Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Open & Accepting!

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren|

"Well then, welcome back!" Mirabelle beamed. She took his hand and shook it in a surprisingly firm grasp. I thought I vaguely recognised him, the willowy blonde reflected. The name didn't ring a bell, but she simply chalked it up to the assumption that Astren might not have been very social. One thing that she didn't fail to notice, however, was that he seemed a bit jumpy. It's probably just first day jitters or social anxiety, she reckoned. Even without amokinesis, she could feel nervousness radiating off of him in waves. Or maybe that was amokinesis? It was possible; she didn't have as much control over her abilities as she liked to pretend...
Mirabelle gave her head a nearly imperceptible shake to pull herself out of her thoughts. "I'm Mirabelle, in case we haven't met," she introduced herself with a small smile. "Head Counselor of the Aphrodite cabin." The uncomfortable realisation hit her that she was about half a foot taller than the younger camper. Worrying her cheek between her teeth, she twisted a strand of golden hair around her finger. Luckily, she was saved from becoming even more awkward by the arrival of another camper.
"Hi there!" Mirabelle greeted her, taking a moment to examine the girl's freckled visage. "You're new, right?"

|Juliet Pratten|16|She/Her|Hermes|Location: Camp Store|Tags: Open|

Juliet emerged from the camp store with a bulging pillowcase over her shoulder. Though she wasn't scot-free yet, she couldn't help but grin at her success. Glancing around for any sign of a counselor, satyr, or even Mr. D, Argus, or Chiron, the wiry girl slunk towards Cabin 11. She kept to the shadows, thankful that her bag of plundered items wasn't making much noise. Now all that was left was to get inside the Hermes Cabin, and she'd have gotten away with it.

|Chuck Oakes|He/Him|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Karter, Pippa|

Chuck felt his face grow a bit red as the new girl - Pippa, she was saying - apologised for staring. He laughed nervously when she playfully mocked his speech pattern, allowing himself to relax a little. "Like, nice to meet you too, man," the satyr replied, shaking her hand with a lose grip. Gods, I hope my hands aren't too sweaty or anything. He realised that may be the case, anxious as he was. Rather than ruminate, Chuck thought back on her words about exploring on her own, feeling his mossy green eyes widen ever so slightly. "Uh, like, right on," he concurred. "Exploring camp can be like, dangerous on your own. Could get into some gnarly situations." He shifted on his hooves, drumming his fingers against his thigh. "Do you, like, wanna look around? I could introduce you to Chiron and Mr. D; they're like, sorta the camp directors."

Chuck blushed yet again as KT called him out on his bizarre speech patterns. "Uh, like, it's like, a hard habit to break," the satyr managed, completely unaware that he was overusing the word even more.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyctomancy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:16 pm

vincent whittaker/ son of ares, nike legacy ( counselor ) / seventeen / closeted bi / location: dining pavilion / tags: open
      Thirty minutes later, after hammering some sense through the thick skulls of his half siblings, Vincent finally departs the cabin. With the sun high, there's more than a few campers walking around now, and he nods at some of them as he makes his way towards the dining pavilion. He's starving. Vincent grabs a plate of pancakes and dumps a good portion of them into the brazier as an offerring, before heading over to the Ares table to eat. There's a couple of stragglers hanging around, mostly latecomers - like himself.

It's only when Vincent's halfway through his second plate of pancakes that he belatedly remembers he was supposed to be greeting the new campers today. "Oops," He mumbles quietly under his breath, before going back to devouring his pancakes.

