Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: worst book ever

Postby AnnaBananaBug » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:50 am

Moby Dick :lol:
Hi! I'm AnnaBananaBug :lol:
It always a pleasure to meet new people on CS! If you ever feel lonely, fell free to PM me!
Anyways hope you have a good time on CS today!

Pet's name:♥Thank you so much, NorwegianWood!♥♊︎
AnnaBananaBug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:13 am

The Gentleman Shark wrote:
    I agree they did not talk like teenagers, but I still found myself enjoying the book. I hated the last book in the Cirque Du Freak series. It had built up to this big final battle, then halfway through the book the NARRORATOR dies! Then it gets all downhill from there with confusing time travel and a story that leaves lots of plot holes. Truly a horrible ending to a great book series.

I've found that the quickest way to ruin a series is to include time travel as a plot device. Sure, it can still be done well, but if done poorly, it can result in a confusing mess of plot holes.

Exactly, time travel is the quickest way to destroy a book's universe.
Because no matter what you do, it will cause some kind of paradox like it or not. If
someone can actually give me a good example of this not being the case, please let me
know, I'm curious on reading something that used time travel very well.

For an example, I will fully admit as a Potterhead that Rowlings shouldn't have put time travel
in the third book of Harry Potter. The entire concept was done very poorly, and in later books isn't
even addressed again. There's many ways The Prisoner of Azkaban could've been written without time travel
to fix the issue. That book still stands as my least favorite book of the series after the final book for that reason alone.

Even the Warriors series of all things
fell into the trap of using time travel...

it shall be established forever ★★★★
━━━━━━━{ as the moon }━━━
★★★★★★★ and as a faithful witness
━━━━{ in heaven }━━━━━━━━

~ ✩ Image ✩ ~
Wanna talk? Need help? Send me a PM!
I love to chat, and am quite friendly!
Important note:
I have returned temporarily for collecting/trading
December 18th pets and seasonal art purchasing. After
I do some trade ups and downs for art fodder to get a
couple pieces of art and save a few personal things,
I am going to host a giveaway and finally leave CS for good.
Thanks for the awesome memories CS. The Lord ended up
using this site to bring about a testimony that I will never forget.
Currently searching for artists who can draw HQ humans
in an olden time-period. Please PM me for more information.

The verse above is from Psalm 89:37 in the KJV Bible.

Signature by sparrow;

~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:16 am

AnnaBananaBug wrote:Moby Dick :lol:

Oh man, I want to read it XD
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoloft » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 am

worst book i ever read was twilight . dont get me wrong, i love the series, especially the movies. but it's just poorly written! and there are so many plot holes! & the writing sounds like a teenager wrote it.. not intentionally. plus, lets be real, that story line... guy stalks girl, girl falls in love with him? stephenie meyer wyd..

edit: i remembered a worse one. i dont know the title, but we heard it was gonna be at book fair. it's literally a book about this app where people decide if the girl in a relationship is 'worthy' of the guy. thats literally... so stupid. first of all, if you didnt like someone youd say they werent worthy. but you disliking someone does not inherently mean that they are unworthy. furthermore, you could be into the guy and want em to break up! secondly, how you gonna let an app determine if you should be in a relationship.. like,, fr. if you love someone that should be all that matters, not if everyone thinks theyre 'worthy' idk that whole book is so flawed to me
Last edited by zoloft on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

live and learn
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
i'm not gonna sit around and feel
guilty for every mistake i've ever
made. if you think you're perfect,
you're wrong. no one is without a
flaw. what matters is how we
correct the wrongs we've done.
you can't just 'cancel' somebody
because they mess up.

i used to be more active on
ix herexbutxixdont really play
ix much anymore. feel free to
ix send me a pm if you want a
ix friend though!xxxxxxxxxxx

zoloft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emiiwwy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 am

this book called three black swans.
i had to read it for my library's battle of the books program.
needless to say, i did not main it, as it was a terrible book, filled with useless plot twists that weren't even
G O O D.
Image Image
Image Image

Image Image Image

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
emiiwwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 pm

@brumous
plus, lets be real, that story line... guy stalks girl, girl falls in love with him?

yes this annoys me so much!! I just want to shout at the characters to have some common sense. And many young adult books seem to use this cliche ????

the immortal series by alyson someone... i can't remember right now c:
the vampire diaries
    My problem with these books are that they are very shallow and focus very much on romance. One of the reasons I don't like them is the girl characters always need the male character which very cliche, which also seems to be the main plot of the books above. Books without love are fine too ya know! I also don't like how all the characters are gorgeous and beautiful. The writing isn't very good? I feel like they are just counting on the fact that its about romance to sell it.
    Don't get me wrong, I've read some wonderfully written books about relationships but they were interesting and the characters had back bones. Just the ones above ... didn't.

the city of bones series (well the first three books)
    I enjoyed the world building and the fantasy side but the relationship with Jace and Clary ruined it for me. It didn't feel necessary and just added drama.

Who knows though, I may give them another go.
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kia_Bee » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:38 pm

The Island trilogy. I read them when i was in late childhood/early teens.

It's about six kid stereotypes; a rich boy, a sports girl, a trouble maker, two twins and a hacker, that are placed on a boat for the summer to "improve themselves" or something like that. They get lost in a storm and land on an island and have to survive. There's like pirates or something like that that are on the island trying to kill them. They eventually are found and live life happily.

Maybe because I wasn't in the age group it was targeted at, but I found it dull and think I fell asleep reading them which doesn't happen unless it's boring or I'm super tired.
Image -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_Image_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Bumblebee, there is only one| You got people out there| This is how we stop them.
way to end this war, you must| who need you.| You’ve got me, and I’m not going anywhere
protect earth and its people.| This is why you’re here, Bee.
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:34 am

~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~ wrote:
The Gentleman Shark wrote:
    I agree they did not talk like teenagers, but I still found myself enjoying the book. I hated the last book in the Cirque Du Freak series. It had built up to this big final battle, then halfway through the book the NARRORATOR dies! Then it gets all downhill from there with confusing time travel and a story that leaves lots of plot holes. Truly a horrible ending to a great book series.

I've found that the quickest way to ruin a series is to include time travel as a plot device. Sure, it can still be done well, but if done poorly, it can result in a confusing mess of plot holes.

Exactly, time travel is the quickest way to destroy a book's universe.
Because no matter what you do, it will cause some kind of paradox like it or not. If
someone can actually give me a good example of this not being the case, please let me
know, I'm curious on reading something that used time travel very well.

For an example, I will fully admit as a Potterhead that Rowlings shouldn't have put time travel
in the third book of Harry Potter. The entire concept was done very poorly, and in later books isn't
even addressed again. There's many ways The Prisoner of Azkaban could've been written without time travel
to fix the issue. That book still stands as my least favorite book of the series after the final book for that reason alone.

Even the Warriors series of all things
fell into the trap of using time travel...

To be honest, I liked the time travel in Prisoner of Azkaban because it tied together the loose ends and make the story feel concise. Then again, I half-knew it in advance because I read about it on Wikipedia a long time ago.

PMD2, on the other hand... (warning: old video)
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DBD » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 am

A hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. I started slamming my face into the wall. It seemed to make time crawl even slower each word.
DBD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorRazorclaw » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 am

The third Hunger Games book

The first one was amazing, the second one was good, but the third one bored me. I also had trouble figuring out what was going on, just so much happening all at once. I quit half way through. Also, yes, I know who dies in the end.
I always click clickables in signatures!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
WarriorRazorclaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me