music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby hiero » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:51 pm

I'll go ahead and update my form as well since it is nearly 2 years old. Obviously outdated. I'm listed as very good bad thing on the front page, would be cool if that could change too.

favorite artist (& why): 100% of Montreal. Music of every genre that retains the same signature feel. Kevin Barnes has a godlike voice and his instrumentals never fail to intrigue me. There are few oM songs I dislike.

all-time favorite song? (& why): Can't pick, sorry. There's far too many choices. I love too many bands, and even within one... of Montreal has something like 20 albums at the least.. too many songs to choose one.

least favorite artist? (& why): I just can't get into Camilla Cabello (is that how you spell it?) voice. I can see how other people might enjoy it, but I don't.

current favorite song?: The Past is a Grotesque Animal - of Montreal. In the words of one of the top youtube comments on the audio, it's not a song, it's an experience (but it is a song too).

favorite album?: Like earlier, can't pick just one album. Lately I've been listening to Lousy With Sylvianbriar a lot. Slide guitar is very nice.

favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): I typically use Apple Music, but I would prefer to someday buy vinyls and CDs instead.

who have you see live?: Imagine Dragons, Grouplove, Foster the People. Surprisingly, I've only seen groups I'm only moderately interested in.
Last edited by hiero on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ativanblues » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm

hey i'm gonna redo mine because it sounds like fun, also if anyone has any recommendations THROW THEM AT ME ill try anything

favorite artist (& why): i love remo drive!!! theres just something about their sound that i love, plus they're from my home state so it feels really nice haha. they're pretty new as well and i can't wait to follow them on their journey as a band! i have liked everything they've released so far, and the band just seems like cool guys! id love to meet them haha
all-time favorite song? (& why): everytime by boy pablo. this song is so special to me. its the first song my boyfriend sent me when we first started dating, and i feel like i got to know him a lot better just by listening to it (he's very reserved and doesn't share personal things that much). i feel like I'm falling in love with him over and over again when i hear it. the sound, pablos voice, the childish yet expressive lyrics, everything. its magical, it makes me believe in the supernatural. i love it.
least favorite artist? (& why): i don't know if i have one. i dislike artists, but i don't think i have a least favorite. maybe imagine dragons
current favorite song?: ive been drawn to song for a guilty sadist by crywank recently. theres something about it that feels personal. it sounds so sad, you bet i cried to it LMAO. its definitely something. its special.
favorite album?: i really don't know if i could pick. heres a few i like very much: greatest hits by remo drive, beachboy by mccafferty, abbey road by the beatles, roy pablo & soy pablo by boy pablo, tomorrow is nearly yesterday and everyday is stupid by crywank, from under the cork tree by fall out boy, pop food by jack stauber, ballads1 by joji, best buds by mom jeans, you're gonna miss it all by modern baseball, reaper by nothing,nowhere, the queen is dead by the smiths
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): spotify. id love to collect vinyl but i don't have a job and thats an expensive hobby.
who have you see live?: i've seen panic at the disco, fall out boy, remo drive, blackbear, saint motel, prince daddy & the hyena
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm

favourite artist (& why): Panic! At The Disco, without contest, because they rekindled my love for music and provided the stepping stone for me to find other artists that I probably would have skimmed over otherwise. (i.e: Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Melanie Martinez, Marina And The Diamonds, etc.)

all-time favourite song? (& why): God... Tough question! Probably 'This is Gospel' by Panic! At The Disco, because it was the first song of theirs that I heard so it introduced me to their music and prompted me to discover more of their songs. (Fun Story: I found 'This is Gospel' because the lyrics 'if you love me let me go!' got stuck in my head after seeing it all over Vine... I found my favourite artist because of a meme.)

least favourite artist? (& why): Probably My Chemical Romance or Taylor Swift. For My Chemical Romance, I've never been into 'emo' music, the furthest I'll delve into it is P!ATD, FOB & TOP, so I really dislike their music - it's made for a certain audience that just isn't me - and, in all honesty, their fanbase annoys me. For Taylor Swift, I just find her music extremely irritating especially the way she hates on her exes through her music.

current favourite song?: 'Kia Kaha' by Split Enz or 'Lay All Your Love On Me' by ABBA.

favourite album?: Either 'Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die' or 'Death Of A Bachelor' By Panic! At The Disco, because they've both always got a song that I'll enjoy regardless of my mood.

favourite platform?: Spotify.

who have you see live?: I've seen Panic! At The Disco, Crowded House, Coldplay, Adele, P!nk, The Wiggles (Originals), John Farnham (30 - 40 min set), Daryl Braithwaite (30 - 40 min set).
Last edited by Zeena on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate language
Carpe Diem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostfalls » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:42 am

favorite artist (& why): I don't have just one; my favorites are Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, and Three Days Grace. Many of the lyrics from Twenty One Pilots and Three Days Grace are relatable to me, and overall I just love the sound, rhythm, and beat to nearly every song by these bands.

