🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

☭ xix, ☣ xviii, 🍭 xv

Postby Zyn » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:09 am

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚡 ☭
District 2 || Career || Male || Eighteen || The Mad Dog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☭ Location: Eastern Quadrant
☭ Tags: The Careers
☭ Mood: Determined, Confused

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    With some help it wasn't as awkward as Chaska had originally thought it would be when picking up Eden. The taller male was surprisingly light and that combined with the fact that the help went a long way he lifted Eden easily. He didn't really notice the way Eden made themselves comfortable since the moment he had picked them up he had spotted Madeline take off. The district partner to Eden rushed out into the water and seemed to be determined to get to the mainland as quickly as possible. It didn't take long for his own district partner to rise to the challenge and take off as well. Though as he started forward he watched as she slowed down, probably due to almost tripping. With a shake of his head he tuned back into Eden who has started talking to him a hushed voice. Thanking him for rescuing the kids, a look of confusion flickered across Chaska's face as he regarded the district one male in his arms. "It's what anyone would have done, but your welcome?" he said though the last part was said like more like a question than like a statement. The reason being he wasn't entirely sure he was supposed to say that. With all the training he had gone through social etiquette wasn't one of those things that had been a main focus. In fact it had been kind of ignored, it hadn't really bothered Chaska until now. Falling into silence he continued wading through the water, from his position he could faintly hear a conversation between Killick and Caspia. The two were trading stories about their time with the academy and for the first time he felt an ache of jealousy. Between the academy and the after school career program and then his at home training he didn't really interact with the other kids. Back home he didn't care as much but he was starting to realize just what he was missing out on. With a gentle shake of his head he peered at Eden. "What is district one like? I haven't really heard much about it aside what they teach at the academy" he asked curiously.

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓏 𝒜𝒹𝓋𝒶𝓃𝒾 ☣
District 5 || Tribute || Female || Seventeen || The False Prophet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

☣ Location: Northern Quadrant
☣ Tags: Reyna
☣ Mood: Wary, On Edge

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sharnaz raised a brow at Reyna's laugh but quickly managed to pull a chuckle to match her ally's. As soon as Reyna turned away her smile dimmed slightly. She was pretty sure there wasn't any hidden meaning behind Reyna's words, after all from what she had learned so far her ally didn't hide anything. But due to her own secretive nature she couldn't help but wonder if there was some sort of hidden meaning. However she didn't linger on that thought long because she was distracted by Reyna drawing their sword and jabbing it into the falls. Having started to follow Reyna she came to a halt at her allies words and and silently cast her gaze down the cliff face. To her naked eyes it appeared as though at least from this side of the cliff there wasn't any other entrances. "I don't see any other paths in from here, but that doesn't mean there isn't an exit in the cave that leads to the other side of the cliff. Or maybe even up and and out another way. Best to be careful and cautious when walking in" she said softly as she moved to stand next to her ally by the waterfall. Then without wait for a response and slipped into the cave.

🍭 ℜ𝔦𝔢𝔨𝔞 𝔊ü𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 🍭
District 10 || Tribute || Female || Thirteen || The Young Wolf

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
🍭 Location: Eastern Quadrant
🍭 Tags: Jay
🍭 Mood: Worried, Focused

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Rieka didn't notice the way Jay clutched their tent right away. She did notice the lack of speaking but she assumed it was because they had just been through the bloodbath. Even as a talkative extrovert she didn't feel like talking much. Images of the other dead tributes and her own near death experiences lingered in the back of her mind. She snapped to attention at the sound of his voice and jerked her head to face him. Worry danced across her face and she forced them to stop in order to fling her arms around Jay."Don't be sorry! We are in this together, if it wasn't for you I would be all alone and I am so glad to have you as my ally" she murmured into Jay's shoulder. Then she pulled back to look at Jay. "You know that district one career? Eden? He saved me from Darius and then he told me than if anything happened to us and we needed help to go find them and they will protect us. We aren't alone out here, we have allies" she added encouragingly.
Last edited by Zyn on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 18 left

