Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

p.d 1 ━ camp entrance

Postby senna_ » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:44 pm

━ pippa diggery aphrodite tags: open

Pippa's throat felt as if it had completely shut as she started up towards the large, lopsided sign that read Camp Halfblood. Nervous excitement pricked beneath her skin, and her heart continued to skip a beat every now and then. Her step had a small bounce in it, yet, at the same time, forced her back, unwilling to let her leap forward. A familiar sense of energy loomed over her as she walked, and the expression she wore seemingly settled comfortably on various faces around her. Her fingers found one another and twiddled as she strolled, a poor attempt to stretch her thoughts elsewhere. Everything that was currently happening was insane. This was beyond imaginable. Only a few months ago Pippa discovered the truth- Gods and Goddesses, Aphrodite, Camp Halfblood, and everything in between. Pippa couldn't properly process it, nor could she bring herself to believe the words of her adopted parents. Not even her daydreaming, fairy-obsessed mind could willingly accept what she had been told. She had the blood of a Goddess. She was part Goddess. She'd only ever dreamt of such a thing. It was difficult enough to take in the fact that Gods and Goddesses were real and thriving, let alone the fact that she was in contact with them. With one.

And yet, here she was, strolling up with a group of unfamiliar faces to meet even more unfamiliar figures. Although Pippa had been beyond skeptical at first, she knew her parents wouldn't lie to her, nor would they willingly let her off on an adventure to an unfamiliar campground. It was most certainly real, no matter how stubborn her reality-based mind was.

Was it strange to believe the atmosphere as an entirety was different? More mythical, more magical? The air tasted sweeter, its hearty wind filled with light-hearted whispers and giggles as it danced past Pippa. The trees swayed with glee, their leaves rustling up nature's music to fulfill the duties of the dancing wind. The sun was seemingly smiling, growing brighter with joy with each step Pippa and the other group members took towards the entrance of the camp.

"Welcome home, Pip," she murmured to herself, a smile settling on her lips with ease. She couldn't wait to explore.
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Open & Accepting!

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:01 pm

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren|

Mirabelle's heart pounded as she watched the jeep pull up outside the camp entrance. Here they come, she mentally remarked. Though it would be nice to have more people around, her earlier discomfort still lingered. She shoved it down behind a mask of friendliness, as she'd done many times before. It wasn't entirely facetious, per say... though not entirely genuine either. When she saw two figures embrace in the distance, she had to turn away. It was touching of course, but the interaction brought back memories of her father. Guilt threatened to overtake Mirabelle, but she did what she was best at - she bottled it up, dragging her thoughts away from the painful memories. Seeing other demigods with their parents was always the hardest part of summer arrivals for her. It reminded her of what she could never have. The willowy blonde forced her melancholic feelings aside with a sigh. Donning a welcoming expression, she strode forward to meet the demigod halfway.
"Hi there!" Mirabelle greeted him, doing her best to sound cheerful. "Are you new or returning?" She thought she vaguely recognised the silver-haired demigod, but couldn't quite place her finger on a name... which was a bit odd, seeing as she knew most of the returning demigods on sight. Perks of being a social butterfly. That being said, it had been quite a while since she'd seen the summer campers, and a lot could change in nine months!

|Juliet Pratten|16|She/Her|Hermes|Location: Camp Store|Tags: Open|

Juliet zipped her army jacket, rolling up the sleeves as she walked towards the camp store. She figured it would be the perfect time to break in for pranking supplies - everyone was distracted with the new arrivals, and those that weren't busy welcoming them were most likely preparing their cabins for inspection. The daughter of Hermes rubbed her hands together with glee.
The camp store was still locked when she reached it, but that was no trouble at all for Juliet. She focused deeply on the lock, sensing it's inner workings and mechanisms until - click! The door unlocked as if by magic. With a lopsided grin, Juliet sauntered inside as if she was supposed to be there. That was one of the best ways to avoid detection, after all - act like you're supposed to be somewhere when you're actually not! Once inside, Juliet grabbed a pillowcase from one of the shelves and started filling it with all sorts of supplies - bang snaps, toilet paper, duct tape, you name it.

|Chuck Oakes|He/Him|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Karter, Pippa (mentioned)|

"Totally," Chuck agreed. He had just started to relax a bit when a he noticed a girl standing all alone with a starstruck expression on her face. He glanced around, hoping to spot someone going to help her. Most of the counselors were engaged with other newcomers. Chiron and a large group of satyrs were busy explaining things to the parents of first-time campers, and Mr. D was scowling at the top of the hill, doing nothing but complain as usual. Chuck let out a sigh, gesturing over to the girl. "Like, looks like I gotta take this one," he bleated. "You wanna come?"
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Karter Zael | Hades | Tagging: Chuck | Location: Camp, Half-Blood Hill

Karter followed Chuck's gaze to where a young woman was arriving, beautiful and slim, eye-catching, looking an odd mix of excited and nervous. A look he’d seen on plenty of campers' faces, though he himself couldn’t say he knew what it felt like. He’d just been scared when he’d first shown up at the gates. He straightened himself though and rolled back his shoulders, slowly letting his breath go. He’d meet a new person if he agreed. He’d look rude and self-centered if he said no. So he forced a smile and nodded.

