🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Training scores are up!

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:56 am

Icarus Matthias of District Two
Icarus narrowed his eyes as Gloria expressed distrust for her allies. He doubted it would happen, as Career who betrayed the alliance would be forever remembered as a stain, their name and memory stricken from any memorial. Even if they didn't care about honor, betraying was still a dangerous idea. The mentor recalled the horrific fates of traitors past - all but one torn apart by their fellow Careers. There existed only one exception. Clark Taylor had betrayed his allies to win the 4th Games, but the moment he returned to District Four, his old classmates from the Career Club 'welcomed' him with crowbars and baseball bats...
"It would be unwise of them to betray you," Icarus said. "Traitors are not appreciated even if they win - hence why District Four's first victor is dead. Stay alert, but never fall into the mentality of 'betray them before they betray us'."
Chaska also contributed a perfect response, even promising to watch Gloria's back in a worst-case scenario. Icarus made brief eye contact with him and nodded, a small gesture to convey his approval. Although, Gloria only responded with two curt words.
"Get some rest." Icarus dismissed them both. There was nothing left to say, so he left the room without another word.

Edmund Grant of District Four
Edmund chuckled as Killick explained what he did to impress the Gamemakers so much. He could just picture it now, the willowy tribute jabbing and slicing at an entire battallion of dummies. Killick was swift and light on his feet, no doubt the Gamemakers would've enjoyed his performance. Plus, he was a prodigy of a Career! Graduating at seventeen was impressive.
"I wish I'd been there to watch," He chuckled. "But that's alright! Once you get into the arena, I'll watch the heck out of your performance. You'll do amazing!"

Gleam Winston of District Six
"Why do you think they acted like that?" Gleam tipped her head back and let out a laugh. "They want to make you trust them. They want to get you on their side. But once you're in the arena..."
A twisted, horrible grin contorted her sharp features as she sliced a finger across her neck.

Garry Woods of District Seven
Garry wrapped his arms around his tribute so tight, wishing he never had to let go. But Sienna needed to catch up on sleep before the arena. Reluctantly, the mentor released her from his arms.
"Good night, Sienna," He whispered, managing a smile. "I'll look out for you in the arena."
As she left, Garry had to reach for another tissue to wipe his eyes. Was that the last time they'd see each other in person? He hoped not, he desperately hoped not. But nothing was certain in the arena.

Jasper Tiberius of District Eight
"As long as you try, that's enough." Jasper pulled back from the hug and offered his most reassuring smile. At times like this, he desperately wished he was better at the whole optimistic mentor thing. "I believe in you."

Jillian Tybalt of District Ten
Rieka spilled the beans all about her District Eleven friend, a sweet boy named Jay. Vague memories from the reaping came to mind. He was the smallest of the male tributes, around the same size as Rieka herself. They were small, so they'd need less food than a six-foot-tall Career Tribute. It meant they had a genuine chance of outlasting their competition as starvation weakened the others.
"Sounds like a good match for an ally," Jill said with a big smile. "I'm guessing you two will hide together while the other tributes destroy themselves. If that's the case, that's a great plan!"
Jill struggled not to tear up when the kid said she'd miss her. If only she could've taken Rieka's place in the arena. "I'll miss you too."

(This is the final post before the bloodbath!)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ The Bloodbath

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:16 pm

The Bloodbath
11:59 AM

After a final goodbye with the mentors, the circular platforms under each tribute's feet began to rise. Each pedestal ascended through a dark tunnel and then out into the light. The sun beat down over the arena, turning the Cornucopia a marvelous shade of gleaming gold. All around it lay a bounty of supplies for the tributes' taking.
Each tribute wore warm, well-insulated brown jackets over a simple shirt and cargo pants. The boots were mid-calf length and waterproof, but comfortable enough to run with. As for the arena they were dressed for...
This year's arena was arranged around a glistening, beautiful lake. Rising out of the clear waters, a central island held the Cornucopia and tribute pedestals. On the first day, the waters were shallow enough for any tribute to wade across to the mainland.
Four quadrants divided the land surrounding the lake's outer shores, each with its unique ecosystem and lurking dangers.

For the rest of the arena, click here.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Boomed a voice over unseen speakers. "Let the twentieth Hunger Games begin!"

Sixty...
Fifty-nine...
Fifty-eight...
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ May the odds be in your favor!