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 am

Eden Beauregard of District One
Tagged: Chaska
Eden smiled fondly at his ally's response. It confirmed what he already knew - Chaska saved those children out of the kindness of his heart. He wasn't trying to impress his allies or audience, he was just being himself. Eden loved that about his new friend.
Madeline and Gloria were still having their little conversation, while a short distance away the District Four tributes were chatting. They shared memories of their home district before moving on to discuss the lake waters. Eden thought back to District One, coming home from the Career Academy to curl up in his mum's arms just like this. He closed his eyes for a moment.
Green eyes blinked open as Chaska asked him a question about District One. "Oh, you read my mind! I was just thinking about District One," Eden laughed. "It's a wonderful place to live. I admit we're a little spoiled, but our community service makes up for that a little. Our streets and parks are so clean because of it. But, as lovely as it was... I'm happy to be here right now."
Eden meant it. As much as he loved District One, a part of him was afraid to ever return. Still, the memories brought a smile to his face as he clung onto his wading ally. He was about to ask about District Two, but they soon reached the other side and Eden noticed something bizarre. The moment the last Career stepped out of the lake, the waters started to rise. Caspia and Killick were right.

Reyna Byrne of District Twelve
Tagged: Sharnaz
Reyna's face fell at the lack of other entrances, and her shoulders slumped in absolute defeat as Sharnaz confirmed it. She was not excited to walk through a wall of water. "Ugh, whatever," grumbled the rude brat as she shuffled towards the dreaded waterfall. Now she was done for. Even worse, stopping by the cliff was her idea in the first place! This was all her own fault.
Sharnaz slipped into the cafe effortlessly. Reyna muttered a few more curses, then took a few steps back and gave herself a running start. Screw careful and cautious! She leaped straight at the waterfall with her eyes closed. The moment she hit the falls, a yelp of shock escaped her as cold water engulfed her for a moment. Then she rolled to a stop on the floor of the cave, shivering.
"If anyone tries to come in here, I hope they suffer as much as me," Reyna snarled as she tried to shake herself dry.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Death Recap #1

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 am

Death Recap - Night One
9:55 PM

Night has fallen across the arena. Panem's national anthem blares from unseen speakers, heralding the nightly death recap. The sky shines with an image of the Capitol's seal. After a moment, it fades out to reveal the tributes who lost their lives that day...
Aleksander White of District Three
Greg Archer of District Five
Winona Abrams of District Six
Payne Adamson of District Nine
Bridgette Hayes of District Nine
Cooper Brand of District Ten
The tributes are shown in order of their district, with no indication of what caused their death. After the final face fades from the sky, the Capitol seal makes a brief return as the anthem crescendos. Then the music and lights fade as the sky returns to darkness.

Reyna Byrne of District Twelve
Tagged: Sharnaz, Darius
At the sound of the anthem, Reyna's face lit up in sinister delight. The tribute she murdered would be in the sky tonight. "Come on, Bridgette will be up there!" She called out to Sharnaz, then grabbed her sword and ducked out of the cave without hesitation.
By the time she made it outside, the tributes' faces started to appear. Reyna raised an eyebrow as the District Three boy's ugly mug presented itself first, followed by Sharnaz's useless district partner. What the heck? When Reyna's victim appeared fifth in the death recap, she nearly tore her hair out in rage. How dare they arrange it by district order! Reyna cursed in frustration and kicked the nearest pine tree, sending a small flurry of snow down to dust her shoulders. This only served to make her angrier.
She only paused her tantrum when she saw something. A rustle in the nearby leaves, followed by a flash of caramel hair as a taller tribute fled the area. Darius. "That's it - we're going after him. I need to kill someone," Reyna snarled, brandishing her sword.

