Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Open & Accepting!

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:38 am

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|Female|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Dining Pavilion|Tags: Juliet (mentioned), Ophelia|

A genuine smile tugged at Mirabelle's lips as Ophelia returned the compliment. "Thanks," she replied warmly. When the other girl tried to explain her frightening makeup, Mirabelle's smile curled upwards into a knowing smirk, and her eyes narrowed. Not much got past the perceptive blonde. She refrained from commenting, however - though she didn't get involved herself, Mirabelle was fine with a prank here and there; so long as no one got hurt. It was all in good fun, right? She made a mental note to keep an eye out just in case.
As they reached the dining pavilion, Mirabelle started growing anxious about the time. The summer campers would be arriving soon, and she needed to be there to greet them. She decided to grab something quick from the buffet of food and just eat it on the way. "I have to get to Half-Blood Hill to welcome the new campers," she started, sliding a piece of avocado toast onto a plate. "It was nice talking with you, though!" She smiled apologetically towards Ophelia, turning to leave. As she did so, she caught Juliet's eye over at the Hermes table. The two girls made uncomfortable eye contact for a moment. The daughter of Aphrodite eventually broke it; dropping her gaze to her food as an excuse.

|Juliet Pratten|16|Female|Hermes|Location: Dining Pavilion|Tags: Mirabelle (mentioned), Open|

Juliet reached the dining pavilion in record time. She stacked a few waffles on her plate, dousing them in maple syrup. She seated herself at the practically empty Hermes table and started wolfing down her breakfast, eager to finish so she could break into the camp store before all of the summer campers arrived. Hearing some chatter nearby, she turned to look for the source - and made eye contact with a particular daughter of Aphrodite. They held it for a moment; Juliet's insides squirming with a mixture of emotions. She narrowed her eyes until Mirabelle looked away. Emitting a soft sigh, Juliet turned back to her waffles.

|Chuck Oakes|Male|Satyr|Location: Walking to Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Open|

Chuck stacked about three different options from the dining pavilion onto a plate, including some silverware. When he'd finished, he sandwiched it between another plate. "Like, The perfect sandwhich," the satyr thought aloud. He began eating it rather messily as he made his way to Half-Blood Hill. The act of eating took up too much of his attention; rendering him mostly oblivious to his surroundings.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:39 am

Ophelia Rogers|Female|Aphrodite|Location: Dining pavilion|tags: Mira (just left), Juliet, open
Ophelia blushed at Mira's knowing look, but thankfully it was hidden by her makeup. She enjoyed the warm silence between them as they walked to the dining pavilion, making sure to arch her back and stride in gracefully, in case anyone was looking their way.
She began forming a pancake base for her food, and selecting several colorful fruits to decorate them while Mirabelle picked up a piece of avacado toast. She was inwardly glad that no one was here yet to observe her childish need to play with her food to destress, except a Hermes camper who was otherwise engaged.
"Oh, see you later then!" Ophelia responded, sad to see her sister go, but knowing that being a counselor had given her many responsibilities. They could talk again later, right?
She noticed a look pass between Mira and the Hermes girl, and frowned, making a mental note to find out the reason. Mira left Ophelia alone for her counselor duties.
For now, she sat at a table facing the back of the Hermes girl and began working on her pancakes, forming a miniture version of the dragon on her shield (or a large version of the dragon on her bracelet), and worked with textures, glancing up occasionally to muse at the newfound threat. That look, it had to mean something, and whatever it was, her Mira couldn't be at fault.
No, she frowned, this girl had to be the problem. Ophelia had seen clashing before, but there was no way one put that awful shade of green over the obnoxiously orange camp t-shirts without an ulterior motive.
As a fashion cyclone herself, Ophelia should know.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:50 am

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|Female|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Chuck(mentioned), Astren's car (mentioned), Open|

Mirabelle finished the last of her toast as she walked briskly across camp. She deftly opened the small orange pill bottle in her purse, carefully plucking a small white pill and dry swallowing. She knew it wasn't necessarily good to take celexa without water, but she felt that she had to do it now for fear of forgetting later. Thinking back on her encounter with Juliet, Mirabelle could feel a rush of anxiety, guilt, and pain threatening to overtake her. No, she mentally remarked. I refuse to let her get me all worked up. She steeled herself, donning her typical mask of contentment despite the lingering storm of emotions. Still... the thought of anyone finding out about the whole Juliet situation sent her heart fluttering. Just think about something else, it'll be okay. Suppressing the uncomfortable memories, the Aphrodite head counselor's thoughts drifted back to the dream she'd had. She couldn't exactly remember the details, but it had been cold... frigidly so. She recalled the feeling of not being able to move. There was... a blizzard, I think? And a mountain... huh. She'd recognised the snow-covered mountain in her dream, but in the waking world, it was hard to put a finger on it.
Mirabelle was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice she'd reached Half-Blood Hill. That is, until a certain satyr greeted her with a rather cheesy grin. She mustered a smile and waved back at him, but didn't initiate conversation - she was saving her energy for dealing with the summer campers.
The Aphrodite counselor noticed a car drive into view past the camp borders, and took a deep breath. Here we go. As she had many times before, she plastered a more welcoming expression across her face. The thought struck her that she probably should've worn her Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, seeing as it was the first day and all. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, she mentally remarked; an old French idiom her father used to say. I'll just change into it later tonight.

|Juliet Pratten|16|Female|Hermes|Location: Dining Pavilion|Tags: Ophelia (mentioned)|

Juliet was too distracted to notice that she was being watched. She continued eating her stack of waffles, ruminating on the events of last autumn. Whatever, she thought, rolling her eyes. If Mira wants to be all weird about it, that's her problem. She stuffed another slice of a waffle into her mouth, chewing thoughtfully. I mean, it's not like we haven't seen each other around since then... Juliet furrowed her brow, pursing her lips. I just don't get why she has to make such a big deal out of everything. Geez.

|Chuck Oakes|Male|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Mirabelle (mentioned), Open|

Chuck was only halfway through his plate-and-breakfast-buffet sandwich by the time he made it to Half-Blood Hill. The satyr was... nervous, to say the least, about the influx of returning campers. He shifted on his hooves, taking a large bite of his strange meal as he waited by Thalia's pine tree. A familiar blonde caught his eye as he surveyed the surrounding area. He smiled widely at her and waved, which was met by a more subdued reaction than he was used to. Chuck made a mental note to check in with Mira later; something seemed a little off with her.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:48 am

Ophelia Rogers|Female|Aphrodite|Location: Dining pavilion|tags: Juliet, open

Too hungry to continue playing with her food, Ophelia devoured her creation.
Once that was done, she flipped open the mirror locket on her bracelet to check her makeup, and delicately patted crumbs and berry juice off her lips with a napkin.
She stared intently at herself, and considered her false eye (which would look so much better if only she trusted a Hecate kid enough to complete the illusion), before snapping her mirror shut, and pulling her hair out of it's dilapitated bun.
She shook it out, careful to protect her fake eye, then pulled the top half up into a ponytail, leaving the too short strands over her neck, before putting her plate away and approaching the Hermes girl, who was now deep in thought.

She tugged the left wing off of her pendant, flipping the blade out onto the table with an audible thud to catch the girl's attention. "I don't think we've met," She said, looking down at the girl with a disarming smile. She thrust her unoccupied right arm out over the girl's plate of food, almost mechanically."Ophelia, Aphrodite cabin." Ophelia said, dropping her mother's name like a bomb, and staring expectantly at the girl.
Now to see if it was her heritage, or Mira in particular the girl took issue with.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:57 am

Kade Turner | Athena | Tagging: Hank, Izzy | Location: Camp, Lake

"Hah! It’s okay," Kade promised when Hank hurried to restrain the dog. The brunette reached forward to stroke her between the ears, then stood up again and faced his friend, spreading his arms as he noticed Hank looking him up and down, as if he were analyzing him or something. He’d seen that expression before. "So? Do I look to be one piece still?" The young man asked, tone light and cheerful. "I’m doing okay all-in-all. Decided last year I’ve got better chances being a year-round camper, so I’ve just been here. Not a ton of action."
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:05 am

