✰ Anime Discussion ✰

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: ✰ Anime ✰ V.2

Postby yoonoh » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:40 am

baikinman wrote:Hi anime topic! So, just got the anime lootcrate from... last month. We were trying to get this month's crate but uh whoops. So... can anyone tell me if these are good or bad or what? I don't like sports...

* Yuri on Ice - Heard it's good? It's also gay? Fun? Who knows. apparently some nudity though but ijORgfdsuyfkj i assume it can be avoided.
* Major 2nd - Know nothing about it but BasebalL???
* Haikyuu - Heard of it. See that orange hair guy a lot.
* Scorching Ping Pong Girls - Know nothing about it but Ping Pong???
* Kuroko's Basketball - Might've scrolled over it on Hulu once? Know nothing about it but Basketball???

i've only seen yuri and haikyuu out of these and i really enjoyed both ! you dont need to know about sports to understand whats going on , sports are more of the "background" of these with the main focus being on relationships / teamwork / overcoming obstacles / etc

i havent seen yuri on ice since it came out but i reaaally liked it ! its a classic for many reasons and the relationship between yuri and victor is great - russian yuri (the "bad guy") is a great character too. its an easy watch , only one season , if theres nothing else youre dying to watch id recommend it

haikyuu is one of my favorite animes and its so good watch it. the first season was just okay for me , it was a little too sports-y but i liked the competitiveness of it , but second season is when it really gets good. it goes more into the relationships between the teammates and all that jazz. you definitely do not need to know much about volleyball to enjoy this show , youre taught most of the fancy words people wouldnt know lol

ive heard kuroko no basket is a favorite for a lot of sports anime fans but i personally havent seen it. free is also a good sports anime if you havent seen that already , i think its a bit longer than the other ones ive seen if you include the movies (but that might not be true anymore since haikyuus fourth season lol) but i liked it !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxhi im min

xxxxxxxxxxxixxxxxx

xxxxnctzen <3 drain gang
                      xxxxxxxximark & jaehyun
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxishe / they
yoonoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grey matter » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 am

> What got you into watching anime? / My parents. They've watched anime since before my time.
> How long have you been watching anime? / My earliest memories of anime are from childhood - Tokyo Pig and Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat.
> What are some of your favorite anime? / Soreike! Anpanman for a more chill and episodic anime, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for a more plot-based one.
> Do you also read Manga? / Some! I've read the first two Pokespe arcs and some of Sweetness and Lightning (which I do not recommend getting into at all because of a later plot twist that I stumbled upon that made me uber-upset and could even be triggering... yet it was slice of life and about food!)
> Have you ever done any sort of cosplay? / Yeah! I've cosplayed with my parents too! Our most recent one was Team Rocket grunts!
> What’s your favorite genre of anime? / Shonen/Shoujo, or perhaps Kodomomuke.
> Do you watch dubbed or subbed? / Yes. I even watch unsubbed, with little understanding of the language! (Looking at you, Soreike! Anpanman. I await your dubbing.)
> What are some good recommendations for those just starting out? / Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, most definitely! It isn't the longest and it's really, REALLY good!!!
jade from internet (inactive account)
he/him
grey matter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:46 pm

> What got you into watching anime?
I had a friend who always talked about it, and I didn't really know what it was but she told me to watch one. So I did. My first ones were SAO and Your Lie in April
> How long have you been watching anime?
I started in 2017 but I wasn't allowed to watch a lot I wanted to, so I stopped for a couple years, and resumed late 2019. So I guess like 1/12 or 2 years.
> What are some of your favorite anime?
Love, Chuunibyo, and other delusions! - HxH - AOT - Bungou Stray dogs
> Do you also read Manga?
Nope! But I want to!
> Have you ever done any sort of cosplay?
Nope! But I also want to, lol
> What’s your favorite genre of anime?
I like a bit of everything! Nothing I really love above another. Least favorite is sports tho...
> Do you watch dubbed or subbed?
Both! It depends what I'm doing, my attention span atm, and the like.
> What are some good recommendations for those just starting out?
Idk, I haven't watched too many myself yet. I've seen about 20-30 probably, and I've dropped about 10 oops (I plan on watching them some time)
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 am

> What got you into watching anime? ummm mostly just youtube videos lol......
> How long have you been watching anime? sigh ........... 9 years???? 8 years??? its been a really long time but yup
> What are some of your favorite anime? made in abyss ( <3<3<3<3<3 ), princess jellyfish, alien nine, girls last tour, kill la kill, & perfect blue!! i also really like higurashi and devilman crybaby ^_^
> Do you also read Manga? yep!!!!! some of my favorites r immortal hounds, the magic of chocolate, erased, & ginga: nagareboshi gin :P oh and also made in abyss lawl
> Have you ever done any sort of cosplay? nope...... i would love to </3
> What’s your favorite genre of anime? psychological horror, horror, and ummm action i guesh!
> Do you watch dubbed or subbed? subbed only...................... >:]
> What are some good recommendations for those just starting out? ummm! id recommend one punch man, cowboy bebop, kamisama kiss, princess jellyfish, and if ur looking for something more horror id say ....... school-live, shiki, and the promised neverland! :]
marr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JeffSatur'sHusband » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 am

