The Sherlock Discussion Topic

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Postby Zarago » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 am

You can find the club here.

Sherlock is a relatively new drama created by the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) about the well-known 'Sherlock Holmes'. Instead of the time set in the books, it's in modern-day times, but the stories are similar.

So, basically, this is a thread where you can discuss everything to do with Sherlock Holmes. Personally, it's one of my favourite programmes on television today and I cannot wait for the next series. You could say that I am 'sherlocked'. You may discuss things related to the actors that play in Sherlock also.

Blogs

Oh, here's some links to the blogs written by the characters. Keep in mind that they aren't real blogs. The actual actors may have contributed, but the majority of them were written by Joseph Lidster.

Connie Prince (Beauty Queen of hearts) by Kenny Prince (the rest of the site is off-limits due to the death of Connie Prince).

The Personal Blog of Dr. John H. Watson by John Watson.

The Science of Deduction by Sherlock Holmes.

Molly Hooper by Molly Hooper.

Stamps

For those who want to let people know that you're sherlocked, here are some of the best free-to-use stamps. All are off Deviantart and yes, I made sure that the creators are fine with other people (off-site) using them.

Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sites

Also, here are a few sites you may want to check out. Beware, some do contain some inappropriate images and spoilers. Enter at your own risk.

Sherlockology (the ultimate guide for any BBC Sherlock fan, apparently).

Sherlock Holmes Fanart (Plenty of art in here, as well as fan fictions.).

Sherlock (BBC) (Lots of fan art in this one).

Videos

Some of the best videos made by the fans. I recommend you to watch them. They are in order of how good I think they are, but the characters are not muddled, so I suppose it's not in that order fully.

my head & my heart I Sherlock BBC (possibly the best one ever created, made by 'KatrinDepp').

will you do this for me? | Sherlock BBC (another beautifully made video by 'KatrinDepp').

Heroes don't exist (yet another stunning video made by 'KatrinDepp').

his room is cold now | Sherlock BBC (another by KatrinDepp).

What might we deduce about his heart? | Sherlock BBC (this one takes Sherlock's personality into consideration. Made by 'ThePteryx').

to lean on the falling man | Sherlock BBC (and another by KatrinDepp. This one's about Molly and Sherlock).

watch you burn | Sherlock BBC (by KatrinDepp. About Moriarty and Sherlock).

John&Sherlock || we might not make it home [2x03] (a beautiful video created by 'Libbeerty' but extremely sad. Prepare for tears).

SHERLOCK// wherever you will go. (prepare for yet more tears. Made by 'Deductism').

Sherlock [Butterflies] (this one isn't excellent, but doesn't deserve to be ignored. Made by 'claireredfild7').

Jim Moriarty | Remember the name (very well-done, but short, made by 'MsLyraGW').

Everybody Loves Me | Jim Moriarty (another well-done but short one. Made by 'MissMillsonxx').

Let It Rock | Jim Moriarty (pretty good with a nice length. Made by 'ThePteryx').

//Moriarty// h e a d s.. w i l l.. r o l l.. ||SHERLOCK.|| (well-edited and probably the most sinister of the lot. Made by 'xXInuBlueXx').

I'm gonna fight 'em off (Jim Moriarty) SHERLOCK BBC (sinister, but good. By 'Lordjabuszko').

We Gon' Run This Town Tonight | Sherlock (nicely edited with a good length, but a bit too muddled. Made by 'MissMillsonxx').

This Is War || Sherlock (BBC) (a rather good one, but not as brilliant as most before. Made by 'MefEagle221').

Jim & Sherlock I O'Death (this one's alright. Rather scary, but a little too long. Made by 'MissMillsonxx').

Lestrade - Everyday Superhero (this one's about Lestrade, and the song suits. Made by 'geekwidacomputer').

Sherlock Caramelldansen (just a little bit of fun, and guaranteed smiles. Made by 'lifeofsheep').

Theories

Stuff about Sherlockian theories.

How Sherlock Did It (a brilliant, illustrated inspiration - the most logical I've seen. Made by 'smudgethistle').

SHERLOCK - How He Faked His Death (an excellent theory of how Sherlock faked his death. Made by 'SalingerThe').

How Sherlock faked his death in 'The Reichenbach Fall' BBC one (another good theory of how Sherlock faked his own death. Made by 'BeeonUtube').

Actors

Stuff about the actors in Sherlock.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman Interview (interview with Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch. Pieced together by 'feilongfan').