————————————————

astren byrnes / son of apollo / fifteen / gay / location: camp / mentions: pippa, chuck, kt / tags: mirabelle, agatha
      "Nice to see you again," He says on autopilot, "I hope you had a nice summer." He smiles shakily at her again, before stepping to the side as someone walks up behind him. He smiles politely at the newcomer, before looking around. In the distance, he catches sight of a couple of figures idling on the hill, and debates whether or not to greet them.

salem cross / nemesis legacy, hecate legacy / sixteen / aroflux / location: the void / tags: nonexistent
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Karter Zael | Hades | Tagging: Chuck, Pippa | Location: Camp, Half-Blood Hill

Despite his attempt to keep a straight face about it, Karter could only bite his lip and shift his gaze away to keep himself from laughing. "Uh-huh. Y-Yup." He felt a laugh building in his throat. Don't laugh don't laugh don’t laugh! Chuck's the only person so far who's been even a SEMBLANCE of nice to me so far...
Born female, identify as Genderfluid, any pronouns.
Chorus director and founder, black belt in Taekwondo, writer, actor, playwright, enjoys horseback riding, RPing, playing Howrse, animating, big projects, singing, reading, any kind of storytelling.

Autistic, mood disorder, pansexual, and proud! Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Note for any RPs I'm in: I love building up relationships, so feel free to approach them, but I DO NOT do arranged relationships in general. (May make a few exceptions, depending on circumstances)

Current Main Fandom: One Piece
Other Notable Fandoms: Attack on Titan, The Maze Runner, Soul Eater

Link on my profile is to a new Warrior cats RP site I started because I can.

Update: Considering quitting, not immediately, but overtime, things have just gotten to be a bit much, so we'll see what happens.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Ophelia Rogers|Female|Aphrodite|Location: At cabins, near Artemis' Cabin|tags: open
Ophelia strode toward Artemis' cabin, hoping to reach the wolves before they vanished. She paused only a moment when she heard a commotion from the Ares cabin, but pushed onward when she realized that it was just coming from inside.
She sighed deeply and plopped down when she reached her familar hideaway, but only one wolf peered out at her harshly, before dashing off through a thicket and into the woods, far too fast for her to follow.
"Seriously?" She asked the place it had been standing. Today of all days, there would be no reprise for her from the mystic figures.
Instead she pulled her knees to her chest and rested her eyes, enjoying the sun on her skin. That's the one nice thing about not wearing a hoodie. She thought to herself. She tapped her bracelet and flicked her wrist, allowing her shield to pop out, and used it to cover her face and eyes from the sun, while still enjoying it's warmth.
Far in the distance, she could hear the rumble of cars and inflections of unknown voices, but she couldn't be bothered to move.

Henry "Hank" David Walker|Male|Apollo|Location: En route to Half-Blood Hill |tags: Kade, mentions Pip, Chuck and Karter
Hank just laughed at his friend's antics, and took off after him. Even though he could likely beat the bookish boy if he tried hard enough, Hank was content to run alongside him as he rushed up the hill. It was also much less likely that he'd fall this way.
In front of the new girl who looked, from what he could make out, about his age. Tumbling steadily up the Hill, they gained ground, until they were in range of the voices.
Hank listened carefully to the highs and lows of one he didn't know, taking a mental image of how to replicate it himself as they climbed onward.

Agatha "Aggy" Clemson|Female|Unknown (Ares)|Location: At the arch|tags: Mirabelle, Astren
"Yep!" Aggy responded to the Barbie doll-like camper, complete with a pink dress as if out of a magazine. Huh, I guess some of us do look half-god. She thought to herself.
"Agatha Clemson?" She said, looking for a check-in sheet or something in the girl's hands. Stepping closer, she hastily added "I go by Aggy," With what she hoped was a fierce grin, but more closely resembled a pitiful look of worry.
She shifted the weight of her bags and considered what to do if she wasn't supposed to be here. Was there someone to call? Did she get a special forgetfulness serum or something? It was going to hurt, leaving this place she'd barely met, surely they'd at least let her keep the memories?
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Kade Turner | Athena | Tagging: Hank | Location: Camp, Lake

"C'mooooon!" Kade raised an eyebrow as they came up the hill. "I know for a FACT you can outrun me if you’re trying. You going easy on me?" Then he yelped in alarm as he skidded to an abrupt halt as to avoid crashing into a boy with a hoodie that he recognized as Karter. Running into that kid, although three years younger, would NOT make for a good start to the day.
Born female, identify as Genderfluid, any pronouns.
Chorus director and founder, black belt in Taekwondo, writer, actor, playwright, enjoys horseback riding, RPing, playing Howrse, animating, big projects, singing, reading, any kind of storytelling.

