🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: 🎣 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 3 left

Postby DetectiveLunar » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:46 am

Madeline Gomez//District 1//Female//A brat//Tagged; Caspia

Madeline smiled at Caspia’s small compliment. She would make sure to thank her for it when they meet again.
Their final battle had finally begun and Madeline found herself having a hard time properly dodging and delivering her attacks. The exhaustion seemed to be taking a toll on her, her body begging her to just sit down. She tried her best to leap out of the way of Caspia’s trident, but she was too slow and her attacks were just as sloppy as her dodges. It wasn’t the best final battle, she had to admit, but she just didn’t want to put it off for too long. Even if her part of the deadly dance was less than mediocre and extremely sloppy at best, it didn’t matter. She just wanted to end this quickly for both them and the remaining tribute.
She jabbed her spear forward and continued to dodge as best as she could. As the battle went on she became even more tired until she was almost completely worn out. She could no longer dodge at all and Caspia didn’t seem as terribly exhausted as she was. She knew what that meant. Caspia had won yet another battle.
She lowered her spear and gave Caspia a curt nod. The battle had finally drawn to an end with Caspia coming out victorious. Madeline wasn’t going to push herself to fight any longer, she knew she would only end up collapsing from exhaustion if she did. Caspia had won fair and square! Madeline would be sure to congratulate her on winning when they meet again, and she wouldn’t forget to give Caspia her own insults! Hopefully, she would have enough time to come up with the most perfect ones while she waited for Caspia to join her and the others! Maybe she’d include some fish-based insults for her friend! Caspia better appreciate those!
DetectiveLunar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎣 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 3 left

Postby honeybee. » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:24 am

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: Camp | Tags: Madeline, Penny
The fight felt like it went on much longer than it actually did. At one point, Madeline's spear pierced the region just beneath Caspia's ribs, almost bringing her to her knees, but she remembered Chaska and his endless determination during their fight and somehow she found the strength to keep going. She kept moving and slashing and stabbing until, much to her surprise, Madeline lowered her spear. Caspia had won once more. "It has been an honour." She spoke through the pain that was rippling through her, and then plunged her trident through another heart.

The moment the cannon fired Caspia dropped her weapon, putting one hand to her side and pulling it away to see her hand stained with red. She moved slowly towards the nearest solid object, a skinny looking tree, and collapsed painfully to the ground, leaning her back against it. It appeared that, despite her win, she wouldn't be going home after all. She wondered whether the final tribute, their probable victor, was nearby but exhaustion and pain blurred her vision. Would they come forward to finish them off, speeding forward their victory, or perhaps out of kindness just to keep her company? Caspia would never ask them to perform the same mercy that the Careers gave to each other. It would be too much to ask, especially if they had managed to keep their hands clean this whole time, but she would appreciate company, and distraction. She had left her trident on the battlefield, at least. A Career that was both wounded and weaponless would be far less intimidating to approach.
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 2 left

Postby rose petals. » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:31 pm

ᑭEᑎᑎY ᔕYᒪᐯEᔕTEᖇ
|female|8|tribute|tags: caspia|

Penny flinched as the next cannon boomed. From her vantage point she could see the other tribute, clearly exhausted. Penny scooped up the quilt and grasped the throwing knife. Slowly, she walked across the distance dividing them, but broke into a run the closer she got. The only other tribute seemed much powerful than her, with bleach blonde hair wavy on one side and shaved on the other, with flickers of green shining through. She looked hurt, but she didn't look worried. Penny admired how calm she was. Penny tried not to look at the bodies around her as she walked over to the final career. "Are you cold?" She asked, inching closer. She found she wasn't scared of Caspia... there was more of a curiosity. Penny smiled and held out the blanket. "Here, take this. Are you cold? This quilt is very special to me but I think it will help bring you some comfort." Penny tucked the edges of the quilt around Caspia's shoulders, and then covered her wound with the thick material. "Is that better?" Penny asked.
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎣 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 2 left