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:17 pm

Eden Beauregard of District One
Tagged: Fellow Careers
Once Eden's eyes adjusted to the light, he first made eye contact with the other Careers. His expression held determination as he nodded to acknowledge them. Once they'd driven off the problematic tributes like Reyna and Darius, the Cornucopia was theirs for the taking. Eden spotted a trident, a cutlass, a scythe... all the preferred weapons of his allies.
And there! Two beautiful swords, a matching pair of them, leaning against the interior wall of the Cornucopia. Eden couldn't help but smile as he realized they must be meant for him. That's so sweet of the Gamemakers to think of me.
Even as he planned to snatch those swords, his mind turned elsewhere. Sienna and the children. Eden already knew if he encountered them in the bloodbath, he'd throw the fight and let them run. He wouldn't be able to bring himself to kill them.

Fifty-seven...
Fifty-six...
Fifty-five...

Reyna Byrne of District Twelve
Tagged: Sharnaz
Reyna's face fell in horror as the arena came into view. They were on a tiny island surrounded by water! Anything but water! A scowl twisted her expression as she brooded about it, certain the Gamemakers did this on purpose. The water looked shallow enough to wade across, but Reyna recoiled at the very thought. She didn't want to run away.
Her mood brightened when she saw her prize, a massive longsword lying just in the mouth of the Cornucopia. Who cares if a Career wanted that? Reyna was entitled to it, so she would snatch it out from under their snobby noses.
She made eye contact with Sharnaz and smirked. The Careers wouldn't even know what was coming.

Fifty-four...
Fifty-three...
Fifty-two...

The countdown will fall to zero on my next post.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a b c d e » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Zoe Marius of District 11
Tagged: None

Zoe's heart was pounding furiously as the clear glass tube rose slowly yet surely towards the top. At the last second, extreme panic overtook her and she turned back to face her mentor, pressing her hand against the glass, her eyes wide in terror. But then her mentor's sad face disappeared and turned into...

Water? Zoe thought, her breath coming in sharp, short gasps. She stood up. She saw the ring of pedestals circling the Cornucopia. Because of the way it was ordered, she was next to Felix, and beside him was Reyna. On her other side was Eden, and then next to him was Madeline. Her fear condensed into something so desperate she nearly choked on the salty air. She wanted to survive.

The water was shallow and clear, and she thought she could wade through it. She didn't dare test the water to see if it was salty. She didn't want to be blown up before the Games even started. A timer started, on the top of the Cornucopia. 60... 59... 58...
a b c d e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵

Postby Runnersback » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:05 pm

Sienna Mach-North| D7 |17|Tags:Moses,Colby,Zoe
As Sienna was brought up on her pedestal she was staring at the clock that was beating to her racing heart now.The brunette soon got distracted by the water it couldn’t be deep but if she had to swim she would. Lord knows what the gamemakers night filter into it after they all went there ways. And then her eyes spotted Colby and Zoe,then Eden. She swore her cheeks fired up in a heartbeat but in reality they had paled simultaneously. Sienna shook it off and relaxed bending her knees and squatting before whistling a few times getting Moses’s then Colby’s and finally Zoe’s attention. She started making motions on which way they were heading off together after the bloodbath. Sienna nodded and gave a friendly smile once they agreed as the annoying clock was still pulsating life shattering beeps.That battle axe and pack was meant for her and Moses it just had to be.“Thank you Garry...” She whispered softly seeing snow,meadows,rock,and marshland.

Moses Grandy| D7 |18|Tags:Sienna,Colby,Zoe
Moses heard Sienna’s bird whistles and smirked nodding to his district partner looking at the lake that was between him and the safety away from the cornucopia. Here’s to hoping blankets wouldn’t get soaked as he was bound to snatch them up.His eyes were locked on the bow and arrow set it was too good to be true. Moses zipped up his lightweight jacket adjusting his stance on his pedestal before mouthing the words how about the marsh? Moses cracked his knuckles and tightened his boot laces quickly as the Capital and his mentor was going to get quite the show. He couldn’t help glaring at the boy Greg and the hauty girl named Winona. Winona was his first target before many else at the cornucopia.
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ It's training day!

Postby rose petals. » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:48 pm

GᒪOᖇIᗩ ᒪᗩᑕE
|female|2|career|tags: none|

Gloria rose calmly, wrinkling her nose as she saw water. It would ruin her clothes! And she hadn’t planned on swimming. She was glad that she had her mother’s earrings to bling up her uniform, it was so bland without them. Spotting a sword, Gloria knew she should get her hands on that first, but she had her mind set on the more powerful weapons that laid in the cornucopia.

ᑕOᒪᗷY ᗰᗩᖇKᔕ
|male|6|tribute|tags: none|

Colby had Gleam’s last conversation with him seared into his mind while he rose to the top. Stone cold with beads of sweat on his face Colby looked around for Sienna and Moses. They were close, being from 7, close enough to trip. But NO, he would never do that. Instead he would protect them, especially Zoe. She reminded him so much of Mae. A tent stuck out to him a little ways away, it was a bit closer to the cornucopia than he planned, but it would help his friends.

ᑭEᑎᑎY ᔕYᒪᐯEᔕTEᖇ
|female|8|tribute|tags: jasper|

Penny had a heartfelt goodbye with Jasper before she was trapped in an airtight tube, feeling the platform rising under her feet, Penny felt like her heart would beat out of her chest. The sun glinting off of a large shiny lake made the girl squint, and she looked around for Felix. Her ally made her feel safe, and she didn’t like the suspense without knowing where he was.
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☭ xiv, ☣ xiii, 🍭 xi

Postby Zyn » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:07 pm

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚡 ☭
District 2 || Career || Male || Eighteen || The Mad Dog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☭ Location: Pedestal
☭ Tags: Careers
☭ Mood: Determined

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    As the pedestal rose Chaska dropped into a crouch before the pedestal had even hit the surface. As soon as the pedestal came to a stop and his eyes adjusted he realized he was the first to get ready. Though the tributes from district seven quickly followed suit. Finally his gaze fell on Eden and he made eye contact with district one male. He didn't really understand what they were trying to convey but he assumed he would find out soon enough. Instead of dwelling on it he turned eyes to the Cornucopia. The first thing he laid eyes on were the weapons inside the treasure trove. A pair of swords, a trident, a cutlass and a scythe. His eyes narrowed at the sight of his favorite weapon. No doubt someone had pulled some strings and gotten one place there. His only worry as the girl from district eleven. He had seen the way she had looked at him when he took the scythe from Sienna. No doubt she fancied herself and proper scythe wielder. He wasn't really worried about getting to the weapon first, he was mostly worried that she would try and take it from him. Fighting a kid wasn't exactly what he wanted to do right off the bat. However there were other ways to make sure she didn't get any funny ideas. With renewed determination he focused in the the scythe.

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓏 𝒜𝒹𝓋𝒶𝓃𝒾 ☣
District 5 || Tribute || Female || Seventeen || The False Prophet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☣ Location: Pedestal
☣ Tags: Reyna
☣ Mood: Focused

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sharnaz's lips curled into a small grin as she looked around the island, it was surrounded by water. No doubt the currently depth of the water would change. It was too easy right now, no doubt it was to put them ill at ease. After she had looked at the surrounding islands long enough she turned her gaze to the treasure trove around them. The first thing she saw was a water bottle that was closer to the Cornucopia. The next thing she spotted was a pair of daggers and she knew what she need to grab. Both things would be useful and the water bottle would be useful for controlling Reyna. She had planned on making Reyna get stuff for her but these were just far enough away from the Cornucopia that if she ran as fast as she could she should be able to reach it and get away before falling prey to the blood bath. With that she turned her gaze to her ally who seemed to have similar thoughts. Sharing a smirk with the other girl she knew they were going to be just fine.

🍭 ℜ𝔦𝔢𝔨𝔞 𝔊ü𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 🍭
District 10 || Tribute || Female || Thirteen || The Young Wolf

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
🍭 Location: Pedestal
🍭 Tags: Jay, Moses, Sienna
🍭 Mood: Overwhelmed

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    As the platform rose Rieka found herself squinting into the light blinking rapidly as her eyes adjusted. The first thing she spotted was the huge Cornucopia which was a lovely shade of gold with the streaming light. Around it was tons of supplies surrounding it. From where she stood she could see a water canteen calling her name. She had decided not to run to the supplies but it was there just begging her to grab it. It was then and there she decided to make a run for the water canteen, it would be perfect for helping her and Jay survive. With that decision she turned her gaze to the other tributes. The careers where talking without actually talking and Moses and Sienna had dropped into a crouch. Clearly they were getting ready to bolt the moment the countdown ended. Mimicking the district seven she dropped into a crouch. As she dropping into a crouch she was suddenly very grateful for the ribbons holding her twin buns in place. The top half of her hair was pulled into two buns and the rest was braided back. It kept her hair out of her eyes. With a deep breath she moved her gaze to Jay, she hoped that she would be able to find him. Then she turned her attention back to the water canteen, her heart pounded in her chest and filled her head with a thundering beat.

Last edited by Zyn on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a b c d e » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:43 am

Tagged: Sienna, Moses, Colby

Zoe took a few deep breaths to calm herself down and did a few stretches to warm herself up. If she was going to make it, she was going to have to be smart. And fast. She peered towards the Cornucopia and saw a few things far away from it that she could probably reach: a cooking pot, two water canteens, a yellow backpack, and more. She zoned in on a box of matches and remembered that Rieka was the fire queen and would most likely snatch them up before she could even step off her pedestal. She looked around and saw a small first aid kit a little closer to the Cornucopia but far enough away from the matches to be safe. She decided to go for that, and then make a run for the marshes, which were behind her. If her allies were there, great. If not, she'd go find them, or they'd find her.

The Cornucopia's bright golden light blinded her when she looked towards it, and only caught a glimpse of Sienna's caramel hair standing next to Moses. She saw Moses mouth something about the marshes and sighed in relief. They were going there after all. Colby must know, since he was right next to them. She narrowed her eyes and started shaking herself ready, looking at the first-aid kit. Her allies seemed to have other things in mind as well: Sienna was honed in a battle axe resting on the side of the golden horn and Colby seemed set on a large tent halfway to the Cornucopia.

She looked up to the sky and offered a silent prayer. To whom? She had no idea.
a b c d e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ The Fight Begins

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:43 am

The Fight Begins
12:00 PM

Three...
Two...
One...
Zero.

The sound of a gong echoed throughout the arena, signalling the grace period was over. All tributes were released from their pedestals to run - whether towards the Cornucopia or away from its deceptive bounty. It was time for the fight to truly begin.

Notes:
➵ The killer is allowed to power-play the death of their bloodbath victim.
Any other power-playing is not allowed. Don't control others' legitimate characters.
➵ During the Games, please read others' posts carefully to avoid confusion!

Eden Beauregard of District One
Tagged: Darius, Rieka
The moment the gong sounded, Eden hit the ground running. He'd have to arm himself before making any move to seize supplies or defend his allies. Long, strong legs carried him swiftly to the Cornucopia, where he took the matching pair of swords into his hands and swung them around once, cutting through air. A grateful smile brightened his face. The beautiful blades weighed just right for him.
He had to keep moving. Green eyes scanned the island, making sure his allies weren't in danger. No one had attacked a fellow Career just yet, but he spotted Darius with a machete in hand, sneaking up behind the smallest tribute. Rieka.
"How dare you!" He'd never shouted with such rage before, but his voice could be heard clear around the Cornucopia. Darius's dirty tricks stood no chance of going unnoticed now. A young man of his word, Eden followed up by charging the dishonorable ruffian with every intention to strike him down. Darius turned tail and ran, splashing through the water as he fled with only the machete.

"Out of all the filthy cowards with neither honor nor discipline..." Eden muttered, cursing in the unique non-vulgar way of Distict One. The rage on his face faded to concern as he looked over Rieka for injuries. Relieved she seemed unharmed, Eden moved on.
On his honor as a Career, he had no intention of killing children in the bloodbath. Only blade-damned cowards would resort to bullying the smallest opponents on purpose. Eden pretended not to acknowledge Rieka, but he remained nearby as he took a large green backpack from the sand. He'd keep an eye on the poor girl until she safely fled the chaos of the bloodbath.

(Zyn gave me the permission/idea for this post! <3)

Reyna Byrne of District Twelve
Tagged: Sharnaz, Bridgette, Sienna
Reyna shot an malicious smirk in her ally's direction. This would be plenty of fun. As soon as the gong rang, she leaped off her platform and went straight for the Cornucopia. Eden got there first, but was gone before Reyna could reach him. What a shame. She'd have loved to beat that loser at his own game.
By the time she reached the Cornucopia, some stupid blonde had taken her longsword. Reyna punched that girl in the face and ripped the weapon from her hands. As Bridgette reeled back, Reyna took the opportunity to test her new blade on a real person. Moments later, the District Nine moron thudded to the ground as a cannon fired. A triumphant grin spread across Reyna's face.
She strutted out of the Cornucopia, head held high, as if challenging the Careers and others to mess with her. That's when she spotted the battle axe. Reyna's small brain made the connection between District Seven and axes, and she knew Sienna would want that weapon. Not if I get there first! Grinning arrogantly, Reyna strode forward to pick up 'her' new axe.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a b c d e » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:10 am

Tagged: Moses, Sienna, Colby

As soon as the sound of the gong hit the air, Zoe was off. She wasn't a particularly fast runner, but her legs were strong and soon enough she was at the first aid kit, grabbing it off the ground and tucking it safely under her arm, not even shaking the water off her boots. Reyna shot past her and started fighting with a blonde girl, completely ignoring the matches. Zoe seized her chance and, doubling back, snatched up the small box of matches and sloshing back through the water. She sped through the marshlands until she found a tree that she quickly scaled, wanting to watch the rest of the cornucopia battles. She watched as Reyna stood over the body of the blonde tribute she had killed, and Eden scaring off the tribute who had tried to kill Rieka.
a b c d e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me