A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Kanohi||Female||Elf||Tagged: Everyone, Vivec
    Oh, he was one of those. Kanohi had to fight to keep her eyes from rolling. She'd heard of elves that claimed to hail from before the fifth world, but they were pretty much always either narcissists or crazy. Although if it was going to be true for anyone, it would be that Harlequin guy, and he did kinda have the same... eccentric tastes. Maybe he really was that old. She wasn't sure what a Chimer was, or a Dunmer for that matter, but they apparently meant something to him, and she supposed that was good enough. "A singer," she said, "a famous one. They tend to have weird chrome too, figured you'd be one of them." She had to admit, he was a sight less creepy than the other Immortal she knew. A bit off, maybe, but she supposed that never hurt anyone. "Call me Kanohi, by the way," she said, "In the event that we make it out of here alive, and you need anything stolen from anyone, gimme a call. I don't usually operate outside of Hong Kong, but for the right price I can go wherever you need me." Not that this guy seemed the type to hire runners, but there was no harm in putting herself out there. It would be good to have an Immortal who wasn't completely off his rocker in her corner, considering how much contact she had with one that was.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:37 am

Kris|Male|Deltarune|Tags: Mu
"Oh, you dont have to do that. My name's not that special." Kris smiled at the robot. "But it's your choice, of course. Mu is a nice name. Are you...like um...nevermind, you probably wont know what it is." Kris put the books he was holding down. "Id say we tidied up enough? Maybe we can catch up to the others."
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wormgod » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:40 am

Vivec | Disillusioned god | Tagged: Patches, Kanohi, anyone else who wants it

It was clear that Kanohi was not impressed with him. Vivec understood he was coming off as a bit of a madman, and that was fine. When she offered to steal something for him if they made it out alive, Vivec grinned. He loved all of his people, but there was a special place in his heart for thieves. They were like him: wonderfully chaotic, whip-smart, always one step ahead of their enemies and tough to kill. In his youth, Vivec was one such person and loathed authority and anyone who agreed with it. He had learned to accept the usefulness of rules since then, but still preferred those who ignored them.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Vehk replied, still smiling, “You may call me Vivec. In the past I was Lord Vivec, one third of ALMSIVI, Lord of the Middle Air, the Warrior-Poet, Living God of the Tribunal Temple and Ruler of Morrowind. Now I am Saint Vivec of the New Tribunal Temple, no longer a Living God or a Ruler of Morrowind. My people rule themselves now, although I hope they still hold me in their hearts.”

He paused and looked at Kanohi, wondering how she would take this. He decided to extend the a similar invitation, “If you make it out alive and find yourself on Morrowind, or anywhere with Dunmeri, tell them their Saint extends his blessing to you, and orders the faithful to show generosity as I have shown to my people and to all outlanders. They will help you if you need it.”
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:42 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Kris, anyone

“Yes. Can. ☺️
Don’t know. How. ....Continue. Without. More. Instruction. Anyway.” 🤨

Mu signed tentatively. He had an idea at the moment to prove himself....useless. A poor choice of worker. He couldn’t even read well. He would try his best, but demonstrate his own inadequacy, and maybe that of others, too. Surely this library was reasonable. Most of the Earth-speakers had been until today. Still....what would happen to those who couldn’t be used? If this place was truly malicious, there was no reason not to just...kill them.

“Stay. Close. Stay very very. Close.” 😠 Above all, no danger must come to these people—especially the children.

He rolled off toward where the others were, and soon found them in the immediate distance.
~Jesus loves you btw :D~
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:48 am

Kanohi||Female||Elf||Tagged: Vivec, Mu
    "Sure thing," Kanohi said, confident none of the names the Immortal had mentioned existed anymore. She supposed a thousand years was enough to get anyone a little mixed up. Still, he seemed harmless enough. A shame she couldn't cast magic, though, he probably had a decent pool of arcane knowledge. Maybe if they had time later she could record some stuff, make a few Nuyen that way.

