music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby laura palmer. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm

@nailbunny
im glad you joined!
i love two door cinema club as well, my favorite song is probably i can talk or what you know. i discovered them a while ago, they're really good, and feed my "indie" side hahaha. my favorite album by two door is probably either tourist history or beacon. i didn't really listen to their new album, but i need to. hopefully it's as good as the old.

@KitKat~
AHHH
THE STROKES
they are simply fantastic. i grew up on them and they've remained one of my favorite bands. julian casablancas has such a lovely voice, and it fits so well with their sound. my favorite song is probably soma off of is this it. i also really adored their whole album angles. i have them all on vinyl, and it's freakish how often i listen to them.
their lyrics are really rad, my favorite being "the room is on fire and she's fixing her hair" off of reptilia. i recently got a 100% on drums from it on rock band, i felt pretty proud hahaha.
cage the elephant are also another band i love, not to the velocity of the strokes though, haha. my favorite album by them is their most recent, tell me im pretty. i was upset when i saw that i missed them playing my city.
el camino is another album i have on vinyl, and gosh do i listen to it a lot. the black keys are another band i grew up with, and patrick carney + dan auerbach and simply amazing musicians. el camino is probably my favorite album by them, or turn blue. or brothers. its hard to choose hahaha. my favorite track off of the album is nova baby. im not sure why, but i just really like it.
sorry i rambled a lot, i tend to freak out when i discover people with a similar music taste, but welcome to the group!!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:13 pm

@realjoshdun;
    thanks!!
    oh geez those are both such good songs. what you know is probably kind of like. one of their most popular songs?? it's what shows up first when you look them up on youtube. it's a great song!!
    my favorite by them is probably changing of the seasons. it's just the slightest bit different from their regular stuff, but i'm really into it. now, the new album.......... i can't say it's my fave. it just feels a little different and not in a good way? i kinda don't like it but i'll listen to it again eventually and see if anything has changed, since my taste is always evolving and everything.
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:21 pm

@therealjoshdun
    YEss nova baby is so good!! omg but for me it is so hard to pick a favourite idk i really do love little black submarines but i listened to it so much i don't know anymore
    yeah i don't really know how to describe it but i guess artistically, my favourite cage the elephant album is tell me i'm pretty??
    also yes the strokes' lyrics are so gooddddd, have you ever listened to hawaii?? it was a b-side off juicebox and i've only found a digital version on youtube but you should totally listen to it if you havent heard of it (i only found out about it recently even though i've loved the strokes for years??) oh and soma is also one of my favourites, i used to listen to it all the timee, but atm nyc cops is probably my favourite song, orrrrr under cover of darkness (yes i know angles wasnt that great but under cover of darkness is pretty good right)
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:14 pm

@nailbunny
ooh yes ill have to listen to changing of seasons then!!
i really gotta branch out, and move off of tourist season + beacon, haha.

@kitkat~
i havent heard of it but im gonna listen to it right now.
i wish their b-sides were more accessible. most of them are really good.
aND YES NYC COPS IS SUCH A GREAT SONG
i love their live version, when jack white comes on. if you havent seen it, you gotta watch it.
it should be on youtube.
and yus under cover of darkness is so good.
AND LITTLE BLACK SUBMARINES USED TO BE MY FAV TOO!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:56 pm

@therealjoshdun
    yes i know aaaaahhhhhh i haven't listened to most of them (i really don't know why hawaii was left out of ftioe?? i mean i get why it was left out of that one because it didn't fit the 'mood' it was going for but wouldnt it have fit into angles bc that one was kinda all over the place??)
    i think rn my favourite song is dead and gone or sister sister on el camino but idk
    i really like tighten up on brothers too though
    sadly i haven't listened to any other albums but ik my dad has been a fan of them since wayyyy back like he listened to thickfreakness heaps when it came out

also offtopic but i also love freaks and geeks sm
───────
forum game!

───────

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:10 am

@kitkat~
FREAKS AND GEEKS IS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE SHOW
HOW DO WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON !?
but i wish hawaii was on an album, i listened to it, and it's amazing. it would fit fine on angles i think.
yes sister sister is so good, and dead and gone. my fav song from brothers is probably 10 cent pistol, or everlasting light. my dad is the same way, thickfreakness is his fav.
you should really listen to turn blue by the black keys, i think it's on spotify. its a great album.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:19 am

@therealjoshdun
    i know right?? like whattt tbh i was kinda worried when i joined that no-one had the same taste as me haha
    i will defs listen to turn blue (is that the newest) when i stop procrastinating which is hopefully now maybe
    i actually haven't listened fully to brothers because i usually just saved the songs as they came up in my discover haha but i just listened to those two and i really like them so i'll definitely listen to the rest
    also!! the strokes are coming to splendour in the grass in byron bay which is like ~2h away from me? but i cant even go so i kinda want to die :))
───────
forum game!

───────

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disingenuous » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm sorry did someone say Freaks and Geeks bc the fact that that show isn't still on tv is an absolute travesty.
Disingenuous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:40 pm

@kitkat~
ahhhh that sucks. i really hope the strokes launch a full 'normal' tour so i can see them. they look so so good live.
brothers is really good, you should def listen to the whole thing.

@theratdoghater & @kitkat~
i really want a reunion season of freaks and geeks, but i feel like it still won't have the same "feel" as the original season. whoever cancelled it can meet me outside in 20, i want to fIGHT THEM.
sam's my fav, what about you guys?
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:56 pm

@therealjoshdun n @theratdoghater

idk I have really mixed feelings abt the cancel like on one hand, amazing show but on the other hand, maybe the reason why it's amazing is bc it only went one season?? so it only had a few plots and wasn't 'ruined' or anything idk

as for favourite character i have a hard time deciding because they all did things i didn't really like/agree with at some point but i guess that's the point of it like i loved lindsay and her morals and stuff but,, her apology for that egging thing really didnt seem genuine and i feel bad for poor sam?? but i guess my favourite character would be sam or lindsay orrr (even tho he was minor) neil's bro barry for some reason

anyway sorry going off-topic lmao is there an active freaks and geeks thread somewhere

───────
forum game!

───────

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes