[어울리는 우상 - Becoming an Idol] - [OPEN and ACCEPTING]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: [어울리는 우상 - Becoming an Idol] - [OPEN and ACCEPTING]

Postby Firefly_Dreamer » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:59 am

Ki-Tae nodded in agreement with Einna. She really liked the song and was grooving to it when the video had played. "So, lets give ourselves an hour to roughly learn these dances. We can use our phones and headphones and work all at the same time that way, then we can watch to see how it's coming along." She suggested.

She waited for the other girls' opinions on how they should approach this.

WC: 73
TWC: 7973

[Gri-Na gets a +3 to stats]
[Sorry for such a short post. You guys can go ahead and start dancing, I'll join up after you guys start. I've been a little busy with working on myself and yeah ^^]
Firefly_Dreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:38 am

Gri-Na nodded slowly. Whilst she liked the song and the overall vibe, the choreography seemed a bit too short. "Einna, that's a great song and all," her eyes widened and nodded, "No, seriously, I enjoyed it. However... the dance doesn't seem long enough. Do you think you can create a choreography for the rest of the song?" She said with concern. It would be a challenge but Gri-Na knew Einna was fierce and determined. She carried on speaking, "Of course I will help you — don't worry about my dance. I mainly know the routine to it, but I just need to make sure it's polished".

As well as listening to the other girls' inputs, Gri-Na walked over to her bag and rummaged through her belongings for her phone and wireless earbuds. She put one earbud in at a time, tilting her head whilst doing so and was grateful that she bought the earbuds earlier that year. They were so much better for dancing with, and over the years, wired earphones have grown to be troublesome. With her phone in one hand, Apple Music open, Gri-Na turned back to the others. "What's the plan then?"

WC: 195
TWC: 3,335

[It's all good! Don't worry. :-)]
Seall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єℓσqυєи¢є » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:37 am

"Ah really? You think so?" Einna said when Gri-Na revealed her concerns. "Hm, it might seem short if everyone will be doing full song choreography. However, even if I do create a choreography for the whole song, the second half might seem choppy or sub-par compared to what Galen Hooks made..." she contemplated the pros and cons. "Huh... I think I'm going to focus on learning the dance first, and see if I have time left over. Plus, I don't know if the dance will look good in flats, I might have to perform in heels..." Einna had become anxious about the whole ordeal again. How could she do all of this in one day?

Einna was comforted by Gri-Na's words. "Thank you," she said genuinely, grateful to have such supportive and positive friends. Although Einna was told she was bubbly and friendly, she actually had a pessimistic view on life and had to hide it behind a smile. But with Ki-Tae and Gri-Na, Einna had a feeling that no matter how many times she moped or doubted herself, they wouldn't judge her or force her into a box.

"We're splitting off to learn our dances right?" Einna answered Gri-Na's question. She nodded at what Ki-Tae had to say. "Good idea! I'll go take the right side by the windows, if thats ok with you guys. I think I'll watch the River video a few times before attempting the choreography myself. Anyways, good luck! Fighting!" She gave her friends a thumbs up before moving her stuff to the bottom right corner.

Before she did anything, Einna started stretching. She suddenly thought back to her modern dance teacher, Ms. Schroeder, who would always say if you don't warm up your muscles before dancing, they'll snap! Einna wasn't sure how truthful that statement was, but she didn't want to take any chances. She worked from head to toe, starting with stretching her neck, then arms, waist, and legs. For good measure, Einna did various yoga poses such as downward dog and bird of paradise. What's with all the animal names? Einna said to herself while stretching. Soon enough, her muscles were warmed up and she was ready to dance.

Einna took her Macbook out of her backpack and opened the Youtube video. It was easier to track the dance moves on a large screen, plus her phone battery was about to die. She took out her airpods and pressed play. The first time, Einna paid attention to the rhythm of the music, and tapped her finger to the beat. The second time, Einna shifted her gaze to the woman dancing, and noted her use of the floor space. On the third and final time, Einna concentrated on the specific dance moves and positions she would have to be in.

By now, Einna had a general gist of the dance. Let's work on the intro, and stop after the... smoke gesture? haah part? Einna said to herself. Never mind. It's been ten minutes already— I can't afford to waste anymore time. Einna connected her airpods to the Spotify website on her Mac, and took her starting position.