all-time favorite song? (& why): Little Talks by Of Monsters And Men, because I absolutely loved it when I was younger and still do. It makes me very nostalgic.

least favorite artist? (& why): I don't particularly have one, but for the most part, I despise today's pop music.

current favorite song?: Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day

favorite album?: One-X by Three Days Grace

favorite platform? Amazon Music or Spotify

who have you see live?: Fall Out Boy, and I am going to see Twenty One Pilots this summer.
ghostfalls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dismas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:19 pm

favorite artist (& why): honestly, for right now i'd have to go with t+pazolite! i can't really describe the type of genre the music produced by them is in but.. It Sound Good.
i also like gorillaz, jack stauber, the scary jokes, and lemon demon, but i'm more focused on t+pazolite right now!
all-time favorite song? (& why): i have a few, i have no specific fave:
- You Are The Miserable: it's just so chaotic and i LOVE it
- デナイアルミュトラ: angelic and mystical while also having that dark sort of twist/flare... absolutely bonkers and i love it
- Marry me, Nightmare: the samples and the tone are so... Good. they fit together so well. the song has a sort of boss-fight esque theme to it... the middle/ending sounds so crazy as well... what a jam. i also like how it gets faster and faster till it sort of combusts and starts again. it just sounds soooo good *whips*
- !!!カオスタイム!!!: IT SOUNDS SO POSITIVE AND UPBEAT.. kind of seems like it would be from some sort of video game ost!

i'd put more but i don't wanna clog this LOL

least favorite artist? (& why): P!ATD, TOP, blackbear, taylor swift, modern pop music they constantly play on the radio, country. all of it, etc, etc. i'm not a big fan of really any sort of music they produce and/or music like that + the overhype and constant playing of songs like that have just kind of ruined it for me. i've also really liked sort of.. non conforming genres/artists? if that makes sense.

no hate to those who may be reading this who like any of the things listed! mad respect 4 you

current favorite song?: read the 'all-time favorite song' section!
favorite album?: Ponko2 Girlish by t+pazolite, See You Again, Hollowood by t+pazolite, HiLo by Jack Stauber, BURN PYGMALION​!​!​! A Better Guide to Romance by The Scary Jokes
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): youtube and spotify! i have over 16+ playlists on yt and around 2 big ones on spotify.
who have you see live?: nobody, sadly! glass animals came to my town around 2017 but i was in the hospital at the time so i missed them :(

if anybody has any recommendations for me lmk!
rudy he him his & it its, 20
very very sporadic activity, sorry
you're free to trade with me, but no guarantee i'll see it very quickly
thanks much for visiting; while you're here, go check out my favorite pets
dismas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BobTheButlerBob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

favorite artist (& why): BTS because they always produce new music and break music language barriers while supporting a good message
all-time favorite song? (& why): Nothing Holdin' me back by Shawn Mendes, or Really Really by Winner, because both of the songs are total bops and make me feel happy whenever.
least favorite artist? (& why): I don't really have a least favorite artist because I prefer to support all different types of musician but Justin Bieber has never really struck my fancy.
current favorite song?: Boy in Luv by BTS (Ft. Halsey) because it just came out and it is really good and creative
favorite album?: Wings by BTS
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): Spotify or Youtube
who have you see live?: BTS, DAY6, Panic at thew Disco, Monsta X, Astro, Seventeen, Pentagon, ETc.

█
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█░█   ▒█▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█   █░█   ▒█▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█   █░█
▄▀▄   ▒█▀▀▄ ░▒█░░ ░▀▀▀▄▄   ▄▀▄   ▒█▀▀▄ ░▒█░░ ░▀▀▀▄▄   ▄▀▄
▀░▀   ▒█▄▄█ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄█   ▀░▀   ▒█▄▄█ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄█   ▀░▀
┏Credit To My Sister┓█░█ Thing #1 & Thing #2
┏Credit To My Sister┓▄▀▄

▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ┏xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    My dad died at his own funeral.
    ┖xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐

▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ┏xxxxxxxx
    BTS V <3
    ┖xxxxxxxx

▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀

BobTheButlerBob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby billie eilish » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 pm

favorite artist (& why):
i have a few but take a guess at one lol. real talk, although i love a lot of artists i really love billie. she seems like a really authentic person and she's a teenager out there just doing what she wants to do and living her best life. i really admire her courage. i'm also a big fan of joji, i can really jam out to his music. also love mxmtoon and dodie, they're both just sweethearts and i love their music so much
all-time favorite song? (& why):
715 - CRΣΣKS by bon iver. honestly it just really hits different in a way i can't explain. it was also introduced to me by one of my best friends so i have a soft spot.
least favorite artist? (& why):
i can't really get into kpop:/ i'm not sure why. maybe in the future! mad respect for it though
current favorite song?:
dancing in the dark - joji
i love you - billie eilish
just to name a couple
favorite album?:
when we all fall asleep, where do we go? - billie eilish
22, a million - bon iver
human - dodie
ballads 1 - joji
to name a few. sorry i can never pick one thing ever
favorite platform?:
i listen to google play a lot. i generally prefer to listen to vinyl when i can.
who have you see live?:
young the giant and theory of a deadman. i'm seeing billie eilish in june and dodie in september, maaaybe twenty one pilots in may
╭━━━━╮