Autistic, mood disorder, pansexual, and proud! Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Note for any RPs I'm in: I love building up relationships, so feel free to approach them, but I DO NOT do arranged relationships in general. (May make a few exceptions, depending on circumstances)

Current Main Fandom: One Piece
Other Notable Fandoms: Attack on Titan, The Maze Runner, Soul Eater

Link on my profile is to a new Warrior cats RP site I started because I can.

Update: Considering quitting, not immediately, but overtime, things have just gotten to be a bit much, so we'll see what happens.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:31 pm

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren, Aggy|

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood!" Mirabelle stated warmly. Based on the younger girl's searching look, the Aphrodite counselor was able to deduce what she was thinking. "There's no sign in sheet or anything - if you got past the barrier, you're definitely meant to be here," she assured her with a light chuckle. "I can introduce you to our directors, if you'd like!" She offered Aggy a smile. "You haven't been claimed yet, I take it?" she inquired. "Claiming usually involves some sort of floating symbol above your head, amongst other things. Most demigods arriving here for their first time haven't been claimed yet, but it's happened before!" she explained. A sudden thought struck her, and she turned quickly to Astren. She hadn't meant to leave him out of the conversation, though... it seemed like that was what had occurred. "I can also help you with your bags, if you'd like!" she offered to both demigods. "And don't let my appearance fool you... I'm stronger than I look." Mirabelle's blue-grey eyes twinkled with humour. She'd heard many different remarks regarding her rather 'girly' appearance when pertaining to lifting moderately heavy objects. Needless to say anyone making those comments would find themselves inexplicably wanting to smooch an axe later in the day.

|Juliet Pratten|16|She/Her|Hermes|Location: Camp Store|Tags: Open|

Juliet emerged from the camp store with a bulging pillowcase over her shoulder. Though she wasn't scot-free yet, she couldn't help but grin at her success. Glancing around for any sign of a counselor, satyr, or even Mr. D, Argus, or Chiron, the wiry girl slunk towards Cabin 11. She kept to the shadows, thankful that her bag of plundered items wasn't making much noise. Now all that was left was to get inside the Hermes Cabin, and she'd have gotten away with it.

(I'll post for Juliet later lol)

|Chuck Oakes|He/Him|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Karter, Pippa, Hank, Kade|

Chuck felt his face grow a bit red as the new girl - Pippa, she was saying - apologised for staring. He laughed nervously when she playfully mocked his speech pattern, allowing himself to relax a little. "Like, nice to meet you too, man," the satyr replied, shaking her hand with a lose grip. Gods, I hope my hands aren't too sweaty or anything. He realised that may be the case, anxious as he was. Rather than ruminate, Chuck thought back on her words about exploring on her own, feeling his mossy green eyes widen ever so slightly. "Uh, like, right on," he concurred. "Exploring camp can be like, dangerous on your own. Could get into some gnarly situations." He shifted on his hooves, drumming his fingers against his thigh. "Do you, like, wanna look around? I could introduce you to Chiron and Mr. D; they're like, sorta the camp directors."

Chuck remained completely oblivious to the fact that KT was trying not to laugh. His attention was brought to a pair of boys nearby, one of which who had nearly barreled into KT. "Like hey guys!" The satyr greeted them. He vaguely recognised them as children of Athena and Apollo, respectively.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Kade Turner | Athena | Tagging: Hank, Karter, Chuck, Pippa | Location: Camp, Half-Blood Hill

Kade caught himself literally an inch from running into Karter from behind. As in, he could feel the natural body heat from the shorter boy, and it made him freeze up. Karter was half an inch shorter, almost three years younger, and not half as well-built, but his temper and energy more than made up for what he lacked in physical strength. SO FAR Kade had managed to evade being on the receiving end...and he’d like it to STAY that way. However, Karter was focused on, one may even say captivated by the sight of the newcomer, a young woman, who stood in front of them. Definitely not a familiar face. It had been a while since a brand new camper had arrived, so he didn’t blame the boy for being curious and perhaps just slightly in awe of someone showing up all of a sudden.