The sounds of wheels and footsteps grew behind them, and out of the corner of her eye Kanohi saw the kid and the water spirit catching up to them. "So does that thing wig you out too?" She asked Vivec. "I mean, I'm not exactly a shaman, but I can't imagine spirits take too kindly to being locked in a cage like that. If it gets loose it could turn on all of us."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:25 am

Kris|Deltarune|male|tags: Mu
"There they are. Lets hurry, this hall gives me the creeps..." Kris walked a bit faster, looking ahead at the other people. 2 other people were whispering. Are they whispering about me? Or Mu? He probably couldn't blame them, both he and the robot looked a bit out of place. All the others seemed to be wearing some sort of armor. He had his regular sweater on. The one Toriel had made him. Kris did get his armor, but he didn't know if he could get it in this place. The armor only came on when he was in the Darkner's world...would it still be there to protect him when he had to fight?
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Kris, Kanohi, Vivec

“Agree.” 😕

Mu rolled close just in time to hear himself being called a....Shaman again. Indeed, this race had never made contact with him before. It was lucky he was as human-looking as he was now.

“Cage? 🧐
Life support. 🙂
If. Leave. Helmet, I die. In minutes. 💀
Cannot. Move. Want. See?” 😋

He signed as he spoke.
It wasn’t terribly relevant to talk about his mech right now, but, Mu believed, there is always time to satiate curiosity. Besides, this might help prove to the library the error of its choices.
~Jesus loves you btw :D~
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 am

Kris|Deltarune|male|Tags: Mu, Patches
"D-Die?" Kris felt lightheaded. He leaned on a bookshelf, steadying himself. "Oh...sorry. I just- Nevermind." Kris let his hair go over his eyes. "It doesn't matter..." he shook his head and walked up to the others. "When do we start, Patches?"
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Egg With Legs » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:39 pm

"Well...suppose it'd be best if I showed ya where you'll be workin"

After that rather cryptic comment, Patches lead the assistants further down the hallway and up the stairs. As they climbed them, however, the stairs seemed to change direction at random. Turning this way and that, suddenly spiraling upward before taking a steep turn downward, and on a few occasions the space between steps shrink and grow.

Eventually, the steps begin to change from wood to...something else. If one were to look, it seems that the steps, seemed to transform into something like books, all pressed together into a surface like polished stone, the only sign of their origin being the occasional couple of pages peeking out from the floor of covers and the faint impressions of words on each of the covers.

Finally, after who knows how long, the stairway finally opens up into a truly gargantuan room. From the stair's exit, a long, wide bridge made of the same books stretches out into the distance, piles of books strewn randomly about both it and smaller bridges branching off from it. These branch bridges stretch out into gigantic stacks of books the size of skyscrapers, twisted at angles that they should collapse at, with the bridges connecting to comparatively small alcoves in each of these stacks. And surrounding them, and forming the walls of the room, are even larger bookshelves, stretching into the darkness above.

After taking a few steps onto the bridge, Patches spins around to face the assistants, a wide smile on his face as he gestures out to the room with his spear

"Friends, welcome to the General Works section!" Placing the spear back on his shoulder, he leans back a bit, his smile switching to a smirk. "Don't suppose any of you happen to be good with putting out fire?"
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wormgod » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:08 am

Vivec | Disillusioned god | Tagged: Patches, Kanohi, Kris, Mu

Vivec turned and looked behind them as the sound of wheels grew louder. The grey Animunculi and the child had caught up with them, and it was clear they heard Kanohi's question. He paused to listen to the machine's slow speech--it didn't seem offended, thankfully--and instead revealed it was a life support system. That made a kind of sense as Mu was clearly some type of fish, but Vehk assumed he would not even attempt to leave the water unless it was safe. Instead, he built a body that allowed him to!

"Fascinating! Did you build the body yourself?" Vehk asked, looking closely at Mu's suit. He had no clue about mechanics, no matter how many times he tried to listen to Sotha Sil's lectures. Mu's suit was certainly advanced. As far as Vivec knew, no one had ever made a mechanical body to survive in lethal environments. That must have taken serious work and probably some powerful magic to make.

And then Patches cut in, and Vivec smiled to Mu and turned around to follow their guide. He led them down a hallway, upstairs and then downstairs and from wooden floors to pseudo-book floors that felt cold and hard under his bare feet. Soon they were led out into a massive room with no clear ceiling. Bookcase after bookcase surrounded them: up, down, left and right, making up even the floor and bridges. Patches announced they had arrived in the 'General Works' section, and Vehk almost smiled. This really was a library, albeit a strange one.

"I usually start fires, but I suppose I can extinguish some." Vivec replied, thinking of his Fire that used to light his head and consume his followers. He knew some frost spells and was half-Dunmer, and the Dunmer were resistant to fire and ash. In a pinch he might be able to use his Water Face for some form of protection, although he wasn't sure if that would work.
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me