CLOSED

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Whats your NOtp?

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:26 am

Okay so, literally nobody else here has probably read this, but,
The Count of Monte Cristo, right? It's wonderful, it's my favorite book, I love it.
HOWEVER,
I cannot vibe with the ending where the Count gets together with Haydèe. I mean, it's established that the Count thinks of her as a daughter- he's been taking care of her since she was TWELVE, and at some points, he REFERS TO HER AS HIS DAUGHTER (although, granted, she kind of always talks about him in this,, overly affectionate way). Then, suddenly, in one of the chapters leading up to the end, there's a moment like, "oh, what? Haydèe might actually be in love with him for realsies, whaaaaat???!??! :00" and it's, well, it's kind of uncomfortable :/
But, that doesn't compare to the ending, where the Count is like, "aight imma head out, hey Valentine, take care of Haydèe for me and make sure she's happy, okay?" But then, Haydèe overhears and is like, "NO I WOULD DIE WITHOUT YOU, 'I love you as a father, as a brother, as a husband!!'" (Which... Hmm. Bit of a yikes right there.)
And the Count, despite having shown NO romantic feelings towards her EVER, because she's LESS THAN HALF HIS AGE, SHE'S 19 AND HE'S IN HIS 40'S, he's just like,,, "wow, okay I guess I'll marry you, I love you so much wow we're so in love uwu" and then they literally sail off into the sunset to live happily ever after or something, which, don't get me wrong, is a beautiful ending for Edmond, but tacking Haydèe on there just seemed,,, unnecessary?? And weird?? Like, he didn't need a love interest anyway!!
My conclusion to this essay is that the Count should have stayed single. Thank you and goodnight.
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 pm

kiibouma (kokichi ouma x kiibo). it's deadass just toxic man

kotoko utsugi x anyone. like- because of her past.

junko enoshima x anyone. especially the protags, izuru, and mikan though. like, the protags are the protags, mikan is just a big yikes that im not gonna go into, and junko literally convinced izuru that despair was a good thing like bruh

hinanami (hajime hinata x chiaki nanami). i don't completely hate it, but there's something about it that's just funny and dumb to me, and i cannot take it seriously

EDIT: SONADOW (SONIC THE HEDGEHOG X SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG) I ACTUALLY HATE SONADOW SO MUCH. I USED TO SHIP IT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER BUT OH MY GOD IT'S ILLEGAL AND GROSS.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marr » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:29 am

komaeda x anyone ( i hate him )
kokichi x anyone ( that would NOT work out also because i hate him )

kayea x diluc .... jesus christ i dont even need to explain this one
inactive
marr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i<3 wolves678 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 am

Frans.
Just, don’t get me started.
I’ve never liked this ship since I joined the Undertale fandom and it bothers me just how much it’s normalized.
Frisk is a literal child, that is something stated MULTIPLE times in the game INCLUDING SANS who literally calls them “KID”
Just because a character is “aged up” doesn’t make it okay in the slightest, and the fact that this kind of ship is normalized in a fandom full of minors concerns me greatly.

Also, any ships including youtubers/real people.
Unless those people are
A. In a healthy relationship already
or B. Have explicitly stated they are alright with shipping, it’s a big no no. It’s messed up how this sort of thing can have a big impact on the friendships of the people involved, like how it made Sean and Mark stop collaborating for a while because it made them so uncomfortable.
    *•—————————•*.
    Hey!! I’m i<3 wolves678,
    but you can call me Tiny.

I’m an aspiring artist and
    amateur animator who mainly
    focuses on creating fan content.
    My interests include
    Deltarune, Undertale, FNAF,
    Super paper Mario, NITW,
    Lemon Demon,
    and more I can’t be asked
    to list lol

she/they/it | adult
    ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
    .*•—————————•*.
i<3 wolves678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:12 am

hinanami
chiaki is one of my trigger characters i hate her and i hate this ship

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage

ImageImageImage

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grenblen » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:28 am

Keiichi Hiiragi and Uta Yumeno. It's my least favorite ship in Onegai My Melody. It's just so creepy.
grenblen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spacialdimension » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Randomly got reminded of this thread existing and I need to bring this up.

Skid x Pump. No. Just no. They are kids. Besides that, they're just really good friends, and I wouldn't really ship them.
Oh hey, you've noticed this! I'm SpacialDimension, but you can call me Space, Spacial, or SD. I like videogames, and I have too many obsessions over them; feel free to ask about which games I play. I can have social anxiety at times, mostly with new people or those I look up to. Send a PM if you want to chat, but I may take a while to respond because I'm nervous.
Spacialdimension

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♦sycakumaho♦ » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm

kaeluc / diluc x kaeya. [genshin impact]
wasnt it stated that like.. kaeya and diluc were brothers or something?? like yeah kaeya mightve been adopted by diluc's father but still. that's just. gross.
hi hi hello
this is just a signature but ok
my name is ♦sycakumaho♦
i dont have oekaki since im a mobile player
i lomf wolves and cats ((dragons too))
i listen to too many genres of songs
i have a dog and a cat
i normally dont speak to people in pms because nobody talks to me either
hoo boy i have a whole bunch of aesthetics i like
im an asexual but panromantic
i joke rp a lot, and never do serioys rps
im a random person okay??
♦sycakumaho♦

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Spacialdimension wrote:Randomly got reminded of this thread existing and I need to bring this up.

Skid x Pump. No. Just no. They are kids. Besides that, they're just really good friends, and I wouldn't really ship them.

THIS. LITERALLY JUST THIS.
i literally thought they were brothers for a bit too like no please don't ship them

ImageImageImage

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YXIN » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:01 pm

Bakudeku :,)
Why? How? What? I understand Tododeku or Kiribaku but Bakudeku?? Mans literally told Deku to swandive off a building? I get that it was ages ago but still, it cannot and won’t be justified in any way.
Last edited by YXIN on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxx
“ Are you satisfied with an average life ? ”‪‪❤︎‬
┏▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰┓

__________💜__________
YXIN ᡣ𐭩 | She/They | 中文/ENG

credit

┖▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰┚
YXIN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery