🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: 🎣 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 5 left

Postby DetectiveLunar » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Madeline Gomez//District 1//Female//A brat//Tagged; The careers

And there it was… Sienna’s cannon firing, confirming what had caused her worry. Thankfully she hadn’t ended up like Gloria and had died rather peacefully beside Eden. It was a nice thought, knowing that she had a nice death. She just hoped the others had a nice one as well..

She watched Eden hand out tea to the others, the cups being accompanied by speeches that could warm even the coldest of hearts. They made her heart ache and her eyes water even more than they already were. It was touching… Madeline wanted to reply to his speeches so desperately, she wanted him to know how proud of him she was as well and how thankful she was to call him and the others her friends, but she couldn’t. No matter how hard she tried her words wouldn’t come out and if they did they were too soft to be heard. What had she expected? She had literally just screamed until she lost her voice only a few moments ago! Dastardly idiotic mutts! She would be able to reply to her friend if it weren’t for them!

Great now she felt a bit angry again! Ugh! This was so annoying. She really wanted her voice back! When the heck was it going to come back? Well until that time came she would just have to hope the others could just feel her appreciation for them as Eden pulled them all into a group hug, or that they could somehow hear her mind where she was probably yelling I APPRECIATE YOU!! YOU ARE MY FRIENDS AND I LOVE YOU, MORONS!!

She had begun to wipe her tears away as Chaska stood up, asking for Caspia to fight him in his final battle. This was it for Chaska and for Eden as well. They were both the most injured out of the Careers and they definitely wouldn’t survive their wounds, so the request for final battle was anything but a surprise. Dying in an honorable fight against the allies you trusted was a much more preferable alternative to slowly losing your life to your battle wounds. It didn’t take long for Eden to request his own battle against her. She couldn’t help but smile as Eden talked about his final battle and even made a small joke about winning, as if he’d win regardless of if it was his final battle or not. She wiped away any tears that remained and nodded, accepting his request.

“Of co—… urse..” She forced the words out of her throat. Even if she had lost her voice she would find that idiot and she would find it NOW! She was not going to pass up the opportunity to verbally accept a final battle, and possibly including insults in said battle! Only a moronic rat would do that and Madeline is NOT a moronic rat!

“It… It would be.. an honor.” She turned her face to the side to cough before turning to face Eden again, putting her arm around his shoulders. She gave him a cocky grin, deciding to show her usual prideful nature.

“But I ha...ve to warn you.. I’m..— I’m going to win.. so easily.. It’s— It’s going to be embarrassing.. for you..” After having to try so hard to get out a single taunt she fell silent, wanting to not only save her voice for Eden’s battle but also to be respectful during Chaska’s battle. She wasn’t going to be some rude roach that talks during someone’s final battle! That’s just vile and discourteous!
DetectiveLunar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:03 am

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: Camp | Tags: Chaska, the Careers|
As Chaska echoed her words back at her, Caspia's face split into another smile. She had been fated to have this battle against Chaska, she was sure of it. She dipped her own head in response to his hope of giving her a good fight. "I will give this fight my all," She promised in return. To go easy on him just because he was injured would be disrespectful, "No one will be able to question your skill."

He swung his scythe and their fight began, Caspia bringing across the shaft of the trident to catch the blow before moving forward with a swing of her own. This was what fighting truly was. Not a frenzied panic of blades, desperate to avoid death at any cost, but a showcase of strength and skill and strategy. It was a conversation, one that spoke of respect and awe of the other. It was a dance, Caspia constantly in motion attempting to block and dodge every swing Chaska sent her way and then pushing forwards with jabs and slashes of her trident. When she fought like this she could imagine herself back at Career camp, sparring over who would get the last marshmallow round a campfire. The blows she landed were not designed to kill, in all her practices it had been pretty crucial that you didn't kill whoever you were sparring with, but that didn't mean she was going easy on him. Once it was clear she had won, and she didn't doubt that she would, and it was time for the final blow she would send him on with honour and a quick, clean death.

🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:34 pm

Eden Beauregard District One Career
Tagged: Careers
The fight unfolding before them was beautiful, so beautiful it brought tears to Eden's eyes. An intricate, lethal dance in which the clash of blade against blade provided the final song - this was how a Career was meant to sing farewell to the world. It was honor and love that guided their blades in this last battle. In a way, Caspia was not killing Chaska but rather immortalizing his name. He would be remembered as the indomitable warrior who died as he lived, fighting to the end with determination coursing through his veins.