"Yeah, sure. May as well!" He agreed. "Been a while since we had a total newbie, right?" Although only there for three years now, Karter had made sure to take note of each and every face he could, take notes to see who was safely approachable and who was not, and her face was not familiar.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:35 pm

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren|

Mirabelle's heart pounded as she watched the jeep pull up outside the camp entrance. Here they come, she mentally remarked. Though it would be nice to have more people around, her earlier discomfort still lingered. She shoved it down behind a mask of friendliness, as she'd done many times before. It wasn't entirely facetious, per say... though not entirely genuine either. When she saw two figures embrace in the distance, she had to turn away. It was touching of course, but the interaction brought back memories of her father. Guilt threatened to overtake Mirabelle, but she did what she was best at - she bottled it up, dragging her thoughts away from the painful memories. Seeing other demigods with their parents was always the hardest part of summer arrivals for her. It reminded her of what she could never have. The willowy blonde forced her melancholic feelings aside with a sigh. Donning a welcoming expression, she strode forward to meet the demigod halfway.
"Hi there!" Mirabelle greeted him, doing her best to sound cheerful. "Are you new or returning?" She thought she vaguely recognised the silver-haired demigod, but couldn't quite place her finger on a name... which was a bit odd, seeing as she knew most of the returning demigods on sight. Perks of being a social butterfly. That being said, it had been quite a while since she'd seen the summer campers, and a lot could change in nine months!

Juliet zipped her army jacket, rolling up the sleeves as she walked towards the camp store. She figured it would be the perfect time to break in for pranking supplies - everyone was distracted with the new arrivals, and those that weren't busy welcoming them were most likely preparing their cabins for inspection. The daughter of Hermes rubbed her hands together with glee.
The camp store was still locked when she reached it, but that was no trouble at all for Juliet. She focused deeply on the lock, sensing it's inner workings and mechanisms until - click! The door unlocked as if by magic. With a lopsided grin, Juliet sauntered inside as if she was supposed to be there. That was one of the best ways to avoid detection, after all - act like you're supposed to be somewhere when you're actually not! Once inside, Juliet grabbed a pillowcase from one of the shelves and started filling it with all sorts of supplies - bang snaps, toilet paper, duct tape, you name it.

|Chuck Oakes|He/Him|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Karter, Pippa|

"Far out!" Chuck grinned. At least he wouldn't have to handle meeting someone new alone. The satyr started down the hill towards the new girl, waving at her to catch her attention. "Like, hey there!" He called out as he neared her. "Uh, welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'm, like, Chuck, and this is Karter." He gestured to the son of Hades with a nervous smile. "I'll be uh... I guess kind of like, a kinda tour guide for now?" Chuck scratched his neck awkwardly, shifting on his hooves. He glanced around them for any sign of parents or relatives. "Are you, like, all alone? Or..." He realised that might be a sensitive topic, so he quickly shut his mouth before he could do any more potential damage.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

p.d 2 - camp entrance

Postby senna_ » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:02 pm

━ pippa diggery aphrodite tags: chuck, karter

Pippa dug her heel into the crispy grey stones beneath her as she waited for the other campers around her to file in through the large stone entranceway. The glorified gates before her were beautiful, yet oddly daunting, as if something so simple yet so complex and elegant was challenging the newcomers, forcing them to question themselves and ask if they really did belong in a place like so. Well, Pip had been asking herself the very same thing since the moment she was informed of having connections to Aphrodite, so clearly, she most certainly was in the right place!

It did pain her to see so many with beloved family members, the more she began to take in her surroundings. She knew her family was what one would call a "rookie" when it came to this kind of stuff, even more so than she was. After all, they had absolutely no connection to the Gods. In fact, Pippa was almost positive they didn't know about the whole Aphrodite-Penelope situation until after they had signed the papers. Although she was sure they didn't begin treating her any differently, given the fact that she was still contentedly living under their roof, she was sure it was quite a surprise to them. So really, it wasn't shocking to hear they wouldn't be able to settle her into her new camp. Whether that was genuinely because of work or because they didn't feel comfortable, Pippa didn't know, but she wasn't too worried. They shared a lovely good-bye, and she was confident on her own. That being said, she still found herself rather delighted upon realizing the masculine voice that just broke her train of thoughts was addressing her.

