Tolkien Week on Chicken Smoothie!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Tolkien Week on Chicken Smoothie!

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Tolkien Week is now over :( But check back because we might do another one! :D :clap:

Ƭσℓκιɛи Ɯɛɛκ σи Ɔнιcκɛи Ƨмσσthιɛ

Starting on the 2nd of September, and ending on the 8th, we're celebrating a week to remember the amazing author J.R.R Tolkien (NOT Tolkein), most known for his three volume book "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit". His death was on this day, 39 years ago.
Tolkien Week is free for anyone to join, whether you're from the LotR thread, where it started, or not. You don't even need to be a real fan to participate. It's open for everybody so that we can all show our appreciation to Tolkien and have some fun on CS.
This is the planning and discussion thread, where we planned everything about Tolkien Week.
Thanks to polerberr, who came up with almost all the ideas and wrote loads down! :D Lots of what is on here is copied and pasted from the planning thread, that polerberr wrote

Last edited by Lunaestrella on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tolkien Week on Chicken Smoothie. No Posting yet!

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Δвσʋt Ĵ.Я.Я Ƭσℓκιɛи

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was an English writer, poet, philologist, and university professor. He is the author of "The Lord of the Rings" and creator of the world of Arda. He was born in South Africa on 3rd of January 1892, but when he was three he moved to England with his mother and brother. His father died, and at the age of twelve Tolkien and his brother became orphans.
He fought in the World War I. Many of his friends were killed, but luckily he survived. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had the awesome Lord of the Rings! :o. One of his good friends was C.S. Lewis, who wrote the Chronicles of Narnia. Tolkien wrote the Hobbit for his children, but when he was convinced to publish it, it became so successful that he was asked to write a sequel, which ended up being much more complex and for adults. After his death, his son published the manuscripts of The Simarillion, The Unfinished Tales and others, the history of Middle Earth.
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Яσℓɛρℓαʏιиɢ

polerberr wrote:
Roleplaying will be done throughout the entire week. We will change our usernames to our character's full name, have our avatars as the character, and speak like the character!
More than one person can be the same character, but maybe there should be one "official" character spot. So there can be five Legolas characters, but one user will be the official character, with the full name as their username and everything else. Maybe there are people who want to rp a character, but don't feel like changing their picture or their name or speaking like that character all day, these people should not ask for official spots.

You don't have to do this to participate in the Tolkien Week, but it's probably going to be loads of fun! :D

Ɔнαяαctɛя Ƨρσtƨ

Bilbo -
Thorin -
Frodo - Skylark23
Sam - polerberr
Gandalf - Alatar Maia
Aragorn - sugar11
Boromir -
Legolas - Lunaestrella
Gimli -
Merry - Lady of the Rings
Pippin - hereth
Arwen -Mrs.Tomlinson
Eowyn -Wolf~Song
Nazgul -
Witch King -
Sauron -
Saruman -
Smeagol/Gollumn -
(Will add another character when it is requested)
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Ɖαʏ 1: Ƭσℓκιɛи Яɛмɛмвяαиcɛ Ɖαʏ

Everybody puts a meaningful short poem, quote, paragraph in their signatures.
People can make their own personal ones or just use a quote from the book/movie, so long as it is meaningful.
It should be in the common tongue (English) or in Elvish
A picture of Tolkien's signature or the banner will be accompanied by the piece of text and linked to this thread.
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Ɖαʏ 2:Ɔяɛαtιʌɛ Ɖαʏ

Do or make something creative that has something to do with Tolkien's books or the movies.
Bake a LotR cake, cupcakes, lembas bread, artwork, song, poem, edited video etc.
Start making before Sept. 3rd, but submit a copy of the finished work on this day
Copy of creative work could be placed in signatures
It's Lady of the Rings' (Meriadoc Brandybuck) and Lunaestrella's (★Legolas Greenleaf★) Birthday! :D
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 pm

[center]Ɖαʏ 3: Ƥɛt Ɖαʏ

Dress up favorite CS pet into Tolkien character.
Pet items can be lent out to users who don't have enough items.
Start collecting donations for a giveaway/competition later in the week.
Show off pet in signature.
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Ɖαʏ 4: Ѳɛκακι Ɖαʏ

Make Tolk related Oekakis
Post them all on this day
Make Oekakis before this day, if neccesary, but only post them on Wed 5th
Oekakis can be anything from beginners, to intermediate, and editables
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Ɖαʏ 5: Ѳɛκακι Ɖαʏ 2

Find editable Oekakis and colour them in to make them look Tolkien related.
Prepare for Day 6(Pet Giveaway Day), finish collecting giveaway pets.
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Ɖαʏ 6: Ƥɛt Ǥιʌɛαωαʏ Ɖαʏ

Make quiz's and competitions to give away the free pets collected
Quiz / Dress Up Pet Pageant / Raffle

polerberr wrote:
Giveaway Day Threads:

It should be run all day, with three sections: Beginner (For the movies), Fan (LotR books and movies), Ultra fan (All of Tolkien's works)

Beginner Quiz - The mod asks one question, then the first person to answer correctly gets a random pet from the prize pool, people can guess once per question, and if they win they are not allowed to guess until two questions later

Fan quiz - It will work the same way as the Beginners Buiz, but more than one question to answer at the same time. Whoever answers them all right gets the prize.

Ultra fan quiz - One quiz with lots of questions. Everybody can submit answers once, entries are not allowed to be edited unless given permission to minimise cheating (Answers may not be edited, but wording and typos may be fixed, if wished). Winner is whoever answers most correctly and will be given a bunch of the best pets we collected. If any rares were donated, we will give a rare instead.

Dress up Pet Pageant -
Only Tolkien related entries are allowed,
we could have different pageants
(Best Legolas, best Gandalf etc.)
Giveaway Day Mods:
(Let us know in a post if you would like to be a mod)
polerberr---> GMT +1
Lunaestrella ---> GMT +1
sugar11 ---> Pacific Time Zone
(NEED MORE AMERICAN MODS!)
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunaestrella » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Ɖαʏ 7:Ғιиαℓ Ɖαʏ αи∂ Ѧσʌιɛ Иιɢнt

Final decision of winners of the previous day (Only for dress up pageant and raffle, quiz prizes should be given on the day)
Make a signature stamp "I participated in CS Tolkien Week"
Stream movies.

We need someone who can stream. Post if you think you can stream them. You might need the DVD's or have it on your computer, but polerberr can supply a link to the extended movies if needed. Good quality is preferable. We could do all movies, but that depends. Times are to be worked out. For some people it will be movie morning, for some movie day, for others movie night. Let us know in a post if you would enjoy watching them with us over the Internet (There will be a live chat box beside it) and what times are suitable for you, including your time zone.
Last edited by Lunaestrella on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lunaestrella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me