Tagged: Careers
The Careers had just finished setting up camp when the death recap played. They'd found a river meandering lazily across the open plains, and everybody seemed content to settle here. Eden took a moment to take inventory of the items they'd fetched at the start. Apart from everyone's weapons, the alliance had amassed its fair share of Cornucopia loot. Madeline wore a large red backpack that probably contained ample supplies. Killick brought night-vision goggles, Caspia had a water filter, and Gloria was well-equipped with several throwing knives. Chaska even managed to find a tent big enough to accomodate all six Careers - thank goodness!
As Eden examined his backpack, he found a hefty length of rope and several bags of dried fruit - they wouldn't go hungry tonight. He brought a few food packets out for his allies. "Tonight's dinner is on me. Sorry it's not that filling, but I'm sure we can find more food for tomorrow!" He smiled, then glanced at the river. "Maybe whoever takes first watch can try catching fish?"
As he opened up his own package of dried fruits, an idea hit him. "Oh, right! I meant to ask what life back home was like," He smiled apologetically at Chaska before leaving the question open-ended. "I'd love to hear about Districts Two and Four."

(Fellow Careers - thanks for voting on the campsite!)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ May the odds be in your favor!

Postby rose petals. » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 am

GᒪOᖇIᗩ ᒪᗩᑕE
|female|2|career|tags: careers|

Gloria hadn't given Eden his foots back yet. Or well, she had. She had changed back into the shoes that fit her own feet and had cast Eden's boots aside. If he wanted them back he could get them. Gloria was working on unbraiding her hair, letting the blonde strands fall loosely over her shoulders. Clutching one of her throwing knives, Gloria turned it over continuously with her fingers. The blaring anthem of Panem appeared, making Gloria jump. Oh horn of plenty... The lyrics swirled around in her head as she looked up to the sky. Greg's face appeared, though Gloria didn't feel bad for killing him. Only 6 deaths, not much of a bloodbath. All of a sudden, Eden tossed each of them a packet of dried fruit. She didn't exactly trust it, but where would he have gotten poison to poison the fruit? She would wait for Eden to finish his first though, and then the others, just to be safe. Gloria glanced up from staring at her knife when Eden asked his question. "District 2 isn't as glamorous as what you two are used to." She said, almost glaring at Eden and Madeline. "But we have the best view of any of the districts. The mountains are cold and unforgiving, we get used to it." It was getting harder to hide her jealousy of the luxury district, how they acted like they were better just because they were 1. She'd show them.

ᑕOᒪᗷY ᗰᗩᖇKᔕ
|male|6|tribute|tags: zoe, sienna, moses|

Colby sat in the tent, to nervous to sleep. He was nervous about Sienna and Zoe taking watch, what if someone attacked them and he wasn't around to protect them? Worry for his allies set in after a while and Colby couldn't help himself but climb out of the tent and approach the girls. "Are you all alright?" He asked them, "Just checking in, that's all."
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵

Postby Runnersback » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 am

Sienna Mach-North| D7 |17|Tags:Moses,Colby,Zoe| loc: Marshes
As Sienna sat in the tree protectively guarding the boys she took the wooden end of the spear to poke Zoe as she had packed the battle axe into her bag. Sienna smiled as Colby popped back out,“I am. Thank you for checking in on us, so far nothing of the sorts and the traps are still loaded. How’s Moses?” She asked softly while keeping a watch.“Thank you for letting me know... Get some rest Colby. I’ll wake you and Moses for your shift.” She said gently whipping around at every single sound.

Moses Grandy| D7 |18|Tags:Sienna,Colby,Zoe| loc:Marshes
Moses was nervous of falling asleep in general but he had made his way into the tent and curled up like a little kid on his side. He was terrified of Zoe taking watching and her yawns and well he had more faith in his district partner and Colby. The way the tributes flashed across the screen was etched into his mind. Moses was still settling down for the night and he managed to roll over in the tent despite it making him wary. He was feeling a tad better with his wounds but his gut feeling was absolutely horrible when he fell asleep.
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:06 am

