░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: ░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Postby Teriyaki » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:08 am

ola232 wrote:It kinda reminds me of that old gameboy catz and dogz games :) very nice ame

Not the same, but Nintendo dogs nostalgia. The bark sounds almost exactly the same??
“this’ll be so much fun!”
hey! my name’s Jeremy
he/she/they, autistic syshost
i am quite literally the definition of cringe!
ImageImage Image

©
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
ToyHou.se | Pixel Pups | Adoptables Storage
Teriyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:16 am

Love Pixel Petz a lot. Makes me more adamant on getting better of pixeling so I can win contests and trade for good Petz later on. Currently dying to know how to make their faces look sideways, but no one will tell me how lmao. Either way, good job. Completely forgot that Sketchy made Rainbow Tails so it was a surprise to find this thread and see that the creator of Pixel Petz is also on CS. Huge nostalgia boost.
adult - artist - system (d.i.d.) - they/them

ivy \ jinx \ kai \ irene \ jackdaw \ jelly

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Streak » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 am

I love your work! I played rainbowtail when it first dropped before my hiatus, and I’m so happy to see that you’re still making games a few years later! I can’t wait to try pixel petz c:
𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃
𝒶 𝓏𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓉𝒽

streak
she/her
bisexual
beechclan
buttermilks
my kals
minigames

art by foxe on fr

Streak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:33 pm

ola232 wrote:It kinda reminds me of that old gameboy catz and dogz games :) very nice ame

not surprisingly, I played petz for years so I really wanted to bring that experience to phones!

Teriyaki wrote:

Not the same, but Nintendo dogs nostalgia. The bark sounds almost exactly the same??

shh it's me barking :lol:

Streak wrote:I love your work! I played rainbowtail when it first dropped before my hiatus, and I’m so happy to see that you’re still making games a few years later! I can’t wait to try pixel petz c:

thanks, I hope I've improved! :3

jaques wrote:Love Pixel Petz a lot. Makes me more adamant on getting better of pixeling so I can win contests and trade for good Petz later on. Currently dying to know how to make their faces look sideways, but no one will tell me how lmao. Either way, good job. Completely forgot that Sketchy made Rainbow Tails so it was a surprise to find this thread and see that the creator of Pixel Petz is also on CS. Huge nostalgia boost.

you just have to hide the eyes behind the nose, that's how those weird faces are done xD

btw there's a discord channel for pixel petz, it's not official yet but it should be the first result on google. you can go there for previews of new features and random chat + bug reports.
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Wed May 01, 2019 9:56 am

@Sketchi is there anyway you could look into maybe having a resizing tool for pixel painting on the pets. I am finding that touch screens and big fingers don't mix and think a line size or thickness selector could help.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm

what do you mean by that? there's 2 styles of pencils right now, a single-pixel and a brush-style. what would a resizing tool be like?
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Wed May 01, 2019 2:05 pm

YOu ever worked with microsoft paint it has a feature that lets you pick how thick the brush paints. Basically you can have brush that paimts in like an inch of thickness to one that paints above that. It gives the brush styles better control so that you don't end up painting a huge blob when you only wanted a single line.

It basically is a line resizer
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed May 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:YOu ever worked with microsoft paint it has a feature that lets you pick how thick the brush paints. Basically you can have brush that paimts in like an inch of thickness to one that paints above that. It gives the brush styles better control so that you don't end up painting a huge blob when you only wanted a single line.

It basically is a line resizer

Yes, that's the same as the two brushes currently available. You mean you'd want more brush options? The pencil tool is already the thinnest pixel size, though (it's 1 pixel thick).
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Wed May 01, 2019 3:16 pm

So theres no way to actually keep from accidently blotting a pixelpet with dots with my finger. Cause I'm not able to go into much detail using my fingers.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed May 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Have you tried zooming in? You can double-click on a part to focus-zoom, or slide the magnifying glass.

eta; if you're really having trouble, can you send in a video of how you draw to lily@pixelpetz.com? I use DU Recorder on Android for recording the screen.
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me