Thinking back to a promise he'd made in the Training Center, Eden made a mental note to speak to Caspia and Madeline after this battle was over. Chaska wouldn't be forgotten... and neither would his sister who still suffered at cruel hands in District Two. That father of theirs was a stain on the name of all the Career districts. But we're Chaska's family now, not that lowlife father. It's up to us to make sure his sister is safe. If Caspia or Madeline win, they could relay the message to Icarus...
He couldn't exactly announce it out loud. A message like this needed to pass in a whisper; in case the lowlife himself was listening, he might flee before justice came seeking his blood. But it would be worth the patience. Eden was certain the moment the message passed to Icarus' ears, that sickening excuse for a father would be able to count his remaining days on one hand.

Eden's concerned eyes lit up in a smile when Madeline accepted his challenge despite her broken voice. Warmth settled over his shoulders as she put her arm around him, a big-sisterly gesture that reminded him of home. "Thank you..." he whispered, then a quiet chuckle escaped him as she resorted to a familiar taunt. "Come on, don't make me look that bad! I'll tell my mom."
A morbid comment considering his mother's fate, but it was Eden's way of saying he'd finally accepted the past.
"... Are you okay?" He asked softly, concerned about her spent voice and reddened eyes. He'd noticed her crying earlier and she seemed to be in a great deal less denial than before. Maybe, just maybe, Madeline was finally coming to terms with the very human emotions she'd buried deep in her heart. He had no doubt it was a difficult process for her. Without any more hesitation, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug, maybe the last brotherly embrace they'd share.
"I'm not sure if your voice will let you... but if there's anything you need to get off your chest, please don't hesitate to tell me." He managed a smile. In times like this, a morbid joke might lighten the mood. "I'll take your secrets to the grave, pinky promise."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☭ lxx

Postby Zyn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:37 am

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚡 ☭
District 2 || Career || Male || Eighteen || The Mad Dog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☭ Location: North Quadrant
xxxxxxxxxxxThe Battlefield
☭ Tags: Caspia
☭ Mood: Determined

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Chaska may have underestimated his own fighting abilities in his current state but he had never doubted Caspia's strength. Now the rest of Panem would see the Career of District Four in the same way that he saw her, a warrior. Knowing he didn't have the same power to back him he chose to deflect the blows that Caspia sent his way. Pushing them aside rather than buckle under her raw strength. In doing so he was able to keep the dance going, a wild light glinted in his eyes with each swing and smirk pulled his lips upwards. This fight reminded him of the times he had spared with his sister, though this time the dance had a much deadlier ending to it. It was invigorating the way they danced around each other, his movements conveying more to Caspia than he could ever in words. How much he enjoyed this final battle. How he was honored to fight against her and how he wished it would never end. However even the best things in life would have to come to an end eventually. As his strikes became slower and his blows started to loose strength he spotted the pair that had been watching this whole time. He hadn't been able to focus on anything but Caspia and their promised battle before but now that his strength was waning he could focus on the other two. Eden and Madeline. The two were leaning against one another, clearly Eden had chosen his battle partner. A fine choice and he only regretted that he wouldn't be able to watch Eden's final battle. Before he could dwell on that much longer he turned his attention back to the battle at hand. He knew he wasn't going to last much longer, a fact that was proven true when a couple more strikes later found his knees buckling under his weight. Before he could fall spun his scythe and pressed the hilt of the weapon into the ground as he held himself up. His hands gripped the snath, the weapon was the only thing keeping him upright. He lifted his gaze to Caspia's and the edges of his lips tugged upwards in a defiant grin. This is how he wanted to go out, with a bang not with a fizzle.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 8 left

Postby rose petals. » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:31 pm

ᑭEᑎᑎY ᔕYᒪᐯEᔕTEᖇ
|female|8|tribute|tags: felix|

Penny had wrapped herself in the quilt and sat there, waiting. She didn't know for what. For someone to tell her what to do? For someone to kill her? For everything to fall away and to wake up in her own bed and realize it was just a dream? But none of that happened. Instead the golden, red edged sun crested the horizon and covered the arena in glittery light. Penny hadn't noticed before, it had been to dark, but she was close to the careers camp. A small bend in the river provided Penny the perfect vantage point. She gasped at what she saw. Lots of bodies... most seemed to be of mutts, but some of people... The bright platinum blonde locks of a girl was crumpled on the ground, and laying peacefully nearby- no. From where Penny sat she could only see the bodies chestnut curls. Sienna... Something told Penny that it was her. Biting back another sob the district eight tribute clenched her fists tighter and tighter until her nails left small crescent moon shaped marks on her palms. They were fighting one another- Penny realized, watching the skilled dance of two strong tributes as they faced one another. Such skill that she couldn't dream of having. It made her stomach flip.
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DetectiveLunar » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Madeline Gomez//District 1//Female//A brat//Tagged; The careers

