A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

Postby angeleyes. » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 am

Kris|Male|Deltarune|Tags: Mu, Vivec, Patches
"Uh...I once helped my mom put out a kitchen fire...But other than that...no. Why? Is this dangerous?" Kris glanced around the room Patches called the "general works" Section. It seemed to be huge, and Kris began to feel a bit overwhelmed. "Wow...This place is huge! Did you build this?"
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:42 am

Kanohi||Female||Elf||Tagged: Vivec, Mu, Kris
    Kanohi gave the water spirit a wary look, but put the matter aside for the time being. It might have had safeguards on it, but safeguards failed pretty easily in her experience. She wasn't about to get all buddy-buddy with it, in any case. When the library unfolded before them, the Shadowrunner couldn't help but be a bit awestruck, but she quickly brushed the feeling aside. When Patches asked if they were good at putting out fires, she chuckled a little. It seemed she and Vivec were in the same boat, she tended to be more in the business of starting fires. People didn't hire a runner if they wanted something fixed.

When Kris stated his own awe at the size of the library, Kanohi laughed derisively. "Guessing you haven't dealt with a whole lotta magic, kid," she said. "Nobody human built this place. This is the doing of something way bigger than us." She'd seen something like this twice before. Once in Seattle, while she was still finding her feet as a runner, and once again in Hong Kong, at the tail end of her time with the Yellow Lotus. Neither time was necessarily a highlight of her career, and she doubted that this one would be either. Also like the other times, there didn't seem to be any way of getting out of it.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:04 am

Kris|Male|Deltarune|Tags: Kanohi, Vivec, Mu, Patches
"Oh...they must have had some major magic skills." Kris looked around one more time. "Well, I don't have magic. Ralsei is the only one I know with magic. And my family. Well, come to think of it, my whole town uses magic. I don't really have any." Kris gave an annoyed look to the elf. I guess I am the youngest here...but that doesn't make me less capable than anybody else. He shook his head and turned away from her, back to Mu.
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:14 am

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Kris, Kanohi, Patches, Everyone

Too many thoughts whirled through Mu’s head to be put into words properly. This place was MASSIVE. It didn’t resemble a feat of architecture, but of mysterious natural or supernatural forces. The books were tightly packed like the surface of a Neutron Star. The winding stalagmite towers seemed the subject of sort of slow, localized points of...gravity? And now Kanohi was attributing it all to magic. That word humans use for “impossible whimsy.”

“Magic. Not. Exist. 😧
But.....

Aliens. Not. Exist. Before, they said. 😏
Learn. New things.”

If there was really such a thing as magic, Mu would be excited to learn about it.

He slowly rolled just a little into the open room, then turned toward Patches. He signed slowly, and with frustration.

“My. Helmet fluid. Effective. For fires. But. Small volume.
Gas fire. Cover. Deprive of oxygen. But. See. No covering. 😕
No. Water source. No. Pump system. Here? 🤔
If fire begins. Where. Emergency exit? 😧”
~Jesus loves you btw :D~
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:34 am

"The heck are you talking about?" Kanohi asked, looking askance at Mu. "You're a water spirit, you're literally made of magic." Unless, of course, he wasn't. She supposed aliens could exist, but she’d never seen proof of it. Even if they did, they obviously didn't care too much about earth. More likely the spirit was going crazy from being stuck in a mech too long. She'd never seen Scratch control one for longer than a few minutes, keeping one anchored that long couldn't be good for it.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Kanohi

Mu awkwardly turned toward Kanohi. Made of magic? There was certainly some misunderstanding. At the very least, if he was being perceived as a deity by a member of a more primitive race, that notion would have to be dispelled.

“Not Water Spirit,” 🤨 Mu commented, rotating upside down in his helmet. The odd behavior melted away as the mech abruptly reached forward to Kanohi for a handshake, reciting a perfectly spoken greeting, with no awkward breaks.

“I am a Katalan. My name is Mu. It’s a pleasure to meet you!” 😊
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:51 pm

The Shadowrunner gave the outstretched hand a tentative shake, making sure the mech was in both her drones' firing arcs. "Kanohi," she said, "I'm a... human, I guess. Elf, specifically." That bit sounded way less broken than the rest of its english, almost like it was rehearsed. Maybe it was used to this sort of reaction.

"So you some kinda experiment then?" Kanohi asked, turning back to follow Patches. "I heard a rumor Evo Corp was working on intelligence enhancements, guessing you're one of their test subjects." A talking fish wasn't really the way she would've gone, but she supposed it was easier to contain if it went rogue. Maybe the mech had a kill code. She'd have to do some digging, if she got the chance. No Matrix meant she'd need a hardline connection, probably best to wait until the thing went to sleep. If it slept.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:39 am

Mu returned the rather timid handshake with practiced, robotic repetition, letting go after 3 shakes.

“This. IS. Experiment. Somewhat.” 🤔 Mu responded thoughtfully.
“This is. Prototype Katalan Mobility Mech Suit, for better interaction with image-bearers, or humans, like yourself!” 😊 He didn’t even need to sign for that one.

“Intelligence.....my. Intelligence. Not. Enhanced. 😕 Katalans are. Intelligent race! 😯
Enhance. Only. Include. Learning. 🧐 English. Japanese. German. Spanish. French. Klingon. American Sign language. Written English. Which is. Difficult. Still. 😣”
He recited those language names as though from a mental list.

“You are. Elf? I hear right? 😲 Elf-s. I thought.”
He searched for the right word.
“......Ffffffiction. Legend! Story! 🤔
Human. Plus Elf?”
A very long pause, as he signed something complex, but couldn’t think of the connected word.
“.....Hybrid? 😳”
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:58 pm

"No, both my parents were Elves," Kanohi said. "I think, never met 'em. No way I'm getting a DNA test though, even if I had a SIN I wouldn't want to get my footprint in the system just to appease those stuffed-shirts in Tir na nÓg." She wasn't sure what lab this thing had crawled out from, but whoever was raising it was either really racist or not teaching it very well. "I'm definitely not fictional though, and I haven't been for the past sixty years. Guessing you don't work with a lot of metahumans." Weird that it knew a language from a fictional show that hadn't been on in decades, but it somehow wasn't aware of the existence of metahumans. Judging from the term image-bearers, she assumed it was some extremist cult she hadn't heard of before. "I dunno what they've been teaching you, but pointed ears and a longer lifespan don't make me less human. Might want to keep that in mind, not everyone takes stuff like that as well as me."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:30 pm

Mu’s mech froze, with a 🤨 face on the chest, leaning slooooowly forward, with his left arm rising to bring the ends of the long cords winding eerily closer to Kanohi’s face. The cords remained always exactly a foot and a half away from her person, as though poking the outside of her personal bubble.
Inside the helmet, Mu was staring at her with one great big eye, widening and squeezing repeatedly, antennae also floating toward her....
Until he snapped back to normal body language.

“I understand!” 🤩 A tiny tinge of triumph was in his synthetic voice.
“I understand. Perfectly. Thank you. For explaining. I apologize. For. My. Previous. Insensitivity. ☺️”

A bit of a pause while Mu looked for the right word.

“You. Speak about. Your. Ethnicity! 🥳

Humans. Are. Many. Colors. And. Cultures! I don’t know. All. Of them. 🤪
You. Confuse me. When you say. Elf. 🤨 Perhaps. Homonym? Or.....”

....Oh gosh. Mu just could not find the word for this one.

“Evil slang? 🤭

Still. Learning. Cultures. Still learning. Sensitivity. I know. Racial sensitivity. Important! 😉
Thank you. For your. Patience. 😅”
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me