What Game, Book, TV, or Movie Makes You Nostalgic?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: What Game, Book, TV, or Movie Makes You Nostalgic?

Postby CaptainAltenor » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:10 pm

Oh, I almost forgot- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!. That show was my life.

I'm going to be perfectly frank, I haven't got a clue as to what else to put down here. Instead, please enjoy this dress-up for the time being.
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stionowl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:02 am

Some weird tv shows like Spider Riders and Dragon Booster. When I was littler I had this absolute love of watching Zaboomafoo so there's that too. As for books, there was the rainbow magic fairy books.
Stionowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby outro;tear » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:25 am

pokemon gens 4 to 5 and the older mystery dungeon games... makes me reminisce of a better time
fighting, bleeding, losing, i'm really sick of it now (SIG WIP)
★ cloud // ⚢ // any pronouns // istp // listography //
outro;tear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Candied Bees » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop. I remember them playing on adult swim when I was younger
ImageImage

Hello! I haven't been on here for very long
but I'm enjoying it so far. I make traditional and
digital art, you can find me on most social media sites!
To commission me or find me elsewhere the links are below! ^_^
| Credit | Art Shop | Insta | ToyHou.se | Border Credits |

ImageImage
Candied Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merritt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:46 pm

Warrior Cats! I still read it to this day but the earlier books give me a feeling of nostalgia. I remember reading it all the time. Ahh, I miss those perfect days before my mental issues and diseases hit strong, haha!

ImageImage
^^Clicky^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
Merritt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainAltenor » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:21 am

Edalyn_ wrote:Warrior Cats! I still read it to this day but the earlier books give me a feeling of nostalgia. I remember reading it all the time. Ahh, I miss those perfect days before my mental issues and diseases hit strong, haha!

To be honest, I’ve always preferred the earlier books. The newer ones are not as good to be honest, but at least they’re trying! Also, I haven’t read past The Apprentice’s Quest yet.

I'm going to be perfectly frank, I haven't got a clue as to what else to put down here. Instead, please enjoy this dress-up for the time being.
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shauvi » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:32 am

clouds; wrote:pokemon gens 4 to 5 and the older mystery dungeon games... makes me reminisce of a better time

Honestly that's such a mood-- gen 4 was my first pokemon gen I did without any help and seeing it finally get its remake is wild. I tried getting into the newer Mystery Dungeon games, but nothing was quite like Blue/Red Rescue team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. That was SUCH a golden era of pokemon games and spinoffs. I was also really into the Pokemon Ranger series-- replaying those has been fun, too.

Edalyn_ wrote:Warrior Cats! I still read it to this day but the earlier books give me a feeling of nostalgia. I remember reading it all the time. Ahh, I miss those perfect days before my mental issues and diseases hit strong, haha!

ANOTHER big mood! I stopped reading them toward the end of the Omen of the Stars Arc (the fourth one, I think?) just because of life. The original series (and to a lesser extent the second and third series) give me so much nostalgia. I remember blowing through the first couple of books on vacation when I was a kid and waiting for our trip to end so I could just go home and read more Warriors , haha! Those old AMVs and theme song videos still take me back to another time... (also the pre-mental illness for me, too haha!)
Shauvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lapfox » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am

when i say game, i mean something you can play games on, that thing being Newgrounds.
i remember i used to be on there all the time with my older brother in the middle of the night so my parents didnt know XD
LUCAS internet furry degen
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
MY TOYHOUSE
da linktree
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
lapfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Plutonia* » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 am

Heidi (book) it's my first book I've actually read. Oh, also, Train in snow (local author, doubt anyone will know it).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxYou taught me the courage
xxxof stars before you left
xxxHow light carries on
xxxendlessly, even after death
xxxWith shortness of breath,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxyou explained the infinite
xxxHow rare and beautiful
xxxit is to even exist.
xxxSaturn - Sleeping At Last
xxx carrd
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Plutonia*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LibrarianAlexandria » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm

The Animal Crossing franchise, although it's also kind of bittersweet since so much has happened with me and the people I played it with.

The Batman Arkham game series makes me nostalgic for my late teen/early college years. My sister and I would go over to play it at a friend's house. I still remember a lot of the fights, and my favorite moment was when this villain was talking smack and I just walked up and punched him in the face. Hard to talk smack when you're unconscious. This is why Batman is such great escapism.

Oh yeah, and playing Medal of Honor with my dad. My sister and I were brutal in that game. I really liked playing dad on PVP in European Assault and blasting his character with a Panzerschrek. He would get frustrated, but apparently didn't mind too much because he kept coming back for more.

Thanks for the little jaunt down memory lane! Sometimes we need to be reminded of the good times.
LibrarianAlexandria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me