Sites that DO NOT allow off-site trading [Old thread]

Post here for trades involving items, pets, points or currency from other websites (FR, Wajas, mweor, etc)

Re: Sites, which DO NOT allow off-site trades

Postby LiveForever » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:37 am

gemini_girl wrote:
x_Gillian_x wrote:
gemini_girl wrote:Also add Aywas they just passed that rule today...

I thought Aywas just didn't want us to trade using Real Life Currencies/Gift Cards etc ^^;

o_o oh maybe I read that wrong I am sick..........

Edit *sneezes*

USD Sales. and Cross-Site Trading Unless expressly allowed by Aywas administration, users may not sell any accounts, pets, items, currency or any other property of Aywas.com for real life money, included but not limited to United States Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, Gift Cards such as Visa Giftcard, Mastercard, Amazon Gift Card, etc. Aywas administration allows users their to trade their Aywas pets, items, and currency for any pets, items and currency on other sites, providing said site also allows reciprocal trading. Users may sell original artwork, graphics, coding, writing, etc. for real life currencies provided they do not contain any official Aywas artwork.

The part in red says cross-site trading...*shrugs*

Awww, you poor thing :( Get well soon ! <3

Oops, I must've missed that bit D:
Image Image

LiveForever

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lynxy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:52 pm

someone contacted howrse aand tey said we could offsite trade if we didnt advert on the site.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I got troubled thoughts
And the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

hi! I'm lynx, i'm nonbinary, refer to me using they/them pronouns.
deviantartflight rising
click lynx if you want a floatie
Lynxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 am

USD Sales. and Cross-Site Trading Unless expressly allowed by Aywas administration, users may not sell any accounts, pets, items, currency or any other property of Aywas.com for real life money, included but not limited to United States Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, Gift Cards such as Visa Giftcard, Mastercard, Amazon Gift Card, etc. Aywas administration allows users their to trade their Aywas pets, items, and currency for any pets, items and currency on other sites, providing said site also allows reciprocal trading. Users may sell original artwork, graphics, coding, writing, etc. for real life currencies provided they do not contain any official Aywas artwork.

That's the important part.

Drucilla wrote:There seems to be a ton of confusion about trading Howrse items/ passes.
I messaged a moderator on howrse to ask if this was ok. They responded to tell me that I could sell/ trade my Howrse stuff however I wanted (on or off site) as long as I didn't post it on THEIR forums. For those of you who play howrse, you understand that their forums are very strict and do not allow for random topics like this. However, the howrse moderator told me I could advertise off-site or on my personal Howrse profile page. I have direct permission from them ;) .

Apparently, the confusion begins when people post this type of topic on a Howrse forum. The topic then gets locked with "this is against the rules". However, in a direct PM with the moderator she clarified that is is NOT the fact that the items/ howrses are being traded off-site that is breaking the rules, just that it is being posted on their forums (each thread has a very specific purpose), and they get very upset it you create un-related posts within the forums.

Gosh, what a mess... I'll put it off the list.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gleebees » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 am

Does this include Furry-paws?
My Tumblr

"You're neither friend nor foe,
though I can't seem to let you go,
one thing that I still know
is that you're keeping me
down.

You're onto me, onto me, and all over.
Something always brings me back to you,
it never takes too long."

I would LOVE to be apart of a 1x1 roleplay! Just message me<3
gleebees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christa renz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:14 am

How about FreeRealms?
christa renz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 am

They do not mention off-site trades anywhere. It's probably not construed to do off-site trades.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

Actually, Howrse discourages it greatly. I'm not sure if this counts as "not allowed". I asked in the forums and a mod personally, and you can get in a lot of trouble for it. I was confused too. Here was my PM to them:

Hi Loon Watcher,
I made a post about this in the forums (http://www.howrse.com/member/forum/topic?id=1503322064) but it was suggested that I PM a mod and ask one specifically.
I was wondering what the actual rules for trading Howrse items/Equus/etc for other game currencies/items (such as ChickenSmoothie, Wajas, Khimeros, etc). I saw on one of the threads that it was just highly discouraged and not recommended. On the TOS, I believe it says the same thing. There seems to be some confusion here (as well as other game sites) what the actual policy is. Is it forbidden? Or just highly discouraged? I don't want to break any rules and just want to double check first.
Thanks for the clarification!

And their response:

Hi,
From what I have been told whatever is on Howrse is the property of Owlient and not the actual property of the players. Therefore trading on other sites is something that Howrse and the parent company try to prevent. Since they don't have control of those other sites it is hard to prevent such transactions but the players may be sanctioned here on Howrse if it is discovered. The term strongly discouraged is the best that we can come up. I do know that when players have attempted to "sell" accounts on Ebay Owlient has contacted Ebay and had the sales stopped. They do work with many other sites in this way so I would say that it is not a good idea to try this.

Loon Watcher
No, I don't play CS anymore. Yes, I play on other sites. No, I will not sell my custom item or pet.
Tyr
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:25 am

One mod says this, another mod says that... -.-

I'll go there myself and ask.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:16 pm

That reminds me of my maths class. People give different answers and she gets fed up and goes "Oh, I'll do it myself" xD

Good luck on finding out what's what though.
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Wolfe » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 am

Actually webkinz does allow the sale of codes though so pet codes, trading card codes and what not are allowed
just not actual site items
ImageImage
Lawliet gifted this pet to me as a gift for being a new colorist! thank you so much I love my fat cat ~<3
Image Image
Captain Wolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me