Madeline continued to watch the blades of her allies clash, every slash and jab having been thought out before being acted upon. It was beautiful.. Every move held only the greatest amounts of grace behind them. A deadly elegance that she would soon have the honor of participating in and that many have and would continue to view. She just hoped the viewers enjoy the show as much as they do. It would be hard not to. With such an honorable and graceful send off only an ignorant rat would hate on it and call it horrible. If she lived and caught anyone mocking such a magnificent battle she would have no choice but to give them an entire book’s worth of insults! She’d start practicing her insults now but it would distract her from her allies and they deserved all of her focus at the moment. It would only be rude if she ignored them to make up insults and, once again, Madeline was not some rude roach!

She let out a soft laugh as the battle drew to an end. Eden and his stupid jokes, he just had to throw some in to brighten the mood, even if they were morbid they were pretty funny. He just wanted to make sure she was okay, just like he usually does. She remembered how much she’d complain about him and how he always cared, but now, after everything that’s happened, she cared too. That had caused her a bit of distress at first but now? She had come to terms with it. She cared about him, about them, about people that weren't just her for once.

“It’s just a bit…. too much.. I’m no—t used to it…” Her voice came out raspy and hoarse, exactly what she had expected. “These new feel—ings… They overwhelmed me… for a bit.. but I’ve come to te—rms with them..”
She quickly began wiping away tears that had begun to form. Even if she had accepted these new feelings these tears still wouldn’t go away! “I care about yo—u.. and our allies… my friends…”

“Al—so.. my sore throat— is..nt making it any better…” Madeline smiled through her tears before continuing. “..but don’t th—ink it means I’ll go easy… On yo..u!” Yet another taunt directed straight at Eden! New feelings or no feelings at all, she was going to beat up Eden so hard that he would still have her insults echoing in his head postmortem!

(I don’t have time to add in the little font size changes that make her words even harder to read! Oh well! Now you’ll only have half the trouble reading it!!)
DetectiveLunar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: Camp | Tags: Chaska, the Careers|
The dance went on and despite all the exhaustion of the last few days Caspia felt exhilarated. From the glint in Chaska's eye she couldn't help but believe he was enjoying it just as much. And now the fight was ending and Chaska was grinning up at her, propped up on his knees only by his scythe. It was time to end this.
Caspia took a moment to steel herself and speak.
"That was incredible." she told him, catching her breath."No one will forget that fight any time soon."
She raised her trident, positioning it so it hovered against Chaska's heart. "I won't say goodbye."
They would meet again, she was sure of it, perhaps in another life. Meeting Chaska's eyes a final time, she pushed her trident forward to deliver the killing blow.
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☭ lxxi

Postby Zyn » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:51 am

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚡 ☭
District 2 || Career || Male || Eighteen || The Mad Dog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☭ Location: North Quadrant
xxxxxxxxxxxThe Battlefield
☭ Tags: The Careers, Caspia
☭ Mood: Relaxed, Peaceful

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Chaska silently grinned at Caspia as he leaned against his scythe, he was willing to give her as much time as she needed. Of all the tasks he could have given her this was a toughest and he knew better than anyone what kind of toll it could take on a person. Leaning more heavily on the scythe he refused to allow his knees to buckle, he couldn't fall yet, the battle wasn't officially over. Her voice broke through, strong as ever and he felt a rush of admiration for this strong warrior. He fixed his gaze on her as she spoke and listened transfixed. Somehow her words managed to reassure all his doubts, that people would remember his fight. He tilted his nod and a silent farewell, he hadn't the energy to respond with words. Her trident pulled back to deliver the final blow and he felt a strange sense of calm rush through his mind and body. He had never expected to be afraid when facing death like this but he could never have predicted how calm he was. With his gaze fixated on Caspia's he suddenly understood. He understood why he felt so at ease around her. Why he he had been so glad that he had been able to keep his injuries from Caspia for as long as he had. He hadn't wanted to shatter the prospect that they could still walk away from this battle together. Because he cared for her more than he had ever realized. With this revelation his expression softened, his lips turning upwards in a soft smile. A rare expression for the normally irritable career. With that last breath still in his lungs four words slipped from his lips. "Caspia, I love you." As soon as the words left his lips he was crashing to the ground, the last thing he saw before he died was Caspia's face. The canon signaling the end of the District Two Career went off before his knees had even hit the ground
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 4 left

Postby rose petals. » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:42 pm

ᑭEᑎᑎY ᔕYᒪᐯEᔕTEᖇ
|female|8|tribute|tags: a blue butterfly|

A cannon made the poor girl jump, she had been watching the fight so long she hadn't realized when it was over. Trembling, Penny pulled the blanket close to her and tried to steady her breathing. She needed a plan... Of course it would be impossible to think of one with adrenaline coursing through her veins and with her shaking like crazy. She was very thankful for the meal that Maverick had sent them for if she hadn't eaten then she surely would've passed out from nerves by now.