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: Cornucopia —> East Camp | Tags: Killick —> Careers
Caspia nodded in understanding as Killick spoke about how much he missed home. She knew what he meant. Though death didn’t scare her, she couldn’t help but feel a little sentimental. She’d had a lot of fun learning the ways of a Career, she’d even kind of liked learning the District’s trade, and District 4 was a beautiful place filled with wonderful people. She hoped that perhaps her District partner would make it home, get to spend more than just one extra day in Four.
He agreed with her comment about the central lake and the moment after Chaska, carrying Eden, had stepped out of the water their theory was proven correct. Caspia watched the water rise, looking intrigued.
~9:55 PM~
Later, Caspia & the other Careers had finished making camp next to a wide, slow-flowing river, a familiar sight which Caspia had viewed eagerly. She nodded gratefully as Eden provided them all with a packet of dried fruit each and when he mentioned catching fish her head shot up and she quickly swallowed the dried piece of apple she’d been chewing on.
”I could take first watch and catch us some fish.” She volunteered, her statement simple but her voice eager. She wiggled her trident at everyone. ”I’ve definitely got the best tool for it.”
Eden then asked about everyone’s home Districts and Caspia smiled fondly. While the anger in Gloria’s tone betrayed a little dislike for her home district, Caspia was excited to tell tales of Four. She decided to start with just a snippet of one of her favourite things about home, leaving the chance for the others to add their own inputs. She was intrigued to learn about District One and Two, though she also wanted to hear what Killick loved most about Four.
”Life in Four is great. You’ve never really ran until you’ve raced barefoot down a beach, trying not to burn your feet on the sand.”

———

Felix Prestman | District 12 | Location: Heading West | Tags: Penny
Penny’s face wasn’t in the greatest shape but as he looked it over Felix realised he had nothing that could help, he was useless without any medical supplies. She said she would be okay, but she seemed a little frazzled. Once they’d reached the rocks he slid down one, bringing his knees up to tuck under his chin. He hadn’t realised how tiring this had all been until they’d stopped to rest.
It wasn’t long before a distinctive chime directed Felix’s eyes towards the sky. Gently a parachute floated down to land between them and he watched as Penny opened the capsule. She appeared overwhelmed with emotion upon finding a quilt, Felix was glad that someone had sent her a gift especially since it appeared to cheer her up a little.
~9:55PM~
They had stuck around in the nook guarded from the wind for the rest of the daylight hours, Felix discovering the cooking knife within his collapsible pot and then finding some raspberries on a scraggly little bush nearby. Placing the raspberries in his pot between him and Penny, he now sat and listened to the Capitol’s anthem — staring up at the sky. There had been 6 deaths, meaning 18 tributes remained. In the dim light he looked over to Penny, the temperature was dropping and he was beginning to wonder if they should have tried to collect some sticks for a fire or if that would have just drawn some tributes towards them.
”So, what are all those words on your quilt?” He asked curiously, filling the silence that had been left when the death recap had left the sky. ”It’s from your home, right?”

🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a b c d e » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:31 am

Zoe Marius of District 11
Tagged: Allies

Zoe smiled at her ally's concern. "We'll be fine," she seconded. She nestled into a v-shaped crook in the branches and gazed out into the darkness. Night had fallen quickly and Zoe had the feeling that it would be cold if not for the heat rising from the mud. "So," she said after a bit."Do you have any family back home?"
a b c d e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 pm

Tagged: Careers
Gloria's voice held quite a bitter edge. She seemed to have a chip on her shoulder regarding either District One or District Two, potentially both. Eden looked at her with patient sympathy in his eyes. Maybe she was just feeling unwell - a good night's sleep would remedy that, he hoped. He would've offered a cup of tea if he had ingredients. "Let me know if anything's bothering you, alright?"
Thankfully, Caspia came to the rescue again with her good-natured attitude. Eden smiled as she offered to fish while taking first watch. "I could take watch with you," He said. "Maybe I'll learn a thing or two about fishing. I'll have a good role model!"
He chuckled at the thought of sprinting across hot sand. "That sounds fun, but wow - I never knew sand could get that hot. Are those kinds of temperatures normal in District Four? It's pretty mild in District One so I've never experienced heat like that."