The brunette rolled his shoulders back, easing the tension from his upper back, shoulders, and neck. "Hey there Chuckie." Kade grinned good-naturedly. "What’s going on over here? Is that a new face I see?"
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:50 am

Ophelia Rogers|Female|Aphrodite|Location: Cabin 10|tags: open
Ophelia yawned, and was suddenly struck by a terrible thought that had her standing up on her now asleep legs and limping into the Aphrodite cabin, shield still held protectively above her head. In wanting to look like she hadn't gone to the Artemis cabin in vain, she'd sat in the sun while sporting her third eye, which had surely felt the heat! She rushed inside, ignoring the glares from campers who remembered this morning's alarms, and sat down at a beauty station to fix her work, quickly flicking her shield back into a bracelet as she tilted her head slowly to check it from all angles.
She breathed a sigh of relief upon finding it intact, but she briefly wondered about using her mother's makeup, which could supposedly hold for days, before shaking the dastardly thought away and moving to leave before she got more than glares thrown at her.

Henry "Hank" David Walker|Male|Apollo|Location: Half-Blood Hill |tags: Kade, Pippa, Chuck and Karter
"Can doesn't mean want to." Hank called behind his friend's back, though Kade likely didn't hear it.
"Besides, I doubt you're supposed to run with these!" He said, running a hand over his bow and quiver as if to be sure they were still solid.
He surmounted the Hill just behind his friend, in time to catch him almost run over Hades kid who usually sent a shiver down Hank's spine. He stepped up anyway, taking a stand next to his friend, and putting on a disarming smile (with full dimples!) as Kade tried to ease the situation.

Agatha "Aggy" Clemson|Female|Unknown (Ares)|Location: At the arch|tags: Mirabelle, Astren
"Nah, I think I'd remember that!" Aggy said confidently. At least, her mom probably would.
Aggy quirked an eyebrow at the girl, but knowing better than to judge by appearances from her own experience, forked over a worn red suitcase.
"This one's got wheels, but they don't do much out here." She grimaced, having learned this for herself just a few minutes before.
"What happens now?" She asked, genuinely curious.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:59 am

━ pippa diggery aphrodite tags: chuck, karter, hank, kade

Chuck's gentle stuttering didn't faze Pippa. She was simply glad someone had taken it upon themselves to scurry up to her and lend her a helping hand. She wasn't prideful in the sense that she would feel rather discouraged if someone snapped her trail of determination when it came to exploring and figuring things out by herself, so she took little offense to it. In fact, she felt like things were the opposite in this case. She was happy to have someone by her side, even if only for a brief moment or two.

Her eyes widened once again at Chuck's comment, gaze flickering back and forth between the two young men. "Seriously?" she asked, question marks practically dazzling in the depts of her dark pupils. "Is it one of those, 'step off the trails and you'll regret it for the rest of what's left of your life' kind of situation?" Her curiosity grew, even if Chuck was just joking. From where she was standing, the camp seemed nothing but welcoming. It was bright and cheery, full of life and experience. Perhaps even the visuals were one big mask, hungry for newcomers but unwilling to reveal its true self.

Pippa disregarded the small chatter that Chuck and Karter shared between the two of them, unwilling to appear rude for eavesdropping, even despite the small distance between them all. She allowed herself to focus on them once more as Karter turned to her. She watched him blankly for a brief moment as she mentally attempted to put two-and-two together, then figured the "T" in his so-called nickname was simply due to the fact that there was a T in the name "Karter." That seemed to be the most logical, anyway.

