(important update) music you dislike

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

have you read the first page?

yes
81%
no (please do so now)
19%

Total votes : 37

Re: music you dislike

Postby MagmaDanMatsubusa » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:09 pm

songs with whistle tones. Vocally impressive but they make my head hurt
abandoned for irl reasons
MagmaDanMatsubusa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby McPrime » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:15 pm

Country- nothing against it there are some REALLY good songs but it seems they all just... sound the same and are about the same 3 topics. There are some odd ones out but in general growing up solely on country has made me hate it.
┌────────────┐

Imagex

└────────────┘
x
x
┌─────────────┐

ABOUT ME:
Pronouns - He/Him &
She/Her,
Panromantic Bigender Ace

└─────────────┘
x
x
┌──────┐

└──────┘
┌────────────┐

Imagex

└────────────┘

Constant unbalanced trades/gifts with @ Shadowfire_Prime because I spoil my girlfriend fiancée <3

If my lights are off, I am probably asleep or at work. If my lights are on, I'm awake and active.

Lights are OFF
McPrime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:12 am

At the risk of being a total cliche, I really cannot stand whatever is on the pop charts right now. We sometimes play today's hits at work and it makes my ears bleed
i like chickensmoothie :^)

silly little storage
Ziggy Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Okabudge » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:29 am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:At the risk of being a total cliche, I really cannot stand whatever is on the pop charts right now. We sometimes play today's hits at work and it makes my ears bleed

same here! I know I will likely be nostalgic for it in about a decade or so, but the constant repetition of the same songs over and over tends to wear out any form of novelty or enjoyment you get from a song. Not to mention, a lot of the pop industry relies on formulaic rhythms and key changes, so even though lyrics may change, a lot of music ends up sounding largely similar just spread across 3 or 4 common subgenres.
    I’m sure time will filter out the true bangers and once they’re played less frequently, I’ll be able to appreciate them more. In the meantime, if I hear one more pop song I may very well start pulling my hair out.

budge | he/him | adult
just your average guy trying his best. i draw sometimes!
my inbox is always open if you need anything~
gallery / pets / message
sig source

Image Image Image
Okabudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:01 am

Okabudge wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:At the risk of being a total cliche, I really cannot stand whatever is on the pop charts right now. We sometimes play today's hits at work and it makes my ears bleed

same here! I know I will likely be nostalgic for it in about a decade or so, but the constant repetition of the same songs over and over tends to wear out any form of novelty or enjoyment you get from a song. Not to mention, a lot of the pop industry relies on formulaic rhythms and key changes, so even though lyrics may change, a lot of music ends up sounding largely similar just spread across 3 or 4 common subgenres.
    I’m sure time will filter out the true bangers and once they’re played less frequently, I’ll be able to appreciate them more. In the meantime, if I hear one more pop song I may very well start pulling my hair out.

You make a good point! I'm not a super big fan of pop in general, but I do enjoy some bangers from the 80s up to like 2013. So maybe in ten years I can poke around and see if this decade made any worthwhile jams.
i like chickensmoothie :^)

silly little storage
Ziggy Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Assumed Gender » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:05 am

i dislike country music

i also dont like ynw melly, lil peep, young boy, 21 savage, or harry styles

and i love melanie but her newer music im not a fan of
Assumed Gender

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bloodclot » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:43 am

small town soundcloud rappers?

i feel its a little judgemental on my part, but a majority of small town soundcloud rappers, you know the kids you kinda went to school with, didn't really know, but now they make music. it's.. it has so much potential, yet it sounds.. so bad??

i feel like they just dont care enough to use the tools to make them sound better. it's always free beats (they sound cool but i hear them all the time!!) or some kid who just learned how to mix. i dunno. they just stay the same for years.

i live in a weird area so it's kinda prevelent here. i've met a couple of kids who've had me listen to their music. their voice is great sounding in person but their music does them no justice unfortunately.

i do know one kid though ,i met him on roblox through my brother lolol. he started on soundcloud and it wasn't half bad (i do not say that lightly). yesterday my brother started to play his music which i have not heard in a while, and normally you can tell the difference between low quality soundcloud musicians and... other music? i guess lol. i thought he was playing a juice world feature honestly, but no.. this little kid i met online, starting off on soundcloud, actually sounds like something i'd hear on the radio now. he used his potential , spent a couple hundred extra bucks for a better quality home studio and now he sounds legit. and i wont be surprised if that kid makes it bigger. these other sound cloud rappers rap about spending a thousand bucks on a tshirt though. i just wish all these other soundcloud rappers use that same potential because they have it.
Image Image
bloodclot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:36 pm

id rather cut my ears off than hear harry styles

anyways i was really unbased when i said i hated screamo here back in like 2018 i love death metal , black metal , and screamo

max | any neoprns/him | may 5 | adult | i like to um. half,ife

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: (important update) music you dislike

Postby POSTAL 2 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:03 pm

anyways thread updated pls read it
tldr: saying you hate all k-pop, j-pop, and/or rap is no longer allowed since these genres are connected to and/or have history to marganlized groups and communities

max | any neoprns/him | may 5 | adult | i like to um. half,ife

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: (important update) music you dislike

Postby GhastlyWail » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:21 pm

not particularly a huge fan of american boy bands/groups such as one direction, 5 seconds of summer, big time rush ect ect

their music feels so plain and basic

then again i listen to jrock and rock in general so
GhastlyWail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me