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|Female|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Chuck(mentioned), Astren's car (mentioned), Open|

Mirabelle finished the last of her toast as she walked briskly across camp. She deftly opened the small orange pill bottle in her purse, carefully plucking a small white pill and dry swallowing. She knew it wasn't necessarily good to take celexa without water, but she felt that she had to do it now for fear of forgetting later. Thinking back on her encounter with Juliet, Mirabelle could feel a rush of anxiety, guilt, and pain threatening to overtake her. No, she mentally remarked. I refuse to let her get me all worked up. She steeled herself, donning her typical mask of contentment despite the lingering storm of emotions. Still... the thought of anyone finding out about the whole Juliet situation sent her heart fluttering. Just think about something else, it'll be okay. Suppressing the uncomfortable memories, the Aphrodite head counselor's thoughts drifted back to the dream she'd had. She couldn't exactly remember the details, but it had been cold... frigidly so. She recalled the feeling of not being able to move. There was... a blizzard, I think? And a mountain... huh. She'd recognised the snow-covered mountain in her dream, but in the waking world, it was hard to put a finger on it.
Mirabelle was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice she'd reached Half-Blood Hill. That is, until a certain satyr greeted her with a rather cheesy grin. She mustered a smile and waved back at him, but didn't initiate conversation - she was saving her energy for dealing with the summer campers.
The Aphrodite counselor noticed a car drive into view past the camp borders, and took a deep breath. Here we go. As she had many times before, she plastered a more welcoming expression across her face. The thought struck her that she probably should've worn her Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, seeing as it was the first day and all. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, she mentally remarked; an old French idiom her father used to say. I'll just change into it later tonight.

|Juliet Pratten|16|Female|Hermes|Location: Dining Pavilion|Tags: Ophelia|

Juliet nearly jumped when a loud thud pulled her out of her thoughts. She raised an eyebrow at the other girl's aggressive approach, seeming slightly surprised yet wholly unperturbed. "Juliet," she replied, not without a hint of wariness. "Hermes." She crossed her legs casually, putting her elbow up on the table and resting her head in her right hand. Her hazel eyes narrowed as she tried to figure out what this 'Ophelia''s game was. "So..." she started, not entirely sure where she was going. "Are you here to just show off your cool makeup skills? Or... do you want something?" she glanced up at the rather imposing third eye on Ophelia's forehead with an impressed look.

|Chuck Oakes|Male|Satyr|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Mirabelle (mentioned), Open|

Chuck was only halfway through his plate-and-breakfast-buffet sandwich by the time he made it to Half-Blood Hill. The satyr was... nervous, to say the least, about the influx of returning campers. He shifted on his hooves, taking a large bite of his strange meal as he waited by Thalia's pine tree. A familiar blonde caught his eye as he surveyed the surrounding area. He smiled widely at her and waved, which was met by a more subdued reaction than he was used to. Chuck made a mental note to check in with Mira later; something seemed a little off with her.

WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyctomancy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:24 am

vincent whittaker/ son of ares, nike legacy ( counselor ) / seventeen / closeted bi / location: camp (ares cabin) / tags: half-siblings
      Vincent rises when the sun’s high in the sky, the majority of his siblings already up and puttering around. It’s the sound of a fight that rouses him, the tone of two voices rising hirer and hirer as the atmosphere blooms into something heavy and suffocating, that finally encourages Vincent to wake. “What’sgoingon?” He mumbles, voice thick with sleep. When his low rumbles go unnoticed by the two, he clears his throat and tries again. “Hey, knock it off.” This too, doesn’t work. The tense ambiance grows thicker, one of his sisters pulling back her arm, hands clenched into a fist ready to strike.

“I said cut it out,” Vincent booms, his voice all light cheer but full of cold intent. A chilling feeling creeps into the room, blanketing the anger with a tense atmosphere of raw, unbridled fear that stops the argument in it’s tracks for a moment. But one moment is all he needs. Vincent cuts the aura, reeling the cold and terror back inside him, before laying a hand down on the shoulder’s of each of the interlopers. “Now,” He says cheerfully, smiling again, “Tell me what happened.”

————————————————

astren byrnes / son of apollo / fifteen / gay / location: camp / tags: mirabelle, chuck (mentioned)
      Even after two years, the entrance of Camp Half Blood never fails to take his breath away. Despite his misgivings about coming this year, he wouldn’t deny that returning to camp felt a bit like coming home. Astren smiles, quiet and tentative as the endless expanse of strawberries come into vision, backed by the Big House in the distance. His mother cuts the engine as they pull up close to the boundary and he’s out of the car before he even realizes what he’s doing, his feet making the decision for him.

He pulls up the back of the Jeep to reach inside and grab his bags, setting them down on the ground besides him. His mother comes around the back to help, lugging with her the small pack that had been sitting in the front seat. She sets it down to wrap her arms around him, pulling him into a tight embrace. Astren lifts his hands to hug her back, clinging to the back of her sundress for a moment. “I’m gonna miss you,” He mumbles, embarrassed, before pulling back.

”Me too sweetheart,” She says, ruffling his hair. Astren steps back with a loud squawk, as she continues, “Don’t forget to write.”

“I won’t!” He says, slinging his pack over his shoulder, and grabbing his two duffle bags. He turns towards the camp entrance, drawing in a quick, steadying breath, before stepping forward. “I’ll see you at the end of summer!” Unwilling to watch her drive off, Astren straightens his shoulders and turns away. In the distance, he can see a couple of figures wading towards the fields, hear the din of laughter and excitement on the breeze. He manages a brave smile, and takes a step forward.

salem cross / nemesis legacy, hecate legacy / sixteen / aroflux / location: the void / tags: nonexistent
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:01 am

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|Female|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren|

Mirabelle's heart pounded as she watched the jeep pull up outside the camp entrance. Here they come, she mentally remarked. Though it would be nice to have more people around, her earlier discomfort still lingered. She shoved it down behind a mask of friendliness, as she'd done many times before. It wasn't entirely facetious, per say... though not entirely genuine either. When she saw two figures embrace in the distance, she had to turn away. It was touching of course, but the interaction brought back memories of her father. Guilt threatened to overtake Mirabelle, but she did what she was best at - she bottled it up, dragging her thoughts away from the painful memories. Seeing other demigods with their parents was always the hardest part of summer arrivals for her. It reminded her of what she could never have. The willowy blonde forced her melancholic feelings aside with a sigh. Donning a welcoming expression, she strode forward to meet the demigod halfway.
"Hi there!" Mirabelle greeted him, doing her best to sound cheerful. "Are you new or returning?" She thought she vaguely recognised the silver-haired demigod, but couldn't quite place her finger on a name... which was a bit odd, seeing as she knew most of the returning demigods on sight. Perks of being a social butterfly. That being said, it had been quite a while since she'd seen the summer campers, and a lot could change in nine months!

Juliet nearly jumped when a loud thud pulled her out of her thoughts. She raised an eyebrow at the other girl's aggressive approach, seeming slightly surprised yet wholly unperturbed. "Juliet," she replied, not without a hint of wariness. "Hermes." She crossed her legs casually, putting her elbow up on the table and resting her head in her right hand. Her hazel eyes narrowed as she tried to figure out what this 'Ophelia''s game was. "So..." she started, not entirely sure where she was going. "Are you here to just show off your cool makeup skills? Or... do you want something?" she glanced up at the rather imposing third eye on Ophelia's forehead with an impressed look.