╰━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━━━╮

krista - 18+ - she/her bisexual
infj - ravenclaw - pisces
college music education major
violist, dancer, singer, pianist
saw billie live 6.9.2019

╰━━━━━━━━━━╯
billie eilish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivylight » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:04 am

favorite artist (& why): daft punk has been my favorite artist for years, because their music gives me such good vibes. every track made with such attention to detail and not trying to stick to a formula or pander to others desires.. it broke my heart when they didn't tour again in 2017
honorable mentions: owl city!!!, paramore, avril, the cure, foster the people, the smiths, blondie, belanova, julian casablancas, drive by truckers, playboi carti, shakira, earth wind & fire, kerokero bonito, oneohtrix point never, steve miller band, tom petty, arctic monkeys, migos, frankie valli, queens of the stone age, red hot chili peppers, dire straits, michael jackson, and R.E.M.
all-time favorite song? (& why): desert horse by melody's echo chamber! i discovered her in january and everything about this track resonates with me, in my current situation. i cried at the music video
least favorite artist? (& why): i wouldn't say i have a particular least favorite. i don't really care for k-pop or billie eilish lol. there's nothing about that music that stands out to me
current favorite song?: yo te sigo queriendo, by selena. i love her so much and it makes me wish i had a more flexible voice
favorite album?: discovery
favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc): i use spotify but also have a CD and cassette collection <:
who have you see live?: blue oyster cult! they are one of my favorite bands <3
────────────────────
[ alice | german-american | artist & daydreamer | past known as Ivylight ]

────────────────────
Ivylight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:26 pm

This thread is sooo dead. Time to revive.
So many good albums out/coming out this year. First two that come to mind are False Alarm by Two Door Cinema Club and Here Comes The Cowboy by Mac Demarco. What music are you guys excited about this year? And what artists have you discovered recently?
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Well, ANTI by HYDE came out this year which is awesome. He's just plain amazing. Nothing else to describe him. I've never heard a bad song off of him, whether it be L'arc en Ciel or VAMPS or his solo work. Unfortunately don't think the international version comes in CD form and he's definitely not coming back to my state when he's on his fall tour. But hey, listen to ANTI!

Very excited for new Sleeping with Sirens. Though the whole blond Kellin thing's gonna take some getting used to. Also pretty excited for new Korn, especially after Slipknot's lackluster [in my opinion] new material. New Korn makes me think of first album Korn which is really neat.

Literally almost everyone in Octane's newest artists is amazing. Any Given Sin and Saul in particular. Any Given Sin makes me think old era Shinedown and it makes me a little nostalgic. SAUL. In a league all their own. Brother hits me so hard though, even though I think uncle and not brother.

-------

Aaaaand my music tastes have shifted recently. Quite a lot. Still a metalhead though. Never gonna stop loving rock, punk, and metal music. Lately I've had a bit of a taste for alternative, pop, electronic, and even some rap. The whole 'me learning I don't need to be confined into any one box in life' thing, spurred that.

I think this all started a couple years back when I saw BTS perform on New Years Eve.

Yeah, you can see where this is going.

It stuck with me. I swear, the only act that night that didn't lip sync and actually looked like they were having a blast. Didn't think to look into them though. Then, some time 2018, I discovered Beckdrop's transition documented in the form of a dance comparison video. Almost all kpop. I started looking at kpop dance compilations.

And then, the BBMAs happen.

Unlike when I was watching the New Years performance, I was three things ; actually wearing my glasses, wide awake, and watching it on an over forty inch TV instead of the little over a foot wide one I watched the New Years one on. I think I died blushing before they even went on. I mean, seven guys equal parts hot and adorable sitting in the front row eating popcorn. I was dying they were too cute.

They blew me away. I went from playing compilations to playing whole songs. I went from just BTS to EXO, NCT, SHINee, and more.

Yep, that's right. Newest kpop fan on the block.

So, as for new kpop I'm excited for. I really can't wait to see more out of TXT. Saw them on Wango Tango and they have to be the three best dancers in the whole world. Poor kiddos looked so tired though.

I also discovered Day6, who I'm now obsessed with. What could be better than mixing rock and kpop? Shoot Me and Days Go By are constantly stuck in my head now. Please, please, please guys...check them out. You wont regret it. I've gotta say, I have a huge soft spot for Jae. I mean, the guy was literally just a cute college age guy doing covers on youtube for years!

I think I've rambled too much, so I'll shut off my signature for this post to save a bit of space.
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me