Describe your favourite things and make them sound terrible

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Describe your favourite things and make them sound terri

Postby Gadzooksthedragon11 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:18 am

1. An anime where a high school detective gets turned into a kid after taking a pill that was supposed to kill him. Where ever he goes (amusement parks, nice restaurants, museums, vacations, you name it) someone either dies or gets kidnapped. It has at least 835 episodes and going!
2. Another anime that is part of the anime talked about in one, where a teenage kid who's father died when he was 8, finds out his father was an infamous phantom thief and becomes that infamous phantom thief to find out about his fathers death. He is always chased around by his best friends father who says his soul purpose in life is to catch the phantom thief.
3. A series of books where wizards exist. The stories follow the adventures of Sparrowhawk, a famous wizard that was dragonlord and Archmage, who came from the island of Gont. Written by Ursula Le Guin.
Gadzooksthedragon11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:29 am

Kaito Kid1412 wrote:1. An anime where a high school detective gets turned into a kid after taking a pill that was supposed to kill him. Where ever he goes (amusement parks, nice restaurants, museums, vacations, you name it) someone either dies or gets kidnapped. It has at least 835 episodes and going!
2. Another anime that is part of the anime talked about in one, where a teenage kid who's father died when he was 8, finds out his father was an infamous phantom thief and becomes that infamous phantom thief to find out about his fathers death. He is always chased around by his best friends father who says his soul purpose in life is to catch the phantom thief.
3. A series of books where wizards exist. The stories follow the adventures of Sparrowhawk, a famous wizard that was dragonlord and Archmage, who came from the island of Gont. Written by Ursula Le Guin.

...The point is to make them sound as bad as possible, not just describe them. Also, the last one is Earthsea.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadzooksthedragon11 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:39 am

I'm sorry. I tried my best with the first two but now that I reread it a few times, I think I kinda got wrapped up when I did the last one. Would you like me to edit it? And you are correct about Earthsea.
Gadzooksthedragon11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelpinkydoe » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:33 pm

a children's cartoon about sentient rocks that cry a lot and a teenager who is his own mother.
Angelpinkydoe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Angelpinkydoe wrote:a children's cartoon about sentient rocks that cry a lot and a teenager who is his own mother.

Steven Universe. I laughed at this one.

About two years ago, my favourite work of fiction was about this child solider who shouted a lot and wouldn't stop introspecting about his life choices. Towards the end, it became really illogical and depressing.

In all seriousness, though, I'd like to coin a term for a phenomenon where towards the climax, a story makes less and less sense: Unravelling Tension.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jessemccree » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Dead man who may have been eaten by piranhas and a republican herd cows.
justice aint gonna dispense itself.

hi my names mccree
add me on battle net! im cowboy#12861
jessemccree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby princess yona. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:47 pm

- So this guy is in a band and he's a solo singer. Who has three surnames. Why does he have three surnames. Oh well, his own music is better then the bands.
princess yona.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:02 pm

strange man literally breaks all the rules of "good" story-telling and somehow makes bank off a comic made in ms paint where time and space are jacked and no one has any arms unless they're performing an action that requires the use of said arms (which leads to a lot of memes and jokes about it)
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelpinkydoe » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:34 pm

maidoftime wrote:
strange man literally breaks all the rules of "good" story-telling and somehow makes bank off a comic made in ms paint where time and space are jacked and no one has any arms unless they're performing an action that requires the use of said arms (which leads to a lot of memes and jokes about it)

homestuck :clap:
Angelpinkydoe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:38 pm

maidoftime wrote:

HOMESTUCK FTW!!!!!!!!

You are forced outside your home after your dad is no where to be seen. Then you get forced to go up against a whole criminal organization on your own but you end up saving the world
Vector • he/it • adult
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me