The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby meowool » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:50 am

The mods I have are overwatch, register, and master controller! They really helped with the crashing in game! (I also have a mood for adding strawberry plants in-game as I did have a gardener sim a while back.
meowool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ; bonk! » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:37 am

I have 215 mods atm and over 400 pieces of CC xD
And I JUST cleaned out a lot of CC yesterday! A big improvement, actually. I went from 762 CC and 322 mods to 215 mods (I can't live without the 215 I kept) and around 455-ish pieces of CC. I feel proud.
Knowing myself I'll check modthesims and end up downloading 700 pieces of CC again because it's so amazing >.>

basically? i'm kinda a big deal.
✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

lee || genderfluid || 18+
highly inactive
but i show up once in a blue moon.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
i mean, d'ya even know who you're talkin' to?
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aust » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:55 am

Lavender Lullabies wrote:I have 215 mods atm and over 400 pieces of CC xD
And I JUST cleaned out a lot of CC yesterday! A big improvement, actually. I went from 762 CC and 322 mods to 215 mods (I can't live without the 215 I kept) and around 455-ish pieces of CC. I feel proud.
Knowing myself I'll check modthesims and end up downloading 700 pieces of CC again because it's so amazing >.>

That's a lot of CC...how does your game run it all?
ImageImageImage
aust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Are overwatch, story progression and master controller compatible with awesomemod? Because I have that one installed already and something tells me they'll be incompatible.

Nonary those sites are awesome, I'm downloading some anubis natural hair colours right now <3

I'm not really sure what to do about hair CC, as I know from Sims 2 if you start installing some then you have to give all your sims custom hair because the quality is so different. A lot of nice ones I find seem to have really high polycounts, I think I need to wait until I put my RAM into my PC before loading up Sims 3 with high poly hairstyles.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby troyards » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Opera of Ghosts wrote:
Lavender Lullabies wrote:I have 215 mods atm and over 400 pieces of CC xD

That's a lot of CC...how does your game run it all?

that has nothing on my total mods folder's size which is uh.
really embarrassing tbh
it was worse before my cc purge but i digress (this isn't counting my sims3packs, btw. i don't include it in counts but i can get the count for that)

the amount and size of cc (this is why cc creators sometimes list poly counts) you can run is determined by your pc specs. if you fall right at or slightly below the minimum specifications, you can't run a whole lot. but if your computer was/is built almost like a dedicated gaming rig (i have a core i7 processor and a... ati nvidia or radeon graphics card? i can't check which one) you can can run upwards or above what i have. i can run my game comfortably with the settings at max with barely any lag? it hangs when i switch playback speeds sometimes but everybody's does that to some extent. it doesn't take fifteen years to load which is nice.

it's also a personal thing if you can play the game modded to the nines or eaxsis-match or just vanilla and you are a strong person if you play vanilla.

Solloby wrote:Are overwatch, story progression and master controller compatible with awesomemod? Because I have that one installed already and something tells me they'll be incompatible.

Nonary those sites are awesome, I'm downloading some anubis natural hair colours right now <3

I'm not really sure what to do about hair CC, as I know from Sims 2 if you start installing some then you have to give all your sims custom hair because the quality is so different. A lot of nice ones I find seem to have really high polycounts, I think I need to wait until I put my RAM into my PC before loading up Sims 3 with high poly hairstyles.

they aren't iirc. it's been four years since i last looked at awesomemod's documentation (or even stepped foot into maty. i did get like one or two store fixes from there but that's it) but i prefer nraa's mods over awesomemod. i know awesomemod comes with it's own story progression, but that's about it? i don't like how awesomemod isn't in modules like nraa's mods are so i can't really pick and choose what i want modded.

anubis's hair colors aren't going to look exactly like the thumbnails on the screenshots, but there's barely a difference and it's like that with every downloadable hair color.

if you get texture replacements of the game hairs, you don't have go through and replace all the hair styles. i don't have a favorite set of textures so i have like five different textures running in my game but i don't mind it, really? there's some ea texture replacements out there if you want all of the textures to look similar. i'd skip the high-poly cc even if you get more ram bc it makes loading times unbearable even if you just have two pieces. ts3 is really fickle with loading times and i've heard that merging your packages makes the times better but i don't think i'm ready for that level of commitment bc i need to know where everything is.

and u can call me nora!! it's really weird being referred to by my un since i go by nora like everywhere else uvu
          pfp, no. 68//quote from wolf 359 s1e11, "am i alone now?"
troyards

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Awesomemod has a customiser so you can download individual packages to add on to it. The main reason I picked it was because it disables all the report-back-to-EA nonsense in addition to containing a lot of bugfixes. With just Awesomemod installed and a ton of expacs, the game already takes ages to load ._. I think it's the expacs doing that? It took so long to install it all that I don't feel like uninstalling the lot and only putting on a few, because if you want to install more you have to do it in a specific order or it can have problems, or so I've heard.

So far I have some custom skins, eyes and lipsticks installed. I do still want to go looking for hair but apart from that I think I'm set for now. I want to play in Dragon Valley with all the medieval stuff, and I downloaded a LotR lot I found on tumblr, so excited ;u; I suppose I should go looking for some elf hair c:
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 pm

I have played one version of sims but it was just the free kindle app XD
I was thinking about getting a sims for my dsi... I found some on amazon (used) and I was wondering which versions let you have a family and all that. I couldn't seem to find any information on it! Any advice helps ;)

(I really want the sims 3 one but it's so expensive XD There is a sims 2 for $5)
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meowool » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:57 am

watermelonyum11 wrote:I have played one version of sims but it was just the free kindle app XD
I was thinking about getting a sims for my dsi... I found some on amazon (used) and I was wondering which versions let you have a family and all that. I couldn't seem to find any information on it! Any advice helps ;)

(I really want the sims 3 one but it's so expensive XD There is a sims 2 for $5)

I know the sims 2 for DS follows a stroy line to one extent...I didn't really play it that much as it was my friends game!
meowool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iPixel » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 am

W-wait I haven't posted on this... Weird
But I had/have 3 Pets for 3DS and 360. 3DS version sucks but I still play for the sake of my ships.
IN OTHER WORDS,
I LOVE YOU

Image Image Image
» » » » »

iPixel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucky_Star » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 am

Hi all

I am curious about mods and I was wondering what does it do to your game? Do I need mods to get hair styles from mod the sims?
Image Image
Ziva: Why are you here?
Anthony: Couldn't live without you I guess.
Ziva: So you will die with me.
You should have left me alone.

To everyone!
I will be leaving for my summer holiday on the 3rd of this month! and will not be back till the 20th of this month. I may pop on my mobile but I will not be on any roleplays! Thank you
Lucky_Star

wattpadwhat is cerebral palsy?coding credit
Lucky_Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me