Ace Attorney!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Ace Attorney!

Postby Puzzles101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:16 am

I know about the Danganronpa games since I watched the entire anime and currently watching some playthroughs of the games. The crossover idea is a possibility, but killing a character from the AA universe would be out of the question considering the circumstances of both games, Danganronpa and Ace Attorney.
It would be interesting to see the two in a crossover, but I think that it would take some consideration and trial and error in order to not accidentally kill anyone off, unless there are random characters placed in for the sake of killing someone.
Did I make sense?
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 am

The creators wouldn't be able to throw in new characters because DR being DR, it would mean that the character is either going to be the murderer or the victim. They certainly could, but it would be way too obvious

I can actually see some of the AA characters being killed off if the game took place in a separate universe. I just can't see Phoenix, Maya, or possibly Edgeworth, getting killed. But you said you couldn't picture an AA getting killed considering the circumstances of the games? AA sure, but characters in DR drop like flies. Massive DR2/DR3 spoilers the entire cast from DR2 is alive as well so there are plenty of options there. It would be pretty mean to kill them off again but hey.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollo Justice » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:45 am

I know a decent amount of info about DR for someone who never played any of the games and only watched half of a playthrough before getting bored, eheh...

But anyways, if the crossover happened in an alt. universe, I can kind of see it working out. I agree that the tendency for DR characters to die would be a problem, even if it did work like that. I guess it'd be interesting to see a mash-up of both game's trial mechanics, anyways.

It'd also be kind of funny to see a AA-esque crime scene covered with garish pink blood.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
~ Hello there ~
------------------------------------
My name's Apollo Justice, yo!
------------------------------------
I like Ace Attorney (duh),
retro gaming, Gravity Falls,
drawing, and some other stuff.

I'm still upset over Romein Le'touse's name pun.

Come and check out my AA trash blog!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Apollo Justice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holmes221B » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Yeah, I can kind of see how it would work, but it would be pretty complicated to find a balance between Danganronpa and Ace Attorney, and I mean by the gameplay. There might be some difficulty in finding out how the investigations and trials should work. Also, the DR characters have no experience in actual trials and the Ace Attorney characters have no experience in class trials. However, it would be interesting in seeing different characters react to different trial systems.

"Sherlock Holmes. Surely you've heard of me?"

xxImage
Imagexx
- Sherlock Holmes
(Dai Gyakuten Saiban)

holmes221B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:53 pm

What I meant by that is that not a lot of people die purposely because of being forced to along with manipulation, but I know that happens in DR and not AA, I think. However, I wouldn't mind if the crossover is set in a separate universe, but I would mind if the main ones were killed off, meaning Phoenix, Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth, et cetera.
Yes, the gameplay is rather hectic, fast, and difficult in DR rather than in AA with all of the little things such as the "Hangman's Gambit," the "Rebuttal Showdown," and the "Non-Stop Debates." AA doesn't have a time limit during the trials, but the DR ones do. Luckily, it is around twelve minutes or so.
It would also provide an opportunity to put some of the lawyers and prosecutors against each other in a battle of wits since Monokuma has a tendency to lower everyone's trust for each other.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35 am

The DR investigations work pretty much the same as the AA ones do so investigation wouldn't be a problem. I'd like it if the game would keep the investigation UI like AA but still keep some of the DR mechanics like pressing a button to see everything you can examine, then when you hover over something, there's a little text box telling you what it is you're looking at.

The DR gameplay is definitely more hectic than the AA ones and can be harder. Hangman's Gambit should be dropped entirely, or at least taken from the first DR game. The second game's (Improved) Hangman's Gambit is very unfair ... to say the least. I think a way to make the gameplay work is the replace the Nonstop Debates with AA-style cross-examination (which is unfortunate because I loved the Nonstop Debates--they're really fun) with multiple people kind of like in PLvsPW, then include the DR minigames like Logic Dive and Panic Talk Action in between. Oh, and include the Closing Argument, of course. AA doesn't have very much to it in terms of gameplay, so it would be pretty easy to implement the gameplay bits from DR. And if people who have played DR and not AA don't want to do the DR gameplay bits, there's a difficulty setting so it shouldn't be too bad. The Magatama would still be in the game too and that will stay in the investigations.

Oh, it definitely doesn't look like it, but DR's minigames are a lot easier than they look, and they're really fun. I didn't like the bulk of the gameplay from the second game (the UI for Panic Talk Action in DR2 is awful, for one thing...) but I loved all of it from the first game.

Not sure if FTE should be included, though. It would let the player be able to collect skills like in the DR games, but I'm not sure how exactly it should work. Free Time happens because the characters don't have anything to do, but that hardly ever happens in AA.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:31 am

In short, for me some things in DR are really fun, but I really don't like the Hangman's Gambit one bit. (Pun not intended). However, I would like to see the Non-Stop Debates and the AA cross examination merged together in some way, but I haven't thought that far yet.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:23 am

Sorry for double-posting.
Look what I found while watching the playthrough of Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, while we are on the subject of a crossover between DR and AA.

Not a coincidence, right? Or maybe it is?
This game has so many references and puns.....
Could be a reference to Phoenix's power of bluffing, maybe.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:28 am

Haha, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a reference to AA. One of the characters references Professor Layton too. "I only play video games with top hat wearing professors," or something like that.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:58 am

Yeah, I like that reference too.
"I only play games with riddle-solving professors and collecting cute monsters."
Professor Layton and Pokemon.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me