music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby Jungkook » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:05 am

Thank you for having me!
Yes, Kpop is not always for every one because of the language barrier, besides that there isn't to much difference. (Although I do tend to notice that their music videos have a much higher budget, and they put a lot of focus on dance) The language barrier isn't an issue for me because I love listening to the way language flows. French is also a beautiful language to listen to :3

I'm really glad I found this because I am like a music junkie, and love giving and receiving music recommendations. Thank you for creating it~

Also, realjoshdun!! top makes amazing music my personal favorite is 'lane boy'

I saw hoizer was being discussed prior, I love him his voice is so lovely, personally my favorites by him are of course 'take me to church' and also 'like real people do'.

I got a little excited

adult, she/they
#1 certified
hopekook simp bot

Jungkook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 am

@jungkook
yess i love lane boy too!!
i think my favorite song from ultraviolence is probably black beauty, i love the chorus. lana has such a beautiful voice.
im glad you're excited :)
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:09 am

so today im gonna review the album regional at best, by twenty one pilots.
here's the tracklist;
1. guns for hands
2. holding onto you
3. ode to sleep
4. slowtown
5. car radio
6. forest
7. glowing eyes
8. kitchen sink
9. anathema
10. lovely
11. ruby
12. trees
13. be concerned
14. clear

personally, this is my all-time favorite album. the lyrics are insanely deep, and I just adore tyler and josh's style of music. twenty one pilots are one of the few bands with the ability to make me cry. emotion, i like it. that's probably why i like this band so much, because they don't hide their emotion. they let it show on their sleeve.
regional at best is the first album to feature just tyler joseph and joshua dun. personally, it's my favorite of all of their albums. their lyrics are extremely powerful, and their isn't a track on this album that i hate. the genre on this album quite ranges. it's poppy on songs like glowing eyes, or ruby. but anathema has a quiet alternative vibe.
my personal favorite track is slowtown. it has such a nice sound to it, and the lyrics hit close to home. it's a song about the past, and i have trouble about thinking about the past too much. its a nice song.
my least favorite track on the album was 'clear', I'm not sure why, it just never really clicked with me. don't get me wrong though, i still love it.
"im sorry mr. gullible, but lying's all ive learned, so be concerned," might win the award for my favorite lyric on this album. compulsive lying is a struggle ive had to deal with, and this song, it helps.
i really really love this album.
10/10
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:52 am

I'm just gonna drop this here, might not check much since I don't see many people with similar taste to me but it's worth a try xD

favorite artist, and why; I don't know, actually... If I had to choose I'd say Soundgarden
favorite song, and why; There's just too many... For now I'll just say Limo Wreck, the one in my signature. It's from the album I named myself after
favorite lyric, and why; I don't know... I'll just say the entirety of Tremor Christ by Pearl Jam, I love everything about that song and the lyrics are pretty cool. I don't really try to work out meanings or anything, I'm not so good at that kind of thing I guess. Towards the end, especially
Little secrets, tremors
Turned to quake
The smallest oceans still get
Big, big waves

I'll decide, take the dive
Take my time, not my life
Wait for signs, believe in lies
To get by, it's divine
You know what it's like

Turns to bow back, tows and
Drops the line
Puts his faith in love and
Tremor Christ

edit: I remembered another one I can relate to, from the end of Nutshell by Alice In Chains:

And yet I find, and yet I find repeating in my head
If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead

I don't want to be something I'm not

favorite album, and why; This is one I can actually answer. By far, Yield by Pearl Jam. I don't know what it is about this album, I absolutely love every moment of it. '98 was their best tour as well, to me, especially while they still had Jack Irons- the albums they did with Jack are my favourites. Highlights for me are No Way, MFC, Brain Of J and Do The Evolution but I love every song
Runner up would be either Louder Than Love, Badmotorfinger or Superunknown by Soundgarden. I love all those albums too. Toxicity by System Of A Down is amazing too
favorite genre; Most things that you'd call rock or metal. Sort of in the middle of soft and heavy though, I don't like extremely heavy stuff but I'm not a huge fan of really slow, sad, acoustic songs either, but there are some I'll listen to. Wishlist is one of them I guess, Nutshell is another one I enjoy
favorite music news source [if any]; I'm not very current with much, I subscribed to Loudwire on youtube but I don't pay a lot of attention to it cause nobody I listen to ever gets mentioned anywhere unless it's an anniversary or something. Last year was pretty big cause of Ten, Badmotorfinger and Temple Of The Dog though, and No Code had its anniversary. No Code's another one I like a lot
least favorite artist, and why; No idea, actually. To me there's just music I like and music I don't like, I don't have favourites or least favourites, though I can force myself to pick a favourite because I actually know the names
least favorite song, and why; ^
favorite music service I don't really use anything like that. If I want free music I'll pirate it and put it on my phone
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); Any physical copies, really. I prefer buying records and CDs to paying to download stuff. Liner notes are something I really like, and it's cool to be able to touch the album, to feel its weight in your hands. That being said though I like having digital copies to take places with me (I just rip the CDs onto a computer and then sync them onto my phone)
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