Chuck reluctantly strode forward to greet any arriving demigods, but quickly noticed that Mirabelle was already on it. Like, thank the gods, the satyr silently prayed. He doubted he'd do a good job anyways, given how anxious he was. New people always made him nervous - even if those people weren't really new. But Chuck knew his time would come sooner or later, and he'd just end up a rambling mess as usual. He shoved the remainder of his breakfast sandwich in his mouth as an excuse not to socialise for now.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:04 am

Ophelia Rogers|Female|Aphrodite|Location: Dining Pavilion|tags: Juliet, open
Ophelia blinked. She was glad her look was effective, but perhaps she had been too aggresive? No way. Still, she flipped her blade back into it's travel position and reattached it to her necklace, widening her eyes a fraction and pulling out of Juliet's space as she did so. But she still held her hand out, albeit at a normal distance.
"Neither, I just wanted us to meet before there's all those new campers." She said brightly, noticing the girl-Juliet's- bright hazel eyes that almost made the colors of her clothes stay at peace, almost being the operative word.
She was kicking herself, knowing that she should have been more diplomatic if she'd wanted to know Juliet's true feelings.
"Kinda funny how we're both named after dead Shakespeare heroines, huh?" She said, attempting to at least build a rapport with the Hermes camper.

Henry "Hank" David Walker|Male|Apollo|Location: Near the lake|tags: Izzy, Kade

"Ah," Hank said, flashing his friend a grin before releasing the now much calmer dog to greet him. He reminded himself to grab an extra CHB t-shirt to drape over her for greeting the new campers later. Izzy was always happy to meet new faces, so she made a great icebreaker for new campers.
"You're wrong though, you are missing one thing," Hank said dramatically, fighting to keep the smile off his face. Before he could wait for the other boy's reaction, his stomach groaned and he winced in response.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am

|Mirabelle Everhart|17|Female|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Half-Blood Hill|Tags: Astren|

Mirabelle's heart pounded as she watched the jeep pull up outside the camp entrance. Here they come, she mentally remarked. Though it would be nice to have more people around, her earlier discomfort still lingered. She shoved it down behind a mask of friendliness, as she'd done many times before. It wasn't entirely facetious, per say... though not entirely genuine either. When she saw two figures embrace in the distance, she had to turn away. It was touching of course, but the interaction brought back memories of her father. Guilt threatened to overtake Mirabelle, but she did what she was best at - she bottled it up, dragging her thoughts away from the painful memories. Seeing other demigods with their parents was always the hardest part of summer arrivals for her. It reminded her of what she could never have. The willowy blonde forced her melancholic feelings aside with a sigh. Donning a welcoming expression, she strode forward to meet the demigod halfway.
"Hi there!" Mirabelle greeted him, doing her best to sound cheerful. "Are you new or returning?" She thought she vaguely recognised the silver-haired demigod, but couldn't quite place her finger on a name... which was a bit odd, seeing as she knew most of the returning demigods on sight. Perks of being a social butterfly. That being said, it had been quite a while since she'd seen the summer campers, and a lot could change in nine months!

Juliet chuckled, shaking Ophelia's outstretched hand with a lax grip. "Pretty funny, yeah," she replied, cracking a small grin. "My mom is like... big into Shakespeare. Even named my ferret Romeo because she thought that would be hilarious." She rolled her eyes in a silly motion. "Anyways, it's nice to meetcha." Juliet neglected to mention the fact that she'd seen Ophelia chatting with Mira earlier - of course they'd talk, she reckoned; they're in the same cabin after all. Besides, the last thing she wanted was to get all personal with someone she'd just met. Instead, Juliet looked Ophelia up and down, fixating again on the incredibly lifelike third eye in the centre of her forehead. "You looking to scare some summer campers with your fierce attitude and makeup, there?" she inquired playfully. "'Cause if you do... mad respect. I'm very much looking forward to having new pranking victims. Drawing mustaches on Mr. D's face when he's sleeping gets old kinda quick."

Chuck reluctantly strode forward to greet any arriving demigods, but quickly noticed that Mirabelle was already on it. Like, thank the gods, the satyr silently prayed. He doubted he'd do a good job anyways, given how anxious he was. New people always made him nervous - even if those people weren't really new. But Chuck knew his time would come sooner or later, and he'd just end up a rambling mess as usual. He shoved the remainder of his breakfast sandwich in his mouth as an excuse not to socialise for now.

WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me