Postby honeybee. » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 am

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: Camp | Tags: Penny
Caspia had closed her eyes, one arm wrapped against her wound and her legs stretched out in front of her, as she waited for sleep to come. Hearing light but rapid footsteps she opened her eyes again to see their victor. The young girl from district 8 was making her way towards her. Caspia gave the girl a tired smile, shifting expression to one that showed just how touched she was when Penny offered up her blanket. She simply nodded, dying was chilly business - her body no longer felt able to regulate its own temperature.
"Thank you," She murmured, as Penny tucked it around her gently, "Such kindness is unexpected at this point, you truly do deserve to win."
Her eyes suddenly focused on the girl in front of her as she remembered the note that was still tucked into her jacket, the promise that had been made back during training. "Could you do just one thing for me?" She asked, her voice suddenly determined, "I need you to pass on a message."
With that said she leaned forward, ignoring all pain, to whisper in Penny's ear. "If you see Icarus, tell him that Chaska must live on, that his sister will need a guide." It was the best she could do. Her words were intentionally cryptic, in case the Capitol's microphones could still pick up her soft whisper, but hopefully Icarus would figure it out and the Careers would have made good on their promise. Her eyes remained fixed on Penny's until she felt certain the girl understood the request, and then she slumped back against the tree, the final dregs of her energy spent.

"What will you do first when you reach home?" She asked finally, her eyelids feeling heavy. One last distraction, one last story to prove that all of this would have been worth it, an innocent would have regained a chance at happiness.
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 2 left

Postby rose petals. » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:43 pm

ᑭEᑎᑎY ᔕYᒪᐯEᔕTEᖇ
|female|8|tribute|tags: caspia|

Penny took in the dying tribute with wide eyes. "Thank you." She murmured, she had never expected to come out of this alive, and it still hadn't exactly sank in yet. Suddenly, Caspia leaned forward and whispered to her. Penny didn'y quite understand, but she knew that Icarus would. Penny imprinted the phrase in her brain: Chaska must live on, that his sister will need a guide. She nodded. "I'm sure Chaska and the others will be happy to see you. I'll stay with you- if you want some company." Penny wanted Caspia to feel peace as her last moments ebbed away, she wished she could have provided Jay with that peace, and Sienna, and..Felix... Oh sweet Felix... It suddenly dawned on her that she wouldn't see Felix again for a long time. But he would want her to be happy, and safe, and she would have both back at home.

Penny sat on the ground beside the district 4 career and thought for a moment. "I'm going to hug my mom, then my dad. Then I'm going to hug Jasper. I couldn't have made it through any of this without him... Then I think I'll make a quilt... For Felix's family. I want to know them, even though their son isn't on this earth anymore. I think I'll make one for your family too. If you think they'd like that..." Penny thought for a moment, then decided. "Then I'll spend lots of time at the orphanage, like I used too as a child, I can teach the children to sew, and maybe survival skills." She chuckled for a brief moment. "Then I'll start a shop, a small one, so I can still have a sense of purpose. I want to go on living my life you know." Penny smiled up at Caspia one last time. "You've lived a full and wonderful life. It wasn't for nothing. I admire your bravery. You should be the victor here... not me... Penny fought back tears as she choked out her next words. "When you.. when you see Felix... tell him that I love him please."
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎣 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 2 left

Postby honeybee. » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:10 am

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: Camp | Tags: Penny
Caspia had been filled with relief when Penny seemed to have taken in her message. She smiled tiredly as the girl mentioned Chaska and nodded as her company was offered. She listened to Penny's description of everything she would do when she was back home, only cementing her certainty that this years victor was meant to be. "Yes.. I think they would." She agreed, at the offer of a quilt for her family. She thought back on them, her parents and her brother. They had been nothing alike, a fighter in a family of fishermen, but she did not doubt their love and pride for a second. They would be alright with the knowledge that this was what she'd spent her life preparing for.
When Penny began getting choked up, claiming that Caspia should have won, she reached out a hand to squeeze her's reassuringly. "You were meant to win," she whispered, and then finally, "I promise." Felix might be in the depths of Atlantis but he would know just how much Penny loved him, Caspia would make sure of it.

Finally, with that promise made, her eyes slid shut and the cannon fired, leaving the 20th games victor alone.
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:20 pm

The End
Silence settled throughout the empty arena as the echoes of Caspia's cannon died away. Gone was the snarling of mutts, the clash of metal on metal. The 20th Hunger Games had reached its close, and the only heart still beating was that of Penny Sylvester - a heart that held onto the kindness and love within, even as the horrors of the arena threatened to steal away its warmth.
At last, a triumphant fanfare of trumpets heralded the final announcement of the year. The announcement of a victor, one respected by citizens of Panem from the slums of Twelve to the penthouses of One. Octavius Terrell's voice blared from unseen speakers overhead: "Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present the victor of the 20th Hunger Games. I give you Penny Sylvester of District Eight!"

Jasper Tiberius District Eight Mentor
Tagged: Penny
Jasper's heart pounded as the hovercraft approached the Careers' camp, now lifeless except for the last survivor. Penny. It almost felt like a dream, his kind and sweet pacifist of a tribute had won the Hunger Games without killing a single person.
The floor of the hovercraft opened up, revealing a ladder that unfurled and dropped down to meet Penny. Jasper rushed to the opening and knelt beside it. None of the Capitol attendants tried - or dared - to stop him.
"You... made it. You're okay, thank heavens you're okay..." He didn't know if Penny could hear him from this distance, or if she could see the tears barely restrained in his eyes. "Let's go home."

Goodbye
It was Edmund who struck the first match. He held the flame for a moment, its warm light illuminating his proud, fatherly smile and the streaks left by tears on his face, and then he knelt beside the first of the fireworks.
"For Killick," he whispered, touching the flame to its fuse. "The blood of Career kinship is thicker than water, and it was your blood that bound your allies as a family." As he backed away to stand by Icarus' side, a shower of white fireworks flared into the sky.

Taking a fresh match, Icarus touched its tip to Edmund's almost burnt-out one. He carried the flame to the second of the fireworks and lit its fuse. "For Gloria. In the end, you realized you deserved your allies' love. That's what matters most... I'll always be proud of you." Brilliant purple fireworks lit the sky overhead, then faded out as beautiful violet sparks rained down and disappeared.

"For Sienna. Born and raised in District Seven, you fought with courage that earned you a spot among Career ranks." Head trainer Roxanne set the third firework alight. Above, yellow and green fireworks exploded into a shape resembling a sunflower. "Thank you."

"For Chaska. You lived and died a warrior. It's been an honor to be your mentor... to be your dad." A series of crimson fireworks scorched through the night, leaving a fading trail as if a massive scythe had cut open the sky. As if the tenacious Career from District Two still fought on somewhere beyond the stars. "Your loyalty and determination will live on. In our hearts."

Licaria stepped forward to light the next firework, curious dark eyes glittering in the glow of the flame. "For Eden. I was silly to underestimate you. In the end, your emotions weren't your undoing, they were your greatest strength." A single, towering green firework burst overhead, as if trying to embrace the smoke trails left by the others' displays.

"For Madeline. You fascinated me from the start, but I finally understand what you're like. You're sassy, brave, honest... and the most loyal friend anyone could have." Blue-and-green fireworks flared out like a peacock tail above, unapologetic in their boldness.

"For Caspia. You fought with courage, resolve and honor. Words can't express how proud I am of you..." Sea-green starbursts lit up the night, exploding with thunderous rumbles like an oncoming storm. "You're what every Career should strive to be."

One last firework remained and Roxanne lit its fuse, then stamped out the match as the flame was no longer needed. She stepped back to rejoin the three Career mentors and, tenderly, wrapped her fingers around Icarus' cold hand.
"For Penny," she whispered as the night sky lit up for the final time, brilliant fountains of deep blue sparks forming the outline of two wings. "Caspia was right, you were meant to win... and your victory made everyone's sacrifices worthwhile. They can rest in peace knowing a truly kind soul was given a second chance. Safe travels home, Penny, you have a Career's blessing."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me