NPC Antagonists Update
Finally, it was dark. After an entire evening of hiding in the reeds, Demitra was ready to strike under night's concealing cover. She drew closer to the tributes' camp, slow and silent as a hunting alligator would be. Sienna and Zoe appeared to be taking watch together, but Colby left the tent to check on them. There was a fourth member still inside. At a terrible numbers disadvantage, Demitra knew it was impossible to attack them all. If she wanted to take down the alliance, she'd have to compromise their only shelter first.
With a flick of her wrist, a throwing knife sailed towards the tent. It tore through the fabric as Demitra took aim with one more knife. This time, she sent it hurtling towards Zoe, the youngest of the alliance. Better to take her out before mutts got to her. Without waiting for a cannon, Demitra turned tail and fled. A part of her wondered if one of Zoe's allies would take the knife instead.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anathema » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:05 pm

(x𝐊 𝐈 𝐋 𝐋 𝐈 𝐂 𝐊x𝐀 𝐂 𝐐 𝐔 𝐀 𝐓 𝐈x)

( district 4 )x( location: careers' camp )x( tags: careers )

Though dinner wasn't much, Killick was still extremely grateful to be eating at all. He popped a dried mango into his mouth and glanced over at Eden to let him know he was paying attention to what he had to say.
    Gloria responded to Eden's question first; Killick was eager to hear more about life back in Two. He'd gotten some ideas at lunch during training when Chaska talked about some of the foods they had there, but he wanted to know about other things as well -- like what did they did for fun, and the significance or lack thereof of family and friends. From what he could tell so far, District One seemed like the nicest place to live in general whereas District Two was the best place for aspiring Careers.
    Gloria didn't really share much about Two other than the geography of it, though. Killick wondered if Chaska would contribute more. He also wondered what Gloria meant by the lack of glamor; they were the second-richest district, after all.
    Caspia then piped up, and Killick nodded along in agreement with her words before adding in some of his own.
    "There's always people on the beach, too," he said. "Rain or shine, cold or warm... and I was one of those people. I went surfing every day, if I could help it. Chilling in the tube of a wave is the best thing ever; it's breathtaking and bizarre at the same time."

anathema ‣ grad student ‣ 21+
kinda only here to rp and trade lolz

x
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵

Postby Runnersback » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Sienna Mach-North| D7 |17|Tags:Moses,Colby| loc: Marshes -> west
It had all happened too fast first the question then the knives. She couldn’t see who had been hit but the tent was officially destroyed and Moses had fell through and hit a branch. But Sienna took the spear and threw it at the attacker missing the coward who had fled but ultimately watching a swamp animal destroy it. And then the cannon she whipped around to see who it was. It wasn’t Moses or Zoe... It was Colby the poor boy had a knife stuck into him and it broke her heart. She softly yanked it out of his chest and discarded it to sink in the marsh waters. Sienna sighed as her lip trembled and she closed his eyes for him. The brunette quickly zipped up his jacket and swaddled him up to make him look a little less gruesome. She would just vent cry about it later. She and Moses had to move and fast. Sienna kissed him on the forehead,“Sweet Dreams,Colby.” She mumbled softly before agilely leaping out of the tree with everything she needed and collected up Moses. Soon the partners were sprinting through the woods heading west and listening to a Capitol craft flying overhead.

Moses Grandy| D7 |18|Tags:Sienna,Colby| loc:Marshes -> west
Moses was asleep till he crashed to the ground but he was still alive till he heard the cannon which led to him ultimately stiffening up as he watched a girl run away. He glanced up to Zoe and Sienna and frowned as his best friend who taught him how to make fire was now dead. Bless Sienna... but thank you Colby for everything. Moses thought watching Sienna leap down as he sprinted with his partner west. He did promise Garry to protect Zoe but it was time to cut their losses. But if Garry was watching he would understand. Moses continued sprinting with Sienna till he felt gravel and stone under foot. Hopefully a creek would be there but honestly it was a hell of a lot better then that swamp. If Moses was going to die he would rather die on horrid rock then ever go back into the south quadrant again. But he kept running with Sienna as they put distance from the contaminated waters and the others. Maybe they would run along to some good tributes. He just hoped it was Jay & Rieka but honestly everyone was better then back there. Even mutt Reyna.
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me