery about the craft were the three gun barrels mounted on the front. Why anyone would mount weapons on a ship this size was beyond her, though, especially when it was confined to the atmosphere. You couldn't even use it for asteroid mining, why not just use a mech instead of whatever this was?

The Lancer pushed her technical curiosity down for a moment, focusing instead on the fact that this thing had obviously crashed here. It didn't look damaged too much, which made sense if it was as slow as it looked, and there were two dots on her motion tracker as well. Presumably the crew, and the origin of the smoke. Reagan slowly reached up and unlimbered her gravity gun, though she kept her finger off the trigger. Best to approach this diplomatically, but she wasn't about to let whoever this was think she wasn't carrying a big stick. They were ostensibly supposed to be working together, but they also could have not gotten the memo.

Two soft thumps sounded on either side 1001's minelayer array, followed by two blips on either side of Reagan's vision as her mesmer charges deployed and armed themselves in the undergrowth around her. Nonlethal would probably be the way to go here, in case they weren't hostile. Plus, she could pick these back up again if she didn't need them, she didn't want to waste printer stock just yet. "Yo," she called out, stepping out into the clearing, "anybody in there? You guys alright?"
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Xiao Xingchen [3]

Postby Zaperrex » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:34 am

Xiao Xingchen | Male | Mo Dao Zu Shi | Hingfil Chain | Tags: Zervilirih
    "We're on a... floating island?" It sounded like something out of a story. He almost wanted to reject it as absurd, but why would anyone lie about that? Perhaps such a thing was feasible through some kind of array? An array that could lift an entire island into the sky, and a sizeable one by the sounds of it... Well, the mechanics of it weren't important right now. "Then that voice... Did you hear it too? It said something about going to a center island. And defeating a dark lord." If it was real, then... The way the message had described it, the journey ahead did not sound easy, but it seemed straightforward enough—and yet, he had thought the same thing of the Yueyang Chang case back then. The Xiao Xingchen of that time would have accepted such a task in a heartbeat. The Xiao Xingchen of now... still could not and would not refuse such a thing, though it certainly dragged up some complicated feelings.

He wondered what this dark lord was like. He couldn't help but imagine something along the lines of the stories people told of the Yiling Patriarch, founder of demonic cultivation, though Xiao Xingchen had not yet descended from the mountain when he was still alive.

Zervilirih. A name unlike any he'd ever heard before, but then again, he'd never met a creature like this Zervilirih before. He tilted his head up in the direction of the voice and offered a smile. He had to admit, although there were many tales about sly and deceiving yao, so far, Zervilirih seemed reasonable and even polite. He couldn't help but warm up towards her. "My name is Xiao Xingchen. I'm sorry if this is rude, but... what are you, exactly?"
Zaperrex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:55 pm

ZERVILIRIH

─────“Yes, the voice came to me in something akin to a dream,” Zervilirih replied, contemplating the memory of the goddess’s message. As for the dark lord, there was only one person that came to mind, regardless of how impossible it seemed. Torrin Macalir, founder and leader of the Withered Aegis, the endless horde of undead trying to destroy all of the Living Races. She knew that it was impossible for the necromancer to be here of all places, but Zervilirih could not help the tremor of unrest deep in her heart. “It’s a disturbing idea that such evil could be permeating this place. I wonder what obstacles we will face on our journey to the center.”

─────“Well met, Xiao Xingchen,” She nodded in response to his introduction, feeling a flicker of mild amusement at his next question. “No apologies are necessary. I am a child of Drulkar, a dragon. And I would welcome your company in these unfamiliar lands, if you would have me.” Zervilirih figured it would be beneficial to both of them to stick together, at least until they were able to find other displaced heroes. Besides, Xiao Xingchen seemed a very capable and worthy ally to have.
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aegis [ 003 ]

Postby Ploegy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:32 am

Mythra / Pyra!!
      xxxfemale five-hundred+ years old xenoblade chronicles 2 location: hingfil chain tagged: lucemon
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Ignoring the digimon's words of also wanting to go home, Mythra listened to what else it had to say. From the way they spoke, it would be impossible for her to make it to the center island quickly. She supposed she should have expected as much. The same had been true with her own travels back home and if this place was even remotely similar to Alrest then traveling about would prove to be a task in itself. How annoying. Nothing could ever be easy. Yet again she should have anticipated as much. The situation was rather dire and a goddess had failed to protect her land. If she was being honest, she wasn't even sure if a goddess was powerful or not given she had never heard the term used, but given how the woman seemed to have been in a position of great importance, Mythra assumed that she was something akin to the Architect back home. It was strange to think a being like that would live among her people though. That thought wasn't one she could linger on long though. She still needed to figure out her path forward since flying wasn't an option. Given Lucemon's other statement, it seemed her only choice was to investigate the clearing up ahead.

At the mention of it, the aegis' gaze moved in its direction. At first nothing seemed out of the ordinary to her, but after a moment of staring, she noticed a faint glow off in the distance. What exactly was causing the glow was something she could not tell, but perhaps the other was right about there being something of importance there. However, she had no plans of simply tagging along with them even if the voice from before had spoken of joining forces with others. She had no reason to trust any of the others. Before she could even speak her thoughts on the matter though, Pyra decided to make a plea of her own. You can't just turn away everyone here. Even with our strength we don't know what we're truly up against or if we'll even be at our full strength without Rex nearby.

Her other personality did make a good point as much as she hated to admit it. There was no telling just how strong this dark lord was going to be or if she was even at her full strength without Rex. Actually, she figured the latter was true, given that she wouldn't be able to reach her true form without the boy's presence. Still, she doubted Pneuma was necessary. Even without the strength of Pneuma though, Mythra supposed she was actually weakened unlike Pyra. Without Siren to help with her own attacks, her offense would be in a weakened state. That wouldn't stop her. Even at a disadvantage, the aegis planned to find a way to make things work for herself without relying on others.

"Look, you can do whatever you want. I'm not here to work with others," the blade stated as she turned away from Lucemon. At those words, the blonde could hear Pyra's frustration. It came as no surprise to her, but she wouldn't let the other sway her own decision. As much as she respected her other half, she knew that Pyra was far too kind hearted and would work with anyone that showed some kindness towards them. Now wasn't the time to fall for such things though. They needed to move quickly and others would only slow them down. That was how Mythra thought at least. Pyra was quite the opposite, but thankfully, the other blade wasn't the one currently in control and there wasn't much she could do unless she forced Mythra to give up control. Such a task wouldn't be easy and Pyra was well aware of such, thus she simply had to let Mythra have her way for the time being.

As Pyra quieted down, Mythra was finally able to gather her thoughts as she finally moved forward towards the clearing. Admittedly, she half expected the other to follow after her even despite her coldness. What would she do in such a situation? She wasn't even sure, but it wasn't as if she could stop them. In a way Pyra would probably get what she wanted and if that did happened, then she could be the one to deal with it, but until then the blonde would stay in control.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me