"Hades," she echoed with a raise of the brows. "That's wicked." Did people here get bad reps based on their God or Goddess? If titles were a thing at the ever-so-judgemental school Pippa had attended, people would fear Karter like no tomorrow. They'd either admire Pippa herself or scoff at her Goddess's never-ending attempts to lure the opposite sex in. She felt there was most likely little discrimination here, though. After all, the camp was based around these divine figures.

Two more people drifted into the picture, both appearing as though they had been running. Both were around the same height, though one had drastically different hair than the other. She pressed her lips into a small smile as the one with darker hair spoke, choosing to ignore the fact that he'd chosen to ask the other boys about her, rather than asking Pippa herself. "Guilty. I'm Pippa. Nice to meet you both."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

─────────────────────────────
'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:23 am

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren, Aggy|

Mirabelle accepted the suitcase from Aggy, hefting it with ease. One of the perks of being a daughter of Aphrodite - no matter what she did, she seemed to always do it with grace. "Well, seeing as you haven't been claimed yet, we should get you settled in Cabin Eleven," the willowy blonde informed her. "That's the Hermes cabin - it's where both children of Hermes and unclaimed demigods live. When you get claimed, you'll be moving to your respective parent's cabin. Unless you're a child of Hermes, of course - no move necessary." A small smile played on her lips as she explained, though her mind was elsewhere. Hopefully a certain someone isn't there. The last thing she wanted was to dredge up more uncomfortable memories by running into Juliet again. She's probably off breaking into the camp store right about now, anyways. "We can meet the camp directors later - it looks like Chiron is busy..." her blue-grey eyes travelled over to the centaur, who was in his wheelchair form assuaging the concerns of gathered mortal parents. She scanned the fields for any sign of Mr. D, but the god was nowhere to be seen. "...and Mr. D's probably in the Big House drinking diet soda."

|Juliet Pratten|16|She/Her|Hermes|Location: Cabin 11|Tags: Open|

After watching to make sure that no one was coming, Juliet made a mad dash for the Hermes cabin. Once inside, she slammed the door shut. She was barely even winded from her exploits. She was rather warm, however, so she unzipped her army jacket and tied it around her waist. With a sharp laugh in triumph, Juliet stashed the stolen goods under her cot, intent on sharing them with her cabinmates when they all returned from breakfast - or whatever else they were doing.
Seeing his person return, Romeo began chittering excitedly. The ferret scurried to the opening of his enclosure, leaning up on the bars to get Juliet's attention.
"Okay, okay," the daughter of Hermes laughed. "I'll take you out for a bit." Not even bothering to do it physically, she unlatched the gate with her mind. It was good practise, after all! Romeo dashed out as soon as the gate was open and immediately climbed up Juliet's body until he was perched on her shoulders. The ferret blinked slowly as she scratched his chin, evidently pleased with his new accommodations.

|Chuck Oakes|He/Him|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Karter, Pippa, Hank, Kade|

Chuck nodded when Pippa commented about 'stepping off the trail'. "Like, not exactly, but some stuff can get pretty whacked if you're not careful," he warned. "The north woods are like, monster-city. It's safest not to go in there alone - or like, unarmed, for that matter." The satyr shifted awkwardly, unaware of his hand reflexively reaching toward the panpipes that were clipped to a belt loop of his shorts. "But like, first things first, you been claimed yet?" Chuck inquired, cutting right to the chase. "Like, most new dudes aren't, but sometimes we get a demigod or two who's been claimed before they make it here." He tilted his head as he paused for a moment. "Oh! Like, right," he realised, scratching his curly hair. "Claiming is like, a totally tubular experience," he started to explain. "With like, a floating symbol over your head n' stuff. Sometimes something weird happens too - with Aphrodite dudes, they get all fancied up with like, permanent makeup. Wears off in a few days to a week." He recalled Mirabelle's claiming, and how frustrated she'd been that she had been forced out of her dark makeup and into something more conventional. That had been during her goth phase, he remembered. It was for the best at the time; he thought all the dark eye makeup had made her look like a raccoon. "I think they call it like, Aphrodite's blessing, or something? But like, just an example of some of the whacked stuff that can happen."
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me