> What got you into watching anime? My friend
> How long have you been watching anime? 2 years?
> What are some of your favorite anime? My hero academia, Demon slayer, Yuri on Ice, Death note
> Do you also read Manga? Not yet!
> Have you ever done any sort of cosplay? Yes!! Its super fun!
> What’s your favorite genre of anime? Action!
> Do you watch dubbed, subbed, or neither? Both! I prefer subbed but when im too tired or when watching with my friends i watch dubbed.
> What are some good recommendations for those just starting out? My hero academia, Demon slayer. NOT attack on titan. Its good but not for starting. Death Note
i used to cry but the tear is dry
เคยทรมานแต่ฉันเริ่มด้านชา

TH Artfight credit ☆☆☆☆
Aries~INFP-T~ He/Him ~ Gay ~ Boy Love Lover
───────────────────

used to be blind but i see the light
เคยภาวนาแต่ฉันเริ่มระอา
xImage
JeffSatur'sHusband

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daisy <3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:02 am

x
what got you into watching anime? i saw some k-on fanart a long time ago and just got curious about it, i've been watching anime ever since!

how long have you been watching anime? about 8/9 years, i don't really know an exact number though

what are some of your favorite anime? bloom into you, sailor moon, revolutionary girl utena, little witch academia, land of the lustrous, cardcaptor sakura, pretty much anything that's slice of life, magical girl, or fantasy based

do you also read manga? yes, i probably read more manga than i watch anime nowadays, my favourites are probably girl from the other side/siúil a rún, witch hat atelier, and spy x family

have you ever done any sort of cosplay? nope, i've wanted to cosplay in the past but tbh i'm not confident enough to cosplay

what’s your favorite genre of anime? easily magical girl anime, i just find them sweet and enjoyable and something uplifting to watch

do you watch dubbed, subbed, or neither? i watch subbed where possible but i don't really have any strong feelings about either one

what are some good recommendations for those just starting out? i'm not really good at recommending anime lol, but i would start off with anything fairly short, about 12/13eps
daisy. they / them.
adult. uk / gmt. infp.
daisy !!#2999
daisy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildCherryBlossom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:11 am

> What got you into watching anime?
A friend of mine!

> How long have you been watching anime?
I watched it every and now then over the years but I really got into it like last year.

> What are some of your favorite anime?
Yuru Camp, Revue Starlight, Little Witch Academia, Uma Musume, Love Live! Sunshine!!, & A Place Further Than The Universe.

> Do you also read Manga?
I've only read Bloom Into You & Otherside Picnic...and I want to read more but I keep pushing it off.

> Have you ever done any sort of cosplay?
Nope :(

> What’s your favorite genre of anime?
Slice Of Life and Fantasy. Any anime with found family really >:)

> Do you watch dubbed, subbed, or neither?
I mostly do subbed!

> What are some good recommendations for those just starting out?
Little Witch Academia probably...Its really cute and has a good story. I think maybe starting off with any of the really popular anime's though gives you a good idea of what kind of genre you'll like. A personal recommendation of mine that isn't best for starting out is Revue Starlight >:) I wish more people would watch that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴, 𝘄𝗲
xxx𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲
xxx𝗯𝘆 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿'𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀
xxx𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈
xxx𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx𝑰 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒅, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒕,
xxx𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐
xxx𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒆𝒏𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕
xxx𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
xxx𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝘆
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WildCherryBlossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinsoul » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:50 am

> What got you into watching anime? = Nico Yazawa, she's so iconic and I love her personality
> How long have you been watching anime? = Almost a year I suppose? but if you mean actively watching, it's almost been 2 months haha I'm having my belated anime phase rn
> What are some of your favorite anime? = Code Geass, Death Note, Mirai Nikki, Love Live! School Idol Project, Ouran Koukou Host Club, Bloom Into You, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Toradora!
> Do you also read Manga? = no not really I've only read like 2, they gotta have an anime alongside it too or I won't read it haha
> Have you ever done any sort of cosplay? = no and I don't plan to really
> What’s your favorite genre of anime? = Psychological
> Do you watch dubbed, subbed, or neither? = subbed, I always wanna watch the OG version.
> What are some good recommendations for those just starting out? = A really good starter anime is Death Note imo, it'll get you used to the semi-large episodes quickly
ARTMS and LOOSSEMBLE <3
jinsoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grey matter » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:45 am

Hey, if you're interested in Anpanman but felt turned away by the lack of subs or dubs, well, the first official Emglish dub in YEARS has come around!
https://tubitv.com/movies/592033/anpanm ... start=true
I am so happy this exists. 9 more movies are on the way!!!
jade from internet (inactive account)
he/him
grey matter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby **~Morgie~** » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:42 pm

Bump

[ female | adult | christian | artist | isfp ]

call me morgan | always willing to chat!

what's your favorite anime? ← do you like anime?
if so, tell us about it!

do you do this? ← come and
join the fun!

what I’m looking for ← tips to help with a
successful trade with me

my collections ← click to see
the pets I have collected, dressed up,
my dreamies, and more!
**~Morgie~**

My pets
My items
My wishlist