Movies you dislike

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Movies you dislike

Postby Coco Bunny » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 am

FloraCutegirl wrote:Unpopular opinion here, but ''Love, Simon''. My sister and I watched it, since our uncle had downloaded it and we were kind of bored.
It was so chock-full of propaganda I could not believe my eyes.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

1.Simon falls in love with that internet guy because he is in love with his personality. That redhead friend of his falls in love with that girl solely because of her looks. What do you mean by that?

2.That flag which read ''Liberal College'' when Simon imagined his dream college. I'm not even going to comment on this one.

3.When he kissed that other guy, he suddenly became a ''hero''. Let me tell you, I have a friend who won a national maths competition and the prize was enough money to buy a piano (and more). Everyone outside our friend group forgot within a week.

4.Finally, I can't comprehend how this could be considered ''relatable'', since it wasn't realistic. At all. Inspiring or encouraging? Maybe. But definitely not relatable.

Again, this is my opinion.

1. The redhead friend? Martin? If so, he's meant to be a shallow character
2. Yeah that's fair enough
3. Idk
4. I think it's relatable to teens who've had trouble coming out to their parents, or those who've been forcibly outed and thus lost friends and been bullied because of it

I loved it, but I do see the flaws with it of course.
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishyviolet » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 am

Umm I really didn't like Wonder Woman a whole lot. Please hear me out though hehhe

Most of it was a pretty good movie. It looked very nice and I liked the war parts enough. Now the main gripe I have about this film has to do with the very ending and like the last 2 scenes so

UH SPOILER WARNING

ok so the part where wonder woman kills the guy who she thinks is Ares, but then looks and people are still fighting? That's amazing. Having grown up in an extremely religious place where everything is defined by their mythology, it makes sense that she'd think that a humans' war would be caused by a god. Really, war is just lots of hate and people fighting each other, not to be explained mythologically. This is really smart.

...which is why I HATE that the other general is actually Ares! It'd be so smart for her to have to learn about the real world after leaving her utopia where she was raised. But she doesn't have to, and still could reasonably believe problems like this are just caused by gods n stuff. I'm also not a huge fan of super hero movies in general either so this probably bothered me more than if I enjoyed the genre to begin with (my family wanted to watch it together and I love my family so I wanted to be with them; probably would not have watched it on my own time)
fishy/xiphi
they/them
ΘΔ
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fishyviolet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 am

Fishyviolet wrote:I'm also not a huge fan of super hero movies in general

I hate Super Hero movies as well. :/ The only ones i really ever liked were Batman movies.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Hmmmmm How about Finding Nemo? Did not like that fish movie, nope nope nope.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:14 pm

plus ultra wrote:Hmmmmm How about Finding Nemo? Did not like that fish movie, nope nope nope.

I loved that movie ;-;

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage

ImageImageImage

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweathie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm

the greatest showman. y'all

all of the conflict arcs were basically nonexistent... the first conflict where the bearded lady was shy about her looks? settled in one song without talking about it. the 'freaks' being upset with pt barnum after he started to ignore them? settled in a song. his wife being upset with him after the jenny lind drama? finished in a song. the romance between zac efron and zendaya's characters was the only thing that had a bit of progression and hope for it, but right at the end it was all solved without talking about the subtle racism and societal issues in their relationship.
also all of the songs? basically pop songs masqueraded as showtunes. the other side is the only good song in the entire thing, and it also happens to be the ONLY ONE that is actually referencing what's going on. coincidence? i think not

the movie/fans try to push that all aside because of the movie's message that as long as it entertains/makes people happy you shouldn't criticize it, but acting like a movie so horribly constructed is sufficient entertainment is treating your audience like toddlers. people deserve better than flashy lights and celebrity cameos in a movie

@ FloraCutegirl
agree with you on the love, simon thing. read the book, thought it was a quick + stupid read but nothing too substantial. didn't watch the movie, but at least in the book the twist about blue's identity was SUPER obv.
i just wanna say tho, i don't wannt be ~too pc~ but you shouldn't refer to the movie as 'propaganda'. it's simply representational media, and i'm sure there would be conflict if i referred to tfios, the notebook, or titanic as conservative propaganda. idk if you're referring specifically to the gay mc as propaganda, but your wording comes off as insensitive. no harm done, but it's extremely condescending and not really a good mindset to have, i hope that makes sense
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:20 pm

temps de combustion wrote:the greatest showman. y'all

all of the conflict arcs were basically nonexistent... the first conflict where the bearded lady was shy about her looks? settled in one song without talking about it. the 'freaks' being upset with pt barnum after he started to ignore them? settled in a song. his wife being upset with him after the jenny lind drama? finished in a song. the romance between zac efron and zendaya's characters was the only thing that had a bit of progression and hope for it, but right at the end it was all solved without talking about the subtle racism and societal issues in their relationship.
also all of the songs? basically pop songs masqueraded as showtunes. the other side is the only good song in the entire thing, and it also happens to be the ONLY ONE that is actually referencing what's going on. coincidence? i think not

I liked that movie as well, i don't even like musicals.
Spekaing of musicals did i ever mention how awful the original Annie is? It's trash compared to the 2014 version.

ImageImageImage

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rain;; » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:32 pm

emoji movie :/

,x,xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
x,xxLove Is Love
x,,,x Be who you want to be -
x,x,xbe free in your own skin,
x,,xbe liberated and
and tempting
x,,x feel beautiful, and
xx,xdo what you want to do
x,x,without judgement.
x,x,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx❝ The wolf doesn't lose sleep over
xxxxxxxxthe opinion of the sheep . ❞
xxxxxxxxxxxxx - unknown

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx,xxxxxxx
,xLove
x,Love is love
,xBe Who You Are

xxxxxxxxxxx
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
My GameTrade Mecredit

Rain;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Z.O.M.B.I.E.S.

Don't even look it up. Please.

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am

Draconica2014 wrote:Honestly the percy jackson movies would be GREAT if they weren't based off of the books.

The books make them look like UTTER TRASH

Agreed. Wonder if seeing them first, then reading the books would fix this?
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me