Turning on her heel, her big blue eyes innocently grew wider at the sight of the two strangers before her. One in particular was more eye-catching than the other, and Pippa was awfully glad he was the one to speak, so her staring wouldn't appear too odd. He was undoubtedly a Satyr, given his goat-like appearance, which had mingled quite lovely into his human characteristics. He resembled the many pictures she'd eyed beautifully. It was admittedly a bit of an odd sight for her unknowledged, human eyes to take in, but at the same time, oddly relieving, as if his appearance ensured her that she was indeed at the right place.

"Sorry," she grinned sheepishly. "I don't mean to stare." Her bright eyes shifted from the goat-human to the quiet boy, whose height allowed her to catch his eye with ease. "Nice to meet you both. I'm Penelope, but I go by Pippa." She stuck out her hand momentarily, unsure of whether or not either would actually accept it. "Yes, I'm, like, all alone." The childish smirk upon her lips was what she hoped would assure Chuck that she was merely teasing, based on the way she lightheartedly copied his phrasing. "My parents aren't actually familiar with this whole thing, but maybe it's for the better. Made the parting a lot easier, anyway." She shrugged half-heartedly, dropping her hand. "A tour guide would be nice. I was considering heading off on my own, but I think following someone who knows what they're doing and where they're going might be the safer option."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby takara » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Ophelia Rogers|Female|Aphrodite|Location: At cabins, near Artemis' Cabin|tags: open
Ophelia strode toward Artemis' cabin, hoping to reach the wolves before they vanished. She paused only a moment when she heard a commotion from the Ares cabin, but pushed onward when she realized that it was just coming from inside.
She sighed deeply and plopped down when she reached her familar hideaway, but only one wolf peered out at her harshly, before dashing off through a thicket and into the woods, far too fast for her to follow.
"Seriously?" She asked the place it had been standing. Today of all days, there would be no reprise for her from the mystic figures.
Instead she pulled her knees to her chest and rested her eyes, enjoying the sun on her skin. That's the one nice thing about not wearing a hoodie. She thought to herself. She tapped her bracelet and flicked her wrist, allowing her shield to pop out, and used it to cover her face and eyes from the sun, while still enjoying it's warmth.
Far in the distance, she could hear the rumble of cars and inflections of unknown voices, but she couldn't be bothered to move.

Henry "Hank" David Walker|Male|Apollo|Location: En route to Half-Blood Hill |tags: Kade, mentions Pip, Chuck and Karter
Hank let Izzy run off, knowing it was better to introduce the new campers to things slowly (at least, that's what Chiron said). She took off toward the woods at full speed, and he focused on the friend attached to his arm. Despite the tomfoolery, they were making good progress, and he could make out the top of the Hill from here. What he saw nearly make him throw off Kade's arm.
"Look!" Hank called, gesturing wildly with his free hand at the top of the Hill, where he could barely make out the blob of an unfarmiliar face. Had he been alone, Hank would've bolted up the Hill.
As it was, he settled for the more sensible option of walking faster, pulling Kade in tow.
takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:28 pm

Juliet emerged from the camp store with a bulging pillowcase over her shoulder. Though she wasn't scot-free yet, she couldn't help but grin at her success. Glancing around for any sign of a counselor, satyr, or even Mr. D, Argus, or Chiron, the wiry girl slunk towards Cabin 11. She kept to the shadows, thankful that her bag of plundered items wasn't making much noise. Now all that was left was to get inside the Hermes Cabin, and she'd have gotten away with it.

|Chuck Oakes|He/Him|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Karter, Pippa|

Chuck felt his face grow a bit red as the new girl - Pippa, she was saying - apologised for staring. He laughed nervously when she playfully mocked his speech pattern, allowing himself to relax a little. "Like, nice to meet you too, man," the satyr replied, shaking her hand with a lose grip. Gods, I hope my hands aren't too sweaty or anything. He realised that may be the case, anxious as he was. Rather than ruminate, Chuck thought back on her words about exploring on her own, feeling his mossy green eyes widen ever so slightly. "Uh, like, right on," he concurred. "Exploring camp can be like, dangerous on your own. Could get into some gnarly situations." He shifted on his hooves, drumming his fingers against his thigh. "Do you, like, wanna look around? I could introduce you to Chiron and Mr. D; they're like, sorta the camp directors."
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyctomancy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 pm

vincent whittaker/ son of ares, nike legacy ( counselor ) / seventeen / closeted bi / location: camp (ares cabin) / tags: half-siblings
      Vincent rises when the sun’s high in the sky, the majority of his siblings already up and puttering around. It’s the sound of a fight that rouses him, the tone of two voices rising hirer and hirer as the atmosphere blooms into something heavy and suffocating, that finally encourages Vincent to wake. “What’sgoingon?” He mumbles, voice thick with sleep. When his low rumbles go unnoticed by the two, he clears his throat and tries again. “Hey, knock it off.” This too, doesn’t work. The tense ambiance grows thicker, one of his sisters pulling back her arm, hands clenched into a fist ready to strike.