Suddenly, something caught Penny's eye. Bright radiant blue wings of a butterfly sitting in the grass. She hadn't noticed it before because when it closed its wings, it was small and brown, looking like a bland twig. It opened it's colorful wings again, revealing a starburst of azure, cerulean, navy, periwinkle, and sapphire. Tears welled in Penny's eyes as she stared at it. On the outside... it didn't seem like much... but on the inside... it was everything.

Just like her.
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🎣 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 4 left

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Eden Beauregard District One Career
Tagged: Madeline, Caspia, Chaska, Penny
Eden squeezed Madeline like a child would hug a teddy bear, hoping the closeness of a best friend's hug would give her some comfort. From a young age he'd been in tune with his emotions, a privilege often overlooked when so many other Careers struggled to understand their own inner workings. It made perfect sense that Madeline, a friend who'd buried her most vulnerable feelings deep beyond her own awareness, would be overwhelmed when she finally allowed those emotions to surface.
"I understand... it must be very confusing," Eden murmured. "I'm happy you came to terms with how you feel, though. We care about you too! You're more than a friend, you're our Career sister and we're honored to have fought beside you."
He started laughing as Madeline's typical self shone through, sassy and teasing like the good old days in the Career Academy. "Yeah, don't hold back! But it's okay if you don't get all your insults out. One day we'll see each other again, we can have our rematch then."

As Chaska's last fight drew to a close, Eden bowed his head in respectful silence. To interrupt this moment would be profane. Determined to the end, Chaska kept himself standing until his partner, adamant that this would not be their final goodbye, plunged the trident into his heart. The cannon fired before his knees even touched the ground. He truly lived and died on his feet, fighting valiantly right up to his final moment - even his last words were a passionate declaration of love. Eden had a feeling Chaska and Caspia would become household names for generations of Careers to come. Even if the Hunger Games disappeared tomorrow, they would remember the pair's courage forever.
"I suppose it's our turn, then. I'll tell Chaska, Sienna and your best friend Gloria how our fight went," Eden smiled at Madeline. "But there's something else I need to do first."

He rushed over to the already-vandalized tent and cut a square free. Eden assumed the microphones in the arena would be more keen than the cameras, so writing his message down might be safer than whispering it. With a piece of charcoal, he scrawled a tiny "
REMEMBER WHAT WE PROMISED HIM" on the back of the sheet while shielding it from the sky with his hunched posture.
As Eden folded up his note carefully, he glimpsed another tribute down by a bend in the river. The final non-Career in the arena... was Penny, the quiet and sweet lass who'd comforted those poor children during training. If none of us make it, I hope you have a good life back in District Eight, he wished he could say to her. Or even just give her a comforting smile. But... that would be creepy, so instead he pretended not to notice her at all. Probably the least anxiety-inducing option for the poor girl.
Upon returning to his fellow Careers, he wrapped Caspia in a tight hug. Eden assumed the stoic District Four warrior was just keeping her darker emotions well-hidden. To ignore her plight would be a mistake, she'd just carried out one of the most difficult tasks circumstances of the arena could bestow. After a moment of silence, Eden gently pressed his note into her hand and whispered, "Read this with Madeline when we're finished." He wouldn't be able to personally send the message to Icarus, but maybe Madeline or Caspia could carry it forward. "And... thank you for fighting my brother. I'm happy he could spend his final moments with you, Caspia."

Once he detached himself from his ally, his eyes strayed to the bodies laying peacefully in the grass. Gloria, Chaska, Sienna... I'll see you again soon. First, one more fight so I can go out like a real Career... like you did. I hope I make you proud.
Turning to Madeline, he drew his swords with shaking hands. Except this time it wasn't cold nor pain making him tremble, it was the sheer excitement of the fight about to unfold. A bright smile spread across his face. For a moment, he could imagine himself back at the Career Academy, wide-eyed and rosy-cheeked as he took on the world with childish bravado. One more fight, just like we used to have.
"Are you ready?" Eden was practically bouncing on his tiptoes with the energy of a dachshund puppy. Without any more hesitation, he launched himself at his district partner, striking out with all the nimbleness of a Career who'd trained for sixteen years and all the wild excitement of a child who'd trained for six. It was his last fight and he damn sure would make it a good one.

(Thank you Rose for the idea of writing the message on a note! Also sorry for the HUGE post!)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me