WC: 596
TWC: 6500

[No problem Firefly! I'll be having Einna learn the dance in my next post, so we can all come back at the same time.]
[Also I'd like to roll 1 stat die and 1 weight die please!]
єℓσqυєи¢є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefly_Dreamer » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:18 pm

Ki-Tae rested only momentarily before digging through her backpack for her cellphone and a pair of wireless earbuds to use so as to not distract the other trainees from their work. She took the center spot, seeing as Einna had taken the window spot already eager to get started.

Ki-Tae put on the song, watching the video intently. First was a dip on the ground, then confident walk, then hips. It took her two watches to notice the boy in the video and his intense and focused glare. It seemed as if he was boring into her soul already. Guys like that just made her heart flutter and she couldn't help it. She watched the first group in the video over and over, barely able to break her focus from that young man.

Okay so, pose, "Mmmmm.... I ain't tryna, I ain't tryna, I ain't tryna" Dip, and straight legs arched back, back up. Ki-Tae felt very off-key trying to strut forward and feign her confidence. "Yo, Ain't tryna be cool like you" Hips 1, 1, 1, and 2.

It seemed simple enough, but Ki-Tae was struggling with the bravado and getting her hips high enough. It was already bad that she didn't pick up on dances fast, at least when being taught.

Before she knew it, over an hour had passed. She hadn't been keeping track of the time and she was just barely before the chorus of the song. She didn't have it polished or anything, but she was growing hungry and regretting her decision not to eat earlier. Her food would still be warm, luckily. Her hunger was what made her check the clock. The others were likely so focused they had lost track of time as well. If they hadn't, Ki-Tae hadn't noticed.

WC: 297
TWC: 8270

[Ki-Tae gets a + 1 to stats]
[Einna gets a +3 to stats and a - 4 to weight]
Firefly_Dreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:56 am

Gri-Na nodded over to Einna, "Good luck to both of you as well!" She made a fist with her hand and held it as she walked away, saying in a positive tone, "We got this!"

She made her way over to her duffle bag, unzipped it and took out her large iPad. Whilst it was pretty cumbersome, it was perfect for dance practices. Crouching over it, Gri-Na opened YouTube and typed in 'TWIT — Hwa Sa dance practice'. Already, Gri-Na felt confident that she knew the dance — just not as perfectly as she used to, since it's been a couple of years since she learned it. 'At least I get a head start.' She thought to herself as she got into position. Her plan was to run through it once from memory in order to identify any parts she had to relearn or polish.

After she finished one run of the song, she realised that there were more moves to perfect than she had anticipated. One part Gri-Na found difficult in particular was in the first verse, where she had to bounce whilst crouching. She sat down, looking at the screen and only then she realised that she hadn't stretched. Letting out a sigh, she got back up and started doing all sorts of stretches such as high lunges, pigeon pose and forward folds. 'I can't believe I forgot the most important part. Stretching is fundamental.' Gri-Na reminded herself.

'Right, it's back to work.' She thought as she sat back down, replaying the video and making mental notes of all the precise little moves.

Once a good 10 minutes passed, Gri-Na decided that it was time to execute the choreography. Every time she replayed the video and the part she struggled with before came, she decided to take it easy. 'I'll do it properly tomorrow.' Gri-Na promised herself. The reason why she didn't want to go all out at the time was because her knees felt like they were growing weaker. Was this because she didn't eat as much that day? Perhaps she's overworking herself? Gri-Na shook her head; this wasn't the time to overthink it.

"TWIT, TWIT, TWIT, TWIT. I don't like it. Nobody likes it." She whispered the words along to the music under her breath as she executed the moves: hand rotations, leg kicks, a quick jump and pushing the air away. It had already been an hour and she felt as if she was making progress! Gri-Na didn't fixate on the time for too long as she carried on practising.

WC: 423
TWC: 3,758

[Please may I roll a stat die?]
Last edited by Seall on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єℓσqυєи¢є » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:49 am

[Also marking my post! Will put it up by tomorrow! Take as much time as you need Seall :)]

[Update! Sorry, my post is going to be delayed to Thursday because of my internship. So sorry about that!]
єℓσqυєи¢є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefly_Dreamer » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:58 pm

[Marking my post, take all the time you guys need. I'll remind you guys when a week has passed if you havent posted.]

[I'll roll your stat die when its my turn to post.]
Firefly_Dreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me