“I said cut it out,” Vincent booms, his voice all light cheer but full of cold intent. A chilling feeling creeps into the room, blanketing the anger with a tense atmosphere of raw, unbridled fear that stops the argument in it’s tracks for a moment. But one moment is all he needs. Vincent cuts the aura, reeling the cold and terror back inside him, before laying a hand down on the shoulder’s of each of the interlopers. “Now,” He says cheerfully, smiling again, “Tell me what happened.”

(repost for vince, i'll bring him back later)

————————————————

astren byrnes / son of apollo / fifteen / gay / location: camp / tags: mirabelle
      He's hardly a couple of steps through the gate before a figure comes down to meet him halfway. Astren looks up, plastering on a smile instinctively before freezing up when he sees who it is. Mirabelle.

Terrified eyes, begging for him to do something. Lips forever frozen in a silent plea for help. Him, stumbling back, choking back horror like it's bile, condemning her to her fate as an iceblock.

Astren blinks back into the present at the sound of her voice. He exhales sharply, before realizing how weird he must seem and tries to smile. Guilt hammers at his mind, for an event that's never happened, for abandoning her in a dream that was nothing more than a nightmare. "Hi," He squeaks out, stretching out his hand, "I'm Astren. Returning."

He hopes she doesn't recognize him. A lot had changed in the months he'd been away. He was a couple of inches taller. He had glasses now. Not to mention, he'd cut off the glossy golden curls that had reached his mid-back, replacing them for a shaggy haircut that just barely reached past his ears. The silver was a new touch, a last minute addition. His excuse had been to practice his powers, but in reality it was just another way to move further away from the person he'd been last year.

salem cross / nemesis legacy, hecate legacy / sixteen / aroflux / location: the void / tags: nonexistent
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Karter Zael | Hades | Tagging: Chuck, Pippa | Location: Camp, Half-Blood Hill

"Maybe overusin' 'like' a bit there, bud. Makes you sound even MORE awkward." Maybe that wasn’t the right thing to say, but that was the trouble with Karter. He said what he thought, and he didn’t regret it. Then he clamped his mouth shut at the last question, his narrow shoulders tensing. It's not his fault for asking. It’s a natural question, even if a sensitive one for some of us.

Karter eyed the young woman's outstretched hand. Touch usually made him shudder, but first arrival to camp was a difficult situation. So he stifled his anxiety and held his own hand out to shake after Chuck had shaken hers. "Name's Karter Thomas Zael," he introduced himself. "Son of Hades, call me KT."

Kade Turner | Athena | Tagging: Hank | Location: Camp, Lake

Kade yelped as his friend sped up, and just did his best to keep up, laughter in his voice, light in his eyes. "Slow down man! You’ll drag me into the dirt!" He turned his gaze towards where his friend gesticulated. His eyes narrowed as he squinted against the sun to three blobs. Two he recognized the figures of, one was a female he did not know.

"No way...first year camper?" He asked, voice rising to a squeak. "Forget slow down! Race you there? Gotta get a closer look and see what’s going on!"
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby takara » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Agatha "Aggy" Clemson|Female|Unknown (Ares)|Location: Approaching Half-Blood Hill|tags: Aggy's mom (leaving), Mirabelle, Astren
"Mo-om, you're drowning me!" Aggy whined, but truthfully she enjoyed her mother's embrace. Her mom squeezed extra hard at that.
"And I'm warning you," She hissed into Aggy's ear to combat the sobs. If you don't send me letters every week, I'll, I'll..." Her mother sputtered tearfully before breaking down. In all her years, Aggy had never been gone from her mom for more than a week. Aggy sighed and patted her mother on the back, aware that they were in sight distance of the entrance, but no longer caring.
"I will mom, every day if I have to. And I'll tell you all about camp, and my half-siblings, and any funny creatures there!" Aggy said, putting on a brave face as she worked herself free of her mom's hands.
Honestly, she had no idea what to expect, and with a name like Camp Half-Blood...well, it would be interesting at least. And they'd said they had training to fight for real! And sparring. A place like that couldn't be half bad.

Her mom helped her drag her luggage out of their beat up sedan and up the hill, before dropping her off at the "magical" with a final hug and kiss on her forehead, then keeping an eye on Aggy as she walked in through the archway.

As soon as Aggy entered, she was hit with the overwhelming smell of strawberries. She resisted her urge to gag at the overpowering fragrance (so as not to give her mother, still watching her, a heart attack). And made note of a scraggly boy (though really, who was Aggy calling small?) with a shaggy mop of silver hair, talking to a girl who looked like perfection itself. She noticed that he was talking to her, and walked behind him, so as to form a check-in line.
takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me