Benedict Cumberbatch talks 'Sherlock' (interview with Benedict Cumberbatch about playing Sherlock).

Benedict Cumberbatch reading a fairtytale (just a little bit of fun. By 'romangirl88').

BAFTA - Martin Freeman - "I really did expect it" (a funny clip of Martin Freeman as he received a BAFTA. By 'petescan321').

Martin Freeman's lovely Comments about Benedict Cumberbatch at BAFTAS 2011 (a small interview with Martin Freeman at the BAFTA's. By 'romangirl88').

Get talking, then.

Zarago
Last edited by Zarago on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Zarago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *~*~ Sherlock ~*~*

Postby bubiza » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 am

I love it too, but I think this would need to go in the TV/Music/Films/Book catergory, though.
BUT I LOVE IT. It be my second favorite program, after Casualty.

hello yes there's some pretty awesome bunnies which have instruments which i basically want to hoard so please send trades with them in/easter eggs thank you!

trades fanfiction muse fanclub contest roleplay tumblr paperclip

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bubiza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zarago » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:55 am

ѕυperllαмαpυɴĸ wrote:I love it too, but I think this would need to go in the TV/Music/Films/Book catergory, though.
BUT I LOVE IT. It be my second favorite program, after Casualty.

Oh trifles, you're right. I didn't see that category. Perhaps a moderator will move it soon enough, and if not, I'll contact one.
Zarago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaroque » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:18 am

I love Sherlock Holmes. Cannot stop thinking about it, I'm glad the BBC are doing another series.
John FTW. Hes so huggable.
If you believe in the 'Big Bad Wolf' and you think it's true Wolves are evil, read this and find out the truth:

http://dclwolf.homestead.com/truewolves.html

|dA|FH|DC|A|

Zaroque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zarago » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am

Anyone else dislike the episode 'Scandal in Belgravia'? It's far too sexual for my liking. And, Sherlock having feelings for a woman? Doesn't make sense. I do not like that. I don't like the fact that they mention John being gay because of his care for Sherlock. They're merely good friends. The thought of him being gay shouldn't even have to cross anyone's mind.
Zarago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaroque » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 am

Zarago wrote:
Anyone else dislike the episode 'Scandal in Belgravia'? It's far too sexual for my liking. And, Sherlock having feelings for a woman? Doesn't make sense. I do not like that. I don't like the fact that they mention John being gay because of his care for Sherlock. They're merely good friends. The thought of him being gay shouldn't even have to cross anyone's mind.

Eh, thats why I didn't watch that episode.
If you believe in the 'Big Bad Wolf' and you think it's true Wolves are evil, read this and find out the truth:

http://dclwolf.homestead.com/truewolves.html

|dA|FH|DC|A|

Zaroque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kites » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Zarago wrote:

Exactly why I loved it. He was so awkward around her, it made him seem more human.
Plus the whole gay thing is just funny. Watson cares so much about what other people think about him and Sherlock, it just makes the matter that much funnier.
•Trying to find a username that fits me•

Back from spending the year travelling. ^^

Locations: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Back to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, HOME

~I used to be Sherlock~
Kites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zarago » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 am

Kites wrote:
Zarago wrote:

Exactly why I loved it. He was so awkward around her, it made him seem more human.
Plus the whole gay thing is just funny. Watson cares so much about what other people think about him and Sherlock, it just makes the matter that much funnier.

Well, I suppose there are different opinions from every person. But I like Sherlock to be this cold, harsh and highly intelligent person who is very almost always right. Reminds me of my character.
Zarago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kites » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 am

Zarago wrote:
Kites wrote:
Zarago wrote:

Well, I suppose there are different opinions from every person. But I like Sherlock to be this cold, harsh and highly intelligent person who is very almost always right. Reminds me of my character.

Each to their own. :)
Though I must say, his voice is just utterly gorgeous.

And on the subject of the third episode in season two...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... _multiline
Facebook article. Moffat is saying that everyone has missed the largest clue that Sherlock lived. Ideas?
•Trying to find a username that fits me•

Back from spending the year travelling. ^^

Locations: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Back to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, HOME

~I used to be Sherlock~
Kites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zarago » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:55 am

I have no idea how he could of faked it if the other theories are not correct (one of them probably is, but Moffat just hasn't seen it).

I don't like how people think Benedict Cumberbatch (the actor who plays Sherlock) looks wierd. He has rather different features than most people, but I think that suits Sherlock. He's not ugly anyway, just different.
Zarago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me