@superunknown
welcome!!
i grew up on soundgarden, and the whole seattle grunge phase of music. my music taste has branched out quite a lot since then, but occasionally ill find myself back to listening to bands such as soundgarden, nirvana, and the cure. it sounds so stereotypical, the classic 'fake fan' song, but i really love black hole sun by soundgarden. it holds a lot of memory and sentiment for me. as a kid, i used to play it on rockband all the time with my family. it's probably one of my fondest childhood memories.
liner notes happen to be my favorite aspect of record collecting. i love being able to look at it, read what notes the artist left, or admiring the photographs that people wouldn't generally get to see.
have a lovely time!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 pm

I actually really like Black Hole Sun too! I still love a lot of the weirder/more obscure ones (Power Trip, Birth Ritual, Overfloater and Holy Water are some of my other favourites), but the feeling I got when the player piano started playing it in the first episode of Westworld... It is a great song, I can pretty much play it on guitar too q:
I found a lot of stuff I like through Guitar Hero, actually- I have 3, World Tour, 5, Warriors Of Rock and Live. Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter is on WT and I pirated the entire Short Bus album recently... I got Rocksmith as well, the first one has Outshined on it and now Badmotorfinger is still one of my favourite Soundgarden albums
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm

favorite artist, and why; hmm, there's so many how can I choose just one ;-; I'll just go with lana del rey
favorite song, and why; at the moment its Control by Halsey. I've been listening to her a lot recently, and she's amazing.
favorite lyric, and why; "he hit me, and it felt like a kiss." - ultraviolence, lana del rey. Idk, it's just so deep :>
favorite album, and why; ultraviolence by lana del rey. i'm in love with that album. I also really like AM by Arctic Monkeys.
favorite genre; I like any genre of music, I cant stand country though.
favorite music news source [if any]; I follow a lot of music channels on tumblr
least favorite artist, and why; uh, I don't know. I haven't come across an artist I don't like
least favorite song, and why; work from home by fifth harmony. they're cool, but that song is overplayed..
favorite music service; Spotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); records and cds
xxxx

┌─────────────────┐

chanel ⏤ she/her ⏤ dog trainer

hi, I'm chanel. I'm generally really nice
to talk to so don't be afraid to shoot me a
pm. I enjoy writing and drawing, talking about
dogs, tv shows, books, etc. have a nice day! c:

└─────────────────┘
chanel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skeleton, » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:18 pm

@realjoshdun
i love regional at best!
vessel is probably my favorite twenty one pilots album, but regional is definitely a close second!
ruby is probably my personal favorite from the album. the lyrics are just so powerful.
skeleton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

@chanel
welcome to the group!!
ahh, i love lana as well. ive been meaning to post a review of ultraviolence, as it's quickly become my favorite album of hers. i loved born to die as well, but never clicked with paradise, or honeymoon. i did enjoy a few select songs off of both though.
am is also a lovely album. it isn't my favorite by the arctic monkeys, but it's still an amazing album. (my favorite is favourite worst nightmare). im super excited about their new album coming out soon!
we seem to have a lot in common music wise, that's pretty rad!

@superunknown
yess, rock band and guitar hero are so fun. im not a huge fan of video games, but i could play those games nonstop. and they always have good music on them!! i honestly used to have rock band parties, and just invite tons of friends over to play rockband, haha. good times.

@skeleton,
yesssssss, im glad you agree! i love ruby as well, it's such a sweet song. vessel is such a good album as well. my favorite from it would have to be fake you out. the lyrics on it are simply mesmerizing. im not sure how else to describe it.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 pm

hey guys!! i've got a few fun questions for you!!
happy chinese new year!

Code: Select all
[b]favorite song of 2016;[/b] answer here
[b]song you listened to the most in the past year;[/b] answer here
[b]any concerts you've been too/plan on going to?;[/b] answer here
[b]favorite part of the 2016?;[/b] answer here
[b]favorite music moment of 2016?;[/b] answer here
[b]currently listening to anything?;[/b] answer here

here's mine !!

favorite song of 2016; a lotta great music came out this year, but i have to say i really liked dan croll's new songs swim, be alone, and away from today
song you listened to the most in the past year; well spotify said it was c.r.e.a.m. by wu-tang clan
any concerts you've been too/plan on going to?; ive seen courtney barnett, jack white, and social distortion, and then in march im seeing panic! at the disco
favorite part of the 2016?; hmm. a lotta good, a lotta bad. but my favorite moment was probably seeing courtney barnett live. i really love her music
favorite music moment of 2016?; kanye west exposing taylor swift
currently listening to anything?; the album turn blue by the black keys
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me